PDA

View Full Version : how about 51 lbs bi-phase 17 in YT Prestige MP?

Connors
03-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Because of the very tight string pattern and the fact that this is not an overly powerful frame with excellent control (it does have more "pop" than the other Prestiges, in my opinion)--I was thinking of putting BiPhase 17 in at a low tension, say around 50-52 to maximize the power for this frame.

Thoughts? I'm not sure this is a good frame to hybrid and I want to stay away from the polyesters.

If I did elect to use hybrid, would cyber blue in mains and bi-phase in crosses at lower tension be a good set up? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have Luxilon Ace 18 in there now at 56 pounds and it does not feel as "lively" or powerful as I'd prefer--although the control is excellent.

ClubHoUno
03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm using a hybrid of X-One 18 gauge mains @ 52 lbs and Luxilon Alu Power crosses @ 48 lbs in my wet weather Wilson BLX 18X20 racquet and it feels really nice.

Not gut like at all, but nice blend of power, spin and control.
Prefer gut mains but for rainy days, this X-One 18 gauge stuff is great !

Connors
03-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks. Is there any particular problems with all bi-phase 17?

DrpShot!
03-30-2010, 08:24 AM
I have all Biphase 17 in my YTK Prestige MP right now at 61lbs and it feels pretty "tinny", as in tin can like, very control oriented feel. I wonder if a lower tension would help? Sometimes when I set up well and flatten the shot out I hear a serious popping sound, almost like an explosion, I don't know if its the YTK or Biphase, but it usually results in a crushing shot with tons of power, I just can't replicate it enough often enough and definitely don't hear it on topspin rally balls.

Shangri La
03-30-2010, 10:30 AM
My new YT P MP came in yesterday. It's strung with X1 18 @ 54/52. But I won't have time to hit with it until at least the weekend -__- String spacing in the middle doesnt look overly dense. From bouncing balls in my room, sweetspot seems to be a littler higher in the string bed, and I usually hit in the middle or 1-2 crosses lower. Also, I noticed the space between the 1st and 2nd cross is smaller than 2nd and 3rd cross. Is that right for the YT MP?

ClubHoUno
03-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks. Is there any particular problems with all bi-phase 17?

No not at all.

I just prefer a hybrid of a soft main string and a stiff cross string because I get better control, ball pocketing, less string movement and it gives me an overall better feel, which I prefer :)

Your mileage may very well vary :p

If you were to test a full multi bed at low tension, the X-One would be your best choice, as It's a somewhat stiff multi and reminds some a little bit of a soft poly, especially for the first couple of hours.

Try X-One at that low tension and report back here in this thread. Would love to hear your opinion on how it felt and played for you :)

I would think that a full bed of X-One at that low tension would turn into a power machine or rocket launcher.

But let's hear how it played for you, I could be wrong.

Connors
03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks. I'll report back. I'm probably going to have it strung at 52-53 pounds.