PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy Gaucho/Global gut?

David123
03-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Title says it all :P Looking to try my first Natural gut. Do you guys reccomand those natural guts or should i go with klip for 26$ a pack?

ninjatennis
03-29-2010, 09:52 AM
do a search. tw is a good company so i won't violate their rules.

meowmix
03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
If you want to try it, you can find it on the bay, and you can also contact them directly. Whether or not it's worth it is up to you- some feel that you're better off w/ a Klip/Pacific hybrid with a synthetic gut, others go for the global/gaucho. Try it yourself and see, but take heed the warnings about snapping, stringing frustration, and gauge inconsistencies.

wrxtotoro
03-29-2010, 01:45 PM
I'd take Klip/Pacific($26) over Global/Gaucho ($14??) any day. Especially if you are stringing for others.

The batch of Gaucho I got a year ago was good. I string the 16 gauge up to 64 lb and no problem whatsoever. However the batch I got a few months ago was simply horrible. I string 4 set of 17 G (8 half set) in hybrid with some other multi from 50-57 lb but all of them either snapped during stringing or snapped in the bag after stringing.

To me it just seems like a lottery. If you don't mind 15 or 16 gauge and 2 hours stringing it up, go ahead and try it out. Who knows? MAYBE you will get a good batch.

I'd rather spend $26 and and get some decent strings from a reputable dealer like TW. At least I won't waste my precious time on a mere saving of $12. I have used over 20 packs of Klip and Pacific each and they never NEVER slapped prematurely.

JT_2eighty
03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
To me it just seems like a lottery. If you don't mind 15 or 16 gauge and 2 hours stringing it up, go ahead and try it out. Who knows? MAYBE you will get a good batch.

Well put. Along the same lines, if you get a good batch and like it, who's to say the next one will be good. Consistency in QC is what you get for a few more bucks, $26 is a deal when it comes to gut, I personally like Pacific Classic 17g. It plays a bit more crisp than VS as well, so has a nice firm control and still get that gut feel. I've never tried global or gaucho (I tried to try gaucho but they never emailed me back twice, so there you go, you get what you pay for).

thebuffman
03-29-2010, 03:13 PM
i have both global and gaucho gut. the gaucho gut is noticeably better quality (16 guage is 16 guage) whereas global gut is all over the place. 16 gauge global will slide easily through the grommet the first 2 feet and then get stuck for 6inches etc etc. no quality control whatsoever.

my global gut (full job) has never popped on me. both jobs of gaucho have popped. i usually string gaucho job with global (gaucho in mains). one popped because of a hard serve near the tip of the racquet but that is understandable. the other one snapped the other day when i rared back to slam a soft return. as i prepared to hit the ball i heard a loud POP. looked down and it was my string bed.

i just strung up a full gaucho job today (red) and we will see what happens when i go out and play. the gull global job has been in for a good month now and hits like a champ.

David123
03-29-2010, 08:03 PM
hmm.. looks like i wont be geting guacho or global haha aint worth it.. if i feel like trying natural gut one day ill try klip haha cheapest one thats actaully worth it and has good reviews around here lol

David123
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
hmm 12$ a set with shipping.. so 10 sets is miniumum order for 120$. Thats 20 rackets strung with it lol.. hmm seems tempting but i guess if its bad then i wont get lol

marosmith
03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
hmm 12$ a set with shipping.. so 10 sets is miniumum order for 120$. Thats 20 rackets strung with it lol.. hmm seems tempting but i guess if its bad then i wont get lol

Get the "volley" gut (it is gobal gut with a lower tension rating) on the bay about $8 and you only need to buy 5 sets. Their are bad batches out there- but I have had terrific luck over a year and a half with over 20 rackets. Those that have consistent problems with string breakage are either unlucky with a bad batch or stringing it wrong. If you get a bad batch, they usually will send you a replacement.

David123
03-30-2010, 07:34 AM
hmm seems interesting, does it actually play better than good synthetic guts such as x-one biphase?

stanfordtennis alum
03-30-2010, 08:24 AM
try e bay....

David123
03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
found it lol.