PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Head FXP or Prince Synthetic Gut DF as crosses for ALU Power

bababoo
03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi, everyone.

I am planning to string my Wilson BLX Tour 90 with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L as mains and have either of the following two strings as crosses:

Head FXP 17
Prince Synthetic Gut with DuraFlex 17.

I want the hybrid that offers more feel and comfort, while its durability isn't too bad.

If you know about both strings, please help me make the decision.

Thank you

mrmo1115
03-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Def try the PSGD 17.. FXP is a bad string overall.

kashgotmoney
03-29-2010, 11:43 PM
In my experience, the alu saws through the psgd more than the fxp. i think fxp is better over playability wise as well

Ljubicic for number1
03-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Def try the PSGD 17.. FXP is a bad string overall.

Actually FXP is a great string and suits the original posters needs better than duraflex

HitItHarder
03-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi, everyone.

I am planning to string my Wilson BLX Tour 90 with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L as mains and have either of the following two strings as crosses:

Head FXP 17
Prince Synthetic Gut with DuraFlex 17.

I want the hybrid that offers more feel and comfort, while its durability isn't too bad.

If you know about both strings, please help me make the decision.

Thank you

My personal experiences with FXP is actually pretty good. I found the string offers good playability and hold tension pretty well for a multi. The only place that PSGD edges it out is on the durability side.

So it depends on what you are looking for in your hybrid. If durability is the major concern - use PSGD. If you want something a little more comfortable and with a little better playability - I would suggest the FXP.

bababoo
04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Thank you, guys.

Bashi
04-01-2010, 09:19 AM
although it looks like youve already made up your mind, i just want to confirm how good fxp feels in the crosses with poly in the mains.

coyfish
04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I don't like fxp so I would prefer psgd. But you should try gosen ogm if you haven't. Its like cheap gamma live wire which is very soft / "feely."