PDA

View Full Version : Please help...set up for Cyber Flash Blue

Connors
03-30-2010, 05:49 AM
I have two sets of this string and I hear it's excellent. A friend of mine just gave me them for free. He said it's a great string but that he's sticking with Babolat Gut from here on out.

Question is: Does this string play best as a full set-up? If so, does it play okay at lesser tension? I have a Youtek Prestige MP and I'm currently using Bi-phase 17. Could I hybrid Cyber Blue with the Bi-phase? If so, should the CB go in mains and bi-phase in crosses?

Any feedback would be appreciated. I want to at least try these strings ( I always enjoy anything "free" :) )

***I meant simply Cyber Blue, not Cyber Flash Blue. What is the difference between the two?

MuscleWeave
03-30-2010, 06:39 AM
I have Cyber Blue 1.25 / Multifeel 16 in my AG200 at 55/58. Multifeel is a less expensive PU multi in the TF family. The hybrid is very powerful and comfortable, but I don't think I will try crossing a soft poly with an even softer string again. It is very lacking in spin and depth control, especially on serves and high volleys. But according to customer feedback in the TW ad, the Cyber Blue does very well for spin and control as a full bed.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had success crossing a soft multi with a relatively soft poly in the mains. I like the Pro Red Code (stiffer) / Multifeel combo.