PDA

View Full Version : Rebel 95 users- what is your fav string set up?

davetennis
03-30-2010, 05:21 AM
I know there are a lot of Rebel 95 users here. What string set ups do you like best in this stick? Please describe what you like about each set up that you post about so we can understand why you like the set up.

Thanks.

Teyko
03-30-2010, 06:32 AM
I only play with tecnifibre strings...I recently switched to X-One Biphase on my racquets after playing with NRG. I get more pop and more margin with X-One.

Preston
03-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Gut, hands down. I can't afford this setup on a regular basis though, so I don't use it often. If i was rich, i wouldn't use anything else.

I went though a lot of poly setups on the Rebel, and a lot felt good. Recently though, I've gone back to syn guts since I'm stringing my own rackets. I string a little more often with the syn guts, but they are cheap cheap cheap. The syn gut feels better than the poly. It's softer, easier on the arm, and the Rebel has lots of control, so I've been able to hit all my shots that I hit with polys with the syn guts.

Syn gut of choice currently, Pro Supex Syn Gut w/Spiralflex. Extremely easy to string. My reel has absolutely no coil memory, NONE. The string feels like geliton(sp?) when you handle it. It's a very control oriented syn gut.

dyson
03-31-2010, 06:48 PM
I tried VS 17 @ 55 lbs, and I'm liking it so far.

I've also tried Blackcode 18/NRG2 17 @ 50/52 and that was a pretty nice setup too.

Full multi bed of X-1 biphase 18 @ 55 - nice, but when it starts to fray it's really awful.

Of all those, I do like the nat gut the most, but the strings are starting to move too much for my tastes. The BC was nice, but I also don't know how a dead poly feels like. The BC setup does provide the most spin, but overall comfort, control, spin, and power... VS all the way.