PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for Pro Tournaments in the U.S. - How?

GugaGuga
05-07-2005, 04:17 AM
Can someone explain to me (not by just posting a link to the USTA website - because I've been there, and it isn't very informative) what the first step is to playing big-time tennis in the U.S.? I know there is college tennis, but I am out of college. I have made major improvements in my game recently, and I don't think I am too old to be competitive in a futures tournament or something like that (but I am not entirely sure how to get into those either).

In short, I still have some competitive tennis in me, and I am willing to travel throughout the U.S. to make a go at some tournaments. I just need to know how to enter them (or if I need some sort of ranking--if so, where do I get a ranking etc.)

It would be a dream come true for me to qualify into a pro tournament, even if I lose in the first round. For some reason, I just want to be able to say that I played my absolute, personal-best tennis in my lifetime. Maybe my best won't be good enough, but I want to play my best, and I need the kind of competition that will bring out my best.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Grinder
05-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Look for a future's event near you or go to a future's website. You should be able to find a link to a lot of them on www.************.com . Then look for the tournament directors number and ask if there is any way to get into a qualifying draw or what the criteria they use to accept entries are. The qualifying draw for a futures event is tough however, you have to win four matches in some cases in a 128 player field. Try to get into some satellite events as well.