PDA

View Full Version : What is the best hybrid string combination?

tennis4life6965
03-30-2010, 11:38 AM
I have been playing around with different hybrid combos and I just can't seem to find the right one. In your opinion what is the best combination?

ClubHoUno
03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Highly subjective but here goes......

My overall favorite hybrid is:

Mains: Babolat VS Team 17
Crosses: Luxilon Alu Power

Second best is:

Mains: Babolat VS Team 17
Crosses: WeissCannon Silverstring 1.20

Third best for better durability:

Mains: Babolat VS Touch 16

My favorite wet weather hybrid is:

Mains: Tecnifibre X-One 18

People who play from the baseline and only comes to the net on smashes and when they shake hands after the match often prefer poly mains and a softer cross string.

Players who serves and volley and could be described as all court players often prefer a softer main string (multi, nat gut or synth gut) and a stiffer poly string in the crosses.

What you prefer - find out by test, test and testing it :lol:

You will get as many answers as there are members in here :p

tennis4life6965
03-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the help.. One last question.. Whats the difference between ss Touch and vs Team?

ClubHoUno
03-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the help.. One last question.. Whats the difference between ss Touch and vs Team?

Babolat VS Team - only comes in 17/1.25 gauge

Babolat VS Touch - comes in 2 gauges - 15L/1.35 and 16/1.30

Basically the VS TEAM & VS TOUCH is the same string, same high quality and same coating. The VS TEAM is just called that because It's Babolat's thinnest and finest natural gut string.

All the VS strings cost the same.
If you want a slightly cheaper gut, try Pacific gut strings, also very high quality gut.

If you want cheaper gut than that, then get Babolat Tonic+ strings.

Cheaper than that, try Global or Gaucho natural gut, but the quality of that is low grade compared to Babolat VS, but price is also 1/3.

Babolat VS natural gut can actually be used in wet weather because of the coating and quality, but It's not recommended to use it in wet weather, but I've played with it several times in the rain and it didn't break - but avoid using natural gut in damp or rainy conditions.

Lambsscroll
03-31-2010, 06:46 AM
I prefer kevlar for the mains and natural gut for the cross. I also like a good poly for the mains with a good synthetic for the cross. I haven't tried poly with natural gut yet but I bet that plays out of this world. The kevlar natural gut combo lasts me 32 hours or more and has great playability throughout.

duusoo
03-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Practically anything with natural gut. The gut doesn't even really matter. I like PolyStar Energy on the mains, and VS on the cross. Pacific prime gut is a close 2nd, but it's 2nd. I go 56 on the M, and 59 on the X.