PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a hybrid.

Baselineg
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, im looking for suggestions for a realitively cheap hybrid (so dont suggest VS and luxilon) heres a little bit about my game.

I use a head speed pro, flat forehands and flat 2hbh, mostly play from the baseline but i do come to the net when i push my opposition back with a good forehand or backhand or get a short ball around the service line to slice and approach the net.

im looking for a softer poly for the crosses and a good multi or syn for the mains that ill be stringing at 60p and the poly at about 57p.

Thanks.

ClubHoUno
03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Try:

Mains: Tecnifibre X-One 17
Crosses: WeissCannon Silverstring 1.20

Very good hybrid!

Or try:

Mains: Babolat Xcel Power 17

If you don't break string often (you get 15+ hours out of your strings) try a thin soft multi hybrid:

Mains: Tecnifibre X-One 18
Crosses: Signum Pro Hyperion 18

This plays very soft and with good power. But It's not durable, but an excellent hybrid.

Baselineg
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Try:

Mains: Tecnifibre X-One 17

Very good hybrid!

Or try:

Mains: Babolat Xcel Power 17

If you don't break string often (you get 15+ hours out of your strings) try a thin soft multi hybrid:

Mains: Tecnifibre X-One 18
Crosses: Signum Pro Hyperion 18

This plays very soft and with good power. But It's not durable, but an excellent hybrid.

Thanks club ill be sure to give these hybrids a try!.

mambochino
03-30-2010, 04:20 PM
try gosen polylon sp 17 on the main and prince/gamma synthetic guy on the cross. cheap but good.

flashfire276
03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey guys, im looking for suggestions for a realitively cheap hybrid (so dont suggest VS and luxilon) heres a little bit about my game.

I use a head speed pro, flat forehands and flat 2hbh, mostly play from the baseline but i do come to the net when i push my opposition back with a good forehand or backhand or get a short ball around the service line to slice and approach the net.

im looking for a softer poly for the crosses and a good multi or syn for the mains that ill be stringing at 60p and the poly at about 57p.

Thanks.

Have you tried Babolat Pro Hurricane/N.VY hybrid?

That stuff is pretty awesome for the price. For $10 (they sell it with a half set of each string), it really does a great job. Check it out!

Baselineg
03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Have you tried Babolat Pro Hurricane/N.VY hybrid?

That stuff is pretty awesome for the price. For $10 (they sell it with a half set of each string), it really does a great job. Check it out!

no i havent had much experience with babolat strings, so im looking to experiment with different combos before i go buying reels, and $10 for a set sounds like its worth a try thanks.

BTW: has anyone here tried isospeed baseline control? $35 for a reel sounds too good to be true.

kiteboard
03-30-2010, 05:54 PM
msv hex/xi biphase.