PDA

View Full Version : Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex

TommieF
03-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Is this still a popular string. I have recently started playing again and this was very popular 15 or so years ago. I see all this new string out there.....but is PSGD still a quality string?

Preston
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
For what it is, it is still a quality string. It's a good syn gut, that plays well. I use it for crosses when I play with poly.

In a full bed, I don't Quite find the control to swing away, and since I hit a decent amount of spin, it doesn't last that well.

Price to performance though, I think it does well.

TommieF
03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
For what it is, it is still a quality string. It's a good syn gut, that plays well. I use it for crosses when I play with poly.

In a full bed, I don't Quite find the control to swing away, and since I hit a decent amount of spin, it doesn't last that well.

Price to performance though, I think it does well.

I have nothing to compare it to since it is all I have ever used. I am the type who doesn't want to change because I think it may mess up something.

Larrysümmers
03-30-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm thinking about string that up tonight and playing tomorrow with it.

Rusty10201
03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Definitely, its a popular string. These string is what I prefer the most, and it comes in so many colors too! I prefer synthetic over most strings, and out of all the synthetic strings I've used, I like this one the best. You might want to consider the multifiliament version of this string. I'm thinking about using that one next.

PimpMyGame
03-31-2010, 02:07 AM
There are many people who absolutely hate this string, but I bought a reel of it last year and don't have anything bad to say about it. If you can get it cheap then it's perfect for holding as a stock syn gut.