PDA

View Full Version : Best Multi for use as a cross

Jack2010
03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
I am currently using Topspin Cyber Flash 17 on my mains and Topspin Cyber Blue 17 on my crosses. The combination is wonderful; however, I break strings every 4-6 sets of doubles. I hit with heavy topspin.

I have tried using regular synthetic gut on my crosses for more durability, but I lose a lot of pop. Any recommendations on a multifilament string to use as the crosses to have more pop/power? I ordered some Tecnifibre NRG2 17 to try but they have not arrived yet.

Any other suggestions? I would like to stay with the Topspin CF 17 for my mains.

Thanks.

Casco
03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Gamma Professional

Jonny S&V
03-30-2010, 09:04 PM
I am currently using Topspin Cyber Flash 17 on my mains and Topspin Cyber Blue 17 on my crosses. The combination is wonderful; however, I break strings every 4-6 sets of doubles. I hit with heavy topspin.

I have tried using regular synthetic gut on my crosses for more durability, but I lose a lot of pop. Any recommendations on a multifilament string to use as the crosses to have more pop/power? I ordered some Tecnifibre NRG2 17 to try but they have not arrived yet.

Any other suggestions? I would like to stay with the Topspin CF 17 for my mains.

Thanks.

It seems like a bit of a contradiction that you don't get as much power with synthetic gut as with Cyberblue...

As far as multifilaments go, however, I've never had a problem with Wilson Sensation or Prince Multifilament.

DownTheLine
03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Gamma Professional
It's $20. WAY to much for a Multi no matter how good. I would go with Babolat Addiction.

If you are looking to spend that much money I would go for
technifibre X-1. Has great reviews from everyone on the boards.

DownTheLine
03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
It seems like a bit of a contradiction that you don't get as much power with synthetic gut as with Cyberblue...

As far as multifilaments go, however, I've never had a problem with Wilson Sensation or Prince Multifilament.

I also agree with the Wilson Sensation.

Jack2010
04-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I tried NRG17. It was very comfortable on the arm, but it was hard to get used to compared to my previous string....so I'm just going back to Topspin Cyber Blue...I will just have to string my racket a lot :)

armsty
04-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I use a poly main and multi cross. Always changing.

For durability MSV Multi Q10
for feel Tecnfiber Multifeel
For power Babolat XCel Power
For comfort Pro Supex Maxim Touch.

If I had to buy a reel of these at the same price I'd just pick the one with the best packaging. A multi in a cross isn't much more than comfort and a bit of added power.

ClubHoUno
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Try a thick 16 gauge multi as cross string.

Xcel Power 16 and X-One 16 come to my mind as two of the best.

jjgoff
04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
You might want to try Tecnifibre X-one Biphase 16. I've hit with several and it's the most durable multi I've played with. Great power, feel, comfort and tension stability as well.

fgs
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
i played the wilson sensation for quite a long time and i was very happy with it. recently i have switched to isospeed professional but i have to admit that if i would have to pay the regular price i wouldn't have made the change. the nxt tour is also worth a consideration, but it's quite expensive too and you don't get it in reels.

retlod
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Babolat X-Cel and Tecnifibre NRG or X-One are some of the best out there.

David123
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Babolat X-Cel and Tecnifibre NRG or X-One are some of the best out there.

By NRG you mean NRG2?