PDA

View Full Version : Question about poly...

SuperFly
03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
My uncle gave me a set of some discontinued Luxilon polyester string (not Big Banger or M2) 2 days ago, and today it just so happens I snap a string. :) Problem is, I've never hit with a poly string. I also can't get my racket restrung all the time. So here's my question: can I use poly after it becomes "dead" or loses some tightness? I'm sorta on a budget and I'm worried that it might cause injury.

tsongaali
03-30-2010, 06:17 PM
My uncle gave me a set of some discontinued Luxilon polyester string (not Big Banger or M2) 2 days ago, and today it just so happens I snap a string. :) Problem is, I've never hit with a poly string. I also can't get my racket restrung all the time. So here's my question: can I use poly after it becomes "dead" or loses some tightness? I'm sorta on a budget and I'm worried that it might cause injury.

You can, but the risk of injury is high. I used some dead pro hurricane for a week, and now my shoulder has been really ****ed up. Don't risk it.

SuperFly
03-30-2010, 06:33 PM
You can, but the risk of injury is high. I used some dead pro hurricane for a week, and now my shoulder has been really ****ed up. Don't risk it.

Alright, I 'll stick with the synthetic gut. :)

tsongaali
03-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Alright, I 'll stick with the synthetic gut. :)

Smart decision:)