PDA

View Full Version : Which tension for a recreative player?

acintya
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Hello,

I play tennis 3 days in a week and I use Babolat Aero Pro Drive Cortex. I use the hurricane pro string. Im a rightie but I started to play a leftie.

Now my racket is @ about 55 lbs (25kg) and I think this is just to much for me. I have a strong arm but im playing with the left arm and it starting to feel really stiff when i am playing for about an hour and I start to lose control!

What do you think is the perfect tension for an verry serious recreative player?
Sometimes I used 23 kg and it was really good but now I play a leftie and I will continue to do it so I am asking you what would be a friendly tension for learning strokes with my left hand forehand??

I have another one racquet - The Head radical microgel OS @ 60 lobs(27kg) and with this racquet at this tension it is even harder to hit the leftie forehand because of the weight of the racquet!

I dont even know which racquet would be more suitable for learning the forehand in a right way.. babolat is great for spin and I really like it but I need tips... now im worried about the tension, I think I should go under 22kg or? I liek to control t he game and hit from the baseline..hope someone will help me

i like to practice two handed forehand too...

the thing is that every recreational player here on the place we play has the stringing of a pro.. I dont think we cannot be compared to pros, cause we dont have so much power, we dont train so much, condition is not so good... so we just should lower or tension or?

:confused:

ilikephobo
03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
shoot for the lowest tension that you can still control the ball with

tennis005
03-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd go to 50lbs and decide if i'd want to go higher or lower from there.

acintya
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
tnx, so i will do, i think 50lbs is enough :) for the babolat and maybe 55-60 for the head radical os