PDA

View Full Version : Possible Hamburg Upsets!!!!!

Misiti99
05-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Predictions for Upsets in Hamburg

Gonzalez over Moya
Martin over Safin
Massu over Roddick (possibly)

Good Matches

Haas - Hrbaty
Costa-Mirnyi (rematch from barcelona)
Horna- Ljuvicic
Chela- Johansson
Nadal-Andreev
J Johansson- Grosjean

Rodzilla
05-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Predictions for Upsets in Hamburg

Llodra over Davydenko
Martin over Safin

Good Matches
Pavel- Kuerten
Martin- Safin
Haas - Hrbaty
Costa-Mirnyi (rematch from barcelona)
Horna- Ljubicic
Chela- Johansson
J Johansson- Grosjean

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 06:12 PM
COMEON GUGA!!!!!!!! lets see if the trichampion of RG can roll back the years. Kuerten stated in an interview that he is ready for the challenge ahead and is improving hes matchplay which is encouraging.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Gonzales will take out Moya, Massu will take out Roddick, if Federer's foot is bad which I dont think it is but VamosRafa seems to think it will be Verdasco might take him out.

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 06:24 PM
IS VAMOSRAFA Feds physio?? I dont think he would enter if not fully fit especially considering the FO is around the corner.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I dont think he would either, but sometimes players feel pressure to defend points at events. He did win the event last year, hence that theory could come into play.

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah good point. Do you think Guga will defeat Pavel????

federerhoogenbandfan
05-07-2005, 06:32 PM
With regards to Kuerten I dont know much about his health and form, he seems to take time of, then come back for a bit. So I dont know what to expect from him. I will go as far as to predict him to beat Pavel though.

Marius_Hancu
05-07-2005, 07:25 PM
IS VAMOSRAFA Feds physio?? I dont think he would enter if not fully fit especially considering the FO is around the corner.

Guys, I had 3 years ago plantar fasciitis, which supposedly is Fed's condition. In my case it was localized at the heel.

I will tell you this, this can't be cured in 2-3 weeks, this requires months, as it's a problem related to a very large tendon. In my case, it took me 1.5 years to discover the issue (the shoes) and to heal.

Thus if Fed's has it, he will have to play through it at FO and even Wimbledon. It can be done, but it's very painful after matches.

Changing his shoes (if not flexible enough), changing to using orthotics (if he wasn't before this bout), might help to a large extent, but not overnight like this.

If the shoes are the culprit, but they don't believe that, and don't change them, then can lose considerable time.

Icing after matches would of course help, but not cure it.

And the issue I hate to discuss but I must, might be that all this could be related to the beautiful way Federer moves, with many small steps, at double the frequency wrt to other players, mostly on his toes. This might be part of the problem, as planar fasciitis is also an RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) issue. It could be that his feet are simply too tired.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-07-2005, 07:31 PM
I dont even believe he has planar fasciitis. I dont think he wanted to play all three Masters Series events on clay, so he came up with something believable.

VamosRafa
05-07-2005, 08:41 PM
As I said before, Moya played and his loss to Starace was considered a big "upset." I watched the match, and Moya did well for someone who couldn't serve very well. He was undecided about whether to withdraw or not, but because of the points, he played. He was very up front about that.

In any event, the reason I'm posting is that the word on the street is that Rafa could pull out of Hamburg.

He was going to play doubles with F-Lo, but that plan was discarded. And now, he may pull out entirely. They will decide tomorrow.

Marius_Hancu
05-08-2005, 03:25 AM
In any event, the reason I'm posting is that the word on the street is that Rafa could pull out of Hamburg. .

Of course.

The cleverest thing he could do, would otherwise be too tired for FO, mentally and physically. They have enough points, now rest.

But that plate might be too tempting ....

Marius_Hancu
05-08-2005, 03:35 AM
I dont even believe he has planar fasciitis. I dont think he wanted to play all three Masters Series events on clay, so he came up with something believable.

I tend to believe players on matters of health in about 80% of the cases.

I think unfortunately he has it, or he's just discovered an ailment which he can invoke long-term for excusing himself from tournaments, because as I mentioned this is taking a long time to heal.

Things like that are however easy to verify (esp over longer periods) through the oncourt ATP trainers, based on the care he requires from time to time. OK, he can avoid to ask for help on this issue or totally hide it, but ...

federerhoogenbandfan
05-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Well if we dont see the trainers out much then it might justify my belief more then. :)