PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone that takes the ball on earlier than Davydenko?

rovex
03-31-2010, 07:52 AM
And makes as few unforced errors as him?

OKUSA
03-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Not that I've seen, that's why he's my favorite player to watch. And also that two handed backhand crosscourt slice volley

rovex
03-31-2010, 07:59 AM
I really enjoy watching him play too. He's one of my favorite players and he really doesn't have many weaknesses in his game.

Djokovicfan4life
03-31-2010, 08:05 AM
He has a very simple game, which is rarely appriciated in a teen forum. But you'd be crazy if you said it wasn't effective.

I find it funny that people say he has no personality when he says "it was **** (pronounced "sheet") in one of his press conferences.

OKUSA
03-31-2010, 08:07 AM
His weakness is his serve, and also he can get blown off the court and he has no other option but to hope they don't sustain the high level of play

DRII
03-31-2010, 08:10 AM
I find him humorous. I just don't know if he trying to be funny or not...

VamosRafa10
03-31-2010, 08:40 AM
I find him humorous. I just don't know if he trying to be funny or not...
Thats what makes it funny hes funny without tring to be

AndyArodRoddick
03-31-2010, 08:40 AM

Olivier Rochus.

djokovicgonzalez2010
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
^^ I think you mean Christophe.

Anaconda
03-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Guys like Murray and Roddick probably make fewer unforced errors than him but 'junkball'. Davydenko's ball is pacey but is very consistent. The only problem is that he is a mental midget and doesn't have the attacking capabilities to blow someone off the court neither defensive capabilities to keep tough shots into play.

rocket
03-31-2010, 09:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khbD62GehvM

rovex
03-31-2010, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khbD62GehvM

Almost forgot about him. Anyone playing NOW though.

World Beater
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
federer on the fh takes it earlier and hits with more spin and power than denko.

bandian can do the same as federer on the bh.

but denko is probably the most balanced early ball striker since agassi.

pjonesy
04-03-2010, 10:13 AM
federer on the fh takes it earlier and hits with more spin and power than denko.

bandian can do the same as federer on the bh.

but denko is probably the most balanced early ball striker since agassi.

Agassi and Rios probably took the ball earlier but Davydenko is faster than either of those guys. Davydenko's best attribute is his ability to take the ball extremely early while ON THE RUN! Not only does he run down everything and get the ball back, he hits the ball with pace so early that he rushes his opponents into errors. By taking the ball so early, he is also able to disguise his shots (especially his down the line backhand). Nalbandian is good at all of these things as well. Davydenko is faster than Nalbandian, but Nalbandian probably has more power. I also agree with you that Davydenko has great balance as a ball striker.

mtr1
04-03-2010, 10:18 AM
When Davydenko plays well, (Miami 08, Shanghai 09, WTF 09) his style of play is great to watch, he is almost unstoppable.

Shaolin
04-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Agassi and Rios probably took the ball earlier but Davydenko is faster than either of those guys. Davydenko's best attribute is his ability to take the ball extremely early while ON THE RUN! Not only does he run down everything and get the ball back, he hits the ball with pace so early that he rushes his opponents into errors. By taking the ball so early, he is also able to disguise his shots (especially his down the line backhand). Nalbandian is good at all of these things as well. Davydenko is faster than Nalbandian, but Nalbandian probably has more power. I also agree with you that Davydenko has great balance as a ball striker.

^^^^^^this