PDA

View Full Version : What string?

domosborn
03-31-2010, 08:07 AM
My coach has strung my racquet crosses a black "twisty string" and I'm curious what it is, I like the feel of it and I've got red poly's on the mains so the comestic with my frame (blx90) looks awsome.
Anyone help?

armsty
04-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Could be Hepta Twist in black.

OrangeOne
04-01-2010, 03:38 PM
a. why not ask him or her?

b. I'm gonna guess redcode & blackcode, which can look twisty depending on how it's installed

c. I'm not even one iota suprised that someone playing with a blx90 doesn't know what strings they're using.

domosborn
04-02-2010, 02:58 AM
a. why not ask him or her?

b. I'm gonna guess redcode & blackcode, which can look twisty depending on how it's installed

c. I'm not even one iota suprised that someone playing with a blx90 doesn't know what strings they're using.

Im more than capable of handling a 90, the reason i dont know what strings I was playin with were because I just asked for "something that will give spin" Im not playing with it because "its the federer racquet" or any of that, its because I needed something heavy, I've had serious issues with elbow injuries (previous stick was K6.2) and I wanted something that would, for want of a better word "force" me into playing cleaner groundstrokes, and I would not judge before you know the full story, and yes I did demo other racquets, and no none of them felt as nice as the 90. Its popular for a reason. I digress, the strings are "pro twister" with "pro rosso" on the mains. never heard of them? me neither.

Donny0627
04-06-2010, 06:25 AM

I Know thats exactly what I was thinking as I read the question... But whatever some people feel better because they are playing with "federer's racket". They think they'll play like him but there just kidding themselves lol.

domosborn
04-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I Know thats exactly what I was thinking as I read the question... But whatever some people feel better because they are playing with "federer's racket". They think they'll play like him but there just kidding themselves lol.

As I stated above, im not someone who is persuaded by brand, the things that drew me to the racket were the weight and the head size, and yes my game has improved significantly after using it, what racket would you have suggested? I HATED the Head and the only one would come close is the volkl PB 10, which I also loved but i prefered the 90 to the 93- hence the blx
It may also be a slightly mind thing, but isnt tennis a sport largely played in the head?

David123
04-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I ordered a set of black code and red code, and thats what i think it is, because the black code is shaped.

domosborn
04-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi, the string i had is signum pro twister, and pro rosso on the mains, black code is meant to be a good string. I would reccomend pro twister tho also, having it on my next restring on the mains, with synth gut on the crosses probably. Either that or pro twister all over

David123
04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
ohh alright thanks for the information