PDA

View Full Version : Please get me caught up!!!

eric draven
05-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Hello all, I've been off this board for over a year now and have completely lost touch with what's going on in the pro game. My new job has me away from home 12 hours a day and my weekends are spent with my family. I don't have the Tennis Channel in my area either. Please post the latest developments in the pro game for me along with your honest opinions. Is Federer still favored heavily in all the slams? Is Safin still on a roller coaster of a career? Who are the new young guns? I've heard a lot of great things about Nadal but what about Monfils, Gasquet and any others? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Rodzilla
05-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Federer is still at the top of the game. Safin started the year by winning the Australian Open but since then it has been a rollercoaster. Nadal is playing very well right now and Monfils and Gasquet haven't really broken through.

VamosRafa
05-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Federer is still at the top of the game. Safin started the year by winning the Australian Open but since then it has been a rollercoaster. Nadal is playing very well right now and Monfils and Gasquet haven't really broken through.

That about sums it up. Probably should just add: "And Donald Young is getting more wildcards than he deserves."

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 03:48 PM
In addition Hewitt still cant make in-roads into Feds game despite hes attempt to bulk up and play with more power.

VamosRafa
05-07-2005, 03:50 PM
In addition Hewitt still cant make in-roads into Feds game despite hes attempt to bulk up and play with more power.

I think that falls within the category of Fed is still at the top of the game. But good point.

Fee
05-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Most importantly, Andy Roddick's Reebok contract expired and he now wears LaCoste clothes (but still Reebok shoes).

(This must be important, judging by the number of threads it inspired here at TW).

is it possible for a post on a messageboard to actually drip with sarcasm?

Haka Boy
05-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Lets see, yes Federer is still at the top despite all theories put forth but apparently Nadal is about to overtake him despite him wearing strange pants and his fetish for readjusting atomic wedgies during points.

Roddick has been busy deciding which clothing brand to use; his hand movements have been a source of conjecture though. Hewitt has been busy bringing knew meaning of his words “come’on” since his fiancée Bec is now 3 months pregnant. Safin still continues to have “hissy fits” on court, Henman still amazes all why he is still in the top 10. Agassi despite turning 35 has still managed to produce the goods. The Scud is still a “Dud”, Mardy Fish still chokes, Blake is on the improve despite numerous setbacks, Hybaty’s shirt manufactures had obviously ran out of fabric whilst making his latest on court attire, Becker has perfected cloning and the world still has “crazy tennis parents”

Sharapova is still hot, Clijsters performed the split leg motion once too often and has now paid the price and least of all Serena still in her mind is “a global icon to all” despite branching into fashion and acting.

Chloe
05-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Most importantly, Andy Roddick's Reebok contract expired and he now wears LaCoste clothes (but still Reebok shoes).

(This must be important, judging by the number of threads it inspired here at TW).

is it possible for a post on a messageboard to actually drip with sarcasm?
Yes. I like to think that mine often do.

Exile
05-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Lets see, nadal is the talk of everyone here.
Every other post has nadal's name in it.
Somehow I was able to crank out 40+ posts with some sort of help or relativity in one day.
I wrote a soap opera for the big Roddick/Lacoste/RBK drama.
Harassed safin for not focusing.
Harassed a bunch of n00bs for asking to help them get an ipod.(pwned them good)
There was a long fight over volley technique.
Some guy cracked 7 ncode tour 90's
Someone's rackets were pawned for drug money.
Someone's car got totaled with all their gear in it.
Everyone is mad at some company for sending an "updated" stringing machine.
Some guy with heavy shots popped his friends string, friend got mad and wants him to pay for new string.
Gf broke up with me.
I treat TW TT like my new gf.
and now I'm posting the drama of the past year.

I need a life, or a gf.
I hate being single, but my ex was a bit... mean lady.....