PDA

View Full Version : The Nadal Boom

Rafa Nadal
05-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Hello Guys,
I am a big fan from Rafa about 2 years.
Since this year, when Rafa has won some tournaments, every one buys the Aeropro, the shirts which Rafa wears, and in every post in the discussions here the name Nadal is there.
For me its enough, what do you think?
Barely he has success, every is a "fan".

Superior_Forehand
05-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I feel the same way. I will root for most anyone against him.

DashaandSafin
05-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Lol pretty ironic...your name is Rafa Nadal and your rooting against him? lol

VamosRafa
05-07-2005, 12:33 PM
What should we discuss, pray tell?

If Federer were in his third Masters Series final of the year, folks would be all over it like a cheap suit. Instead, we have to make do with the guy who is.

Regardless of whether you like him or not, what he's accomplished as an 18-year-old, is remarkable in today's tennis world. The negativity is based on the fact that he doesn't play the style of tennis that is more popular round here. The Richard Gasquet fan club is pretty hefty considering he's basically won one big match.

Also, not many folks here have The Tennis Channel. Rafa is making many fans because he is, dare I say it, a shotmaker. He runs down every ball he can, and somehow manages, in many instances, to turn a seemingly unmakeable shot into a winner. It's fun to watch. And he's showing he can win when he's dominating, and even when he isn't, he can scrap out wins. This year is in, many ways, a learning curve for Rafa. He's making the finals of events he has never played before. You may not be impressed, but there's plenty to be impressed about if you are so inclined, including, but not limited to, 40-6 on the year, 30-2 on clay, 4 titles, 6 finals, and a doubles title for good measure.

Jack the Hack
05-07-2005, 01:25 PM
What's wrong with becoming a Nadal "fan"?

If you have seen some of my other posts, I'm not going crazy and saying he is the best player in the world. In fact, I think he is about 2-3 years away from reaching tennis maturity and realizing his full potential. However, he is an exciting shot maker and plays with a lot of enthusiasm. What's not to like about that?

(Or is it that Nadal's clam digger pants, bright colored sleeveless shirts, and bandanna are p!ssing off your country club sentimentality? :p )

Rafa Nadal
05-07-2005, 01:33 PM
@DashaandSafin thats right, im a huuuge Nadal fan, but it sucks that "everyone" is a Nadal fan since he won some tournaments.

pianeon
05-07-2005, 01:59 PM
(Or is it that Nadal's clam digger pants, bright colored sleeveless shirts, and bandanna are p!ssing off your country club sentimentality? :p )

I'm not a big Nadal fan, but I must be the only one that digs the clam diggers! The orange shirts too! :D

antontd
05-07-2005, 02:03 PM
@DashaandSafin thats right, im a huuuge Nadal fan, but it sucks that "everyone" is a Nadal fan since he won some tournaments.

I am not. And you donít need to start another Nadal Thread to say that there are too many.
Go Coria. Stop this insanity!

jrtennisjunkiejr
05-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Ive beeen following Nadal since he was 16 and I honestly think he is the Next Big Thing on Clay he is going to be better than Guga was.

GOOOO RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!

VamosRafa
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM

Okay, I see what you are saying now. But that's the way it works. I started the VamosRafael site when he was 16, and got a jump on things. Now they are popping up like crazy. But that goes with the territory. He can't fulfill the "hype" without becoming popular, if you get what I mean. And that's good for the sport, IMO.

He's on the cover of US Tennis mag this month (June, actually). The Rafa-lution has hit the US. *lol*

But for those of you who don't like the Rafa-lution, who would you like to see doing very well right now, except for Federer, of course. That's a given. Perhaps we can turn this thread into another direction, and talk about other players you would like to see doing what Nadal has done lately.

Misiti99
05-07-2005, 04:05 PM
I age with the last post. I have been following him for at least a year and ahalf now...I love his game. He's how I would like to play....I like how hes flashy..and I think he's a great talent. Now..I also heard from many pro's who know their stuff..the same pro's that said he would reach Number 1 in the world...said that Rafa might lose steam, and fall off...when people figure him out. When people figure out how to handle his Lefty heavy spins.... and they learn how to serve and volley to him. What about a J. Johansson, or Roddick serve? how will he be able to serve witht he best...now he is clearly the best clay courter in the game..and he can play on hard...but let's see how long he can keep it up before we label him the next Borg....and this is coming from someone who has loved him for 2 years almost

DashaandSafin
05-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Ah you see i actually rooted for Nadal extremly hard vs Fed in the Miamai final...i was practially goin crazy (see older RoddickSafin threads). Well after that the Nadal Boom started and i hate well..i dunno what you call it fads? Bleh

Chloe
05-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Now..I also heard from many pro's who know their stuff..the same pro's that said he would reach Number 1 in the world...said that Rafa might lose steam, and fall off...when people figure him out. When people figure out how to handle his Lefty heavy spins.... and they learn how to serve and volley to him.

Yes, all those serve and volleyers on the verge of taking over the top ten. Be wary Rafa, be very wary!

Seriously, snark aside... which pros? Like, people at your club sort of thing, or quotes in the media? (not to suggest there is anything wrong with the former. I ask merely because if it's the latter I have seen only the opposite and would be interested to read something different)

Rafa Nadal
05-08-2005, 01:21 AM
@ VamosRafa the vamosrafael site is from you? Its the greatest site, seriously!!!
I cant find a autograph adress, can you help me?
And can you maybe upload newer videos?
That would be great

obackvalobasha
05-08-2005, 05:21 AM
O no not another theard. rafa trying to use that reverse psychology old school trick. he knows there are some nadal's fans on the site. yet he comes up with a thread like this. Well its obvious nadal is doing good. OK we gOT it he is a talented clay courter. We got it man. now take a relax pill. godD damn

VamosRafa
05-08-2005, 11:20 AM
@ VamosRafa the vamosrafael site is from you? Its the greatest site, seriously!!!
I cant find a autograph adress, can you help me?
And can you maybe upload newer videos?
That would be great

If you go to the homepage, and click on fan mail, that's the address you write to. It's at the top of the site.

And yes, we need to get up more video links. We have a bunch of them -- we've been struggling with getting the photos, articles and interviews up. Videos are next. Maybe if Rafa pulls out of Hamburg, we can get to those. Thanks for the compliment.