PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Line 2...how's it play?

aangstman01
03-31-2010, 02:51 PM
planning on hybriding with syn gut, how does the string play? Soft, crisp, durable, powerful, etc?

man-walking
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Crisp, elastic, not great at tension retention...
Main points are good power (mid/high) and average (to high) control.
It seems a new version of the known Poly Polar, in fact it remembers me a 1st gen poly.

There are better co-polys.

Racer41c
03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
There are a million Proline 2 threads. Hit the Search link and type in Proline and you'll get all the info you want.

DownTheLine
03-31-2010, 04:04 PM
I didn't really like it. But I was also comparing it to some freshly strung Lux. ALU Power..

dirtballer
04-01-2010, 05:25 AM
planning on hybriding with syn gut, how does the string play? Soft, crisp, durable, powerful, etc?

I don't think you really need to hybrid PLII. Try it in a full string bed.

dadozen
04-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Played with PLII 1.15 for almost a year. Really liked it, nice blend of power and control, not very durable( but durable enough for me, since I play only at the weekends ), and very comfortable for a poly.

But just changed to WeissCannon Scorpion, that is as good as PLII and holds tension better.

jrod
04-01-2010, 05:50 AM

Not my cup of tea but it played quite soft for a poly...decent feel, but I thought it lacked in terms of depth (i.e. response to big cuts wasn't quite up to par with Lux or WCSS). I had tried it as a cross string in a gut hybrid.