PDA

View Full Version : What would you compare Maxim Touch to?

Ookie Cookie
03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
what would you compare maxim touch to?

gh65721
03-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Very soft multi, somewhat like NXT or Excel. Great string if you have arm trouble but not very durable.

pvaudio
03-31-2010, 08:42 PM
IMO, it doesn't really compare to anything. It's an outstanding value, but it doesn't really feel like anything else. Untensioned, it's the only multi I've used that actually feels gummy to the touch.

gh65721
04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
pv audio is right, it is hard to compare it to anything else. the 17 g has a stiffness rating of 153 which is amazingly soft and close to some nat guts. problem is it will last less than half the time of gut.

JT_2eighty
04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Anyone compare it to RIP Feel or Isospeed Professional Classic? Both are similar in stiffness (lower than Maxim), and also multi's. I've only used RIP Feel (i.e. Head intellitour cross) out of the three and it feels softer than gut (one stick I had VS, the other RIP Feel, same tension). I have some Maxim 17g to compare to these two next. May string it up tonight! It gets so many rave reviews.

dadozen
04-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Never tried PSMT in a full bed, but it was great as a cross for Big Ace. Really made the stringjob much softer, but I preferred using dull poly stringjobs.

Very soft, I also don't know which string it compares to, in terms of feeling.

pvaudio
04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Anyone compare it to RIP Feel or Isospeed Professional Classic? Both are similar in stiffness (lower than Maxim), and also multi's. I've only used RIP Feel (i.e. Head intellitour cross) out of the three and it feels softer than gut (one stick I had VS, the other RIP Feel, same tension). I have some Maxim 17g to compare to these two next. May string it up tonight! It gets so many rave reviews.It feels nothing like pro classic. The Isospeed is very crispy, while MT is incredibly soft.

rasajadad
04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I think it's a lot like NRG2 in terms of power and feel.

pvaudio
04-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I think it's a lot like NRG2 in terms of power and feel.
I couldn't agree less. NRG2 is my favorite multifilament for the money (Laserfibre Pro Stock is a bit steep for it's horrendous durability) and it's what I used for years, all throughout high school and was what I was using before I switched to full poly. I bought some maxim touch (a reel in fact), strung it, and instantly fell in love with something else because MT doesn't come close to the feel, crispness and control that NRG2 gives.

pvaudio
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
As said, MT is a unique multifilament. It doesn't play like anything else in my opinion. However, that said, for the money, it's the only thing I recommend to most people because it's an average+ multi that doesn't cost much.

armsty
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I use a multi cross with a poly main, so I don't get much more than comfort and feel out of a multi, but I felt it was closer to Multifeel and Q10 (MSV) than say XCel or X1

Steve Huff
04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Similar to Sensation with more oil on it. Really, it feels like one of the Dunlop multi's (I can't remember which one it was though). Probably MFils Tour.

Keifers
04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
For non-string breakers, I would actually compare MT with nat gut. It's definitely lower-powered than gut and won't keep its playability for as long (very few strings do), but it's quite gut-like in its pocketing, comfortable feel and nicely crisp response. Ball feel is very good as a result. I think of it as gut-like, just with a smaller dynamic range. Very reasonably priced considering the way it performs.