PDA

View Full Version : full western grip players... what string you use?

monkeyisland90
04-01-2010, 03:25 PM
What strings do you guys use (only full western grip players).. we get lot of spin already.. currently im using gamma live wire and it feels it's not picking the ball up and feels bit dead.... while using cheap synthetic gut was having much more bite to it.. but would be dead after hr or so (which is why its cheap)..
I'm wondering if it's high tension also but anyways what strings are you using?

nvottennis
04-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I used to use live wire too thinking it was one of the best "spin" strings that I have used. Although I'm not a full western player, I do use a semi but either way, my experience should help a bit. Since then, I've switched to a number of syn guts, multis and polys. I havent exactly found the perfect string that bites the ball as I wished it would, but the set that matched the best was the vs/pht hybrid. The only part I hated was that it literally went dead at 11-14 hours after use. I couldn't bare with it, so I cut it out. ITs a very expensive choice, but might be worth it. Now, I'm trying a alu rough/ gosen sheep syn gut and soon m2 pro/ gosen sheep syn hybrids. I'll tell how it goes once I'm done.

ReopeningWed
04-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I find that every new string I try is always better than the last one I was using.

PED
04-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm full western and use thicker polys: BBO, 16 Genesis SpinX, 16g Lux Adrenaline and 17 or 16g Kirschbaum pl2.

Kick Serve 14
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
The people I know who have full western grips use 16 gauge or 15L gauge poly strings...

no1
04-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Full western, using 18 gauge Gosen OG SHeep....

Meaghan
04-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Full western = ful poly...

I use Alu it has the best grip than anytthing else ive tried. Others I like are polystar energy and Mantis poly power, both really cheap and excellent.

Due to another thread in this section Ive just strung my racket up at 32lbs and its amazing. More control, more spin, more power. Volleys are more difficult tho but touch is lovely. Its worth a go.....you get the benefit of a poly with spin and control but the softness of a multi, easy on the arm.