PDA

View Full Version : String Testing

David123
04-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey guys I am on a search for the strings that will best fit my game. I went around the forums and took a look at some of the strings that were pretty popular among some people. I am planning on purchasing some but i need your guys' help to determine which string is really worth testing. I already purchased the following strings that i will test in the near future:

All in 17g

Pro redcode
Pro black code
Hyperion
Tornado
Proline II
Cyberflash
NRG2
X-1 biphase

After reviewing and testing all those strings ill see which one i like the best. So far i have tried Gosen/cyberflash hybrid and i am somewhat liking the cyberflash in the mains and gosen in crosses but am looking for a better string to meet my game style.

Here are the further string i plan on purchasing with your guys opinions:
All in 17g

Weisscannon Silver strings
Pro hurricane tour
Big banger Ace
Maxim touch
Big ace micro
Forten sweet
Genesis black magic
Genesis Spin x
Kirschbaum Helix
Polystar energy
Blue Gear
Unique tourna poly big hitter
The new cyberflash strings (anyone tired any of the 4 yet)

Any opinions on any of the strings posted will be highly appreciated. I hope to buy around 50% (which is around 6) or less of the strings posted that i don't have yet. So i need your guys opinions :P

armsty
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
From your lists I've tried

Red Code - not for me, don't know if it's the lack of power or the over controlling feel, not my string.
Black Code - My favorite string so far, immense spin and control with a soft poly feel.
Cyberflash - some say it's a poor man's ALU, I haven't tried ALU but it's a great string. I remember it by a tournament I played with it, fresh job for the first round and I won all but one pool match then lost the final 6-0 7-5. Was so close in the 2nd and this string was amazing all tournament. Best weekend of tennis.
X1 BiPhase - For me, I usually use my multis in the cross so for a full job, this was an odd string. Helped my hard when I had some fierce TE but was too powerful and wasn't easy to transfer to after full poly.
Pro Hurricane Tour - For the price it isn't worth it. Got nothing behind the ball and the spin wasn't exceptional like people say. Don't know about durablilty because I cut it out, was dissapointed. Stiff.
Big Ace - not micro but the 1.22 gauge. Like it, got good depth and control, not a lot of feel and touch at the net though and as I try get to the net as much as possible and play a fair bit of doubles, wasn't the string for me.
Black Magic - Was great for the first hit, but the tension seemed to just drop and it turned to a trampoline. This is a string I really wanted to work because I loved that first hit and for the price was excellent but just couldn't use it after the first set or so's worth of play.
Spin X - Great string, good power, pop, control, touch, comfort for the price. It's incredibly underrated, once TW get's their stuff, if they do, it'll sell quite well.
Blue Gear - Too stiff for me, and that's with a multi cross and only strung at 50lbs/56lbs (usual setup). Wasn't impressed although was getting good bite on the ball.

I have at the moment in my box of goodies: All the new cyberstrings (besides max rotation), ALU Rough and Adrenaline. Focus Hex, and hepta twist. and some more.

Hope that sorta helped.

David123
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM
alright.. thanks that helped a lot :P i am expecting good expectations from black code, proline II and red code, lol although if i hear more good reviews about the strings you favourited i may purchase them and try.

Get back to me if you could about the strings you're about to test :P i am interested :P

Thanks for your post :P I am hungry time to head to macdonalds with my boys :)

armsty
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I have Cyber Red Strung up but haven't used it. Was hitting with Focus Hex/Q10 last night and was awesome.

David123
04-01-2010, 10:32 PM
whats q10?

armsty
04-01-2010, 11:01 PM
MSV Multifilament. Got it as a sample from the Aussie MSV reseller.

David123
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
David123

You're spamming the boards with multiple questions, again and again, when theres already tons of info on boards about what you're asking.

Its almost as if you're scared of buying strings and trying strings out and you want people to tell you the perfect string for you and perfect tension for you from the word go. Nobody can answer this for you because everyone has their own preferences.

JUST PUT THE STRINGS IN YOUR RACQUET AND TRY THEM!!!!!!!!

THEN MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT AND TRY AGAIN UNTIL YOU FIND YOUR PREFERRED SETUP!!!!!!

CAPISCHE?

No. You're completlely wrong. The whole point of the string forum is to discuss strings. Spamming would be posting repititve threads that can all be answers in one thread. However, i want to hear what the community has to say about each of the strings, not one person talking about a specific string. And I haven't really found some of the strings i plan on buying. In addition i'd also want some more insight than 1-3 ppl. As armsty has done, he provided me with all the strings that he used and talked about them. And i appreciate that. That's exactly what i want. So unless you're posting your opinion, don't post anything because you're the one that's spamming. CAPICHE?

Zhou
04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
1) You are spamming. You spammed the Stringing Machine forums.

2) Everyone has a different playing style and is different physically as well. So what we are here to discuss and help recommend based on information about YOU. Not about us. Take for example, someone who is a 5.0 and serve and volleys may choose natural gut while a 2.5-3.0 new person may only require a synthetic gut or lower end poly.

David123
04-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Ok i do admit that i spammed the machine forum a little while back but I didn't know. And i am just asking for responses such as what armsty posted. Your opininons on any of the strings that i posted. I don't care whether you're a different player/different racket. I just want to know your opinions. So stop bombarding the thread saying everyone has different game styles, and this and that cuz i couldn't care less. Armsty's response was helpful, and if you arent going to post something similar then just don't post.

MuscleWeave
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
The only one I've used is Pro Red Code. First I tried a full set in a Head LM Rad 107 @ 58. It had alot of power, and no dwell time. It was comfortable though. I'm used to multifilaments at around 60 in 95 sq" racquets, so this was different.

I had a lot more luck with hybriding the PRC in the mains of a 95 sq" racquet with a PU multi cross. A nice "catch" feeling at impact, and good spins. But I am an all-courter, mostly hitting flat.

David123
04-06-2010, 01:34 PM
yeah i am thinking of trying redcode mains at 55lbs with NRG2 crosses 58 lbs. After that, i am planning on trying Redcode mains 55lbs and X-1 biphase crosses at 58lbs, and see which one i like better, because i've been hearing a lot of reviews where people don't like redcode full bed because its too powerful so hopefully hybriding it with those multifilaments mentioned above will control the power. Then ill probably try blackcode full bed, and finally signum pro Tornado full bed. Both at 55lbs.

David123
04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
From your lists I've tried

Red Code - not for me, don't know if it's the lack of power or the over controlling feel, not my string.
Black Code - My favorite string so far, immense spin and control with a soft poly feel.
Cyberflash - some say it's a poor man's ALU, I haven't tried ALU but it's a great string. I remember it by a tournament I played with it, fresh job for the first round and I won all but one pool match then lost the final 6-0 7-5. Was so close in the 2nd and this string was amazing all tournament. Best weekend of tennis.
X1 BiPhase - For me, I usually use my multis in the cross so for a full job, this was an odd string. Helped my hard when I had some fierce TE but was too powerful and wasn't easy to transfer to after full poly.
Pro Hurricane Tour - For the price it isn't worth it. Got nothing behind the ball and the spin wasn't exceptional like people say. Don't know about durablilty because I cut it out, was dissapointed. Stiff.
Big Ace - not micro but the 1.22 gauge. Like it, got good depth and control, not a lot of feel and touch at the net though and as I try get to the net as much as possible and play a fair bit of doubles, wasn't the string for me.
Black Magic - Was great for the first hit, but the tension seemed to just drop and it turned to a trampoline. This is a string I really wanted to work because I loved that first hit and for the price was excellent but just couldn't use it after the first set or so's worth of play.
Spin X - Great string, good power, pop, control, touch, comfort for the price. It's incredibly underrated, once TW get's their stuff, if they do, it'll sell quite well.
Blue Gear - Too stiff for me, and that's with a multi cross and only strung at 50lbs/56lbs (usual setup). Wasn't impressed although was getting good bite on the ball.

I have at the moment in my box of goodies: All the new cyberstrings (besides max rotation), ALU Rough and Adrenaline. Focus Hex, and hepta twist. and some more.

Hope that sorta helped.

So what do you guys think? btw armsty how are the new strings coming along?