PDA

View Full Version : Best Babolat Multi

c_hari_c
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
What is the best multi from babolat? Price is not an issue here. There are some that are $19.95. There are some that are in the $10 range. If I decide to go with the high end multis, am I better of trying babolat tonic ?It doesn't make sense to have the racket and string from the same manufacturer but that is what I am trying to do here.

armsty
04-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Xcel Power.

Ookie Cookie
04-01-2010, 05:50 PM
ok well first off whoever said there was only one multi is wrong, and if your going to do a full bed of the string then you gotta go with Xcel
Power, but the best hybriding multi is Xcel premium

However if you are going to go with a full bed and price is not an issue Tonic is a fantastic string, I would also use tonic if you are planning to hybrid with it in the mains, however if you are going to hybrid with it in the crosses i would use Xcel Premium

To sum it up
Full bed: Tonic/Xcel Power
Hybrid mains: tonic if you can afford it/Xcel Premium
Crosses: Xcel premium

c_hari_c
04-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Thank you. That makes a lot of sense.

ClubHoUno
04-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Xcel Power.

And there are several Babolat Multi string - Xcel Power, Xcel (Premium), Addiction, Fiber Tour, Syntronic Brio etc.

ClubHoUno
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
ok well first off whoever said there was only one multi is wrong, and if your going to do a full bed of the string then you gotta go with Xcel
Power, but the best hybriding multi is Xcel premium

However if you are going to go with a full bed and price is not an issue Tonic is a fantastic string, I would also use tonic if you are planning to hybrid with it in the mains, however if you are going to hybrid with it in the crosses i would use Xcel Premium

To sum it up
Full bed: Tonic/Xcel Power
Hybrid mains: tonic if you can afford it/Xcel Premium
Crosses: Xcel premium

Why are you talking about Tonic ?

Tonic is natural gut, and it is Babolats second grade of natural gut strings.

Their prime natural gut string is called Babolat VS.

c_hari_c
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM

I think I got my answer. I have decided to try the Xcel Power in a full bed.

Fedace
04-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Xcel Power.

what is the difference between Xcel power and Xcel premium ?? and Xcel power gets way too Mushy when weather gets HOT..:???:

stanfordtennis alum
04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
IMO, xcel power is the best multi from babolat

Ookie Cookie
04-02-2010, 03:12 PM

i know that, he said if i am willing to spend $20 shud i just try tonic, so i was replying to that, so why dont u read the OP before u act like an *****hole

Valjean
04-02-2010, 04:25 PM
At one point I might have said Xcel Power too, but now I believe Xcel is better all-around, not least because it has just moderate power that is nicely blended with a fine feel.

ClubHoUno
04-02-2010, 08:34 PM
i know that, he said if i am willing to spend $20 shud i just try tonic, so i was replying to that, so why dont u read the OP before u act like an *****hole

Sorry about that :???:

Didn't try to upset you.....peace :oops:

ChevyTennis
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I like Xcel Power - its seems a bit softer to me than Xcel does and I like the feeling of it.

callmethedoctor
04-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I tried XCel Premium and Addiction and liked addiction's feel much better.

Valjean
04-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Here, FWIW, is Babolat's own comparison of the strings mentioned so far, rated for Power, Comfort and Durability:

Xcel Power: 4.5, 4.5, 4.

Xcel: 4, 5, 4.

Addiction: 3.5, 4, 4

And here, thrown into the mix, is their latest nylon synthetic, N.vy. For lovers of Addiction, to me it's going to be a challenge to decide if they're going to want to stay with it, once they get a whiff of this one....

3, 4, 4. Similar feel, too.