PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin: A disappointment to say the least.

Teyko
04-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I am amazed by the hype that Justine Henin receives given her "recent comeback." I have not been impressed at all, and her game, specifically her serves are definitely found wanting.

Semi-Pro
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Well she has already beaten many top 10 opponents and made the finals of the first slam of 2010.

I wouldn't exactly say those are disappointing results...

pc1
04-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I am amazed by the hype that Justine Henin receives given her "recent comeback." I have not been impressed at all, and her game, specifically her serves are definitely found wanting.

She just started the comeback and yet almost beat Serena in the Australian final. That's not bad and I think she'll get better with some more tournament play.

thalivest
04-01-2010, 05:58 PM
She just started the comeback and yet almost beat Serena in the Australian final. That's not bad and I think she'll get better with some more tournament play.

She performed terribly in the Australian Open final despite that she had chances to win. She was also lucky to be in the final as she had some close calls in earlier rounds. She hasnt won a tournament since her comeback, and lost to a pusher like Dulko. I would say she is doing very poorly. If she doesnt atleast win the French Open which should be a breeze for her amongst the current field at even 70% then she should probably abandon her comeback altogether and retire again.

Tennis_Monk
04-01-2010, 07:01 PM
can anyone tell me why is she changing her serve?. She was serving well before she retired?

Ocean Drive
04-01-2010, 07:04 PM
She performed terribly in the Australian Open final despite that she had chances to win. She was also lucky to be in the final as she had some close calls in earlier rounds. She hasnt won a tournament since her comeback, and lost to a pusher like Dulko. I would say she is doing very poorly. If she doesnt atleast win the French Open which should be a breeze for her amongst the current field at even 70% then she should probably abandon her comeback altogether and retire again.

hahahahahaha so many wrong things with this.

Reaching AO is not terrible for one and why would she quit when she could win more slams, maybe not as dominant as before but still win and make a crap load of money? You're so simple minded.

davey25
04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
hahahahahaha so many wrong things with this.

Reaching AO is not terrible for one and why would she quit when she could win more slams, maybe not as dominant as before but still win and make a crap load of money? You're so simple minded.

If she doesnt win the FO this year she would probably never win another slam. Needless to say that is by far her best surface, and the current womens clay court field is garbage (the Williams at this point being weak there already is enough to make it so). So if she cant win there vs the current field she wouldnt ever win another slam, and it might be wise to move on in that case.

As for Australia she wasnt impressive in her play there except for her semifinal vs that Chinese pusher, and to some degree vs Dementieva. You dont need to be that impressive to make a slam final on the womens side these days, just look at Safina making 3 of them, and Bartoli even making 1 of them.

Teyko
04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah, Kim...

OKUSA
04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah coming back after a year and half break and making the finals of your first grand slam is a failure in my book as well. If she was good she would've bageled everyone and won the Aussie Open in just under 3 hours on court

KSJ1979
04-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Henin's game is more elaborate and complete than Kim's....So it makes sense that she will lose some matches that she wouldn't have pre-retirement. It will take longer to get back to her old form than it took Kim. I think the clay season will be good for her confidence. Look at Fed, who has the most complete game but it took him until his 23rd birthday to win his first slam...

Joe Pike
04-01-2010, 08:53 PM

April's fool!

makinao
04-02-2010, 04:54 AM
You dont need to be that impressive to make a slam final....

You don't need to be impressive to win six consecutive matches against the top players in the world. Piece of cake. Any weekend hacker can do it. Riiiiiiiiiight!

dmt
04-02-2010, 05:13 AM
i think she should be able to win the french, i'll be rooting for her there.

JennyS
04-02-2010, 05:14 AM
No one is more disappointed by Justine's comeback than Elena Dementieva:D

dcdoorknob
04-02-2010, 05:14 AM
This thread is a disappointment to say the least.

gshaffer23
04-02-2010, 05:18 AM
This thread is a disappointment to say the least.

Agreed... where do people come up with these expectations?!??? I have never been much of a Henin fan, but to say her come back is a dissapointment so far, or to suggest she should forget tennis if she doesn't win the French is just silly.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Agreed... where do people come up with these expectations?!???.

Ask the Henin fans around here, who kissed her *** upon her return, all but swearing she was going to (paraphrasing) "rule," sweep the slams or be "restored" to some fictional position as though she was the greatest player who ever lived (when she's not even that in her own generation).

DRII
04-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Henin's game is more elaborate and complete than Kim's....So it makes sense that she will lose some matches that she wouldn't have pre-retirement. It will take longer to get back to her old form than it took Kim. I think the clay season will be good for her confidence. Look at Fed, who has the most complete game but it took him until his 23rd birthday to win his first slam...

Great analysis!

I agree...

Gugafan
04-02-2010, 05:46 AM
As for Australia she wasnt impressive in her play there except for her semifinal vs that Chinese pusher, and to some degree vs Dementieva. You dont need to be that impressive to make a slam final on the womens side these days, just look at Safina making 3 of them, and Bartoli even making 1 of them.

It was an impressive feat, considering she was well short in terms of match practice. Her level of play has not been what it was, but she showed great mental toughness to win some hard fought 3 setters (Dementieva and Wickmayer) in Australia. The final itself was not a blowout, but another competitive 3 setter against the current best player in womens tennis. I expect she will only get better as the season goes on.

DRII
04-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Ask the Henin fans around here, who kissed her *** upon her return, all but swearing she was going to (paraphrasing) "rule," sweep the slams or be "restored" to some fictional position as though she was the greatest player who ever lived (when she's not even that in her own generation).

Either Henin fans but most likely Williams haters (Serena in particular).

The hypothetical and fictitious idea they had of the Belgians' return toppling and crippling the sisters.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Reaching AO is not terrible for one and why would she quit when she could win more slams, maybe not as dominant as before but still win

That remains to be seen, and so far, her AO and Miami adventures have been a bust.

and make a crap load of money? You're so simple minded.

Simple minded is thinking a millionaire is even concerned with a check, when that is not her concern when playing. She wants records.

Matt H.
04-02-2010, 06:20 AM
In her 4 tournaments played in her come back, she has made 2 finals and a semi.

She lost all of those in the 3rd set.

I wouldn't call that a disappointment.

kslick
04-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Let's not forget that she is unranked (in tournaments) so she doesn't get those "easy" early round matches. So she is playing betters players all the way through the tournament.

deltox
04-02-2010, 06:26 AM
cant say i see any problems with her comeback or kims.

id guess by the end of the year, the ws and the 2 belgiuns will all be very closely ranked in the standings, all of which making the year end championship.

as for henin failing, do remember, that she has changed her playstyle dramatically, with one goal in mind. if she fails to make the finals or a good strong semi run at wimby then you can start to have a glimmer of doubt about her.

halalula1234
04-02-2010, 06:27 AM
can anyone tell me why is she changing her serve?. She was serving well before she retired?

her coach prolly tryin to make it more serena like? perhaps?

TMF
04-02-2010, 06:28 AM
That remains to be seen, and so far, her AO and Miami adventures have been a bust.

Simple minded is thinking a millionaire is even concerned with a check, when that is not her concern when playing. She wants records.

LOL...making AO final is a bust.:shock: Typical thundervolley

Mick
04-02-2010, 07:02 AM
she's pretty good considering her obvious handicap: a 5 feet 6 woman playing against much taller and stronger women.

Mick
04-02-2010, 07:15 AM
In her 4 tournaments played in her come back, she has made 2 finals and a semi.

She lost all of those in the 3rd set.

I wouldn't call that a disappointment.

if that is a disappointment, i don't know what to call sharapova's come back attempt :)

ChopShot
04-02-2010, 07:27 AM
she's pretty good considering her obvious handicap: a 5 feet 6 woman playing against much taller and stronger women.

Now, I'm all for Henin's comeback, but really. Stronger? Have you seen Henin as of late? She's a type specimen for human female physiology.

Sartorius
04-02-2010, 07:31 AM
She reached the AO final, that's pretty good if you ask me.

If you watched some of her matches (not just AO), she actually played much better tennis than some (if not most) of the top 10.

Mick
04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Now, I'm all for Henin's comeback, but really. Stronger? Have you seen Henin as of late? She's a type specimen for human female physiology.

i don't know. i think stosur and serena look a lot stronger than henin. henin just looks like a skinny woman.

henin and serena at the 2010 AO
http://i44.tinypic.com/14b24w8.jpg

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 07:44 AM
LOL...making AO final is a bust.:shock: Typical thundervolley

Failure must an option for you, but it is not for sports professionals. Now that i've instructed you with this fact, Henin making a final and not winning is not successful in competition. Her goal was to win, junior...not ending as a runner-up.

TMF
04-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Failure must an option for you, but it is not for sports professionals. Now that i've instructed you with this fact, Henin making a final and not winning is not successful in competition. Her goal was to win, junior...not ending as a runner-up.

LOL...you said Henin's results at the AO and Miami is a BUST which is nonsense. She didn't loses to a WC, but to a pretty good player Kim in the semi, who has a chance to win Miami. Henin made the AO final and that is more expected for a player who just returning to the tour. I think most would agree with me that her result is pretty good for 2010. And certain not a BUST.:shock:

Are you one of those who believe losing the early round is FAR worse than losing in the final? Are you?

ChopShot
04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
i don't know. i think stosur and serena look a lot stronger than henin. henin just looks like a skinny woman.

henin and serena at the 2010 AO
http://i44.tinypic.com/14b24w8.jpg

Stosur and Serena are big gals, no doubt, but Henin is in no way skinny. Just take a look at the picture, and take a look at her arms, and calves. They're huge. I remember being quite unsurprised during the Wozniacki match (Wozniacki is about 10 centimeters taller) that she weighed only 1 kg less than Wozniacki.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
LOL...you said Henin's results at the AO and Miami is a BUST which is nonsense. She didn't loses to a WC, but to a pretty good player Kim in the semi, who has a chance to win Miami. Henin made the AO final and that is more expected for a player who just returning to the tour. I think most would agree with me that her result is pretty good for 2010. And certain not a BUST.:shock:

Your complete ignorance is telling--and your satisfaction with losing--which is not why Henin plays, thus her results are a bust. You are not covincing anyone with ideas that goes against the very reason anyone plays pro sports.

Try again, junior.

soyizgood
04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
It depends on what you were expecting. Some Juju fans and Serena/Clijsters bashers were expecting Henin to conquer the tour like she did in 2007. Those folks were asking for too much in my opinion.

Now there are those that think she'll find her way back to the top 10 and maybe capture a slam in the process. That's definitely possible, but not an automatic. We're barely in April and she has 7 wins against top 20 players. Thre's cause for optimism if you're in that camp.

If you're realistic, you'll probably find reasons to like and dislike based on her return. Sure she's winning matches and going deep, but she has new flaws as a result of her new aggressive game. That's to be expected. IMO she's not going to win any slams with her game as it is, but she can tweak and refine it as she did when she started winning slams. But right now her backhand is quite error-prone, her serve is spotty, and her forehand is probably her best shot currently.

JoshDragon
04-02-2010, 09:41 AM

That makes no sense at all. If Justine, is able to make the finals of a major, then she shouldn't quit. Obviously, she's still one of the best players, if she's able to reach the finals of the majors and why quit if you're at the top of the game?

TMF
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Your complete ignorance is telling--and your satisfaction with losing--which is not why Henin plays, thus her results are a bust. You are not covincing anyone with ideas that goes against the very reason anyone plays pro sports.

Try again, junior.

Laughable. How is it ignorance just b/c I pointed out your nonsense when you're incapable of justifying it?

her AO and Miami adventures have been a bust.

She didn't loses to a WC, but to a pretty good player Kim in the semi, who has a chance to win Miami. Henin made the AO final and that is more expected for a player who just returning to the tour. I think most would agree with me that her result is pretty good for 2010. And certain not a BUST.:shock:

If you insist on believing it's a bust for reaching the GS final, how do you judge Serena losing the USO in the hands of an unretired player? Disaster of the century?

You didn't answer my question: Are you one of those who believe losing the early round is FAR worse than losing in the final? Are you?

TMF
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
That makes no sense at all. If Justine, is able to make the finals of a major, then she shouldn't quit. Obviously, she's still one of the best players, if she's able to reach the finals of the majors and why quit if you're at the top of the game?

Absolutely. It's not that she's constantly losing to qualifiers. She's just back for only a few months and had better results than she expected. No need to panic here.

Underhand
04-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Even a 70% level Henin is much more entertaining than the dumbarse WTA baseline bashers.

bluetrain4
04-02-2010, 10:10 AM
I think she's doing very well actually. I never agreed that she'd come back and dominate the WTA. Her new game style allows her some more opportunities to stand up to the big hitters, but it has also made her a little bit more inconsistent. That said, I think (1) she'll continue to do well, and very well may add to her Slam total, and (2) she'll continue to have some bad losses, some bad tournaments. It happens. Players lose.

TMF
04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Even a 70% level Henin is much more entertaining than the dumbarse WTA baseline bashers.

Yep. The match between the Belgians was quite entertaining yesterday.

svijk
04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Teyko;4527827]I am amazed by the hype that Justine Henin receives given her "recent comeback." I have not been impressed at all, and her game, specifically her serves are definitely found wanting.[/QUOTE

get real dude, you are not impressed...you wanna give her some tips too

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Laughable. How is it ignorance just b/c I pointed out your nonsense when you're incapable of justifying it?

Translation: you are so incredibly thick that you cannot comprehand hat Henin--like every pro player only has one task: to win, not be runner up. Anything less in professional sports is a failure. Thanks to your rather plebeian "reasoning" skills, you lean on an argument using losing as a positive, which fails to any rational mind.
Pity.

TMF
04-02-2010, 10:25 AM

hmmmm...so every players on tour are not impressive, except only one player - a winner. How about players too lazy and not even bother to show up? Are they impressive by you?

CCNM
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM

Perhaps to keep up with the rest of the field? Which, according to experts, is not that great....:)

TMF
04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Translation: you are so incredibly thick that you cannot comprehand hat Henin--like every pro player only has one task: to win, not be runner up. Anything less in professional sports is a failure. Thanks to your rather plebeian "reasoning" skills, you lean on an argument using losing as a positive, which fails to any rational mind.
Pity.

But that's not what you said.

She didn't loses to a WC, but to a pretty good player Kim in the semi, who has a chance to win Miami. Henin made the AO final and that is more expected for a player who just returning to the tour. I think most would agree with me that her result is pretty good for 2010. And certain not a BUST.:shock:

If you insist on believing it's a bust for reaching the GS final, how do you judge Serena losing the USO in the hands of an unretired player? Disaster of the century?

You didn't answer my question: Do you believe losing the early round is FAR worse than losing in the final? Do you?

rudester
04-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Henin looked erratic at times against Clijsters, and also brilliant, I think she is working on that rust and has the natural ability and mental toughness to succeed in the future, She Will Be Back.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
But that's not what you said.

Struggling with comprehension again?

"Bust" and "failure" in relation to sports boil down to the same thing: Henin did not reach her one and only goal: to win.

Once again--in the many times information must be repeated to you:

You cannot comprehend that Henin has only has one task: to win, not be runner up. Anything less in professional sports is a failure. Thanks to your rather plebeian "reasoning" skills, you lean on an argument using losing as a positive, which fails to any rational mind.

You will never sell anyone on your Bizarro planet sense of "success," or acceptable results, and no one would bet on Henin herself claiming the AO and Miami results were part of her game plan upon entering each event. If not a part of her plan, then it is a bust--a failure.

Understand the reality of the world, junior.

TMF
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM

"Bust" and "failure" in relation to sports boil down to the same thing: Henin did not reach her one and only goal: to win.

You cannot comprehend that Henin has only has one task: to win, not be runner up. Anything less in professional sports is a failure. Thanks to your rather plebeian "reasoning" skills, you lean on an argument using losing as a positive, which fails to any rational mind.

You will never sell anyone on your Bizarro planet sense of "success," or acceptable results, and no one would bet on Henin herself claiming the AO and Miami results were part of her game plan upon entering each event. If not a part of her plan, then it is a bust--a failure.

Isn't that everyone's goal is to play and win? How many players in the history of women's tennis made the GS final? But it's a bust to get there?
You think Henin would trade her AO final to Venus's trophy in Dubai? Just b/c it's a tournament that was WON? Still no. Not a bust year for Henin.
Sorry to riled you up but you are being rediculous.

Again......

You didn't answer my question: Do you believe losing the early round is FAR worse than losing in the final? Do you?

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Typically, you have no point to make and cannot move within orbit of the fact: pros--especially one like Henin do not and will never find being a runner-up (or worse) positive, as that is not the goal of a professional. If you had a particle of understanding about professonal sports, you would not repost your reality-challenged ideas on accepting failure as a positive.

But you are mild comedy, so keep trying.

TMF
04-02-2010, 11:52 AM
^^
I did, but you no answer to ANY of my questions.

Annika
04-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Clijsters and Henin should be role models of how to look like a professional tennis player and act like one too.

West Coast Ace
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Troll starts a thread and a riot breaks out....

Wolland
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Juju played 4 tournaments this year and she reached two finals and one semifinal. She lost two matches to Kim, one to Serena and one to Dulko. And you call this disappointment. Yes, we expect more from her because of her prior achievements, but as already noticed, it will take some time before she reaches her best form. As you can see, she made some changes to her serve and other strokes as well. Therefore, she's in the process of adapting to those alterations. My guess is that she will be top notch before the Wimbledon.

adizzy
04-02-2010, 01:05 PM

i gotta disagree. hr first tournament back and she got to the finals...then the aussie...fianls...and she lost playing a game that was new to her...ie.aggresive. now she is in the semis of miami. what else can she do. she is trying to play differently for wimbeldon.

davey25
04-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Spoken for truth.

The Williams sisters are grim with their pure grunt gorilla tennis.

Yet more racial insinuations when it comes to the sisters. What else is new.

Mick
04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
at least henin and clijsters provide some competition for the williams sisters. before they came out of retirement, all the sisters had were jankovic, dementieva, and safina. not much of a competition as they all would fold under pressure.

omniexist
04-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Her comeback is a failure. We ask her to beat Serena Williams in the AO final and she can't even do that one little thing.

She better win French and handily too!

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh do shutup.

Unless you haven't realised it yet, you incredibly tedious and irritating.

Ah, another of the multiple aliases for one of the usual suspects. Oh, but pretend you are new, and continue to reveal your racism, little girl.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Spoken for truth.

The Williams sisters are grim with their pure grunt gorilla tennis.

Let's see how far you go with this display of immorality.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
^^
I did, but you no answer to ANY of my questions.

Sorry, but answering a statement with a question is not an answer or formal addressing of anything, and you are still on that little ride in Fantasyland.

Atherton2003
04-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Justine Henin looks exactley like Gomer Pyle....Jim Nabors.

Terre Battu
04-03-2010, 10:30 AM

I absolutely agree with you. Just like how a complete game takes longer to develop, it will take Henin a bit more time to find her top form. She has to work on more things than your typical baseline basher. I think she has been doing pretty well on her comeback.

As far as her last match with Clijsters in Miami, she seemed tired and just a step slow in preparing for her shots. I think she could have won that had she not spent a lot more time on court compared to Kim.

TMF
04-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I absolutely agree with you. Just like how a complete game takes longer to develop, it will take Henin a bit more time to find her top form. She has to work on more things than your typical baseline basher. I think she has been doing pretty well on her comeback.

As far as her last match with Clijsters in Miami, she seemed tired and just a step slow in preparing for her shots. I think she could have won that had she not spent a lot more time on court compared to Kim.

If it wasn't for Kim, Justine would have won this title. So far, the Belgians are the most impressive players.

thalivest
04-03-2010, 02:14 PM
If it wasn't for Kim, Justine would have won this title. So far, the Belgians are the most impressive players.

Justine has won 0 titles since her comeback. She has not been the most impressive anything. I am sure that will change with the clay court season on the horizon though.

Povl Carstensen
04-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Yeah, she's a joke....

Marius_Hancu
04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks, God, for her still playing tennis.

Joe Pike
04-03-2010, 04:16 PM

You are one of the dumbest posters here. Which is an achievement in itself ...

Joe Pike
04-03-2010, 04:18 PM
That remains to be seen, and so far, her AO and Miami adventures have been a bust. ...

Most of Graf's tournaments have been a bust, too.

And what no, moron?

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Most people who know anything about tennis realize that progress is made in many ways and the bottom line wins and losses aren't always the whole story.

Henin did not win her semi so in that sense she failed. But most, if not all players, fail as much as they win and smart observers know that the work you put in now in a loss may serve you well down the road when you win one.

I, for one, thought Henin may have tried too much to slug it out with Clijsters for her own good but Justine has been the best woman on clay for years so you can be sure her work in Miami will pay dividends in Paris.

Teyko
04-03-2010, 08:28 PM
You are a disapointment Teyko. It would be a huge achievement for anyone to make it to the finals of a grand slam. If this isn't an april fools joke you are a regular fool.

Way to go...you disagree with my post so you personally insult me? Really...

Rjtennis
04-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Her serving is a big problem. That toss is so far in front of her, it is just begging for her to make errors. I don't know what is going on with that.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 02:32 AM
You are one of the dumbest posters here. Which is an achievement in itself ...

Translation: your comment alone is your eternal calling card: an utter failure to present a logical counter (expected), then in typical fashion, through tears of "waaa! d-d-d-don't pick on m-m-my tennis gods, boo-hoo," you resort to preschool-level blather.

Have a Kleenex. You need it.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 02:35 AM

Teyko, i'm sure you see that is a trait shared by other TT members (as seen in this thread).

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Justine has won 0 titles since her comeback. She has not been the most impressive anything.

Agreed; for all of the (paraphrasing) "Henin will save tennis" / "she will quickly be the top player" self-medicating nonsense issued by certain members of this board since Henin announced her return, this alleged "savior" has not materialized.

I am sure that will change with the clay court season on the horizon though.

While that is possible (considering the poor quality of clay court women at this point in time), her "win Wimbledon" screwing around with her game may cause more problems, as see in her Miami match against Clijsters, where her attempts to serve like..who knows what, and would-be control of the net dod not serve her well. Trying that on clay cannot be wise, and if she falls back to her original game--after months of working on the "win Wimbledon" game, se could be out of sorts trying to adjust on the run, so to speak.

15_ounce
04-04-2010, 03:09 AM
ALLEZ JUJU!!!!!

Zis zhread iz ghiddiikkooloozzzz

thalivest
04-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Agreed; for all of the (paraphrasing) "Henin will save tennis" / "she will quickly be the top player" self-medicating nonsense issued by certain members of this board since Henin announced her return, this alleged "savior" has not materialized.

While that is possible (considering the poor quality of clay court women at this point in time), her "win Wimbledon" screwing around with her game may cause more problems, as see in her Miami match against Clijsters, where her attempts to serve like..who knows what, and would-be control of the net dod not serve her well. Trying that on clay cannot be wise, and if she falls back to her original game--after months of working on the "win Wimbledon" game, se could be out of sorts trying to adjust on the run, so to speak.

Yeah that is a good point. She has tried to completely revamp her game just for Wimbledon which could end up making things trickier than usual for her per say on clay. We will see.

In anycase all the gushing at this point over someone who has won 0 titles since her comeback is a joke. I am sure Justine herself would think those saying otherwise are just crazy. As you said earlier in this thread the reason Justine is playing again is to win titles, including slam titles of course. She is a 7 time slam winner so she isnt going to be content and joyed just to make semis and finals like Jankovic and Safina at their laughable career "peaks". If you asked her about her comeback so far in private she would probably say it has been a complete failure just like those of us who arent giggly fanboys are also saying.

AllDownTheLine
04-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Teyko, i'm sure you see that is a trait shared by other TT members (as seen in this thread).
Count me in. Dumb thread! Out of the millions of female tennis players in the world Henin only made it to the finals of a Grand Slam upon her return to the game?
Is a debate about this needed?

deltox
04-04-2010, 06:05 AM
omg you haters are ridiculous, she carss about one title first and foremost and its not the french. her serve and playstyle has changed for ONE GOAL. do you haters even follow tennis? of course shes gonna not be quite a dominant because shes CHANGING her playstyle to win one major .

keep on making excuses for the WTA of today. end of the year, all will become clear.

dmt
04-04-2010, 06:08 AM
yeah she's trying to win wimbledon and i really do hope she's successfull. Itd be great to see her win there.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Yeah that is a good point. She has tried to completely revamp her game just for Wimbledon which could end up making things trickier than usual for her per say on clay. We will see.

...and she should realize her opponents are watching, and see that her new game has holes, which is why Kleybanova nearly blasted her off of this year's AO court, while Wozniacki had serious chances in Miami. In short: the new game has exploitable holes in it.

In anycase all the gushing at this point over someone who has won 0 titles since her comeback is a joke. I am sure Justine herself would think those saying otherwise are just crazy. As you said earlier in this thread the reason Justine is playing again is to win titles, including slam titles of course.

She is a 7 time slam winner so she isnt going to be content and joyed just to make semis and finals like Jankovic and Safina at their laughable career "peaks". If you asked her about her comeback so far in private she would probably say it has been a complete failure just like those of us who arent giggly fanboys are also saying.

Of course. Only those living in the grip of a rather strong form of ignorance thinks losing--coming in in any place other than in the position of champion--would think Henin's results are good. Just as Roddick proved with his stairwell collapse after losing to Federer at the '09 Wimbledon, or McEnroe after his loss in the '84 FO final, no one in touch with their career purpose--considers runner up a succes or acceptable to any degree. Certain Henin fans have their noses so far up her ***, that they will defend her failures, even if their defense is about as realistic as the moon growing wings and flying away.

forzamilan90
04-04-2010, 06:39 AM
i kind of agree that she's not playing that well, i mean the australian open comeback looked great, but the women's field is so weak, navratilova can come back and make the final. serve definitely a struggle though. if she don't do well on the french i think we are not gonna see her win another slam.

samprasvsfederer123
04-04-2010, 06:45 AM
i dont feel she will win anything if she does it will be the us open or the french, no chance at wimby, but she is not a dissapointment, the way hingis came back years ago was a dissapointment.

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-04-2010, 07:06 AM
...and she should realize her opponents are watching, and see that her new game has holes, which is why Kleybanova nearly blasted her off of this year's AO courtOh, my! She nearly got blasted off the court.

while Wozniacki had serious chances in Miami.But couldn't take advantage of them, as it turns out.

In short: the new game has exploitable holes in it.Everyone's game has exploitable holes in it. How much do you really know about tennis? Not much, it seems and whether Henin ultimately considers her comeback a failure or success I would think an unprejudiced "expert" would at least want to wait until Wimbledon, which is the reason she has returned (she has said).

Of course. Only those living in the grip of a rather strong form of ignorance thinks losing--coming in in any place other than in the position of champion--would think Henin's results are good. Just as Roddick proved with his stairwell collapse after losing to Federer at the '09 Wimbledon, or McEnroe after his loss in the '84 FO final, no one in touch with their career purpose--considers runner up a succes or acceptable to any degree. Certain Henin fans have their noses so far up her ***, that they will defend her failures, even if their defense is about as realistic as the moon growing wings and flying away.It's obvious you detest Henin, which is your right.
But at least wipe the hateful spittle off your chin and take a moment while you consider that Henin has had a very good career up to this point, and for a pro on her level to totally retool her game and battle the ingrained habits of a lifetime (which have served her so well) is not an easy thing to do.
But I'm sure you've taken that into account, right?

She is showing great courage and character in taking this chance and trying to win Wimbledon with a new sort of game. I admire her courage and the risks she takes almost as much as I detest your gleeful hate, bias and ignorance of what is the real point of her comeback.
If merely winning tournaments, something she is very good at, were the point she would never have set this new goal for herself (though with her lack of size and power, I have my doubts about her Wimbledon chances, myself).

She could play on the way she's always done on cruise control as a multiple Grand Slam winner and get by very nicely, thank you. But that isn't her goal or her dream and that's precisely the point (that you don't get). So whether she has won a tournament or not by this point is secondary to her real goal.
How ignorant of you not to notice.

I admire Roddick, by the way (someone I've never especially been fond of) for the same reasons. But you don't seem capable of getting this.
You are too busy indulging your ugly hateful excesses.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 08:16 AM
But couldn't take advantage of them, as it turns out.

Missing the point & flying off into illogic-ville as usual. Wozniacki--according to those with lips planted on Henin's ***--should not be able to do this to the one claimed to be on the fasttrack to slam dominance--as screamed when Henin announced her return to the game. Thanks to reality's arc bending away from fanboy dreams, Wozniacki exploited holes in the game of one (sold by aforementioned ***-kissers) as invincible.

Everyone's game has exploitable holes in it.

Some more than others, hence the reason Federer's record does not reveal many weaknesses, while Djokovic's is pockmarked with opponent opportunity. Henin--and her new game--fit the latter, which flies in the face of those on knee at the Church of Henin. Even you should have been able to pick up on this.

Henin has had a very good career up to this point, and for a pro on her level to totally retool her game and battle the ingrained habits of a lifetime (which have served her so well) is not an easy thing to do.

Not that anyone is expecting you to make much sense at this point, but you would have had a point--IF it was not so unnecessary for her to make dramatic changes to her game for ONE elusive slam, which can threaten to compromise her performance elsewhere, and has proved to be an exploitable game, proven more than once at the AO and recently at Miami, where the best performance at net (something Henin is now heavily incorporating as opposed to her pre-retirement period) in the Henin v. Clijsters match was delivered in the final minutes...by the anti-net wonder Clijsters.

I admire Roddick, by the way (someone I've never especially been fond of) for the same reasons. But you don't seem capable of getting this.

Apparently, comprehension is not your lil' buddy, if you think his Wimbledon '09 collapse was an indicator of anything other than his complete disappointment at (drum roll, please) failing to win. His job. This is not you playing park tennis, kid. He lives in the reality of professional competiton, and--like any normal professional--will feel a sense of failure if he or she loses.

You are too busy indulging your ugly hateful excesses.

Amusing. This from the person with an open bloodlust for President Obama, as displayed in weekly attacks posted in Rants & Raves.

deltox
04-04-2010, 08:19 AM
...and she should realize her opponents are watching, and see that her new game has holes, which is why Kleybanova nearly blasted her off of this year's AO court, while Wozniacki had serious chances in Miami. In short: the new game has exploitable holes in it.

Of course. Only those living in the grip of a rather strong form of ignorance thinks losing--coming in in any place other than in the position of champion--would think Henin's results are good. Just as Roddick proved with his stairwell collapse after losing to Federer at the '09 Wimbledon, or McEnroe after his loss in the '84 FO final, no one in touch with their career purpose--considers runner up a succes or acceptable to any degree. Certain Henin fans have their noses so far up her ***, that they will defend her failures, even if their defense is about as realistic as the moon growing wings and flying away.

so, to you, in a world of 6.8 billion, its a bad thing to be the second best at your given profession. really? even if it is only for one week, one tournament, one month one day or one year. Id take it.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 08:27 AM
so, to you, in a world of 6.8 billion, its a bad thing to be the second best at your given profession. really? even if it is only for one week, one tournament, one month one day or one year. Id take it.

Ah, so by your criteria, anyone entering the Olympics are just peachy over getting silver or bronze, when gold was their goal, right? When olympians cry and break down over NOT getting gold, you likely believe they just do not know how good they have it, right? More to the point, Federer losing to Nadal at Wimbledon..hmm...by your criteria, his breakdown was just not warranted, because hey--he gets a runner up nod, right? Murray at the AO....he should have been all smiles, right?

You miss the elementary point of professional competition and the expectations of those competing.

Matt H.
04-04-2010, 08:46 AM
It is clear that Thunder Volley does not have the ability to reason or think beyond black and white, or understand relativity.

Labeling Henin as a "failure" for losing in the Australian Open final, her 2nd professional tournament back after a near 2 year absence, just shows the lack of thinking.

There are ultimate goals, goals within the goals, and steps taken to acheive them. You monitor progress along the way and assess where you stand.

We can all agree Henin's ultimate goal is to win a slam again, most notably Wimbledon. She's tinkering with her game to give her the best shot at doing so. Her progress so far is pretty darn good. Given her ranking, the fact she's playing top 5 players in the 2nd round of these tournaments, and the fact she's already playing top 10 tennis right out of the gate seems to suggest so.

This is much like when Tiger Woods makes a swing change and stinks it up for a few months or a season. The so called "analysts" and "experts" and the peanut gallery all start talking about how he's a bust. Then everything clicks, he's tuned up the swing, and he goes out and wins 4-5 majors.

Just as Roddick proved with his stairwell collapse after losing to Federer at the '09 Wimbledon, or McEnroe after his loss in the '84 FO final, no one in touch with their career purpose--considers runner up a succes or acceptable to any degree.

let's clarify first that Roddick's stairwell collapse was after his win against Murray, *not* after his loss against Federer.

Roddick and McEnroe's losses were disheartening due to the facts that they had the match in their control and let it go. McEnroe also understood that as a serve and volleyer, and well into his career in 1984, wouldn't have many shots at getting back. He said it himself he knew that match in 84 was probably his *only* shot.

While losing is never the goal, 127 people out of 128 lose in every major. It's all relative as well. Players like Baghdatis, Ver Kirk, even Soderling last year, certainly take pride in making the final and see it as an accomplishment.

jamesblakefan#1
04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd say let the CC season play out before making any assumptions. I was never on board w/ the crew predicting Henin and Clijsters to bring a grand change to the WTA and take it to new heights while dominating every slam and regular event, so to me, no this is no disappointment. I will be interested to see how she plays on Clay and what tactics she takes on that surface. I do think she will win RG, but it won't be a cakewalk as some have predicted. Overall her comeback gets a B- so far.

TMF
04-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Labeling Henin as a "failure" for losing in the Australian Open final, her 2nd professional tournament back after a near 2 year absence, just shows the lack of thinking.

Hohoho. Not surprise so many in here have schooled that clown thundervolley.

A bust performance would be like Roddick losing to a no name Muller in the 1st round of the 05 USO, or Novak lost to Kohlschreiber last year FO. Not to a defending champ Serena when pressure was all on her to win against Henin. Glad you put thundervolley in her place.:)

wangs78
04-04-2010, 09:17 AM
If she doesnt win the FO this year she would probably never win another slam. Needless to say that is by far her best surface, and the current womens clay court field is garbage (the Williams at this point being weak there already is enough to make it so). So if she cant win there vs the current field she wouldnt ever win another slam, and it might be wise to move on in that case.

"that Chinese pusher"? Don't see how you can say someone is a pusher when you don't even know who they are, not to mention how rude that is. Kinda like me saying Davey25 is a moron except leaving out your name and just saying "yeah, that big moron, oh but I don't even who I'm calling a moron".

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 09:26 AM
It is clear that Thunder Volley does not have the ability to reason or think beyond black and white, or understand relativity.

No, it is clear, you--like your reason-challenged playpals in this thread--cannot comprehend the purpose of professional competition. You will continue to prove this glaring deficit in the following passages...

We can all agree Henin's ultimate goal is to win a slam again, most notably Wimbledon. She's tinkering with her game to give her the best shot at doing so. Her progress so far is pretty darn good. Given her ranking, the fact she's playing top 5 players in the 2nd round of these tournaments, and the fact she's already playing top 10 tennis right out of the gate seems to suggest so.

Until she accomplishes that which the game was changed for, logically, you cannot say the progress is "pretty darn good," particlularly when this new game has taken her out of her element to nearly be beaten by two who (according to her lip-puckered flock) should not give her so much trouble.

let's clarify first that Roddick's stairwell collapse was after his win against Murray, *not* after his loss against Federer.

Incorrect. After losing the final to Federer, the NBC cameras followed Roddick, where the collapse occured.

Roddick and McEnroe's losses were disheartening due to the facts that they had the match in their control and let it go. McEnroe also understood that as a serve and volleyer, and well into his career in 1984, wouldn't have many shots at getting back. He said it himself he knew that match in 84 was probably his *only* shot.

Their very nature as professional competitors makes losing the polar opposite of certain TT members' nonsensical claim that losing is acceptable in a job where that is never the purpose.

While losing is never the goal, 127 people out of 128 lose in every major. It's all relative as well. Players like Baghdatis, Ver Kirk, even Soderling last year, certainly take pride in making the final and see it as an accomplishment.

We are talking about the individual competitor's perception and expectation--not a factor of no concern to them. As an individual competitor, each enters an event with the deliberate goal of reaching the final and winning, not tossing their fate to some cosmic roulette wheel and shrug their shoulders should they lose.

What is the purpose of professional competition?

There is only one answer.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Hohoho. Not surprise so many in here have schooled that clown thundervolley.

A bust performance would be like Roddick losing to a no name Muller in the 1st round of the 05 USO, or Novak lost to Kohlschreiber last year FO. Not to a defending champ Serena when pressure was all on her to win against Henin. Glad you put thundervolley in her place.:)

Ah, Ms. Never Posted a Fact in her Life, issues another result of an emotional breakdown.

Oh, the horror....or humor.

Joe Pike
04-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Ah, so by your criteria, anyone entering the Olympics are just peachy over getting silver or bronze, when gold was their goal, right? When olympians cry and break down over NOT getting gold, you likely believe they just do not know how good they have it, right? More to the point, Federer losing to Nadal at Wimbledon..hmm...by your criteria, his breakdown was just not warranted, because hey--he gets a runner up nod, right? Murray at the AO....he should have been all smiles, right?

You miss the elementary point of professional competition and the expectations of those competing.

So this is why Henin's comeback is "a disappointment to say the least"????

You are completely dense.

JustBob
04-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Until she accomplishes that which the game was changed for, logically, you cannot say the progress is "pretty darn good," .

Logically, that statement is illogical. You're confusing progress with achievement(s).

TMF
04-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Another one of thundervolleyís gem....comparing Roddick to Henin? Hohoho.
Did Roddick came back from retirement? Roddick has never beaten at the slam, ever. Thereís a monkey on his back b/c he needs to get a win over Federer. Something it will never be off his chest until he beat him. The guy lost weight, got fitter, and of course improved. Big difference. In contrast to Henin, she's playing back to form for being out nearly 2 years, and has already beaten Serena at the slam. In fact, pressure was all on Serena, it would be a disastrous for Serena if she had lost to Henin b/c it means losing to two unretired players, and was the defending champion. Roddick's loss effected him way more than Henin. Again, big difference.

BTW, your precious gem will not be forgotten....

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I'd say let the CC season play out before making any assumptions. I was never on board w/ the crew predicting Henin and Clijsters to bring a grand change to the WTA and take it to new heights while dominating every slam and regular event, so to me, no this is no disappointment.

Yet it begs the question why certain TT members invested so much unsubstantiated fantasy into the return of Henin, when they had no idea of how she would perform, or any way to measure her new game (known before she set one foot on a court), yet they were convinced the WTA was "saved" by this "God."

...but it won't be a cakewalk as some have predicted.

Ahhh, but their fan-o-scope predicted Henin would return to dominate the slams, starting with the AO...oh...wait....

Overall her comeback gets a B- so far.

B-minus. Interesting. Jusding from some of the underwear-wetting posts from Henin's flock, one would think her comeback earned an A+.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 09:38 AM
So this is why Henin's comeback is "a disappointment to say the least"????

You are completely dense.

...still posting anything other than a rational reply, as proven here and in your flamed posts aimed at thalivest.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 09:42 AM
BTW, your precious gem will not be forgotten....
oooh! Watch out! Really big talk from some woman with a dripping crush on Ivanovic.

...and Henin's AO remains a failure--a bust. She failed to do what she set out to accomplish: win the AO. Unless you have proof she had no desire to win that slam--and post it right now, you are blowing more smoke and noise from your hole.

You are rather slow in picking up the heart of any matter. Too bad i'm not surprised.

TMF
04-04-2010, 09:51 AM

hohoho. deltox didn't say that and no one did. Winning a silver medal at the Olympic is not a "bust" or a "failure". You're saying EVERY silver medalist broke down and cry afterward? Even when it happened once in a blue moon, doesn't necessary means the silver means nothing to them. How many athletes has a chance to win a silver metals for an event that occur once per 4 years? Food for thought.

TMF
04-04-2010, 09:57 AM
oooh! Watch out! Really big talk from some woman with a dripping crush on Ivanovic.

...and Henin's AO remains a failure--a bust. She failed to do what she set out to accomplish: win the AO. Unless you have proof she had no desire to win that slam--and post it right now, you are blowing more smoke and noise from your hole.

You are rather slow in picking up the heart of any matter. Too bad i'm not surprised.
Hohoho. You got reading comprehension here. No one said ANY player(let alone Henin) aren't desire to a GS. The fact is NO ONE agree with you when calling a BUST when a player makes the GS final.

TMF
04-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Ah, another of the multiple aliases for one of the usual suspects. Oh, but pretend you are new, and continue to reveal your racism, little girl.

For shame....someone ask you to tone it down, but you resort to call that person a racist.:shock:

Gizo
04-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Incorrect. After losing the final to Federer, the NBC cameras followed Roddick, where the collapse occured.

No Roddick's collapse definately occured after his semi-final victory over Murray. Scroll down a bit:
http://roddickwatch.blogspot.com/2009/07/roddick-rains-on-murraymania-parade.html

As for Henin's comeback. I agree with the B- assessment. Of course only people with no perspective would suggest that it has been a failure, given that she has reached 2 finals and a semi-final in 4 tournament appearances so far, following a year and a half absence from the tour. Sure she is a tremendous competitor and would have hoped to have added to her title collection, but there's plenty of time for that to change and I'm sure that she will soon.
The acid test for Henin will be the French-Wimbledon double-header of course.

Even in her prime she looked vulnerable during the Indian Wells/Miami swing. Her mother died at roughly this time of year, so it's always been a tough period for her. She choked against Dementieva at Indian Wells in 2006 and Serena at Miami in 2007, two matches she should have won in straight sets. Plus she lost in the 2nd round at Miami in 2006 to Shaughnessy. Following that defeat she went on a very long streak of reaching the semis or better at every tournament that she played in I think.

jamesblakefan#1
04-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Jie Zheng isn't a pusher.

West Coast Ace
04-04-2010, 11:04 AM

There are ultimate goals, goals within the goals, and steps taken to acheive them. You monitor progress along the way and assess where you stand.

This is much like when Tiger Woods makes a swing change and stinks it up for a few months or a season. The so called "analysts" and "experts" and the peanut gallery all start talking about how he's a bust. Then everything clicks, he's tuned up the swing, and he goes out and wins 4-5 majors.

While losing is never the goal, 127 people out of 128 lose in every major. It's all relative as well. Players like Baghdatis, Ver Kirk, even Soderling last year, certainly take pride in making the final and see it as an accomplishment.Great post. Justine has definitely made huge changes to her FH. And AO final and Miami SF is hardly a disappointment.

And Thundervolley is definitely so blinded by hate of white folks that he can't be reasoned with. He lashes out at Justine because he perceives everyone on this board is 'out to get' the Williams Sisters (they do a pretty good job of destroying any good will they might get with their poor sportsmanship). You guys are mostly Troll Feeding by even engaging him at this point. Just ignore him.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
For shame....someone ask you to tone it down, but you resort to call that person a racist.:shock:

Since you are a dullard of the worst kind, you would not know racism when posted. Just another way your land's educational system failed to help you.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Great post. Justine has definitely made huge changes to her FH. And AO final and Miami SF is hardly a disappointment.

And Thundervolley is definitely so blinded by hate of white folks that he can't be reasoned with.

It is fun to expose your true nature as a fool, but your post above takes the cake. Between the two of us, you have engaged in less than morally bankrupt behavior during your history here, while I have not, yet as the most guilty, you rush to lay your own issues on another. Try not to be so transparent, young one.

he perceives everyone on this board is 'out to get' the Williams Sisters

Ah. You must be revealing your position here. Further, in your obsession with Henin, you illogically assume criticism of her must be the result of a reaction to another matter. You really need.....well, it is too late for that.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 11:37 AM
You got reading comprehension here

Mm-hmm.........

davey25
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Jie Zheng isn't a pusher.

She sure looked like one vs Henin. I dont watch Jie Zheng play often but I saw that match and almost every point was winner-winner-winner for Henin. I think the final winner tally must have been something like 40 to 3. Her shots were slow and her serve was a little puffball and Henin was smacking her around the court like a rag doll. A bagel and breadstick made sense to the tone of the match. I also think the very one sided poll on who was going to win the AO final between Henin and Serena was not Serena hating as I saw you complain about at the time (though I agree it is also an issue on this forum) but largely because of Jie Zhang's pushover game, she made Henin look that great going into the final, one cant blame people for being deceived.

Henin was made to look in unbelievable form in that match which she clearly was not in Australia as Serena, Klebyanova, and Wickmayer all exposed.

jamesblakefan#1
04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I dont watch Jie Zheng play often

Yet you know enough to call her a pusher based on one match. :rolleyes: Perfect example of how some terms (pusher, choker, ball basher, headcase) get thrown around too frequently on here by some.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Henin was made to look in unbelievable form in that match which she clearly was not in Australia as Serena, Klebyanova, and Wickmayer all exposed.

Interesting.

davey25
04-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Yet you know enough to call her a pusher based on one match. :rolleyes: Perfect example of how some terms (pusher, choker, ball basher, headcase) get thrown around too frequently on here by some.

I watched her look like a little ragdoll vs Henin still not back in top form in her comeback yet. That is enough for me. What are you saying, she is actually this agressive player with anything on her shots yet just came out and hit all these slow shots and played with total passiveness vs Henin?

TMF
04-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Since you are a dullard of the worst kind, you would not know racism when posted. Just another way your land's educational system failed to help you.

Dude, he ask you to stop being so annoying.....it's not warrant for you calling him a racist.

What kind of your educational system that teaches you to call someone a racist on the internet?:confused:

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Missing the point & flying off into illogic-ville as usual. Wozniacki--according to those with lips planted on Henin's ***--should not be able to do this to the one claimed to be on the fasttrack to slam dominance--as screamed when Henin announced her return to the game. Thanks to reality's arc bending away from fanboy dreams, Wozniacki exploited holes in the game of one (sold by aforementioned ***-kissers) as invincible.Your ignorance is boundless. And your repeated references to Henin "*** kissers" shows a real unhealthy level of hate and jealousy.
Do you realize you are going orgasmic over a single match, that was almost lost? Doesn't that seem a bit out of proportion, even for a malicious miscreant like you? For whatever reason, even a single near loss by Henin causes you to wet yourself in glee. Very sad.

A near loss does not prove or disprove anything (anymore than the occasional loss by Federer does).
It just shows that Wozniacki almost won a match. But didn't.

Some more than others, hence the reason Federer's record does not reveal many weaknesses, while Djokovic's is pockmarked with opponent opportunity. Henin--and her new game--fit the latter, which flies in the face of those on knee at the Church of Henin. Even you should have been able to pick up on this.Your joy at proclaiming how many holes Henin has in her game (even IF what you say is true) seems at odds with the resume of seven time Grand Slam winner. Perhaps you could demonstrate your vast tennis knowledge and point out where Henin has such gaping holes in her game.

On Henin's rarefied level, changes to a champion's technique and strategy may seem infinitesimally small but in a game where winning and losing may come down to a handful of points over the space of three long sets, changes are sometimes made with a single notion in mind.
These "gaping" holes you keep referring to come down to basically a subtle change in service motion, and an effort to get to net more. To hear your highly biased opinion, Henin has more flaws than a cheap diamond.

Not that anyone is expecting you to make much sense at this point, but you would have had a point--IF it was not so unnecessary for her to make dramatic changes to her game for ONE elusive slamThis is the joint decision of Carlos Rodriguez and Justine Henin.
Perhaps you can e-mail them and show them where they are totally off base here. They seem to feel these changes are necessary (but I'm sure you know best).

which can threaten to compromise her performance elsewhere, and has proved to be an exploitable game, proven more than once at the AO and recently at Miami, where the best performance at net (something Henin is now heavily incorporating as opposed to her pre-retirement period) in the Henin v. Clijsters match was delivered in the final minutes...by the anti-net wonder Clijsters.Well then consider how Kim Clijsters easily dismantled net wonder Venus Williams yesterday.

I agree that Henin, when the pressure set in, did not follow her own game plan and tried to out bash Clijsters (a losing proposition).
She has to not only adapt to a whole new approach to her game but she has to fight her instincts which have served her so well over the years.

Not easy to do, and for that alone, whether Henin winds up winning Wimbledon or not, to me she has already won. Because she has set a difficult course for herself when she didn't have to and is pursuing it (not that you will understand).

Apparently, comprehension is not your lil' buddy, if you think his Wimbledon '09 collapse was an indicator of anything other than his complete disappointment at (drum roll, please) failing to win. His job.And comprehension is a complete stranger to you if you saw any judgment from me at all in Roddick's loss at Wimbledon. He played the best player of all time to a near standstill and loss by the narrowest of margins.
No, he didn't win the big prize but only one guy ever can and this doesn't mean all the other pros are ready to slit their wrists open every time they go down in defeat. You have a weird naive notion of professional tennis.

You are a hate filled sideline jester who passes harsh judgment on players who fail to win all the time (what was your world ranking, Big Shot?).
I admire Roddick for seeing how he could improve his own game, mid career (though 98% of ATP pros would kill to be in his shoes) and pursuing that goal no matter where it takes him.

Same with Henin and you can't even comprehend this. You hate too much to see clearly.

This is not you playing park tennis, kid. He lives in the reality of professional competiton, and--like any normal professional--will feel a sense of failure if he or she loses.Other people in this thread have all noted a common thread in your posts here: an almost total lack of objectivity and tennis common sense when it comes to evaluating Justine Henin and her comeback.
The prize for her is Wimbledon but in her own words, the journey in her comeback is just as rewarding because it's all about winning (or losing) on her own terms. It must kill you to realize that she's already won, in a sense.

Amusing. This from the person with an open bloodlust for President Obama, as displayed in weekly attacks posted in Rants & Raves.As usual, your own inflated overly emotional hyperbole wrecks whatever point you might have made. It's apparent to everyone how much you seem to hate Henin (though I don't know why).
Why not just accept the fact that everyone else has picked up on...you are a sick man consumed with hate. Be careful your heart doesn't explode like a cheap novelty cigar. That would be just awful.

TMF
04-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Mm-hmm.........

Hohoho. You got reading comprehension here. No one said ANY player(let alone Henin) aren't desire to a GS. The fact is NO ONE agree with you when calling a BUST when a player makes the GS final.

Mm-hmm.........

MotherMarjorie
04-04-2010, 12:08 PM
...Of course. Only those living in the grip of a rather strong form of ignorance thinks losing--coming in in any place other than in the position of champion--would think Henin's results are good. Just as Roddick proved with his stairwell collapse after losing to Federer at the '09 Wimbledon, or McEnroe after his loss in the '84 FO final, no one in touch with their career purpose--considers runner up a succes or acceptable to any degree. Certain Henin fans have their noses so far up her ***, that they will defend her failures, even if their defense is about as realistic as the moon growing wings and flying away.
Then you must agree that Venus Williams' 2-6, 1-6 thrashing by Kim Clijsters in the Sony Ericsson finals was a monumental failure for a 5-time Wimbledon champion. Sad part about Venus is that she hasn't come back from retirement. Her game is in serious decline, not being able to beat the top-ranked women who legitimately have a chance at winning a GS singles title.

Henin, S. Williams, Clijsters and Sharapova (arguably) are the only women who are a persistent threat at any grand slam event they play. Considering Henin just returned from retirement, I think it speaks volumes for her game and her ability as a tennis professional. None of it disappointing in any way shape or form.

Mother Marjorie has spoken.

thalivest
04-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Then you must agree that Venus Williams' 2-6, 1-6 thrashing by Kim Clijsters in the Sony Ericsson finals was a monumental failure for a 5-time Wimbledon champion. Sad part about Venus is that she hasn't come back from retirement. Her game is in serious decline, not being able to beat the top-ranked women who legitimately have a chance at winning a GS singles title.

Henin, S. Williams, Clijsters and Sharapova (arguably) are the only women who are a persistent threat at any grand slam event they play. Considering Henin just returned from retirement, I think it speaks volumes for her game and her ability as a tennis professional. None of it disappointing in any way shape or form.

Mother Marjorie has spoken.

Sharapova, ROTFL!!!!! Are you actually implying Maria is more a threat than Venus. I agree Venus is in decline and her chances at this point are in doubt, but Maria is so finished it is not even funny. Venus is by far a bigger threat than Maria right now.

jamesblakefan#1
04-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I watched her look like a little ragdoll vs Henin still not back in top form in her comeback yet. That is enough for me. What are you saying, she is actually this agressive player with anything on her shots yet just came out and hit all these slow shots and played with total passiveness vs Henin?

I'm saying it takes more than one match to make such a grand generalization about a player, particularly when you don't even remember the player's name. Anyone else I'd be a little more lenient towards, but you have a history of just hauling off calling players chokers, clowns, headcases, etc. It's annoying.

And yes, Zheng is pretty aggressive, takes the ball early, her serve isn't much, but her ground strokes usually are formidable, much moreso than say Wozniacki another person you guys love to call a pusher on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHUSXf71OtY

I guess she just had a bad day a la Clijsters vs Petrova or Venus yesterday. Watching yesterday's match it'd be hard to think Venus was a top 50 player, let alone a 7 time slam champ. Still it's stupid how you just make a grand generalization about a player based on one match.

David L
04-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't particularly care for Henin, but I think she has done quite well so far. After a 2 year lay-off, she made the final in her 1st tournament back, but lost in a tight match. Made a Slam final in only her second event, lost another tight final. Made the semis in Miami.

Those are excellent results so early back. Just because Clijsters won the US Open, does not mean it's normal to come back after a few years off and start winning big events just like that. They have both had excellent starts. There is really not much in it when you look at the nuts and bolts. Henin had match points against Clijsters in the final of her 1st event back. She also had opportunities to win the final in Australia and had another tight encounter with Clijsters in Miami ending in a 3rd set tie-break.

What Clijsters and Henin are doing so early back is highly unusual. If you look at most players that come back after a long break, it takes a lot longer to get up to speed than these two have taken. After only 4 events, Henin is already in the top 25. That's nothing to sneeze at.

MotherMarjorie
04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Sharapova, ROTFL!!!!! Are you actually implying Maria is more a threat than Venus. I agree Venus is in decline and her chances at this point are in doubt, but Maria is so finished it is not even funny. Venus is by far a bigger threat than Maria right now.
There is a reason Mother Marjorie placed "arguably" beside Sharapova's name. I don't think Venus is more of a threat at the GS events than Sharapova at the present.

However, Sharapova has youth to her advantage. She will win GS titles once again, given that shoulder holds up.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
There is a reason Mother Marjorie placed "arguably" beside Sharapova's name. I don't think Venus is more of a threat at the GS events than Sharapova at the present.

...including Wimbledon?

She will win GS titles once again, given that shoulder holds up.

I doubt it. sh was never so physically gifted in the first place, and injury + age for her kind of form and style is not a promising mix.

thalivest
04-04-2010, 01:02 PM

However, Sharapova has youth to her advantage. She will win GS titles once again, given that shoulder holds up.

Venus is by far a bigger threat for Wimbledon, the Australian, and U.S Opens right now than Sharapova. Neither have a prayer to do anything at the French right now. I dont give Venus much chance at all of of actually winning a non Wimbledon now, but she is still a much bigger threat at the 2 hard court slams than Maria.

As for the future well of course Maria has more potential years but I really think she is done as far as winning slams. Her shoulder has been damaged to the point it is becoming evident her game and talents are very simplistic and have already maxed out.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-04-2010, 01:47 PM
your repeated references to Henin "*** kissers" shows a real unhealthy level of hate and jealousy.

This from the person with a clear and dangerous hatred of President Obama, repeated weekly in Rants & Raves. You are an emotional train wreck and if you end up on a watch list, or in prison, no one here will be surprised.

It just shows that Wozniacki almost won a match. But didn't.

No, boy. It illustrates your loving praise of Henin's game--if realistic--would manifest itself in Henin not be threatened by Wozniacki at all. This is the time-proven error of lifiting a player (Henin in the case of certain creatures around here) to God-like levels, only to have the fantasy dashed to pieces.

Your joy at proclaiming how many holes Henin has in her game (even IF what you say is true) seems at odds with the resume of seven time Grand Slam winner.

How thick are you? You do realize we are talking about the new, "win Wimbledon" game that has been so challenged, right? No...of course you do not, because you had to refer to something inapplicable to the current situation.

Go figure.

These "gaping" holes you keep referring to come down to basically a subtle change in service motion, and an effort to get to net more.

Try as you will, you will never convince anyone that Henin's singleminded focus for such a slam only requires subtle changes. There would be little reason for Henin's camp (or those in tennis media) to mention it if it were as insignificant as you are suggesting. Clearly, Henin's changes are leading to the likes of Kleybanova (not exactly a sensation) nearly taking her out of the AO, means there are holes to exploit, as stated long ago.

Well then consider how Kim Clijsters easily dismantled net wonder Venus Williams yesterday. \

As noted in another thread, Venus needs to focus on the one event where its surface still suits her body, and her skills are all but invincible against all but her sister: Wimbledon. Itis not secret age is catching up to Venus, so like twilight-career Sampras, she needs to target the events she's most likely to win, before that additional injury, or that additional turn of the calendar page sends her out of the sport.

I agree that Henin, when the pressure set in, did not follow her own game plan and tried to out bash Clijsters (a losing proposition).
She has to not only adapt to a whole new approach to her game but she has to fight her instincts which have served her so well over the years.

...and if the new game fails at Wimbledon? Will she--after failure to win it with the old and new game--say it was worth it?

No, he didn't win the big prize but only one guy ever can and this doesn't mean all the other pros are ready to slit their wrists open every time they go down in defeat. You have a weird naive notion of professional tennis.

[quote]You are a hate filled sideline jester who passes harsh judgment on players who fail to win all the time (what was your world ranking, Big Shot?).

You are a hate-filled zealot with dangerous leanings who passes harsh judgement on a politician (and party) who fail to act or institute policy like your Right Wing Gods, or following (God forbid) your own warped sense of managing the United States. So, what is your political experience granting you the right to spout off your typical inanities, Big Shot?

The mirror is quite fun, but as too many have noted about your pathetic ***, you are not quite normal, have been handled by the TT mods due to your behavior in the past. To top it all off, if you keep up this dangerous behavior, yo will gain antother distinction: the first TT member known for being recognized as a threat to the President.

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-04-2010, 02:22 PM
This from the person with a clear and dangerous hatred of President Obama
repeated weekly in Rants & Raves. You are an emotional train wreck and if you end up on a watch list, or in prison, no one here will be surprised.This is a new and low paranoid sidetrack even for you. Are you claiming now I somehow threaten the president?:)
I wish our slander laws were stronger. You would have an interesting time proving that one and I guess dissent is now officially not patriotic anymore.

Check yourself into a mental ward.

No, boy. It illustrates your loving praise of Henin's game--if realistic--would manifest itself in Henin not be threatened by Wozniacki at all. This is the time-proven error of lifiting a player (Henin in the case of certain creatures around here) to God-like levels, only to have the fantasy dashed to pieces.Well...boy, this is crazy and anybody with the slightest knowledge of tennis would disagree with your craziness. If this were so upsets would be an unheard of thing and a supremely inconsistent and out of shape player like Marcus Bahgdatis would never beat a world's best player like Roger Federer. Lower ranked players regularly threaten (we aren't even discussing a loss here) higher ranked ones.
You simply are a nut job.

How thick are you? You do realize we are talking about the new, "win Wimbledon" game that has been so challenged, right? No...of course you do not, because you had to refer to something inapplicable to the current situation.

Go figure.I've already asked you to detail the numerous holes in her game. Or do you just want to engage in unfounded speculation in place of actual knowledge?

Try as you will, you will never convince anyone that Henin's singleminded focus for such a slam only requires subtle changes. There would be little reason for Henin's camp (or those in tennis media) to mention it if it were as insignificant as you are suggesting. Clearly, Henin's changes are leading to the likes of Kleybanova (not exactly a sensation) nearly taking her out of the AO, means there are holes to exploit, as stated long ago.So once again I ask you to list those extensive and numerous flaws in her newly retooled game. Either you know or you don't.
It looks like you don't and your prejudiced blather should be seen as that. But even if she weren't a flawless player with no signs of weakness anywhere...so what? Who is? And how does this take away from what she is attempting to do?

You really are totally clueless.

...and if the new game fails at Wimbledon? Will she--after failure to win it with the old and new game--say it was worth it?You have to ask Henin (not that she would listen to scum like you).

You are a hate-filled zealot with dangerous leanings who passes harsh judgement on a politician (and party) who fail to act or institute policy like your Right Wing Gods, or following (God forbid) your own warped sense of managing the United States. So, what is your political experience granting you the right to spout off your typical inanities, Big Shot?

The mirror is quite fun, but as too many have noted about your pathetic ***, you are not quite normal, have been handled by the TT mods due to your behavior in the past. To top it all off, if you keep up this dangerous behavior, yo will gain antother distinction: the first TT member known for being recognized as a threat to the President.Ted Kaczynski?.... Is that you?

Speaking of not being quite right, this rant seems truly disturbed. I admit, it gives me great pleasure knowing that simply expressing an opposing political viewpoint seems to have pushed you into the nut house (and don't think I won't consider this in the future) but to be honest, I don't think you had to travel very far.

Yet again you accuse me of being a danger to the president. I await the arrival of the Black Helicopters and my fifteen minutes of fame for being led away by the FBI as the guy who said at TT that he doesn't like the way the president is ruining the country.

Dissent isn't patriotic, I see. You are a lunatic braying *** and you are just that much closer to having your heart explode on you. Such a pity.

Joe Pike
04-04-2010, 02:35 PM

But you have to admit that the worst racists in tennis forums unsually are those rabid Williams fanatics!

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
But you have to admit that the worst racists in tennis forums unsually are those rabid Williams fanatics!

Joe, to be quite frank, in a perfect world (yeah, too late for that) race, image and other irrelevant social data would not factor into discussions on tennis players--paricularly female players, but even if you don't admit it, you know there are genuine racists on this board--not hecklerss just trying to start crap, but the real deal. Now imagine if their posts never existed. How would the average Williams-related thread really go? Just sticking to the relevant?

rovex
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
It's ironic how THUNDERVOLLEY points out the physical remarks aimed towards his William Sisters yet he goes himself and makes fun of other players looks (Murray). I'll try and find the quote.

Joe Pike
04-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Joe, to be quite frank, in a perfect world (yeah, too late for that) race, image and other irrelevant social data would not factor into discussions on tennis players--paricularly female players, but even if you don't admit it, you know there are genuine racists on this board--not hecklerss just trying to start crap, but the real deal. Now imagine if their posts never existed. How would the average Williams-related thread really go? Just sticking to the relevant?

95 % of people who criticise Serena are no racists.

If a white girl behaved like Serena she would be virtually dead by now.
The Williams sisters get away with a lot ONLY because they are black and many Americans feel guilty towards blacks (slavery, segregation etc.).

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I wish our slander laws were stronger. You would have an interesting time proving that one and I guess dissent is now officially not patriotic anymore.

Your dangerous *** proves your pathological hatred toward the president on a weekly basis. You are obsessed, and that long-delayed rubber room may not contain your hell-born hatred for Obama.

In short, watch list: here comes Enlightened Coelacanth.

If this were so upsets would be an unheard of thing and a supremely inconsistent and out of shape player like Marcus Bahgdatis would never beat a world's best player like Roger Federer.

More evidence you skip over the relevant: Henin's "win Wimbldon" game was challenged by one who should not have the ability to d so; Baggy actually has well regarded skills, which he has proven over his career--Keybanova has not. She's nothing more than your basic basher--which according to the Henin obsessed--Henin is just "too superior" to be challenged by, no matter what game she's employing.

I've already asked you to detail the numerous holes in her game. Or do you just want to engage in unfounded speculation in place of actual knowledge?

I know you have been accused of eing a habitual liar around here, but at least take "lazy" off of your mile-long list of personal failings. The holes were referred to. Read them--or not.

You have to ask Henin (not that she would listen to scum like you).

...or a potential threat like you, Mr. Danger.

Speaking of not being quite right, this rant seems truly disturbed. I admit, it gives me great pleasure knowing that simply expressing an opposing political viewpoint seems to have pushed you into the nut house (and don't think I won't consider this in the future) but to be honest, I don't think you had to travel very far.

The beauty of this is that everyone here knows about the reality of your psychologically ramshackled Right Wing rants, which do not aid bringing issues to the table likea rational person--no, you simply seek new ways to demonize and rail against the Presdent, with each new comment or thread buliding your ever-so deep file.

Oh, and cry me a river with your complaints, since your proven, recorded history around here illustrates you as being a creature who loves to flame, post open hatred and trolling against many a member, then whine and cry foul when others point out the painfully obvious about you.

Boo hoo, bad boy.

Joe Pike
04-05-2010, 11:09 AM
It's ironic how THUNDERVOLLEY points out the physical remarks aimed towards his William Sisters yet he goes himself and makes fun of other players looks (Murray). I'll try and find the quote.

Just imagine if Sharapova, Henin or Graf looked like Serena.
Thundervolley would kill them here ...

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 11:10 AM

We are talking about racism, as addressed to Joe. But regarding looks, I never said I did not make such comments, but here's a penny, Captain Alias of a Regular. Buy a clue.

rovex
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Just imagine if Sharapova, Henin or Graf looked like Serena.
Thundervolley would kill them here ...

If he's going to make fun of someone then fine. But please don't point out others remarks towards his favorite players looks because then that of course makes you a hypocrite as well as intellectually inept.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
95 % of people who criticise Serena are no racists.

Tonya Harding was blasted for the Kerrigan incident--one where real (not imagined) violence occured. She hardly suffered, as she was allowed to have a cottage industry based on her act, sex tape and the noise surrounding the latter. To this day, she has been interviewed about any number of subjects, and had a second career, while she's celebrated as a "bad girl" acros the pop cultural landscape, yet no one screams for her head.

The Williams sisters get away with a lot ONLY because they are black and many Americans feel guilty towards blacks (slavery, segregation etc.).

So you're saying there's no justification for the guilt remaining in present day society?

Joe Pike
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Tonya Harding was blasted for the Kerrigan incident--one where real (not imagined) violence occured. She hardly suffered, as she was allowed to have a cottage industry based on her act, sex tape and the noise surrounding the latter. To this day, she has been interviewed about any number of subjects, yet no one screams for her head.

So you're saying there's no justification for the guilt remaining in present day society?

No, I'm not saying this.
What I'm saying is that the Williams sisters get away with a lot because many Americans feel guilt towards blacks due to US history.

rovex
04-05-2010, 11:22 AM
But regarding looks, I never said I did not make such comments.

Thank you for confirming to us that you are indeed a hypocrite.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 11:37 AM
No, I'm not saying this.
What I'm saying is that the Williams sisters get away with a lot because many Americans feel guilt towards blacks due to US history.

Venus is another matter altogether as one would be hard pressed to list some genuinely glaring behavior, but Serena was blasted for the USO '09 incident, from certain segments of the tennis fanbase, to commetators and writers such as Jason Whitlock to name only one.

We need perspective on who gets a free pass when it comes to race, and all one needs to do is look at the treatment of MLB's McGwire and Barry Bonds; the former was repeatedly given the benefit of the doubt during this entire steroids scandal--even after his infamous refusal to testify, yet Bonds was hit with the full media swarm--with innumerable media faces (whether they were sports reporters or not) acussing him of every misdeed in the MLB/drugs book--never granting the same space of reasonable doubt enjoyed by McGwire. Even today, McGwire has a new career and issued a short ESPN "statement," but after proven lies (which Bonds is blasted for) he has never suffered the near universal character destruction experienced by Bonds.

What is the diffference?

Both allegedly lied about the use of steroids.

Some Bonds former associates claim he was a conscious and habitual user.

McGwire's own brother (and others) claim he was a conscious and habitual user.

Both are accused of damaging the sport of baseball and cheating to obtain historic records...yet the treatment by the media and among many in the fanbase is screamingly different.

Why?

TMF
04-05-2010, 11:45 AM

THUNDERVOLLEY said nasty things to other players too, not just Murray. His remarks about Ivanovic was disgusting that the mod had to deleted his posts.

DRII
04-05-2010, 11:49 AM
No, I'm not saying this.

How naive of you!

And wht exactly have 'they' (since you and others refuse to recognize that we are speaking of two distinct individuals here) gotten away with?

I see no favorable treatment of either Williams sister.

As a matter of fact, being that they are the two greatest American women tennis players of their generation (or female athletes in general) - much of the time the treatment of Serena or Venus seems quite lacking. We have seen American crowds openly cheer a non-American in favor over Venus and/or Serena. I highly doubt this would happen in any other nation against a native player, yet it has happened to both Williams sisters!

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 11:54 AM
THUNDERVOLLEY said nasty things to other players too, not just Murray. His remarks about Ivanovic was disgusting that the mod had to deleted his posts.

You have already been exposed in several threads as a girl who trolls with your incessant Williams hate, and have had many posts deleted. Care to wonder why, little one?

DRII
04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Thank you for confirming to us that you are indeed a hypocrite.

Race is more than just a subjective asthetic. There is a clear difference judging how someone 'looks' vs discriminating on race. Not saying either is right, but the distinction is significant.

When has someone made a derogatory statement because of Murray's race? I have never seen this.

Now many have commented on his teeth etc.

TMF
04-05-2010, 12:05 PM
You have already been exposed in several threads as a girl who trolls with your incessant Williams hate, and have had many posts deleted. Care to wonder why, little one?

No! I said Serena was WRONG about her behavior at the 2009 USO and 2009 FO b/c of her outburst. Thatís has nothing to do with hate. Thatís my opinion and is shared by most fans in here.

You? Calling Ivanovic for having **** up teeth, or trash Sharapova for signing 70 million contract with nike. WHY??? That can only explain hatred b/c thereís no warrant for it.

Joe Pike
04-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Venus is another matter altogether as one would be hard pressed to list some genuinely glaring behavior, but Serena was blasted for the USO '09 incident, from certain segments of the tennis fanbase, to commetators and writers such as Jason Whitlock to name only one.

We need perspective on who gets a free pass when it comes to race, and all one needs to do is look at the treatment of MLB's McGwire and Barry Bonds; the former was repeatedly given the benefit of the doubt during this entire steroids scandal--even after his infamous refusal to testify, yet Bonds was hit with the full media swarm--with innumerable media faces (whether they were sports reporters or not) acussing him of every misdeed in the MLB/drugs book--never granting the same space of reasonable doubt enjoyed by McGwire. Even today, McGwire has a new career and issued a short ESPN "statement," but after proven lies (which Bonds is blasted for) he has never suffered the near universal character destruction experienced by Bonds.

What is the diffference?

Both are accused of damaging the sport of baseball and cheating to obtain historic records...yet the treatment by the media and among many in the fanbase is screamingly different.

Why?

Well, I don't know anything about basketball so I can't comment on Messrs. Bond and McGuire.

rovex
04-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Race is more than just a subjective asthetic. There is a clear difference judging how someone 'looks' vs discriminating on race. Not saying either is right, but the distinction is significant.

When has someone made a derogatory statement because of Murray's race? I have never seen this.

Now many have commented on his teeth etc.

I clearly stated in my previous post that thundervolley made a statement towards how Murray looked when he himself defends the WS when someone made a statement "Serena has a fat ***". This has nothing to do with race, so do not bring in something which was never stated.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM

Excellent points...though some are completely devoid of understanding how negative racial treatment or distinction is not in the same conversation as "looks" in the non-racial sense, though some will sit 'n' spin their posts as though they are related, as seen earlier.

[quote]When has someone made a derogatory statement because of Murray's race? I have never seen this..

Another wise point; who else inspires routine comments on their appearance based on racist ideology? However we have witnessed endless threads where "gorilla," and "monkey" and "orangutan" type slurs have been applied to the Williams sisters.

It would be fascinating for certain TT members (in denial) try to explain the "why" such slur target the sisters.

DRII
04-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I clearly stated in my previous post that thundervolley made a statement towards how Murray looked when he himself defends the WS when someone made a statement "Serena has a fat ***". This has nothing to do with race, so do not bring in something which was never stated.

OK, I see what you're saying for the most part.

However, a thick derriere has been known to be a racial insult or play on stereotype in the past.

rovex
04-05-2010, 12:37 PM
OK, I see what you're saying for the most part.

However, a thick derriere has been known to be a racial insult or play on stereotype in the past.

Are you kidding me? If you think that's a racial insult than my word you are soo wrong. It's however ironic when someone insulting someone on their looks and then defending someone they like when another person makes a comment about their looks. it's a paradox. Which is exactly what thundervolley did and does.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
No!

Yes! You have had posts deleted because of your horrid trolling, usually ending in disgusting anti-williams rants

Yes! You have been cited and quoted with a long list of evidence revealing this behavior (and sorry, gal, but commenting on USO '09 is not enough to warrant your posts' deletion, so it was due to something far worse).

No! You do not have a point in this discussion.

Anyone surprised? No!

Joe Pike
04-05-2010, 12:41 PM
... However we have witnessed endless threads where "gorilla," and "monkey" and "orangutan" type slurs have been applied to the Williams sisters.

It would be fascinating for certain TT members (in denial) try to explain the "why" such slur target the sisters.

Those a racist remarks, of course.
About 5 percent of those who criticize Serena.
That most of those "racists" only use those remarks in order to rile Serena fans doesn't make them better.

rovex
04-05-2010, 12:46 PM
However we have witnessed endless threads where "gorilla," and "monkey" and "orangutan" type slurs have been applied to the Williams sisters.

Yeah, sure. Please find me quotes because i seriously question this statement. Even if some think this, someone with half a brain would restrain from posting these words.

TMF
04-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes! You have had posts deleted because of your horrid trolling, usually ending in disgusting anti-williams rants

Yes! You have been cited and quoted with a long list of evidence revealing this behavior (and sorry, gal, but commenting on USO '09 is not enough to warrant your posts' deletion, so it was due to something far worse).

No! You do not have a point in this discussion.

Anyone surprised? No!

You didn't address my post. How is it hate when I disapproved her bad behavior on court?
No! I said Serena was WRONG about her behavior at the 2009 USO and 2009 FO b/c of her outburst. Thatís has nothing to do with hate. Thatís my opinion and is shared by most fans in here.

You? Calling Ivanovic for having **** up teeth, or trash Sharapova for signing 70 million contract with nike. WHY??? That can only explain hatred b/c thereís no warrant for it.

*Why did you bash Maria for signing $70 contract with Nike???
*Why did you insults Anaís look just b/c she made the SI swimsuit???

plum556
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
B]95 % of people who criticise Serena are no racists.

Where did you get that stat from? Are you just saying this to bolster your argument or do you have some sort of proof? I really don't think you even believe this yourself. Since when do White Americans feel guilty towards blacks? I see a lot of,"that was over a hundred years ago,get over it" etc. I'm sure that some do but I would in no way call this the majority.

Let's see..............There are people out there that dislike Serena because?.............. and let's not use the USO incident because most of those people hated her long before that. The reason given is because she didnt give her opponents proper credit. A lot of pro tennis players are guilty of this but rarely disliked because of it. Venus,who is the total opposite of Serena, is disliked because???????????

People are entitled to feel however they want about whomever they want but let's not abandon reality in the process.

Why do people get so touchy about the word racism? Whenever this word is mentioned, all hell breaks loose. The reality is that racism does exist and although it may be ignorant ,it is not a crime.

plum556
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM

TMF, when are you just going to admit you don't like Serena. Were you saying nice things about her before the USO incident? We all know Serena was wrong for the USO incident,did anyone say she was right? Where are you going to direct all that venom when she retires? I think you'd be going through some serious withdrawl.

plum556
04-05-2010, 02:14 PM

I like both Venus and Maria but you really need to get a grip. Venus has been playing terrible for quite some time now but no where near as bad as Maria has. I hope both Maria and Venus can get back to true form. I do agree that Maria has more chance at recovery because she's still young and Venus' window of opportunity is slowly dissappearing.

MotherMarjorie
04-05-2010, 02:22 PM

What is the diffference?

Why?
Nice attempt at the race card, but you failed miserably.

The difference between Bonds and McGuire is that Barry Bonds is under multiple federal indictments for lying under oath to a federal grand jury about his steroid use. After stating he never used steroids, he continued to play baseball. McGuire didn't.

McGuire simply refused to answer the question which kept him out of legal jeopardy, but never stated he didn't use performance enhancing drugs. The media and sportsworld never gave him a pass on it.

Barry Bonds is stupid and narcassistic, and for that, the media and fans gave him a much needed kick in the ***.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah, sure. Please find me quotes because i seriously question this statement. Even if some think this, someone with half a brain would restrain from posting these words.

You must be joking.

First, a few examples, one in this thread, where the "gorilla" comment was posted by one " Chez Uno" and is quoted twice on the page:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4531197&highlight=gorilla#post4531197

Next, post #70:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4152771&highlight=gorilla#post4152771

Next....post #26;
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=287717&highlight=gorilla&page=2

Now, let's avoid being cute and pretend the comments are somehow free of the influence of centuries of the racial reference to apes, and let's not issue excuses, pretending it was about SW being "tough," or "manly" because no one called the very muscular and forceful Stosur or the not so feminine Mauresmo "gorillas," "orangutans" or anything remotely related. There is a reason for that, so avoid the game playing.

West Coast Ace
04-05-2010, 02:42 PM

The difference between Bonds and McGuire is that Barry Bonds is under multiple federal indictments for lying under oath to a federal grand jury about his steroid use. After stating he never used steroids, he continued to play baseball. McGuire didn't.

McGuire simply refused to answer the question which kept him out of legal jeopardy, but never stated he didn't use performance enhancing drugs. The media and sportsworld never gave him a pass on it.

Barry Bonds is stupid and narcassistic, and for that, the media and fans gave him a much needed kick in the ***.Well said. And many in the media have ripped McGuire for his 'I don't want to talk about it' stance. In addition to your points, Bonds gets more because a) he broke a sacred record using steroids; b) his overall surely attitude for his entire career. Karma's 'tough'....

Joe Pike
04-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Where did you get that stat from? ...
Let's see..............There are people out there that dislike Serena because? ...

The 95 % of non-racist Serena critics is an educated guess.

There are people out there who dislike Serena because of
a) the USO 09 incident,
b) her trying to stare down opponents and umpires,
c) her open arrogance towards other players,
d) her excuses after losses ("many lucky shots" etc.),
e) her dad,
f) her taste in clothes,
g) her screaming,
h) her allegedly ungraceful style of play.

I like her, though.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
You didn't address my post. How is it hate when I disapproved her bad behavior on court?

Your post was irrelevant to the discussion, and i'm not here to act as your doctor trying to determine why you have an obsessive fangirl lust with Sharapova and Ivanovic, or whilewe're at it, a very disturbing hatred of Serena (poven in too many threads to list) because your every post about them comes off as swimming on the cracked side of the pool.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
TMF, when are you just going to admit you don't like Serena.

TMF still believes everyone else sees the torrential flood of posts as objective, reasoned opinion free of her deep issues.

Where are you going to direct all that venom when she retires? I think you'd be going through some serious withdrawl.

Should be interesting to see.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Ever the incorrect one. Reasons:

Wrong. The anti-Bonds crusade predates the indictments, while the reaction to McGwire's "i'm not here to talk about the past" dodge was a clear avoidance of the truth everyone else realized, yet for this kind of dodge--one routinely blasted when employed by others in society--hardly received an ideological slap on the hand.

Different treatment.

Barry Bonds is stupid and narcassistic

Not factual by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly not evidence one can use to demonize one for an alleged misdeed when two are guilty.

and for that, the media and fans gave him a much needed kick in the ***.

Biased nonsense with no basis in fact, which is not evidence of....anything.

MotherMarjorie
04-05-2010, 03:04 PM

a) the USO 09 incident,
e) her dad,
f) her taste in clothes,
g) her screaming,
h) her allegedly ungraceful style of play.

I like her, though.
MJF interviewed Serena in the crowd during the Sony Ericsson Open finals between the first and second set of the Clijsters-V. Williams match. Clijsters had just won the opening set 6-2. When Serena was asked what she thought of the match, she said, "...its a lot closer than what the score indicates, just a few points here or there."

Clijsters went on to win 6-2, 6-1.

MotherMarjorie
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Ever the incorrect one. Reasons:

Wrong. The anti-Bonds crusade predates the indictments, while the reaction to McGwire's "i'm not here to talk about the past" dodge was a clear avoidance of the truth everyone else realized, yet for this kind of dodge--one routinely blasted when employed by others in society--hardly received an ideological slap on the hand.

Different treatment.

Not factual by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly not evidence one can use to demonize one for an alleged misdeed when two are guilty.

Biased nonsense with no basis in fact, which is not evidence of....anything.
Barry Bonds is charged with FOURTEEN counts of PERJURY and one count of obstruction of justice, related to his grand jury testimony concerning his steroid use.

Mark McGuire isn't under federal indictment because he didn't break the law.

Your incessant whining about racial treatment in this instance is ridiculous because Mark McGuire knew if he lied to a Senate panel investigating steroid use in baseball, they would have charged him with perjury. He chose not to answer the question to protect himself from legal indictment.

Barry Bonds received poor legal advice. He thought he could get away with lying to a federal grand jury and continue to play baseball (which he went on to break the all-time homerun record).

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

Its amazing to me how people attempt to use the color of their skin to excuse or ignore criminal behavior. You probably think Serena's 2009 US Open tirade was blown out of proportion as well.

I never really judged you too much on the racial issue until you chose to use Barry Bonds as your poster boy. Bad choice. Really, really poor choice.

Chris Rizutto
04-05-2010, 04:02 PM

I know you personally professa. Give her some time to get back into the game.

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Your dangerous ***...Let's just stop your babble with this memorable opening and consider, in this thread alone, how you have alienated, libeled, rubbed the wrong way, insulted, belittled (pick one) just about every one you've come into contact with. You are thankfully one of a kind, and a real Neanderthal at that.

Still carrying a torch for a chemically enhanced liar like Barry Bonds, clearly poisoning the well in racial matters (whether real or in your dysfunctional mind), and your tennis knowledge must be as close to zero as possible. It's a wonder you wound up here at TT but perhaps your court mandated therapist suggested it.

I have called lots of posters crazy (as have others) but you honestly may clinically qualify as a real honest to God nut job. Next time I post yet another anti Obama message I will be thinking of you. Thanks for the motivation.

TMF
04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
TMF, when are you just going to admit you don't like Serena. Were you saying nice things about her before the USO incident? We all know Serena was wrong for the USO incident,did anyone say she was right? Where are you going to direct all that venom when she retires? I think you'd be going through some serious withdrawl.

A few weeks ago Djokovic was acting very annoying b/c of his short temper on court. I disapprove his behavior that day. Now does that qualify to say I dislike Nole? Didnít think so.

You(and thundervolley) need to distinguish between DISLIKE and APPROVAL. Can you do that?

And....

*Why did thundervolley bash Maria for signing $70 contract with Nike???
*Why did thundervolley insults Anaís look just b/c she made the SI swimsuit???

You didn't address him. Giving him a pass now?

TMF
04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Your post was irrelevant to the discussion, and i'm not here to act as your doctor trying to determine why you have an obsessive fangirl lust with Sharapova and Ivanovic, or whilewe're at it, a very disturbing hatred of Serena (poven in too many threads to list) because your every post about them comes off as swimming on the cracked side of the pool.

Oh yeah, I must respect everything Serena did wrong on court last year, otherwise Iím a hater. Do you realize who ridiculous that sounds?
I like Ana and Maria b/c they are hot! Nothing wrong with that. CAPICHE!

And....

A few weeks ago Djokovic was acting very annoying b/c of his short temper on court. I disapprove his behavior that day. Now does that qualify to say I dislike Nole? Didnít think so.

You need to distinguish between DISLIKE and APPROVAL. Can you do that?

And....

*Why did you bash Maria for signing $70 contract with Nike???
*Why did you insults Anaís look just b/c she made the SI swimsuit???

Is this what you call LOVE?:rolleyes:

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah, I must respect everything Serena did wrong on court last year, otherwise Iím a hater.

Your history of astoundingly negative comments on this board brands you as a hater, not commenting on the USO incident alone.

You have serious issues, hence:

This has been noted here and in other threads, so if you still wish to live in denial, go right ahead, girlie....but even you have to know everyone knows what your agenda is by now.

Now, you can show some self control by not responding with the usual over the top internet theatrics you engage in.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Let's just stop your babble with this memorable opening and consider, in this thread alone, how you have alienated, libeled, rubbed the wrong way, insulted, belittled (pick one) just about every one you've come into contact with.

Keep fantasizing if this gives you comfort in your increasingly dark cell of the mind. Your record on this board is one of a disturbed boy or man who has been penalized by the mods and banned--all markers of one with no self control.

This is no coincidence, but your calling card of behavior, hence the endless arguments, insults other unacceptable behavior seen in Rants and Raves, typified by your obsessive, dangerous hatred of the President and a TT member known as heycal (among so many TT members who regularly stand on the opposite of your ill views).

It takes some effort to be banned around here, yet you have earned this distinction for good reason; as everyone here knows, you are seriously if not sadly disturbed, and continue to reveal this psychological breakdown with every new post, which walk in lockstep with a woeful ignorance of most subjects (seen repeatedly in this thread), and it must be this ignorance that fuels your fanged, slobbering dullard's reactions when exposed as the emotionally and intellectually challenged creature you are. Often, many here have been compelled to wonder if you have suffered some serious head trauma, or if you avoid much needed treatment, because no sane person posts in your manner and still qualifies as normal.

It is of little wonder you and your dangerous obsession with the president has captured interest far and wide.

rovex
04-06-2010, 01:16 AM
I like what thundervolley is doing here with the insults. Mods should really know about this.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-06-2010, 04:30 AM
I like what thundervolley is doing here with the insults. Mods should really know about this.

The mods do know...about the insults, trolling and other rules violations posted in this thread--most by a member who has been banned in the past for his ill, flame-ridden posts on the board, but continue pretending the other posts do not exist.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Barry Bonds is charged with FOURTEEN counts of PERJURY and one count of obstruction of justice, related to his grand jury testimony concerning his steroid use.

Again, your history is flawed to say the least: the anti-Bonds campaign predates the charges, and again, your biased comments (posted yesterday) are not evidence of anything.

Mark McGuire isn't under federal indictment because he didn't break the law.

This is not this issue: both men were the center of the aforementioned public and media scrutiny before the hearings, yet the perception--all along--is that Bonds was--somehow--the worst offender for the same act: using steroids for advantage/records in MLB. Again, the smoking gun is in the lap of those who blasted Bonds long before any charges--yet in the wake of McGwire clearly illustrating his guilt by dodging testifying, he was given the biggest free pass in recent sports memory.

Mark McGuire knew if he lied to a Senate panel investigating steroid use in baseball, they would have charged him with perjury. He chose not to answer the question to protect himself from legal indictment.

...and there we have it; in admitting McGwire was dodging giving testimony, you expose the reason all were aware of at the time: he was guilty of using steroids, so instead of coming clean (like the "hero" of "good character" he was painted to be), he squirmed his way out of revealing the obvious to all (again, at the time), yet this utterly dstasteful act did not lead to his dragging across the coals like pre-charge Bonds.

There is no way to spin the timeline or public/media reaction, so if you want to engage in spinning the events, that is your right, but the facts do not line up in your favor.

dropshot winner
04-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Pretty much all elite-players in the NFL, NBA and MBL are chemically enhanced. Who cares who has the most widely accepted excuse for a failed test?

deltox
04-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Again, your history is flawed to say the least: the anti-Bonds campaign predates the charges, and again, your biased comments (posted yesterday) are not evidence of anything.

This is not this issue: both men were the center of the aforementioned public and media scrutiny before the hearings, yet the perception--all along--is that Bonds was--somehow--the worst offender for the same act: using steroids for advantage/records in MLB. Again, the smoking gun is in the lap of those who blasted Bonds long before any charges--yet in the wake of McGwire clearly illustrating his guilt by dodging testifying, he was given the biggest free pass in recent sports memory.

...and there we have it; in admitting McGwire was dodging giving testimony, you expose the reason all were aware of at the time: he was guilty of using steroids, so instead of coming clean (like the "hero" of "good character" he was painted to be), he squirmed his way out of revealing the obvious to all (again, at the time), yet this utterly dstasteful act did not lead to his dragging across the coals like pre-charge Bonds.

There is no way to spin the timeline or public/media reaction, so if you want to engage in spinning the events, that is your right, but the facts do not line up in your favor.

There are 2 big differences in Mcgwire and Bonds.

1 Bonds broke the record while proclaiming innocence.
1 Bonds left for off season one year at 195 lbs and returned at 235 the next year, while mcgwire was actually a huge corn fed country boy from birth, making bonds less believeable and mcgwire more believable, although neither was telling the truth all along.

as for president, the USA, does not, nor has had, a good president since freaking Ronald Reagan. We should all be ashamed at not only the president today, but the list of canidates presented for vote in itself. the US is in bad bad shape indeed in its government.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-06-2010, 05:41 AM
There are 2 big differences in Mcgwire and Bonds.

1 Bonds broke the record while proclaiming innocence.
1 Bonds left for off season one year at 195 lbs and returned at 235 the next year, while mcgwire was actually a huge corn fed country boy from birth, making bonds less believeable and mcgwire more believable, although neither was telling the truth all along.

Heh. The myth of the "corn fed country boy." Aside from that, see the post you quoted.

as for president, the USA, does not, nor has had, a good president since freaking Ronald Reagan. We should all be ashamed at not only the president today, but the list of canidates presented for vote in itself. the US is in bad bad shape indeed in its government.

Re: Reagan--why don't you post your thoughts on why you think R.R. was the last, good president in Rants and Raves; i'm familiar with the opinion of others on Reagan, but i've heard just as many strong arguments in favor of FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy, et al.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-06-2010, 05:47 AM
By the way, dear rovex, yesterday, you asked...

...and links were posted...

You must be joking.

First, a few examples, one in this thread, where the "gorilla" comment was posted by one " Chez Uno" and is quoted twice on the page:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...la#post4531197

Next, post #70:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...la#post4152771

Next....post #26;
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...gorilla&page=2

Now, let's avoid being cute and pretend the comments are somehow free of the influence of centuries of the racial reference to apes, and let's not issue excuses, pretending it was about SW being "tough," or "manly" because no one called the very muscular and forceful Stosur or the not so feminine Mauresmo "gorillas," "orangutans" or anything remotely related. There is a reason for that, so avoid the game playing.

You completely dismissed the idea of anyone posting such slurs, yet they exist.

So much for your theory about what has occured on this board.

plum556
04-06-2010, 10:16 AM

a) the USO 09 incident,
e) her dad,
f) her taste in clothes,
g) her screaming,
h) playher allegedly ungraceful style of .

I like her, though.

I respect your opinions Joe but you have to do a little better than that. Unless this board is much different than the general public I'd have to disagree with that 95%. Many of those things that you have mentioned can be attributed to quite a few pro tennis players. I can see how some people would dislike Serena after the USO but I still stand by my thoughts that many disliked her long before that.

TMF
04-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I respect your opinions Joe but you have to do a little better than that. Unless this board is much different than the general public I'd have to disagree with that 95%. Many of those things that you have mentioned can be attributed to quite a few pro tennis players. I can see how some people would dislike Serena after the USO but I still stand by my thoughts that many disliked her long before that.

Which is true. Many don't like her b/c of her past history of not giving credits to the players he lost. She wasn't a gracious loser or being classy toward the players. You forgot to mentioned the 09 FO. How convenient.;)

skiracer55
04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Perhaps to keep up with the rest of the field? Which, according to experts, is not that great....:)

...Carlos Rodriguez is a good coach, and he's trying to get Justine to do some new and different stuff in her comeback so she isn't giving the other players the same old look. As in, a more compact backswing on her forehand (potentially more precision, fewer errors, more power), a different service motion...which I *think* is heading in the direction of more power, and more time at the net. Her game as it was when she left was good enough to win the French and US; since then, the other players have moved on, and she needs to step it up, too...

rovex
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
By the way, dear rovex, yesterday, you asked...

...and links were posted...

You completely dismissed the idea of anyone posting such slurs, yet they exist.

So much for your theory about what has occured on this board.

Seeking more attention? Generalizing more i see. Shall i post how many slurs you've made in 1 page using the search tool?

rovex
04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I myself wouldn't consider Henin's comeback a disappointment, although for sure it hasn't been as successful as Clijsters.

Joe Pike
04-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I myself wouldn't consider Henin's comeback a disappointment, although for sure it hasn't been as successful as Clijsters.

If Henin wins FO her comeback would be more successful than Clijsters'.
One slam final and one slam win - Clijsters wasn't able to deliver that.

rovex
04-06-2010, 11:51 AM

I agree. She should manage to win the FO if she can manage to make the final at the AO.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-06-2010, 11:58 AM

You know what? I will on record as saying I somewhat agree with this, but from her perspective, the main reason for her return is to win Wimbledon, and despite the value of her hypothetically winning another slam (FO), if she does not get W, will she think her comeback was/is more successful? Particularly since Clijsters has not made such a hard statement about any individual slam (meaning any slam win is a plus for her)?

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Which is true. Many don't like her b/c of her past history of not giving credits to the players he lost. She wasn't a gracious loser or being classy toward the players. You forgot to mentioned the 09 FO. How convenient.;)

TMF, an honest question: why do you think players in competition owe the winning opponent anything? When one loses, the other...the victor...has all of the compliments he or she could ask for: he or she did the job they are paid to do. In this regard, when some TT members think Federer has been less than gracious to those he's lost to, or Serena the same, what does it matter? Like it or not, tennis matches are a battle, not an exhibition, charity event or friendly park match. So, why care if the loser does not give any nod to the winner?

plum556
04-06-2010, 03:13 PM

You(and thundervolley) need to distinguish between DISLIKE and APPROVAL. Can you do that?

And....

*Why did thundervolley bash Maria for signing $70 contract with Nike???
*Why did thundervolley insults Anaís look just b/c she made the SI swimsuit???

You didn't address him. Giving him a pass now?

First off,I am not Thundervolley and therefore cannot speak for him. You and I both know that you make negative remarks about Serena whenever humanly possible. You can find a way to bring Serena into the conversation no matter what the thread is about. I was just looking at a thread about Federer and guess what .........You were the lone soldier who found a way to drag Serena into it. Sound familiar? I could care less if you like Serena or not, she's not paying any of my bills. I just can't understand what is so hard about you admitting you don't like her.

Alright TMf.........repeat after me.............. I.....Don't........Like......Serena.

Now was that so hard?

deltox
04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Heh. The myth of the "corn fed country boy." Aside from that, see the post you quoted.

Re: Reagan--why don't you post your thoughts on why you think R.R. was the last, good president in Rants and Raves; i'm familiar with the opinion of others on Reagan, but i've heard just as many strong arguments in favor of FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy, et al.

its no myth, mark mcgwire as a freshman in college was well over 6 foot and over 20o pounds, while barry bonds first year in the majors he was 60 pounds lighter than his current weight.

mcgwire gained about 20 pounds in his major league career while bonds gained well over 50. he actually was a corn fed country boy, no matter what happened after the bigs entrance.

as for reagan, its simple for me, instead of war, he blew up the guys house stopping the conflict =)

plum556
04-06-2010, 03:48 PM

The world according to TMF.............Serena is the only player who did not give proper credit to players after a loss. Most people can't very objective when they don't like someone.

Why in god's name would you bring up the '09 French open? Martinez-Sanchez cheated and the the replay was shown to verify. Did you not see this? If it was Maria that this happened to,would you be taking the cheater's side then? I think not. You think she should have not said a word and let that ride? Put yourself in her shoes for a minute and think about how you would have reacted. It was blatant cheating......bottom line.

I don't mind debating with you TMF but that was a bit irrational.

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Keep fantasizing if this gives you comfort in your increasingly dark cell of the mind. Your record on this board is one of a disturbed boy or man who has been penalized by the mods and banned--all markers of one with no self control.This is what you constantly say but look around at some of the posts and you'll see some of the foulest language and abuse of rules imaginable.
What keeps a well known and liked poster on these boards even though he uses with some semi regularity the "c" word (a filthy reference to a woman's genitalia) when referring to others?
The fact is there is no rhyme or reason to banning and I would think advocating the death of another poster, as you have done, is as bad as anything I can think of. And yet here you remain, braying because you've never been banned as if that excuses all you do.

This is no coincidence, but your calling card of behavior, hence the endless arguments, insults other unacceptable behavior seen in Rants and Raves, typified by your obsessive, dangerous hatred of the President and a TT member known as heycal (among so many TT members who regularly stand on the opposite of your ill views).Hey, pot! Look at your own behavior before you insult others. It's well documented by others.
And I don't know what to say about your lunatic obsession with what I think of the president. If criticizing the US president were grounds for removal you and all your leftist buddies would have vanished during the Bush years.

It takes some effort to be banned around here, yet you have earned this distinction for good reason; as everyone here knows, you are seriously if not sadly disturbed, and continue to reveal this psychological breakdown with every new post, which walk in lockstep with a woeful ignorance of most subjects (seen repeatedly in this thread), and it must be this ignorance that fuels your fanged, slobbering dullard's reactions when exposed as the emotionally and intellectually challenged creature you are.:roll: What did you say? I couldn't concentrate because the Hypocrisy Meter was going crazy during this last bit.
How you have the guts to complain about the behavior of others is a wonder.

Often, many here have been compelled to wonder if you have suffered some serious head trauma, or if you avoid much needed treatment, because no sane person posts in your manner and still qualifies as normal.You should know about unbalanced behavior. You display it in spades.

It is of little wonder you and your dangerous obsession with the president has captured interest far and wide.:) So I'm famous now for being the guy that doesn't approve of the president?

It's dangerous? It's an obsession? It's captured interest far and wide for this? And you insist you aren't sadly mentally unbalanced?

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Yes, EC, I do think you have a dangerous obsession with Obama (which is known around this board and beyond), as you are (apparently) driven to posted fits ultimately boiling down to a kind of "WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE (fill in the propaganda) ABOUT HIM?!? DAMN IT!!!! HE'S A THREAT TO US ALLLLL!!!!!" rant.

...which is obsessive in nature when this becomes your daily and/or weekly crusade. From claims he's disregarding--essentially wiping his *** with the constitution, to rants of his not being an American citizen (with no hard evidence presented yet, and a near total absence of GOP support), to wild charges that he's a genuine socialist, to innumerabe Obama actions, your feelings clearly moved beyond mere ideological differences/dissent to your overt shows of truly despising every particle of the man, and are quite desperate to see him removed from power. Historically, that kind of unstable behavior has walked in lockstep with many grim incidents on many levels.

Yes, we know you will deny this--most over-the-top ideologues do--yet the obsession and hate remain a daily fixture of the TT boards.

shell
04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh, good grief. I leave the boards for a few months, and look...all is still the same. Thundervolley has the most posts in a Justine thread - I really think he secretly loves her :)

And, no, I don't think there is anything wrong with Henin. She will settle in to her place, with or without the "new" game, and be a force on the tour for a few years to come. Let's just enjoy it while it lasts - this time around. You too Thundervolley...enjoy Justine bashing again! I think it must be your favorite hobby. And yes, I am egging you on. :) You are actually, sometimes, not half bad.

BTW, Thundervolley, what's up with your girls injuries? I half way think she is saving herself for a big push on the clay courts - with the ultimate challenge of winning the FO with Justine in the draw. She can't do any worse than last years clay season.

Joe Pike
04-07-2010, 09:29 PM
TMF, an honest question: why do you think players in competition owe the winning opponent anything? When one loses, the other...the victor...has all of the compliments he or she could ask for: he or she did the job they are paid to do. In this regard, when some TT members think Federer has been less than gracious to those he's lost to, or Serena the same, what does it matter? Like it or not, tennis matches are a battle, not an exhibition, charity event or friendly park match. So, why care if the loser does not give any nod to the winner?

A nod towards the winner is not necessary.
But almost ALWAYS excusing a loss with bad luck, with an injury, with having an off-form day, with a bad umpire etc. is classless. Period.

Joe Pike
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
First off,I am not Thundervolley and therefore cannot speak for him. You and I both know that you make negative remarks about Serena whenever humanly possible. You can find a way to bring Serena into the conversation no matter what the thread is about. I was just looking at a thread about Federer and guess what .........You were the lone soldier who found a way to drag Serena into it. Sound familiar? I could care less if you like Serena or not, she's not paying any of my bills. I just can't understand what is so hard about you admitting you don't like her.

Alright TMf.........repeat after me.............. I.....Don't........Like......Serena.

Many don't like Serena.
And Serena gives them ample reason.

plum556
04-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Many don't like Serena.
And Serena gives them ample reason.

As I have already stated, people are entitled to like or dislike whomever they want. TMF happens to go a little overboard sometimes and does'nt want to admit he does'nt like Serena. I just wanted to see if he would just finally admit it. When people say they don't like Serena for USO incident,I just read and keep going. When they start making remarks that I feel are somehow embellished or biased IMO, I respond. Right,wrong or indifferent, I am just letting my feelings be known. Is that fair enough?

TMF even manged to find a way to make Serena the bad guy in FO incident. I just call it as I see it.

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Yes, EC, I do think you have a dangerous obsession with Obama, etc. Blah blah blahThis belongs in another part of TT but my "dangerous obsession" with Obama is no different from yours for our previous occupant of the White House, and if you insist I'm fairly certain I could dig up many posts of yours proving this is so.

However you will never find a post that I wrote where I go off the deep end, both mentally and emotionally, taking you to task for you political views (no matter how asinine and insipid).
There is no clearer example of your precarious mental state.

TMF
04-08-2010, 06:51 AM
As I have already stated, people are entitled to like or dislike whomever they want. TMF happens to go a little overboard sometimes and does'nt want to admit he does'nt like Serena. I just wanted to see if he would just finally admit it. When people say they don't like Serena for USO incident,I just read and keep going. When they start making remarks that I feel are somehow embellished or biased IMO, I respond. Right,wrong or indifferent, I am just letting my feelings be known. Is that fair enough?

TMF even manged to find a way to make Serena the bad guy in FO incident. I just call it as I see it.

What I've said are all facts and it's true. You think I went overboard can only means you want to cut Serena some slack. I've already told you that the only thing I'm against Serena is her bad behavior on court and a little(or lack thereof) class toward her peers after a loss. I'm not against her game, her looks or how she dress. Read dude!

What ever happened at the FO, you don't threaten to beat someone up later in the locker room. You don't lose your cool just b/c you lost an argument with the umpire. Capiche!

Back on topic:
Justine comeback so far has been postive results. In fact, it's more than you expected after 18 months layoff. However, we have a clown in here that think otherwise...

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Making the finals and semis of two of the biggest tournaments in all of tennis, just as you come back from an extended absence from tennis, is nothing to sneeze at. 99% of all the other WTA pros would love to be so "unsuccessful".

It's a lead pipe cinch that anyone who claims otherwise is blinded by hate and ignorant bias and all his views should be viewed in this light.

plum556
04-08-2010, 07:14 AM
What I've said are all facts and it's true. You think I went overboard can only means you want to cut Serena some slack. I've already told you that the only thing I'm against Serena is her bad behavior on court and a little(or lack thereof) class toward her peers after a loss. I'm not against her game, her looks or how she dress. Read dude!

What ever happened at the FO, you don't threaten to beat someone up later in the locker room. You don't lose your cool just b/c you lost an argument with the umpire. Capiche!

Back on topic:
Justine comeback so far has been postive results. In fact, it's more than you expected after 18 months layoff. However, we have a clown in here that think otherwise...

If you don't want to admit the things that I have stated earlier,then so be it. We are going around in circles here. I don't remember Serena saying anything about beating anyone up in the locker room. What i remember her saying was "she better not come to the net again." I do not care for Henin for reasons I feel are concrete and I don't voice them unless the subject is broached and people start to have selective memory. I did not say one bad word about Justine in this thread because I try to stay disciplined and not let posters turn me into something I am not. I have always tried to follow my late mother's advice......"If you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything at all."

As far as Justine's comeback is concerned,I believe it is far to early to make judgements at this point.

FYI....not a dude

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-08-2010, 11:23 AM
What I've said are all facts and it's true.

No, it is not, and your ideas have been debunked repeatedly as seen in the pot above.

However, we have a clown in here that think otherwise...

^ The heart of your reason for being at TT: schoolyard nonsense fueled by "oooh, please don't say anything about my tennis gods" rants, which is not an argument of any kind.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-08-2010, 11:25 AM
This belongs in another part of TT but my "dangerous obsession" with Obama is no different from.....yadda, yadda, yadda....

As predicted....denial. Whatever gets you through the Obama era, EC.

MotherMarjorie
04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
As predicted....denial. Whatever gets you through the Obama era, EC.
Mother Marjorie is confused how Thundervolley somehow brought Obama into this thread about Justine Henin? I guess Barry Bonds wasn't the best example of a positive role model for African-Americans.

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Mother Marjorie is confused how Thundervolley somehow brought Obama into this thread about Justine Henin? I guess Barry Bonds wasn't the best example of a positive role model for African-Americans.It's a natural progression for a poster who makes it his personal jihad to attack every post he disagrees with in a highly vitriolic and personalized way. What do my views on the president have to do with my views on Henin and her comeback? Or does it matter to such a poster who seems to be so venal and malicious?

I don't think it does, and I don't recall casting aspersions on his Henin "reasoning" because he obviously think Obama is the best thing since sliced bread.
Most normal people are able to compartmentalize their disagreements and not drag undue hostility from one unrelated thread to another. But that's most normal people, don't forget.

Hate for someone who disagrees on Henin will soon give way to a whole tsunami of rage and petty grievances, and soon everything is on the table (as if a pick-up truck filled with demons from his psyche gets backed up and dumped all over the thread).
Because the Henin issue alone is obviously too small to restrict such massive unreasoning anger, and everything becomes fair game after that.

It's obvious that attacking someone comes well before the issues here.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Most normal people are able to compartmentalize their disagreements and not drag undue hostility from one unrelated thread to another. But that's most normal people, don't forget.

..which would exclude you, since there are no topics in R&R free of your frghtening, anti-Obama bloodlust--even when the topic had nothing to with the man.

Funny thing about that mirror....

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-10-2010, 05:06 PM
..which would exclude you, since there are no topics in R&R free of your frghtening, anti-Obama bloodlust--even when the topic had nothing to with the man.

Funny thing about that mirror....This has already gone on far too long but one should note that discussions about the president, your dishonest observations notwithstanding, belong in the R&R section...and not here, while trying to rationally discuss Justine Henin.

jamesblakefan#1
05-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Bumpity bump bump bump.

I know I along with others had Henin winning RG running away, so this result is definitely unexpected, and disappointing to say the least.

I said RG would be the only slam she won all year - now that she's lost, I don't think she has a shot at Wimby or the USO. The bonehead aggressive gameplan is not working, unless she reevaluates things she will continue to have dissapointing results like this.

davey25
05-31-2010, 09:40 AM
She should retire again. She isnt even half the player she used to.

rovex
05-31-2010, 09:45 AM
She should retire again. She isnt even half the player she used to.

i know who you are now...anointedone....

davey25
05-31-2010, 09:46 AM

Well it looks like I was right all along.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Bumpity bump bump bump.

I know I along with others had Henin winning RG running away, so this result is definitely unexpected, and disappointing to say the least.

Yes, but notice how silent some of her most flame-minded TT trolls/cheerleaders are today (expected), when they pretty much bet the farm on her winning the title, and were so quick to soil a few threads with typical flaming/trolling when Venus lost her match.

The bonehead aggressive gameplan is not working, unless she reevaluates things she will continue to have dissapointing results like this.

Agreed, as i've said since she first announced this "win Wimbledon" gameplan at the beginning of the year. So far, her changing from her slam-winning form has turned out to be the most illogical move of any top player in recent memory.

kishnabe
05-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Well I expected Henin to lose... somewhere in the quaters to Serena...Still it doesn't matter. I am happy for her comeback...she still needs to get back to her prime best that she was in 2007. At least in 2011 she might regain her french crown!

soyizgood
05-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Well it looks like I was right all along.

I said it well before the event started that I felt Henin wouldn't win it. Couldn't pin an exact reason, but my instinct said she likely wouldn't. Henin just has not impressed me in her return. She's quite error-prone, her attempts to be aggressive is prone to backfiring even against counterpunchers, and she hasn't been that impressive at changing up tactics. Oh and her 'Allez' on UEs drive me nuts!

I can see her maybe making the top 10, but she's not that intimidating. She's not saving the tour. If anything, she's contributing to the mediocrity that plagues the top players.

davey25
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
I said it well before the event started that I felt Henin wouldn't win it. Couldn't pin an exact reason, but my instinct said she likely wouldn't. Henin just has not impressed me in her return. She's quite error-prone, her attempts to be aggressive is prone to backfiring even against counterpunchers, and she hasn't been that impressive at changing up tactics. Oh and her 'Allez' on UEs drive me nuts!

I can see her maybe making the top 10, but she's not that intimidating. She's not saving the tour. If anything, she's contributing to the mediocrity that plagues the top players.

Agreed with everything you said here.

vortex1
05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
She'll bounce back. I am quite confident.

davey25
05-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Bounce back with what? Certainly not a slam trophy.

vortex1
05-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Bounce back with what? Certainly not a slam trophy.

Justine is winning Wimbledon this year.

davey25
05-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Justine is winning Wimbledon this year.

The mixed doubles?

vortex1
05-31-2010, 06:40 PM
The mixed doubles?

Nah.. but come to think of it, doubles whether mixed or not is the only time the Williams sisters will ever win a major... assuming the knees hold up of course ;)

davey25
05-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Nah.. but come to think of it, doubles whether mixed or not is the only time the Williams sisters will ever win a major... assuming the knees hold up of course ;)

Yeah you are right. That is why they have won 5 of the last 7 singles majors between them.