PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum Pro Line 2 -> Tecnifbre Black Code

EasternRocks
04-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I have been playing with full Pro Line for 7-8 months now and it's too much power for me and I've been restringing after every week because it goes dead after 6-7 hours of play. However, I like the feel. So I'm thinking of trying Black Code since it gives lots of control and power at the same time, while with the soft poly feel. Should I do this and is this reasonable? Will I like Black Code?

And, what is the tension maintenance, feel?

aggietex08
04-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I have black codes in my mains and have fallen in love with them. I have had them for about a month now and only recently noticed them feeling a bit dead. I hit about 10 hours a week. I had them strung at 55, might try a tad higher like 58 next time.

EasternRocks
04-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh, I see. Looks like I'll try it. So stringing it higher will prevent it going dead sooner?

Ron Insana
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I would stay away from Black Code if I were you. Check out my favorite polys here http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=320565
The way I see it, polys basically fall into one of two categories depending on how they go dead->those that turn a stiff dead (Luxilon, PLII, Cyberblue, MSV hex, Big Ace, SP Hyperion) and those that have a huge drop in tension (Black Code, PH, Spiky Shark, WC Turbotwist, Concept Pure). The tension drop for Black Code was the second worst I tried (after Turbotwist which was absurd). Maybe for the first hour or two it will feel ok, like a nice softy string that doesn't offend anyone. Then it starts to feel really cheap and plastic. After that, the tension plummets and trust me, your shots will launch wild long dude. There is no comparision to PLII which has the best feel and precision of any poly out there IMHO. It is crisp, soft and has a unique lightning quick response, much faster reacting than Touch Turbo. However, it too becomes annoyingly stiff and wirey after a while.

BTW whats with all the posts on PLII lately? Sure, if you were to force me to choose one for a full setup, that would be it but that doesn't mean it's a be all and end all. No one has invented a poly yet that I would do a full job with. I truly would prefer to play with full poly over anything else-->when its fresh. If I were a touring pro and could afford to restring all the time, thats what I would be doing. Maybe in the distant future someone will invent a poly that doesn't go dead but until then, I will be hybriding with multi or gut.

Ron Insana
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
If your preferences are anything like mine, I would strongly steer you in the direction of Genesis strings. Their Black Magic was the only poly I tried that did not go dead during the time I was testing it--every other poly did. I just had a few hits with newly strung Spin X against a wall today so I would not venture to give any impressions yet. But based on only a few hits, I'm thinking this really could be "the one", super feel, light and crisp.

Ron Insana
04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh, I see. Looks like I'll try it. So stringing it higher will prevent it going dead sooner?

Thats a negative, anytime you string a poly higher, it will go dead much faster. In the end, nothing will prevent a poly from going dead unless you hit with granny type power.

David123
04-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I would stay away from Black Code if I were you. Check out my favorite polys here http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=320565
The way I see it, polys basically fall into one of two categories depending on how they go dead->those that turn a stiff dead (Luxilon, PLII, Cyberblue, MSV hex, Big Ace, SP Hyperion) and those that have a huge drop in tension (Black Code, PH, Spiky Shark, WC Turbotwist, Concept Pure). The tension drop for Black Code was the second worst I tried (after Turbotwist which was absurd). Maybe for the first hour or two it will feel ok, like a nice softy string that doesn't offend anyone. Then it starts to feel really cheap and plastic. After that, the tension plummets and trust me, your shots will launch wild long dude. There is no comparision to PLII which has the best feel and precision of any poly out there IMHO. It is crisp, soft and has a unique lightning quick response, much faster reacting than Touch Turbo. However, it too becomes annoyingly stiff and wirey after a while.

BTW whats with all the posts on PLII lately? Sure, if you were to force me to choose one for a full setup, that would be it but that doesn't mean it's a be all and end all. No one has invented a poly yet that I would do a full job with. I truly would prefer to play with full poly over anything else-->when its fresh. If I were a touring pro and could afford to restring all the time, thats what I would be doing. Maybe in the distant future someone will invent a poly that doesn't go dead but until then, I will be hybriding with multi or gut.

I have a pack of Pro line II what do you hybrid with?

mozzer
04-02-2010, 04:31 AM
Blackcode is the worst striong i have used, felt dead from the beginning.

Ron Insana
04-02-2010, 06:38 AM
I have a pack of Pro line II what do you hybrid with?

If you really want to use PLII, it is better to put it on the mains with NRG2 on the cross. If you do it the other way around, it will be way too powerful, I tried it, plus you will not be able to feel all the great attributes of PLII if it is only in the cross.