PDA

View Full Version : What if doubles had 1 serve.......

pgreg
04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Extremely hypothetical, but one of the main reasons Pro doubles is such a bore to watch is because 75+% of points are won with a service winner, or serve and poach.

If players were given only one serve, this would make matches way more entertaining, and would allow players to showcase their amazing skills better. I wish World Team Tennis would experiment with something like this

LuckyR
04-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Actually the main reason most find doubles boring is that the vast majority of the tennis audience doesn't understand doubles strategy at the club level, let alone the Pro level.

pgreg
04-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Actually the main reason most find doubles boring is that the vast majority of the tennis audience doesn't understand doubles strategy at the club level, let alone the Pro level.

I don't think that's it. People just like seeing well crafted points....rather than 1-2 combos.

samprasvsfederer123
04-03-2010, 09:34 PM
its always the same $%^^ in doubles, heck i dont even like playing it my self.

OKUSA
04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
i like watching it when rafa plays, seeing those top double pros net every hard forehand just tells you that federer is better at volleying than them. doubles without singles pros is boring