PDA

View Full Version : need opinions on luxilon adrenaline

(K)evin
04-01-2010, 10:57 PM
so me and my friend bought the new adrenaline string, he got the 1.25 gauge and I the 1.20 gauge.

Today he let me play a bit with his racquet after he got it strung. (I'm waiting for my K90 grommets to show up) and he got it strung at 52 lbs.

Now here is where I need suggestions....I played with his Prince TT Scream OS and the strings felt amazing soo soft yet gave so much spin and control. He didn't like the soft feeling so he used a worm dampener to make the string bed feel more solid.

What I need to know is if me using a 1.20 gauge of the adrenaline will effect the way the string plays in anyway and would I possibly need to get the my racquet strung lower than 52 to copy his string bed (the mushy ball pocket part) on my K90?

ClubHoUno
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Adrenaline to me felt like a cheaper edition of the soft Hyperion.

(K)evin
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Adrenaline to me felt like a cheaper edition of the soft Hyperion.

never played with it :-?

ReopeningWed
04-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Opinions? Quite possibly the most legit packaging for string. Ever.

Jonny S&V
04-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Strung it up at 52 lbs, my standard tension at that time. Lux did a good job trying to create a more arm-friendly, powerful string, but they went away from their strengths. It didn't have the typical Luxilon grip on the ball, and I couldn't get the ball jumping with full Adrenaline like I can with a hybrid of ALU Power. One thing that they did improve on was tension maintenance. It lasted about 6 hours, as opposed to 2-2.5 with ALU Power.

Idk if this helps any, but these are just my experiences with it!

(K)evin
04-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Strung it up at 52 lbs, my standard tension at that time. Lux did a good job trying to create a more arm-friendly, powerful string, but they went away from their strengths. It didn't have the typical Luxilon grip on the ball, and I couldn't get the ball jumping with full Adrenaline like I can with a hybrid of ALU Power. One thing that they did improve on was tension maintenance. It lasted about 6 hours, as opposed to 2-2.5 with ALU Power.

thanks I think I'll string it at 53 just a bit tighter

MuscleWeave
04-03-2010, 05:16 AM
On a smaller head racquet, you will need to drop the tension. In this case, from 110 sq" to 90 sq", I would drop the tension 6 lbs. to kep the soft bed.

Larrysümmers
04-03-2010, 09:58 AM

see what is weird is that i was getting some really nice spin and control yet it tore my arm up

fgs
04-03-2010, 11:03 AM
i had the adrenaline in 1.20 strung at 23kg in the mains on my heavily modded nblades 106's. one hybrid was with wilson sensation 1.25, the other one with the isospeed professional new 1.20. the second setup gave me much more playing pleasure, but i was really hugely impressed with the adrenaline:
1. it held tension very well until the crosses broke, that being for about 6-7 playing hours. last time i played luxilon (a much more expensive one) it went dead after three hours, i had to cut it out since my shoulder started to protest.
2. there was enough power and superb control, again, all through the lifespan of the setup. (as a matter of fact, the 1.20 isospeed lasted longer than the 1.25 sensation).
3. i had no problems whatsoever with neither elbow nor shoulder.
personally i prefer the kirschbaum competition 1.20 because there is slightly more power and it is a little more forgiving on offcenter-shots, but the adrenaline is a very good string, no matter the pricepoint.

Jonny S&V
04-03-2010, 02:52 PM
see what is weird is that i was getting some really nice spin and control yet it tore my arm up

Lol, wow, that's different... I don't like Luxilon in general, anyway. I'm going the cheap route: Gosen Polylon 17g at 32 lbs. ;-)

beststringer
04-03-2010, 04:12 PM
so me and my friend bought the new adrenaline string, he got the 1.25 gauge and I the 1.20 gauge.

Today he let me play a bit with his racquet after he got it strung. (I'm waiting for my K90 grommets to show up) and he got it strung at 52 lbs.

Now here is where I need suggestions....I played with his Prince TT Scream OS and the strings felt amazing soo soft yet gave so much spin and control. He didn't like the soft feeling so he used a worm dampener to make the string bed feel more solid.

What I need to know is if me using a 1.20 gauge of the adrenaline will effect the way the string plays in anyway and would I possibly need to get the my racquet strung lower than 52 to copy his string bed (the mushy ball pocket part) on my K90?

try the 130 at 30lbs.

TennisNinja
04-03-2010, 04:38 PM
It's ok, I like M2 better.

(K)evin
04-03-2010, 07:07 PM
On a smaller head racquet, you will need to drop the tension. In this case, from 110 sq" to 90 sq", I would drop the tension 6 lbs. to kep the soft bed.
really wow thats quite a difference maybe I might try 46 lbs instead
try the 130 at 30lbs.
I wanted to try the 1.20 gauge for more spin and since I'm not a string breaker with co-polys or polys I thought this was a good option for me
It's ok, I like M2 better.
never played with m2 wayyy too expensive for my pocket. what do you feel m3 has to offer I might try to just splurge on it once and try it for myself

TDoan
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Adrenaline 1.30 had way better tension maintenance than Alu Power/Rough, but you lose some bite and power. It's a touch softer and comes in 18 gauge (1.20) to compensate for the lack of power and spin.

Nice addition to the Luxilon line in my opinion.

happycamperjack
04-04-2010, 12:49 AM
I've tried 59/58 so far, it's working out nicely. Lux strings usually have a huge tension loss before it settles down. So a lot of players complain that ALU power lose playability fast. But I think Lux strings would last you much longer if you string it high, at least from my experience. Takes a bit of hitting to break in the strings. Once it does, it works like a charm and last much longer than stringing it low. Of course if you don't mind cutting the strings out after a few hours of hitting, by all means string it at low 50s