PDA

View Full Version : prince synthetic gut with duraflex

philosoraptor
04-02-2010, 09:14 AM
this string is just so weird...higher and lower tensions change it a LOT. I recently strung up 2 of my triple threat screams with this string, one at 50 lbs and one at 70 lbs. Oh Man the higher tensioned racquet did wonders for my game whereas the 50 lbs one just felt horrible to say the least.. has this ever happened to you guys where tensions changed how a string plays this much?

dantesinferno18
04-02-2010, 02:23 PM
No *****(no offence) ... if you string something with a 20 lbs difference of coarse it will feel different.

flashfire276
04-02-2010, 02:30 PM
this string is just so weird...higher and lower tensions change it a LOT. I recently strung up 2 of my triple threat screams with this string, one at 50 lbs and one at 70 lbs. Oh Man the higher tensioned racquet did wonders for my game whereas the 50 lbs one just felt horrible to say the least.. has this ever happened to you guys where tensions changed how a string plays this much?

First of all, why did you string it as such crazy tensions? 50 is too lose while 70 is too tight (I never heard of anyone that went past 65).

Of course you're going to find some difference. 20 pounds difference is like black and white.

Zefer
04-02-2010, 02:40 PM
50lbs seems excessively loose.
70lbs seems excessively tight.

String tension is one of the most important factors about the way the racquet plays. It would be foolish to expect even remotely similar results with a 20lbs difference.

I've heard Sampras had his at 75lbs and his frames would sometimes randomly snap on bad mishits, so be careful playing around outside of the recommended guidelines, cause unless you have an unlimited supply of racquets like a pro, it might become costly. Not to mention what it could do to your arm, I dread to think.

Power Player
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I always strung PGSD at 60. It's nice there...try it.

mikeler
04-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I always strung PGSD at 60. It's nice there...try it.

Yep, 60 is a good starting point.

TenS_Ace
04-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Here's a question to the guru's, I use PGSD strung at 67 and about a week before the strings are about to break, the strings feel the absolute best! I mean I have total control and total feel. I just know when they are about to explode due to the awesome feeling I'm getting off my racquet. Is there some way to string my racquets to get this feeling "out of the box"?

lenderbender
04-03-2010, 03:22 AM
String it lower

aussie
04-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Personally, I think the TT Scream OS plays at its best when strung at least 64 with any syn gut. Depending on the harshness of the syn gut, I vary tension between 64 to 67. PSGD and PSGO I string at 64, Forten Sweet 16 I string at 67. When I use poly (rarely) I string in the mid 50's. IMO, TT Screams are still one of the best control frames ever made and feel perfect in the hand due to the even balance.

philosoraptor
04-03-2010, 06:25 AM
First of all, why did you string it as such crazy tensions? 50 is too lose while 70 is too tight (I never heard of anyone that went past 65).

Of course you're going to find some difference. 20 pounds difference is like black and white.

theyre my backup racquets so i tend to do some crazier stuff to them like the 20 lb difference to see what i like..so in sense theyre "demo" racquets to speak of