PDA

View Full Version : prince synthetic w/duraflex

monkeyisland90
04-02-2010, 03:21 PM
any pros use this string.. i used it and seems great compare to others i've tried that are more pricey

Schills
04-03-2010, 07:28 PM
any pros use this string.. i used it and seems great compare to others i've tried that are more pricey

I doubt many pros use it, but I fall into the camp that thinks this is probably the right string for 80-90% of the amateur population.

Bogie
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
thiemo de bakker actually used it throughout his entire junior career and for the first year or two of his pro days and only switched to champions choice about a year and a half ago and is now using pacific i believe...

roger nadal
04-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Easily the best syn gut EVER

Swagger
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah I use it, and many of my teamates with Babolat and Head racquets use it too. It's a popular synth gut

Donny0627
04-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah I use it, and many of my teamates with Babolat and Head racquets use it too. It's a popular synth gut

SOOOOO... are you considering you and your friends proffessionals? LOL

Donny0627
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I used this string for about a year when I was still an intermediate player. It was cheaper and it worked well. The person that strings my raquets for me charges $15 if you provide your own string, and $25 if he uses his own string(Gamma Syn. Gut). This worked out well because at 4.25 a pack, I actually saved $5(and got a better string). Now I have moved on to poly/multi hybrids, as my game has improved greatly.

Bottom Line: Good string for an intermediate player taking a first step into advanced racket customization(Not that choosing a string is that advanced but you know what I mean.

OliverSimon
04-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Prince has some nice strings, but their hybrid packs are also really good.

mikeler
04-07-2010, 04:35 AM
I used this string for about a year when I was still an intermediate player. It was cheaper and it worked well. The person that strings my raquets for me charges $15 if you provide your own string, and $25 if he uses his own string(Gamma Syn. Gut). This worked out well because at 4.25 a pack, I actually saved $5(and got a better string). Now I have moved on to poly/multi hybrids, as my game has improved greatly.

Bottom Line: Good string for an intermediate player taking a first step into advanced racket customization(Not that choosing a string is that advanced but you know what I mean.

The Prince and Gamma synthetic guts are the same price. I wonder why he was charging $10 for a set?

Kick Serve 14
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Not a fan of Prince strings. IMO there are better strings for a cheaper price. EXP and Tournament Poly were nothing compared to Isospeed, and they both cost more...

TnTBigman
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
I really liked the PSG w DF because of the durability. It plays pretty well and holds it tension longer. I've been using it for about 8 years now, on four different racquet upgrades (LM Rad, Lm Prestige, PC600, I.Prestige, FXP, and MG Prestige) and the durability has been consistant. I think it speaks of Prince's string quality control as well.

Murray_Fan
04-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I think the Best Synthetic string you can buy in my opinion

Please tell me if you dont agree

Baselineg
04-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I would love it if i could have Fresh PSGD at 60p everytime i played, it feels great new but after a couple of 2 hour hitting sessions it loses its greatness.

Jakesteroni
04-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I love it, but its just too annoying to break in a couple days. It feels real good when its about to break. Anyone else get that?

monkeyisland90
04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I love it, but its just too annoying to break in a couple days. It feels real good when its about to break. Anyone else get that?

yeah i have used it once but it seems that initially it feels bit stiff etc.. then i play more and gets more comfortable and feels great then breaks..

AJK1
04-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I tried a set a couple of years ago after listening to all the hype, it was terrible, cut it out, and went back to multi/poly hybrids.

DennisK
04-17-2010, 12:38 AM
When I used it, I would after only a few hours.

How any pro manages to use it and not break it after only a set or so is beyond me.

Nice and easy to string up though, but in terms of performance its only average IMO.