PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Bellucci thread!

Buckethead
04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
What do you guys think about this guy??
Personally i think this guy has a huge potential to be top 15.
The guy has a huge serve,forehand,good backhand,his kick serve is amazing,i remember Roddick returning his serve at the stands in Aus,and clay season is next,and i think he will make some ground this year.I think he can beat anyone if he is on a good day,including Fed,Nadal.

Mister Goulash
04-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Agreed. This guy is the next big thing

matchmaker
04-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I think he is one to watch since I saw him against Nadal at RG. Nadal didn't drop a set during that tournament, but actually his first round against Bellucci was one of his toughest matches.

Belluci has got what it takes to make it and he is a lefty, but it all boils down to mental strength and that is always a question mark.

But he is improving on the rankings so who knows where he is going to stop?

samprasvsfederer123
04-03-2010, 08:26 AM
he is kinda old

djokovicgonzalez2010
04-03-2010, 08:33 AM
it's thomaz but i agree

Buckethead
04-03-2010, 09:15 AM
he is kinda old
LOL,do you even know who we are talking about??
Thomaz (now spelled rightly) is only 22,or 23 my friend.

samprasvsfederer123
04-03-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL,do you even know who we are talking about??
Thomaz (now spelled rightly) is only 22,or 23 my friend.

i know that my friend, he should be higher if he should be any good.

Mister Goulash
04-03-2010, 06:05 PM
^^^ So according to your highly inteilligent logic, a guy like Soderling was probably only 20 years old last year and now magically he has aged to be 25 in only one year? Because he obviosuly couldn't have been any "good" as you put it at 24 - he would have been too old already, right?

Anyway other than this dumbass, back on topic. He does have big potential. I espcially think his ability to work his opponet off the court is one of his biggest assets.

tacou
04-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Thomaz looks good especially looking forward to his clay season, but he sort of folded against Almagro in his last match, playing an absolutely awful tie break. hopefully he's not just another mental nobody

raging
04-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Thomaz looks good especially looking forward to his clay season, but he sort of folded against Almagro in his last match, playing an absolutely awful tie break. hopefully he's not just another mental nobody

for such a young player...Bellucci is very cool, calm and has enormous potential...it just doesn't get any easier in the top 50..trick is to stabilize and stay there 4 or 5 years...Nico had him on experience in that tb, but he in turn has lost his share of close ones. Top 15 will be tough...but staying top 50 is also a great achievement.

OKUSA
04-04-2010, 09:43 AM
he's not there mentally

Rhino
04-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I think he's got it.

ruerooo
04-04-2010, 10:11 PM
What do you guys think about this guy??
Personally i think this guy has a huge potential to be top 15.
The guy has a huge serve,forehand,good backhand,his kick serve is amazing,i remember Roddick returning his serve at the stands in Aus,and clay season is next,and i think he will make some ground this year.

I think he'll do well in clay season.

Is he playing in Houston? Or Monte Carlo?

Buckethead
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Bellucci's massive spin started to cause some damages on tour.Quarters in Barcelona

Rhino
04-23-2010, 03:32 AM
His match against David Ferrer is winnable. With a bit of luck he could even make the final, but I don't think he'd beat Soderling.

namelessone
04-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Keep in mind that this is the guy that took 9 games off Nadal in RG 08'. Djoker took 10 and Fed 4. Just sayin'.

Buckethead
04-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Keep in mind that this is the guy that took 9 games off Nadal in RG 08'. Djoker took 10 and Fed 4. Just sayin'.
One thing has nothing to do with the other.All matches have different circumstances.That match that Nadal beat Soderling in Rome 6x0 6x1 in Rome,was what the score line shows.
But Ferrer just killed him again.

namelessone
04-23-2010, 05:52 AM
One thing has nothing to do with the other.All matches have different circumstances.That match that Nadal beat Soderling in Rome 6x0 6x1 in Rome,was what the score line shows.
But Ferrer just killed him again.

Overall I agree but this guy was good enough to take 9 games out of a peak Nadal two years ago. I still think he has the skills to develop a good clay game. And let's not forget that ferrer is in the top 6 as far as CC'ers go. He was unlucky to have met nadal or federer a couple of times in CC masters(and not only) or else he would have a more prodigious record on clay.

Buckethead
05-29-2010, 08:16 AM
It seems Bellucci,with the help of the draw,found a good tennis,that was never up to expectations in the clay court season.
Now,it's time to say goodbye to France,the run is over.

Breaker
05-29-2010, 08:18 AM
It seems Bellucci,with the help of the draw,found a good tennis,that was never up to expectations in the clay court season.
Now,it's time to say goodbye to France,the run is over.

He's not set to meet Almagro until quarterfinals.

Ocean Drive
05-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Nadal or Hewitt, obviously most likely against Nadal. Should be interesting, he really pushed Nadal in the first set in 2008.

He definitely has the game to trouble Nadal big style, if he serves well, who knows.

West Coast Ace
05-29-2010, 01:09 PM
He definitely has the game to trouble Nadal big style, if he serves well, who knows.Physically, yes. Mentally, I can't see it. Even my Brazilian friends think he's mentally weak.

I think hard will end up being his best surface.

Ocean Drive
05-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I doubt it very much considering the lack of clay talent around these days.

People would have called Soderling mentally weak prior to his win over Nadal last year, but with Norman by his side all of that changed. Bellucci has the tools to do serious damage on clay. Look how long it took for Verdasco to become a consistent player. People seem to think Verdasco is really young, he's not in tennis terms seeing as he's 27 this year. Obviously he hasn't found this kind of consistency yet, but things could work out well further down the line.

Halba
05-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Physically, yes. Mentally, I can't see it. Even my Brazilian friends think he's mentally weak.

I think hard will end up being his best surface.

nadal will dominate him. he is just a better version.

Buckethead
05-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Good effort by Bellucci,but He made too many UE, had bad court positioning too many feet behind the base line,got tired,and served badly.

Baselineg
05-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Bellucci is good but he is no ernests gulbis.:)

tennisdad65
05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Bellucci is Nadal beta version 0.75 :)
i.e. he is similar to Nadal, but Nadal is a little better in all aspects of the game.

TMF
05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
That's just to prove even further Rafa has a cake walk draw to the semifinal. His next match is a spaniard(Almagro or Verdasco), who we all know have the history of choking against Rafa plus wouldn't mind losing to their hero.

Lover
05-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Bellucci is Nadal beta version 0.75 :)
i.e. he is similar to Nadal, but Nadal is a little better in all aspects of the game.
That's not accurate at all. Besides, Thomaz has a very good serve. Point is today he served like crap.

Good try, anyway.

zagor
05-31-2010, 08:56 AM
That's just to prove even further Rafa has a cake walk draw to the semifinal. His next match is a spaniard(Almagro or Verdasco), who we all know have the history of choking against Rafa plus wouldn't mind losing to their hero.

Hm,this thread is about Bellucci not about Nadal and his FO draw.

Buckethead
05-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Bellucci is good but he is no ernests gulbis.:)
Bellucci went further.Gulbis has a wrong attitude and it was proven against Benne.

Baselineg
05-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Bellucci went further.Gulbis has a wrong attitude and it was proven against Benne.

i was being sarcastic.

Buckethead
05-31-2010, 09:01 AM
i was being sarcastic.
I got ya.Bellucci showed fight,right approach to the matches and doesn't over look at other players,which apparently Gulbis does.

PSNELKE
05-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Agreed. This guy is the next big thing

I doubt!
This guy is a year older than JMDP, Cilic and Gulbis who are the real big deals.
Although I like his playing style and he could be a solid Top15 player.

dmt
05-31-2010, 09:36 AM
tmf, why dont u mention soderling, a guy who loves bending against federer given his miserable 0-12 record against Federer. Atleast Verdasco took nadal to 5 sets at the aussie open and almagro is one of the two players to take a set off nadal on clay this season. Unlike clown soderling who has never taken federer to five sets at any slam and happily bends over for fed.

TMF
05-31-2010, 10:08 AM
tmf, why dont u mention soderling, a guy who loves bending against federer given his miserable 0-12 record against Federer. Atleast Verdasco took nadal to 5 sets at the aussie open and almagro is one of the two players to take a set off nadal on clay this season. Unlike clown soderling who has never taken federer to five sets at any slam and happily bends over for fed.

Soderling doesn't bend over for Fed. It's just a bad match up for him. Against Rafa, he's more comfortable with the ball staying high so he can hammer it on both wings. With his power, he can control the rally and force rafa to play defensive. I guarantee you Robin would rather play Rafa rather than Roger. Plus, Soderling and Roger don't come from the same country, but Verdasco/Armagro/Verdasco are all spaniard plus playing DC for their nation. They are very close!

viduka0101
05-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Soderling doesn't bend over for Fed. It's just a bad match up for him. Against Rafa, he's more comfortable with the ball staying high so he can hammer it on both wings. With his power, he can control the rally and force rafa to play defensive. I guarantee you Robin would rather play Rafa rather than Roger. Plus, Soderling and Roger don't come from the same country, but Verdasco/Armagro/Verdasco are all spaniard plus playing DC for their nation. They are very close!

Verdasco/Almagro/Verdasco don't do that for Rafa either
you're just making stuff up

Annika
05-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Personally I enjoyed the newness and fighter spirit of Bellucci and Armagro.
Hope to see them play more.:)

TMF
05-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Verdasco/Almagro/Verdasco don't do that for Rafa either
you're just making stuff up

If you ask Verdasco and Almagro if they rather see Rafa win the FO than any other players outside of Spain, they would say yes. The same thing Wawrinka would want Roger winning the FO rather than Rafa or any other players. Venus would rather have Serena win too. That's just the way it is.

viduka0101
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
If you ask Verdasco and Almagro if they rather see Rafa win the FO than any other players outside of Spain, they would say yes. The same thing Wawrinka would want Roger winning the FO rather than Rafa or any other players. Venus would rather have Serena win too. That's just the way it is.
yeah,maybe, so?

TMF
05-31-2010, 10:43 AM
yeah,maybe, so?

Come on! Do you actually need them to say it in front of you for you to believe it? Certain thing you can be skeptical but there are time you need to use common sense. i.e. Fish would rather have Blake winning the GS than any other players outside of USA. Would you bet money against that? Didn't think so.

viduka0101
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Come on! Do you actually need them to say it in front of you for you to believe it? Certain thing you can be skeptical but there are time you need to use common sense. i.e. Fish would rather have Blake winning the GS than any other players outside of USA. Would you bet money against that? Didn't think so.

I'm not doubting your logic considering Verdascos own nation preference over some other, but that doesn't mean he or Blake or Wawrinka or someone else are going to bend over for their compatriots

mindgrinder
05-31-2010, 06:36 PM
ah why do u ppl make fast decision, may be he is just one match wonder. Its better to wait and watch..

Buckethead
06-25-2010, 07:30 PM
I hope Bellucci can take at least 1 set of Sod tomorrow,but I want Soderling to win this match.

Buckethead
05-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I had to dig this one up, Bellucci has played some great tennis in this tournament, beating top 10's back to back in straight sets.
His monster kick serve and inside out FH made a damage against TBird.
So hopefully He will pick it up a good momentum and carry on to the FO.
This guy hits some heavy shots with that extreme grip of his.