PDA

View Full Version : Solinco Strings

NovakWannabe
04-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Solinco Strings have now become available on TW! How do the Tour Bite, Revolution, and Outlast compare to Tecnifibre Black Code? Thanks!

Mr. Blond
04-03-2010, 04:34 PM
all three out perform black code in almost every aspect.

The tour bite is amazing and well worth the costs.

NovakWannabe
04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Could you please elaborate?

I'm probably going to hybrid one of the Solinco strings with Forten Sweet. I'm thinking about 55 for the Solinco mains and 58 for the Forten crosses. I'm looking for more power in my game these days because I hit the bore more flatly, although good spin potential's always an added plus.

TennisandMusic
04-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Anyone know how the gauge of revolution stacks up to other strings? I've tried tour bite in 16 and it felt huge to me. Very thick and very stiff (no that's what she said jokes here). I want to try revolution (because it's blue...MAN I'm lame!) but am not sure if I should try the 1.30 or 1.20. If the 1.30 is like the tour bite I'll probably take a step down...

NovakWannabe
04-04-2010, 09:22 AM
So it's come down to this: Tecnifibre Black Code 17 vs. Signum Pro Hyperion 17 vs. the Solinco strings for the mains. If someone could compare any and/or all of these strings, it would be much appreciated for help with hybrids. I'm planning to hybrid with synthetic gut.

Tennis_Crazed
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
So it's come down to this: Tecnifibre Black Code 17 vs. Signum Pro Hyperion 17 vs. the Solinco strings for the mains. If someone could compare any and/or all of these strings, it would be much appreciated for help with hybrids. I'm planning to hybrid with synthetic gut.

Ok so i played with the Tour bite strung at 51lbs this weekend. VERY SOLID string. AMAZING BITE and all-around control and play.

Only played about 2hrs so need to get it some more courtime to make further assessments. Also played full bed of Tour Bite, so can't talk about the hybrid

I just played Blackcode before this and thought it was a good string, but like the 'Tour Bite better (so far) without a doubt. (see my thoughts on black code: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4530755#post4530755).

Haven't tried the other string so can't compare that. Maybe that will be my next string to test or possibly the helix. Will report back after i play some more with it

Tennis_Crazed
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
all three out perform black code in almost every aspect.

The tour bite is amazing and well worth the costs.

Mr. B, is Tour bite the best string out of the 3 in your opinion? Assuming I liked the Tour bite, which would you suggest I try? Any comments on the other 2? Thnx!

genius24
04-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Mr. B, is Tour bite the best string out of the 3 in your opinion? Assuming I liked the Tour bite, which would you suggest I try? Any comments on the other 2? Thnx!

tennis crazed, try the revolution... i think you will like it. i've been using the revolution for almost a week now and am a huge huge fan of it. it has great control while still providing more than enough bite. i strongly reccommend that you try it if you like the tour bite. i just recently switched to the revolution from the pro hurricane tour.

let me know what you think if you do try it.

karophiteblu
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
tennis crazed, try the revolution... i think you will like it. i've been using the revolution for almost a week now and am a huge huge fan of it. it has great control while still providing more than enough bite. i strongly reccommend that you try it if you like the tour bite. i just recently switched to the revolution from the pro hurricane tour.

let me know what you think if you do try it.

Can the revolution still produce more spin that black code? Is it softer than black code?

Marcy21
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Has anybody heard about when the new Solinco Barbwire strings are coming out? (Same as tour bite and twisted)

genius24
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Has anybody heard about when the new Solinco Barbwire strings are coming out? (Same as tour bite and twisted)

no idea. would like to know myself

genius24
06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
im thinking about just emailing them directly and trying to get some through them. been waiting a while for it to come out now.