PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why Federer plays so much better in Slams

JennyS
04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
As fit as he is, I think he's gotten to the age where his body just doesn't bounce back very well without a day off. I think a 3 hour match followed by a day off is easier to recover from than a two hour match without a day off. Just consider how he played in the US Open final. His semi against Djokovic was no marathon (2 1/2 hours), but the short turnaround clearly hindered him. Yet during the French Open, he had a couple of 3 hour matches, and played fine in the next round when he had a day off.

So I think that in these one week events, Federer's body might actually be a little fatigued when he's played 2-3 days in a row. Two of his three losses this year came in matches where he didn't have a day off between matches.

volleynets
04-03-2010, 04:34 PM
You are unbelievably observant. You might be on to something. Federer is not 24 anymore that's for sure.

RCizzle65
04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
You have a great point, I remember reading in some interview that Federer himself said he sleeps a lot, I think it was like 10 hours, but it was definitely more than the standard 8 hours most humans get, so that's probably why, he is able to sleep in longer on those off days too.

lawrence
04-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Jenny should be hired by some tennis coverage team, as lead analyst ahha.

forzamilan90
04-04-2010, 06:50 AM
sleeps 10 hours a day? and he probably gets some good *** breakfast too.