PDA

View Full Version : questins on how to start putting the string on the diablo.

IwishIwasbetter
04-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I just got a wise tension head to add on to my crank. It has a diablo. When i use the diablo, do i put the string under over and under it, or over under and over it. I have better results starting under it because the string gets held firmer and better. Also, during the last part of the crosses on my stringjob, when it finished pulling tension and it beeps twice right after usually, it instead took around 3-4 seconds extra to beep twice. Like it would pull the string, then it would beep twice 3 seconds later instead of right after. it was weird. Please help. Thanks

Steezmuffin
04-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I always go over. But I never really thought about this.

IwishIwasbetter
04-04-2010, 05:24 AM
anyone else? could starting under cause any problems

max200G
04-04-2010, 07:59 AM
I just got a wise tension head to add on to my crank. It has a diablo. When i use the diablo, do i put the string under over and under it, or over under and over it. I have better results starting under it because the string gets held firmer and better. Also, during the last part of the crosses on my stringjob, when it finished pulling tension and it beeps twice right after usually, it instead took around 3-4 seconds extra to beep twice. Like it would pull the string, then it would beep twice 3 seconds later instead of right after. it was weird. Please help. Thanks

Always go over the top of the diablo.

PBODY99
04-04-2010, 08:25 AM
I go under. I never had the beep issue.

Steezmuffin
04-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Going under doesnt make sense for me at least on the satr 5 since the tension head is lower than the racquet.

LttlElvis
04-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I never thought of going under, but I guess as long as you are consistent, it probably doesn't matter. Since the Wise can go on different machines, one may determine under is the better way to go, depending on the level of the racquet above or below the diablo.

brownbearfalling
04-05-2010, 11:06 AM
I never thought of going under, but I guess as long as you are consistent, it probably doesn't matter. Since the Wise can go on different machines, one may determine under is the better way to go, depending on the level of the racquet above or below the diablo.

To reiderate, whatever makes the string more even with the frame is the better choice. Most likely it is over since the tension heads areusually lower than the mounted racquet.

For the beeping problem I don't know what to say. I wasn't aware that the wise head beeps twice. Is it one for starting to pull and one for finished? The star 5 just has one beep for when the tension head finishes tenaionjng the string.

Also did the diablo come free with your wise head?