PDA

View Full Version : Kim vs Justine

martini1
04-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Congrats on Kim winning another title. She is a true champ. The only reason she retire is to have kids and start a "new" family. Now that she gave birth and trained, she is back in form and doing really well as a mom.

Justine on the other hand retired only because she wanted to retire as #1. She failed in making it to the SF of anything in 08. And then she returned to the WTA after seeing Kim winning the USO.

Although Justine has won more titles but I still think Kim has the better spirit and it shows by how well she is doing right now.

rudester
04-04-2010, 10:29 AM
While i agree with everything said here, keep in mind, head to head Henin is a close 3 set tie breaker away from Clijsters, let us see how things go as the year goes on. Henin looked very rusty to me the other night, but with the same mental toughness.

samprasvsfederer123
04-04-2010, 10:54 AM
i like kim more her daughter is adorbale

Gizo
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Even before their 2 matches this year, Clijsters lead the h2h against Henin in hard court matches, 8-4 I think. They were always of a pretty similar standard to each other on hard. It was clay and grass, where Henin had the big edge.
I prefer Clijster's personality/conduct and Henin's style of the play. Mauresmo pretty much was a combination of the two, and hence was my favourite player.

CCNM
04-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I miss Amelie too, Gizo! I wish I had started following her before 2006. Justine reminds me of myself-short, "nerdy", sometimes irritates others with her actions. If she can succeed then so can I! :) Also it's nice to see people not named Williams win every now and then!

Gizo
04-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Yes women's tennis isn't the same without Amelie. It's probably good for your blood pressure that you didn't watch her waste some golden opportunities to win slams in 2004-2005 (mainly in 2004) :). I loved both backhands but I think hers was even more beautiful than Henin's (I'm guessing the opinion will be split there), and it was refreshing to see a player serve-volleying, regularly using her slice, mixing up tactics, spins etc.
I loved her rivalries with Clijsters and Henin, although I wish she had played more matches against Henin. I loathed Henin for a bit after her Australian Open final retirement, as that overshadowed the fact that Amelie had played a tactically flawless match (i.e consistently hitting heavy topspin shots high to Henin's backhand). Had she not also played beautiful tennis like Amelie I probably would have continued to dislike her, but her style of play made me forgive her and even like her.
Henin's career achievements are remarkable if you think about it. When this diminutive, frail teenager was coming through the ranks, I doubt anybody thought that she was going to win anything close to 7 slams, even with her considerable talent. I bet that the most she was expected to achieve slam-wise was maybe win the French Open once, let alone dominate in Paris, and become a major force on all other surfaces as well.
An amazing success story.