PDA

View Full Version : Nadal RM027 Tourbillon Watch

teckid
04-04-2010, 04:51 PM
$525K??

This is pretty crazy

The article mentions that he will wear it "on the court," but I assume it will be similar to when Fed puts his sponsor's watch on for trophy presentations.

http://hypebeast.com/2010/04/rafael-nadal-richard-mille-rm027-tourbillon/

http://www.hypebeast.com/image/2010/04/rafael-nadal-richard-mille-mr027-tourbillon.jpg

Fedace
04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Why is this $500,000 ??? I dont' get it. Do you see a Diamond inside that looks like a doorknob ?? I dont' think it will fit in there though.

mikro112
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Looks fugly. Who would pay that kind of money a watch like this?

arche3
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Why is this $500,000 ??? I dont' get it. Do you see a Diamond inside that looks like a doorknob ?? I dont' think it will fit in there though.

lol. Richard Mille holds a pretty unique spot among watch makers to the collectors. (i do collect wrist watches) his designs are mostly macho machines on your wrist. there is a pretty active collectors circle around the globe that fancy his designs and most are sold as soon as it is released and or presold before release. personally i fancy Audemars Piguet time pieces and have been a collector for 10 years. watch collecting is based on the appreciation of a finely tuned mechanical machine that is both funtional and aesthetically pleasing.

niketennispro
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I showed this to my dad, and even says that this watch is worth the money. The clockwork and the way it works is apparently very sophisticated. He owns Rolex's and other such fancy watches, but even he says this watch is at a whole new level

supermario343
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Id love to have this watch, just looks like a machine

OliverSimon
04-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Awesome watch!!

martini1
04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
The ironic thing is you can't play tennis wearing a tourbillon. The movement can't stand the shock.

[d]ragon
04-04-2010, 11:07 PM
I must say, that watch looks pretty sick. But for the price I rather buy a car, 3 or 4 of them ;)

ruerooo
04-04-2010, 11:18 PM
The ironic thing is you can't play tennis wearing a tourbillon. The movement can't stand the shock.

The whole point of this particular watch (and probably one of the reasons it costs so much) is that this doesn't happen.

"Named the RM027 Tourbillon, this ultralight (20 grams) watch will be worn by Nadal on the court. The watch is made of carbon-composite as well as titanium and LITAL ®, lithium alloy containing aluminum, copper, magnesium, zirconium (that’s chemistry 101 for you). How much you ask? $525,000 I say. Oh and one more thing, this watch is so precise that all the movement on the court will not throw it off time."

http://ispotted.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/rafael-nadal-richard-mille-watch/

BTW - there is also already a thread about this

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=321145

Leelord337
04-04-2010, 11:20 PM
525k for a skeleton watch?!?! i would rather get a patek philippe for that kinda dough

Minnesotamadman
04-04-2010, 11:46 PM
am i the only one that notices the watch saying "nadal" below the rm027?????

MAXXply
04-05-2010, 02:35 AM
lol. Richard Mille holds a pretty unique spot among watch makers to the collectors. (i do collect wrist watches) his designs are mostly macho machines on your wrist. there is a pretty active collectors circle around the globe that fancy his designs and most are sold as soon as it is released and or presold before release. personally i fancy Audemars Piguet time pieces and have been a collector for 10 years. watch collecting is based on the appreciation of a finely tuned mechanical machine that is both funtional and aesthetically pleasing.

...Yes, and for us tennis '***** who think it's just an overpriced bauble, they should check out the watch collecting forums where opinions and discussions of high-end timepieces are just as fervent as our incessant chatter about gear and rackets. On those forums, prestige watches are not luxury timepieces made by HEAD. :)

supermario343
04-05-2010, 06:44 AM

I saw it :)

Gorecki
04-05-2010, 07:10 AM
for those unfamiliar with the Haute Orlogerie,

this is a Richard Mille Tourbiloun..

it's not a watch.. it's a piece of handmade orlogerie...

quite different things

it takes many many hours of hand made work by highly skilled professionals to make one single of those watches!

SandV62
04-05-2010, 08:33 AM
for those unfamiliar with the Haute Orlogerie,

this is a Richard Mille Tourbiloun..

it's not a watch.. it's a piece of handmade orlogerie...

quite different things

it takes many many hours of hand made work by highly skilled professionals to make one single of those watches!

Its a real joy to see that there is many Haute Horlogerie fans here!!
But with this Richard Mille, I feel a bit cheap with my Omega Speedmaster pro

Gorecki
04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Its a real joy to see that there is many Haute Horlogerie fans here!!
But with this Richard Mille, I feel a bit cheap with my Omega Speedmaster pro

lucky you... im paying tuition for my thesis and i cannot afford a speedmaster so far(nice watch btw)

the fact that you dont have one, doesnt mean you can't know your stuff right?

ps: my french is rusty... Horlogerie is the correct spelling!

SirGounder
04-05-2010, 08:42 AM
That thing is sexy. I'll never be able to put that kind of money into a watch, no matter much I make, just not my thing. I can definitely appreciate a fine watch though. Lol I thought my Citizen was pretty ballin (had a timex before that).

rovex
04-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Just rang up Richard Mille and said I could have one made by June. I'm going for it guys! All i had to do was re-mortgage the house but that's fine!

Gorecki
04-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Just rang up Richard Mille and said he I could have one made by June. I'm going for it guys! All i had to do was re-mortgage the house but that's fine!

yay.. while at it, why not ring Frank Muller and ask for a Revolution 3 quote or have a call at Hublot's and request the delivery time for a Black Caviar Bang...

sureshs
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
I am going to order one from TW

Gorecki
04-05-2010, 09:11 AM
I am going to order one from TW

dont forget to ask a set of good jokes and two oz of good taste... you seem to need it in your strokes!

sureshs
04-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Actually I am going to order a matched pair so that there is no difference in my strokes whichever one I am wearing during a given match. I would like the weight, balance and swingweight of both watches to be the same.

drakulie
04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I would much rather wear a Sinn 156 or EZM1.

Bashi
04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
i wonder if this will help him stay within the time limit between points

martini1
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
The whole point of this particular watch (and probably one of the reasons it costs so much) is that this doesn't happen.

"Named the RM027 Tourbillon, this ultralight (20 grams) watch will be worn by Nadal on the court. The watch is made of carbon-composite as well as titanium and LITAL ®, lithium alloy containing aluminum, copper, magnesium, zirconium (that’s chemistry 101 for you). How much you ask? $525,000 I say. Oh and one more thing, this watch is so precise that all the movement on the court will not throw it off time."

http://ispotted.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/rafael-nadal-richard-mille-watch/

BTW - there is also already a thread about this

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=321145

I am a watch guy myself. No mechanical movement, even the tourbillon, can get less than +/- 1 sec in a month (quartz), most are within +6/-4 sec per day. This kind of watch is solely base on the fancy craftsmanship, exotic material, unconventional design, and limited availability. Yes, there is market for it but precise accuracy a la a high end quartz movement is not one of the reason.

rovex
04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
I am a watch guy myself. No mechanical movement, even the tourbillon, can get less than +/- 1 sec in a month (quartz), most are within +6/-4 sec per day. This kind of watch is solely base on the fancy craftsmanship, exotic material, unconventional design, and limited availability. Yes, there is market for it but precise accuracy a la a high end quartz movement is not one of the reason.

Well, hopefully i won't be too disappointed when mine arrives.

ripperfranky
04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Entry level of RM watch is more than 20k Euro....

Leelord337
04-05-2010, 08:26 PM
this patek philippe watch runs for $1.3million
http://www.gemnation.com/watches/Patek-Philippe-Sky-Moon-Tourbillon-5002P-1502.html

nethawkwenatchee
04-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Thats a great looking watch :)

fedifed
04-07-2010, 04:58 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/wm126b.jpg

THIS IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE WATCH IN THE WORLD!

fedifed
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Sorry Forgot To Mention Price

$25,000,000

Pink_Shirt
04-07-2010, 08:21 PM
lol, that looks like the inside of my car..and that's not a good thing.

angiebaby
04-11-2010, 05:09 AM

Saw that too. 8-)

I love the watch, the 'Nadal' on it just makes it all the more appealing. Great marketing partnership for Rafa and Richard Mille.

rovex
04-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Only a few more weeks and I get myself a Nadal watch!

stingstang
04-11-2010, 12:27 PM
The clockwork and the way it works is apparently very sophisticated. this watch is at a whole new level

that's great and all but does it tell the time better than a timex? :razz:

esm
04-12-2010, 08:53 AM
interesting move from Timex!

RM watches are awesome.

can anyone remember last year when Massa got hit by a suspenesion part on the track and he had one of those Massa "special edition" RM watches on him.

i'm a watch guy also, but have not really caught onto the whole RM thing/style.

wondering how the tourbillon movement will cope with the vibration from Nadal's forehand/backhand (depends on which wrist he wears...)?

tennisoh
04-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Does anyone else besides me wonder how this will work? He wears double wristbands on both wrists. Where is the watch going to go? Will he need to go back to getting chest pockets?

rovex
04-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Does anyone else besides me wonder how this will work? He wears double wristbands on both wrists. Where is the watch going to go? Will he need to go back to getting chest pockets?

That's why i don't think he will wear it duing matches. I don't believe Nike will allow him to do that.