PDA

View Full Version : Mirza Wedding in Jeopardy?

West Coast Ace
04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Soap Operas would love this story:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/malik-mirza-try-to-clear-up-marriage-muddle-20100406-rnhj.html

Charles Norris
04-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Just hearing the details of this makes me have a culture shock.

mzzmuaa
04-06-2010, 05:35 AM
maybe her family cannot meet the dowry demands

Sentinel
04-06-2010, 05:51 AM
They seem pretty intent on marrying. She's with him. I think her dad is controlling her totally.

Acco to muslim law, a husband can have multiple wives, so i wonder if the other lady can stop Malik from marrying Mirza.

Anyway, i don't like the idea of Sania rushing into (being rushed into?) this marriage. I'm pretty certain that bloke wont treat her well.

valiant
04-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Actually Senti I read in newspaper the other day that it is not allowed in Pak to have second wife, I am unsure about our own country law on this matter.

West Coast Ace
04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Between the 2nd wife (or at least some type of relationship) and the 'suspended for some form of bad behavior', he defintely does sound like a risk to say the least. I hope Sania has him sign a pre-nup.

ksbh
04-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Herr Seninel ... you're alternating your avatar between Siva & Krishna faster than Sania going from one man to another! :twisted:

They seem pretty intent on marrying. She's with him. I think her dad is controlling her totally.

Acco to muslim law, a husband can have multiple wives, so i wonder if the other lady can stop Malik from marrying Mirza.

Anyway, i don't like the idea of Sania rushing into (being rushed into?) this marriage. I'm pretty certain that bloke wont treat her well.

Sentinel
04-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Herr Sentinel ... you're alternating your avatar between Siva & Krishna faster than Sania going from one man to another! :twisted:
LOL !!!

"I can change avatars as fast as Sania changes husbands, its a pity I can't play as well as her."

Love Game
04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Worry not, Señor ksbh, in the supreme court of Lord Siva I have submitted a digital copy of the Tripura Rahasya along with a link to a wikipedia entry of Dattatreya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dattatreya) (wikipedia is accepted as evidence!), and the following snippet:

My law firm (Morrissey and Bruce (http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?&Dato=20080505&Kategori=CHARTWIDE&Lopenr=956624985&Ref=AR)) say I have a water-tight case.

your law firm ... http://i39.tinypic.com/2h7fof9.gif

ksbh
04-07-2010, 06:21 AM
ROFL, indeed! Law firm of Morrissey & Bruce ... LOL, Sentinel is firing on all cylinders these days! :)

your law firm ... http://i39.tinypic.com/2h7fof9.gif

decades
04-07-2010, 06:58 AM
this saga will set back Indian Pakistani relations 100 years. These two should put country first and cancel the wedding...the entire balance of power in the region is at stake here.

ksbh
04-07-2010, 07:04 AM
I don't know if you're being serious but if you are, it's incredible that the relationship of a country with it's neighbor depends on the marriage of one person!

this saga will set back Indian Pakistani relations 100 years. These two should put country first and cancel the wedding...the entire balance of power in the region is at stake here.

borg number one
04-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Things are not very rational between Pakistan and India, especially when you factor in things like glamour, fame, cricket, sports heroes, a female sports celebrity, religion vs. country, etc. This will be a huge story in both Pakistan and India, but it really shouldn't be. This will be discussed among other "Bollywood" articles.

The cricket matches between Pakistan and India are MAJOR clashes. I agree though, these 2 getting married is really not an issue to get so worked up about in the big scheme of things.

See the link below which talks about the cricket rivalry between the two countries. Both India and Pakistan are among the best cricket countries in the world. Their matches are like "wars" in effect. So, for many Mirza fans in India, this is considered "unpatriotic" (I know it's silly). They see a Indian lady marrying a Pakistani cricket player and ask, hey why not a Indian cricket player? If you've ever watched one of these matches, they can make soccer matches look downright tame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_versus_Pakistan_cricket_rivalry

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/abiab/crick/2-afp.jpg

http://www.risingsunofnihon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Ind-vs-Pak-276x300.jpg

ksbh
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
BN1 ... I know exactly what you mean. Many years ago, I drew criticism over the fact that I pulled for Pakistan. Truth be told, I couldn't care less about patriotism ... and Wasim Akram was the greatest fast bowler that ever played cricket! No scene in cricket rivals the sight of Akram at work!

Things are not very rational between Pakistan and India, especially when you factor in things like glamour, fame, cricket, sports heroes, a female sports celebrity, religion vs. country, etc. This will be a huge story in both Pakistan and India, but it really shouldn't be. This will be discussed among other "Bollywood" articles.

The cricket matches between Pakistan and India are MAJOR clashes. I agree though, these 2 getting married is really not an issue to get so worked up about in the big scheme of things.

See the link below which talks about the cricket rivalry between the two countries. Both India and Pakistan are among the best cricket countries in the world. Their matches are like "wars" in effect. So, for many Mirza fans in India, this is considered "unpatriotic" (I know it's silly). They see a Indian lady marrying a Pakistani cricket player and ask, hey why not a Indian cricket player? If you've ever watched one of these matches, they can make soccer matches look downright tame.

valiant
04-07-2010, 08:49 AM
What ksbh means ?

Sentinel
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
What ksbh means ?

ksbh is actually an old indian tennis star who has moved to the US and trolls this board. I don't know if I will get banned for exposing his real name but since he can barely stop himself from dropping hints every day, here it is: Zeeshan Ali.

valiant
04-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I found a wiki article on zeeshan ali :D

Golden Retriever
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Mirka and Fed are already married, aren't they??

valiant
04-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Mirka and Fed are already married, aren't they??

This post is totally on topic. Unless we mention fed the thread is a waste.

Charles Norris
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I just have to let you all know this but you are so random its beyond entertaining. I love reading threads like this. Keep up the good work. This is why I read these posts everyday.

rommil
04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Mirza's wedding in Jeopardy? Is Trebek officiating? I always kinda though she was a Wheel of Fortune gal.

equinox
04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
pakistan, india cricketers are complete flops when traveling to australia. Couldn't hit themselves out of a paper bucket. More likely to take bribes to throw matches than win for a match fee.

ksbh
04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Valiant & Sentinel ... I'm beyond euphoric (or over the moon, as the saying goes) hearing that I'm Zeeshan Ali!

I would happily pass for him, but I have real human blood coursing through my veins, and I cannot but be honest. No, I'm not Zeeshan Ali :(

But I'd love nothing more than to be him. There is only one sight in all of this world that rivals Wasim Akram bowling and that is ... the sight of Zeeshan Ali's half-volley :)

To make a long story short, KSBH is a radio station that operates in Louisiana- KSBH 94.9 FM. Google it for more information.

:)

ksbh is actually an old indian tennis star who has moved to the US and trolls this board. I don't know if I will get banned for exposing his real name but since he can barely stop himself from dropping hints every day, here it is: Zeeshan Ali.

ksbh
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
But aren't some of the Indian cricketers treated like the most indispensable entities besides toilet paper?! :)

pakistan, india cricketers are complete flops when traveling to australia. Couldn't hit themselves out of a paper bucket. More likely to take bribes to throw matches than win for a match fee.

borg number one
04-07-2010, 10:43 AM

It's always harder to win on the road, but India is not bad on the international scene. I know that in past years, they've been the "top team" several times. India has had considerable success against Australia in India for example, based on some of what I've read. Australian captain Steve Waugh once referred to India as the "Final Frontier" due to the fact his side couldn't win a Test series in India (back around 2001).

Yet, I don't know a whole lot about the "world rankings" in cricket, but I do know that India, Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, and England often field really strong teams. Anyway, I don't doubt what you are saying. India's lack of hitting is often a topic discussed whenever I spend time in India. I also would not be surprised if "bribes" were involved.

valiant
04-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Your age if correct matches with his age :D ksbh

rossi46
04-07-2010, 02:24 PM
That is some pretty devastating news, I haven't been able to sleep since this thread was posted

valiant
04-07-2010, 02:42 PM
why are you losing your sleep over this ?

ksbh
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Val, at least there's something in common then! :)

Your age if correct matches with his age :D ksbh

mindgrinder
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
stupid media hype, i feel sania just needs her share of limelight, she could have married and then disclosed why to make noise before anything. Also i don't know why ppl are bothered so much, if she marries she should play for pak thats it simple...i wonder why does AITA has to get involved.

rossi46
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM

sarcasm Valiant

Sentinel
04-07-2010, 07:49 PM
To make a long story short, KSBH is a radio station that operates in Louisiana- KSBH 94.9 FM. Google it for more information.

:)
oh, dammm. I was hoping never to find out, that it would remain a mystery forever, something secret, to do with a childhood sweetheart or something ;-)
How utterly drab and uncreative, a radio station for crying out loud !!!

You, Sir, have let us down :-D

Simple, he is worried about the millions of dollars in WTA titles, that will now go to Pakistan i/o India. We will have to reduce our defense budget and then will be in grave danger of attack from Golden Retriever and Mahboob Khan (hehe). Very farsighted, i must admit.

abmk
04-07-2010, 07:57 PM

I dunno how much you follow cricket, but this hasn't been the case with India in the past decade ...

India beat Aus down under in the CB series in 2008 .... drew the test series in 2004, lost test series by 2-1 in 2008 ( mainly due to garbage umpiring in the 2nd test ) ... only real bad result in that time frame was the ODI series in 2004

valiant
04-08-2010, 02:31 AM
sarcasm Valiant

I feel dumb now. You sounded so convincing. Oh you can be a good actor :)

valiant
04-08-2010, 02:33 AM
I dunno how much you follow cricket, but this hasn't been the case with India in the past decade ...

India beat Aus down under in the CB series in 2008 .... drew the test series in 2004, lost test series by 2-1 in 2008 ( mainly due to garbage umpiring in the 2nd test ) ... only real bad result in that time frame was the ODI series in 2004

I dont want to derail this thread but I still feel bad for Tendulkar for being given out ( When he wasnt out). Those dubious desicions cost us the matches. As it happened more than once. Sigh.

The-Champ
04-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Jeopardy--final answer.

A wedding will be between a cricket player from Pakistan and a WTA player from India.

Answer: What is Miza's wedding?

pound cat
04-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Soap Operas would love this story:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/malik-mirza-try-to-clear-up-marriage-muddle-20100406-rnhj.html

More dramatic than a Bollywood movie

sureshs
04-08-2010, 07:27 AM

He was well known in his day.

Why doesn't he give tips in the Instruction section? No pro posts there, for all I know.

ksbh
04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Nanba Suresh, that's coz I got better things to do, like coach the youngsters of the Indian subcontinent that could use my experience & wisdom, than post on a forum all day long! Sure, I never made it to the top echelons of the tennis world but as you've stated yourself, I was well known in my day! :)

- Zeeshan. A

He was well known in his day.

Why doesn't he give tips in the Instruction section? No pro posts there, for all I know.

ksbh
04-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Sentinel ... I had 2 choices. Between romancing the young girls that were always on my trail & bringing glory to my country playing tennis, I chose the latter! :(

- Zeeshan. A

oh, dammm. I was hoping never to find out, that it would remain a mystery forever, something secret, to do with a childhood sweetheart or something ;-)
How utterly drab and uncreative, a radio station for crying out loud !!!

You, Sir, have let us down :-D

Simple, he is worried about the millions of dollars in WTA titles, that will now go to Pakistan i/o India. We will have to reduce our defense budget and then will be in grave danger of attack from Golden Retriever and Mahboob Khan (hehe). Very farsighted, i must admit.

Sentinel
04-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Sentinel ... I had 2 choices. Between romancing the young girls that were always on my trail & bringing glory to my country playing tennis, I chose the latter! :(

- Zeeshan. A

Sigh, I only wish Leander and Hesh had followed in your footsteps. (Seems they followed Vijay's footsteps, haha).

NonP
04-08-2010, 08:08 AM
ksbh, who's the lady in your avatar?

ksbh
04-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Lenka. A lady that I know. Why? Is she someone you're familiar with?

ksbh, who's the lady in your avatar?

NonP
04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Lenka. A lady that I know. Why? Is she someone you're familiar with?

No. Was just curious if she's someone famous.

ksbh
04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
ROFL!

Well in all fairness to them though, I was a tough act to follow! The only player that could match my sublime half-volleys was a certain Greek dude that won 7 Wimbledon titles and was never dominated by his cheif rivals! :)

- Zeeshan. A

Sigh, I only wish Leander and Hesh had followed in your footsteps. (Seems they followed Vijay's footsteps, haha).

ksbh
04-08-2010, 08:31 AM
OK, got it NP! :)

No. Was just curious if she's someone famous.

mandy01
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Hmmmmm....I think I'd take the Greek dude over a certain Zeeshan .A any day :D
He's absolutely adorable :oops:

Sentinel
04-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Cmon Marcos Baggy did not win 7 WO's and in any case he's from Cyprus, not Greece.

Oh, mandy, you'd take the lousy tipper would you ? ;-)

sureshs
04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Nanba Suresh, that's coz I got better things to do, like coach the youngsters of the Indian subcontinent that could use my experience & wisdom, than post on a forum all day long! Sure, I never made it to the top echelons of the tennis world but as you've stated yourself, I was well known in my day! :)

- Zeeshan. A

I bet you could beat most club players hands down even today.

Who was the highest rank player (worldwide) you played against?

ksbh
04-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Mandy & Sentinel ... ROFL, keep going. Very interesting read.

Cmon Marcos Baggy did not win 7 WO's and in any case he's from Cyprus, not Greece.

Oh, mandy, you'd take the lousy tipper would you ? ;-)

ksbh
04-08-2010, 10:07 AM
You bet, Suresh! I could beat most club players with one hand, the other hand tied to my back, whilst listening to Dire Straits playing Romeo & Juliet on my headphones! Only, I couldn't hear the umpire call out the score!

Between you & me, I once played an exhibition against the great Roddick. I couldn't but return one serve of his for I just didn't see any balls. Video footage later showed the clever Roddick timing his serve to coincide with my blinking of the eye! The ball whizzed by just as I blinked! It's an important technique of the game that I"m now teaching my wards :)

- Zeeshan. A

I bet you could beat most club players hands down even today.

Who was the highest rank player (worldwide) you played against?

boreas
04-08-2010, 10:45 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/im-already-married-admits-shoaib-malik-days-before-wedding-to-tennis-star-20100408-rtbx.html

"Mr Malik, 28, made the confession after the Muslim woman he married seven years ago handed her wedding night bedclothes to police for forensic testing to prove their marriage had been consummated."

ROFL, stained dress? Shades of Lewinski drama.

sureshs
04-08-2010, 11:35 AM

They had the best of both worlds

sureshs
04-08-2010, 11:38 AM
You bet, Suresh! I could beat most club players with one hand, the other hand tied to my back, whilst listening to Dire Straits playing Romeo & Juliet on my headphones! Only, I couldn't hear the umpire call out the score!

Between you & me, I once played an exhibition against the great Roddick. I couldn't but return one serve of his for I just didn't see any balls. Video footage later showed the clever Roddick timing his serve to coincide with my blinking of the eye! The ball whizzed by just as I blinked! It's an important technique of the game that I"m now teaching my wards :)

- Zeeshan. A

That is interesting. But I meant who was the highest ranked player you faced in your professional career who you consider as your peer at that time.

Also did you ever play against any of the three musketeers (Sr Krishnan, Lal, Mukherjee) or where they all retired before your time? Who was your coach?

sureshs
04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/im-already-married-admits-shoaib-malik-days-before-wedding-to-tennis-star-20100408-rtbx.html

"Mr Malik, 28, made the confession after the Muslim woman he married seven years ago handed her wedding night bedclothes to police for forensic testing to prove their marriage had been consummated."

ROFL, stained dress? Shades of Lewinski drama.

So the guy basically lied the first time. I wonder why Sania would want to marry a liar, especially one who lies about women. Also, he abandoned his first wife because she put on weight. Sania is already quite chubby now. What is she thinking? Doesn't she care at all about another woman who went through this suffering?

It is also interesting to see if his lie was under oath to the police earlier. Then he could be in legal trouble. But I think some payoffs may have been quietly arranged behind the scenes.

nikdom
04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Mirza making more waves off court than when she was on-court. What's new? Overrated, fat, tennis has-been. If she were not a muslim girl from the sub-continent, she would hardly attract any attention for her game.

sureshs
04-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Mirza making more waves off court than when she was on-court. What's new? Overrated, fat, tennis has-been. If she were not a muslim girl from the sub-continent, she would hardly attract any attention for her game.

She has/had one of the hardest forehands in the WTA

film1
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
She is crazy to marry that guy, not just because he is probably a womanizer who will always be messing around but because she might actually have to sit through some Cricket matches.

nikdom
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
She has/had one of the hardest forehands in the WTA

Cmon, there are many girls who whack the ball better than she did. Her FH was her best shot and that's why it feels like it was good.

ksbh
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Suresh ... It's been many years since I hung up my racket. I'll need to think up the answers to those questions. Can you give me a few days? Blame it on my lazy fans ... not one person bothered to start a fan page for easy reference!

By the way, Sr Krishnan & lal were well before my time. As for Mukherjee ... the only one that I knew was Kuheli Mukherjee. A stunning Bengali lass that I met in the north-east, about 1999-2000! Too bad I was too shy to do anything with her! :)

- Zeeshan. A

That is interesting. But I meant who was the highest ranked player you faced in your professional career who you consider as your peer at that time.

Also did you ever play against any of the three musketeers (Sr Krishnan, Lal, Mukherjee) or where they all retired before your time? Who was your coach?

valiant
04-08-2010, 05:55 PM
So now you admit. Also ksbh your DOB is wrong either here or on wiki :D

ksbh
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Val ... let's go with the Wiki date. I'll modify it when I get a chance. Can you please post a link to my wiki page so Suresh can get all my details from there? :)

- Zali (= Zeeshan A)

So now you admit. Also ksbh your DOB is wrong either here or on wiki :D

valiant
04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
For suresh on demand :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeeshan_Ali

Sentinel
04-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Blame it on my lazy fans ... not one person bothered to start a fan page for easy reference!

- Zeeshan. A
I accept full responsibility for this lapse, due to my sin of excessive trolling, that too for Federer.

Before the settlement, experts said even if the couple had married, Mr Malik was free to marry Miss Mirza as Islam allowed a man to take four wives as long as he was able to meet their needs.
Okay. so four are allowed.

Under an Indian custom, brides keep their wedding night clothes, often unwashed, and pass them on to their daughters or daughters-in-law to wear on their wedding nights.
"We spent intimate nights in the Taj Krishna as well as the Taj Residency [hotels]. According to the custom, the clothes are still with me," Miss Siddiqui said. She told police Mr Malik had later ignored her after she put on weight and that, at his request, she had surgery to insert a gastric band to help her slim. "The surgery has not helped me lose weight," she said.

Wow!!!!

Totally agree with sureshs and others, that Sania is knowingly marrying a liar and someone who has dumped a girl. But haven;t we observed that happening too many times before. Man kills wife to marry mistress. In a few cases existing children are also killed on one side. So wife is knowingly marrying a murderer.

I can only wish her the best.

Back on track. Guys, I cannot permit an inquisition of ksbh here. First someone wants to know what the user name stands for, then who is the lady in the avatar, and now his personal history. What next, will you strip-search him ? Or ask him his racquet setup (gasp!). ksbh is not the one who is marrying Sania, so lay off, people.:)

sureshs
04-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Suresh ... It's been many years since I hung up my racket. I'll need to think up the answers to those questions. Can you give me a few days? Blame it on my lazy fans ... not one person bothered to start a fan page for easy reference!

By the way, Sr Krishnan & lal were well before my time. As for Mukherjee ... the only one that I knew was Kuheli Mukherjee. A stunning Bengali lass that I met in the north-east, about 1999-2000! Too bad I was too shy to do anything with her! :)

- Zeeshan. A

Was talking about Jaideep Mukherjee. Surely being from Kolkata you had heard of him?

I remember seeing your name every other day on the sports page in those days.

Wikipedia says you are in Dubai, Sentinel says you are in US. Which is correct?

sureshs
04-09-2010, 04:21 AM

Already saw it

sureshs
04-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Couple of more questions for ksbh:

1. Did you start playing with a wooden racquet?

2. What are you current racquet specs (model, customization, etc)? Not some racquet you use for coaching, but one you would use in a somewhat competitive situation?

ksbh
04-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Nanba ... I alternate between the 2 locations. I prefer being where the currency is stronger, so it depends on how the currencies of the 2 countries are doing. So both Wikipedia and Herr Sentinel are right.

-Zali

Was talking about Jaideep Mukherjee. Surely being from Kolkata you had heard of him?

I remember seeing your name every other day on the sports page in those days.

Wikipedia says you are in Dubai, Sentinel says you are in US. Which is correct?

ksbh
04-09-2010, 11:05 AM
1. No, I played with graphite all my life. Never fancied wooden racquets because I always believed that trees shouldn't be felled simply for our playing pleasure. I don't use paper either, for the same reason.

2. None. I've ceased to play matches of any kind, regardless of level of competition.

- Zali

Couple of more questions for ksbh:

1. Did you start playing with a wooden racquet?

2. What are you current racquet specs (model, customization, etc)? Not some racquet you use for coaching, but one you would use in a somewhat competitive situation?

ksbh
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks Val. Didn't do the trick though ... Suresh continues to spray questions at me :(

ksbh
04-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm never one to blow my own trumpet, yet I must say it's always been problematic for people not to talk about me.

And correct, I wouldn't marry Sania if I was paid a half-million dollars to do it!

- Zali

Back on track. Guys, I cannot permit an inquisition of ksbh here. First someone wants to know what the user name stands for, then who is the lady in the avatar, and now his personal history. What next, will you strip-search him ? Or ask him his racquet setup (gasp!). ksbh is not the one who is marrying Sania, so lay off, people.:)

NonP
04-09-2010, 11:19 AM
ksbh, you actually are Zeeshan Ali in real life? I thought this was just a running joke.

sureshs
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks Val. Didn't do the trick though ... Suresh continues to spray questions at me :(

Sentinel was the one who started all this by outing you.

But it is very nice to have a real tennis player in our midst instead of the usual 3.5 hacks.

Looks like you were in the news just 2 years ago during the Lee-Hesh DC splat:

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/ali-hopes-indian-express-can-get-back-on-track-1.90528

Not to mention you seem to be one handsome guy.

sureshs
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
And correct, I wouldn't marry Sania if I was paid a half-million dollars to do it!

I would marry her at once and use the money to pay off our loans.

DRII
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Probably very off topic. But of the stuff that is happening in Mangalore (sic) right now is really disturbing!

sureshs
04-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Probably very off topic. But of the stuff that is happening in Mangalore (sic) right now is really disturbing!

The rumor that they are getting married (already have?) at once is still out there despite the denial.

I wonder if Sania knew about the previous woman/believed him when he said he had not married her. If she was duped too, that is bad news - and she may be in a bind about what to do. Canceling 2 marriages in sequence would not go down well with her detractors.

valiant
04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
This thread must be dedicated to someone you know who :D

valiant
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM

But it is very nice to have a real tennis player in our midst instead of the usual 3.5 hacks.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/ali-hopes-indian-express-can-get-back-on-track-1.90528

Oh I agree on the handsome part. We dont see much handsome ppl in sports from India.

kishnabe
04-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Sania Mirza isn't anything special...so she can do whatever she wants...why do the media hog over this woman>>

pound cat
04-09-2010, 02:52 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47600000/jpg/_47600638_couple_enlarged.jpg

Awwwwwww

Her parents must be wringing their hands

MonkeyPox
04-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Sania is crazy. What is the rush to marry someone you just started dating, who appears to be a jackass to start with? She just ditched one guy and now is going into a disastrous marriage. Seems like something from The Bachelor. Except they never actually get married in the end. Maybe she won't either. She needs to take the time to work on her game instead. For all the hype she received she hasn't had much in the way of results. Cute though.

Sentinel
04-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Not to mention the lowly 4.0-5.0 players here who think they are "The s***" but could never hold a rally with me without spraining their wrists and twisting their ankles. And those were just warm-ups for me!

ksbh, when you are in Dubai next, I can fly down for a set or 2 with you at the Jumeria. I'll introduce you to Roger, if he's there!

Sentinel
04-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Would you marry Shoaib if you were Sania ??

Several questions are doing the rounds. Like, firstly, why is Sania Mirza, who is just 24, in such a tearing hurry to marry this man? It isn’t as if he is the most eligible bachelor around. And, it’s not even certain if he is a bachelor! Given the couple met and fell in love, yet why the rush to marry, why not wait for a couple of months until this grand parade of skeletons from Shoaib’s closet has ended? Or his divorce, if he is married, comes through? Second, Shoaib is no Imran Khan — the lionhearted Pathan was one of the world’s most eligible in his time, and a real bachelor until he got married at 43 — whereas Shoaib, at 28, is terribly immature as can be seen from the silly interviews he is giving about his alleged marriage and first wife Ayesha. So what’s Sania’s hurry? She can’t be so madly in love with Shoaib that she’s willing to overlook all these controversies and risk being the second wife of a man who, well, is painted both sides of the border as being something of a rat! Is it on the rebound? Or is it because Sania’s in the autumn of her tennis career, so to speak?

http://movies.indiatimes.com/Features/If-you-were-Sania-would-you-marry-Shoaib/articleshow/5762231.cms

sureshs
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't understand the rush here either.

I don't buy the "she is in her twilight years" argument. She has amassed enough wealth with all her endorsements. She will only be even more financially desirable going forward, when she stops spending on traveling and coaching. Then she can marry whoever she wants.

I think she is in a disturbed state of mind due to her breakup with the previous guy and all the social/religious pressure that has been put on her when she was younger. Such things take a toll. Now some people have asked her to be "deported" if she goes ahead with her marriage. Obviously, they really don't care about constitutional rights but only about their opinions, which is typical of religious types. With this kind of daily pressure, media amplification, and the need for 24-hr security, she could really be in a state of confusion.

She needs to take the equivalent of an injury timeout and come back recharged.

mindgrinder
04-10-2010, 06:40 PM

I don't buy the "she is in her twilight years" argument. She has amassed enough wealth with all her endorsements. She will only be even more financially desirable going forward, when she stops spending on traveling and coaching. Then she can marry whoever she wants.

I think she is in a disturbed state of mind due to her breakup with the previous guy and all the social/religious pressure that has been put on her when she was younger. Such things take a toll. Now some people have asked her to be "deported" if she goes ahead with her marriage. Obviously, they really don't care about constitutional rights but only about their opinions, which is typical of religious types. With this kind of daily pressure, media amplification, and the need for 24-hr security, she could really be in a state of confusion.

why are ppl even bothered so much! let her marry its her life...let her stay where ever she wants, only thing is sports authority should decide whom she will represent.

Sentinel
04-10-2010, 08:53 PM
In yet another twist to their controversial wedding build-up, Indian tennis star Sania Mirza and Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik sought to re-schedule their marriage to Friday evening but were forced to push it back to the original date of April 15 due to legal hassles.

The marriage, which was confirmed by the Quazi Azmatullah Jaffri of Dar-Ul-Qazzat earlier in the day, could not be performed as Shoaib reportedly could not submit necessary documents like passport and clearances with regard to closing of the criminal case filed against him.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/shoaib-sania-marriage-pushed-back-to-april-15-19617.php

In times of love, sex aur dhoka, the newly engaged couple -- Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik -- have installed a CCTV outside Sania Mirza's Hyderabad home. It's nothing lascivious. The camera is meant to monitor the crowd outside the Mirza residence, especially the paparazzi.

Incidentally, police permission is required to set up a surveillance camera, but the Maliks have flouted the rule and installed one in a corner of the first floor of their residence, adjacent to the room that Shoaib currently occupies.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/sania-shoaib-fix-cctv-to-track-mob-19714.php

ksbh
04-12-2010, 05:56 AM
LOL, NP! Your question tells me I'm a good impersonator! Hope that answers your question! :)

ksbh, you actually are Zeeshan Ali in real life? I thought this was just a running joke.

ksbh
04-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Suresh ... a brilliant tennis player I may be, but a handsome man?! It's certainly not as far fetched as saying Federer has a beautifully shaped nose, but yet! :)

As for Sentinel ... well, what can I say? He has a knack of keeping me honest :(

ksbh
04-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Herr Sentinel ... just for the record, I couldn't care less if Sania married her neighbor's sister! All I'm doing is using a thread dedicated to her for discussion about a tennis legend who now lives in Dubai! :)

Would you marry Shoaib if you were Sania ??

http://movies.indiatimes.com/Features/If-you-were-Sania-would-you-marry-Shoaib/articleshow/5762231.cms

ksbh
04-12-2010, 06:05 AM
I do and I can certainly tell you ... but only if you got the mods to promise me I wouldn't be gagged for 2 weeks! :)

ksbh
04-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Herr Sentinel- nobody in his or her right mind could refuse an offer to hit with a legend ... someone who can make people sprain & twist body parts on the court! 1 set will be just fine. 2 sets in the Dubai heat? See, I was buit for the long haul but age has certainly caught up with me! :(

Not to mention the lowly 4.0-5.0 players here who think they are "The s***" but could never hold a rally with me without spraining their wrists and twisting their ankles. And those were just warm-ups for me!

ksbh, when you are in Dubai next, I can fly down for a set or 2 with you at the Jumeria. I'll introduce you to Roger, if he's there!

ksbh
04-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Zeeshan A?

This thread must be dedicated to someone you know who :D

Sentinel
04-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Now now, Zee (if I may call you that) -- don't try pretending your aren't who you are. You can't squirm out of a 2 setter with me sometime this fall. I promise to take it easy with you, seeing that you are aging a bit and out of form.

If Lendl and Wilander can have an exhibition match, you can surely whip yourself into a bit of shape.

A hint here -- I have a one hander, so you can probably keep lobbing to my backhand, but you'll have no respect from after that ;-)

sureshs
04-12-2010, 06:49 AM
I do and I can certainly tell you ... but only if you got the mods to promise me I wouldn't be gagged for 2 weeks! :)

I know what you will say, and I already thought about it, and I don't think it is likely.

roysid
04-12-2010, 09:11 PM
well sania married shoaib all is well with them.
The loser is that girl Ayesha who will have a tough time getting married now.

Sentinel
04-13-2010, 02:36 AM
^^ Is it over, then ?

I thought it was 15th.

sureshs
04-13-2010, 07:01 AM
^^ Is it over, then ?

I thought it was 15th.

It was yesterday

sureshs
04-13-2010, 07:13 AM
well sania married shoaib all is well with them.

She must have received a huge backdoor settlement.

"But there're reports suggesting that Shoaib has paid a good 15 crore to buy his independence"

http://www.hindustantimes.com/SaniaMirzaFullcoverage/MarrigeSpecial.aspx?Special=weddingbellsforsania

bezs
04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
^^ Is it over, then ?

I thought it was 15th.

They moved it forward, not quite sure what's the rush.

sureshs
04-13-2010, 08:08 AM
They moved it forward, not quite sure what's the rush.

"Sources said the nikah was advanced to avoid further controversies. Islamic scholars Sunday issued a fatwa terming as un-Islamic the proximity between Sania and Shoaib before the marriage."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/special-news-report/weddingbellsforsania/Ceremonies-begin-at-Sania-Mirza-s-house/Article3-530820.aspx

Sentinel
04-13-2010, 08:31 AM
oh well. end of thread for me (i think).

Sentinel
04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
"But there're reports suggesting that Shoaib has paid a good 15 crore to buy his independence"

No no, I am ready to marry her.

soyizgood
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
This girl is a drama queen. He's a drama boy himself. Mirza can retire, become a mother, and be a "proper" Muslim lady.

Sentinel
04-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Bollywood style:
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/gupshup/2010/sania-shoaib-wedding-bollywood-130410.html

Some sleaze:
Love hurts. It's common knowledge that Sania Mirza was linked to Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor in the past but she has ignored him for her wedding reception to be held tomorrow (April 15) in Hyderabad.

The 'Haq Mehr' (dower money) kept in the Nikah ceremony performed between Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik on Monday was a staggering Rs 61 lakhs.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/images/HTEditImages/Images/sania-mehendi2.jpg

valiant
04-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Well she will get that money in case of divorce.

bezs
04-14-2010, 05:31 AM
That is one really intricate henna tattoo.

Underhand
04-14-2010, 05:40 AM
WTH is cricket? It's some kind of insect, no? So Mirza's husband plays with insects? Should grow up.

NonP
04-14-2010, 05:50 AM
LOL, NP! Your question tells me I'm a good impersonator! Hope that answers your question! :)

It does... I think. :)

Sentinel
04-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Well she will get that money in case of divorce.
Are you sure of that ? Isn't it just dowry - which will go to the husband's side. Else, why kept in the nikaah between both families.

Thanks for your mature insights, underarm.

SempreSami
04-14-2010, 07:40 AM
WTH is cricket? It's some kind of insect, no? So Mirza's husband plays with insects? Should grow up.

Keeping up with the cretin act, I see.

SempreSami
04-14-2010, 07:44 AM

And yet all India want to do is play rubbish two test series and attempt to ruin the County Championship in this country.

ksbh
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
The hype around some of the Indian cricketers by the fans & media in India is staggering.

And yet all India want to do is play rubbish two test series and attempt to ruin the County Championship in this country.

ksbh
04-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Poor ex-cricketer, he needs dowry money to keep his household running!

No self-respecting guy takes a penny from anyone, much less from his wife-to-be! It's quite apparent this guy doesn't have much self-esteem. And that mediocre tennis player ... well, the less said about her the better!

Are you sure of that ? Isn't it just dowry - which will go to the husband's side. Else, why kept in the nikaah between both families.

Thanks for your mature insights, underarm.

Sentinel
04-14-2010, 08:18 AM

No self-respecting guy takes a penny from anyone, much less from his wife-to-be! It's quite apparent this guy doesn't have much self-esteem. And that mediocre tennis player ... well, the less said about her the better!
I wish the bolded line could be bannered on billboards across India and on TV, too.

Oh wait wait, that means i can't marry Ayesha for her 15 crore :-(

borg number one
04-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Yes, that dowry system is wrong. My parents refused to use a dowry, while some of their peers used a dowry. There's no way a man should take a dowry. I agree. It's unfair.

ksbh
04-14-2010, 08:25 AM
There are plenty of other rich & beautiful women for a charismatic & handsome man as yourself. Why you're after Ayesha is a mystery. Unless you're secretly pining for Jackie Shroff's wife!

Just for the record, I'm not opposed to extra-marital affairs!

I wish the bolded line could be bannered on billboards across India and on TV, too.

Oh wait wait, that means i can't marry Ayesha for her 15 crore :-(

ksbh
04-14-2010, 08:26 AM
You're parents must be very honorable people, BN1, and we need plenty more folks like them!

Yes, that dowry system is wrong. My parents refused to use a dowry, while some of their peers used a dowry. There's no way a man should take a dowry. I agree. It's unfair.

bhathiya9999
04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Shoib Malik is a grate Cricket player in Pakistan

ksbh
04-14-2010, 08:33 AM
In & of themselves, most Pakistan cricket team members are great players! But their personal habits are quite less desirable, taking dowry for example.

But all said & done, nobody compares to the great Wasim Akram! They call Sampras the King of swing but I really think that title belongs to Akram!

Shoib Malik is a grate Cricket player in Pakistan

mandy01
04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
In & of themselves, most Pakistan cricket team members are great players! But their personal habits are quite less desirable, taking dowry for example.
Yes,and since the Muslim law in India differs from the Hindu marriage law ,these acts can be done pretty openly.
Either way,it's a real shame to say the least.

Mahboob Khan
04-14-2010, 08:44 AM
There was a thread on Sania Mirza about few months back. In that thread it was reported that since Mahesh Bhupati divorced his wife, he was flexing his muscles to marry Sania. No one ever suspected that Shoaib Malik was getting closer to her. Maybe on the tour they stayed together in a hotel! It's reported that Pak Cricket team and Sania Mirza were staying in the same hotel but I would like to know more on this relationship. How and when it started?

Anyway, after many ups and downs the marriage ceremony has taken place and both are happy and satisfied from each other.

The Indian press, Police, and the Extremist Hindu Organization, are against this marriage. They are like, "we have spent money on you and you are marrying a Pakistani". I also suspect that because of the hard time she got from the Indians, Sania will be reluctant to play for India. However, the question is whether she will play for Pakistan? And whether she will settle with her husband in Sialkot or Dubai?

The valima is set to take place in Lahore within next 2/3 days if Shoaib gets his passport back from Hyderabad Police.

We will see what happens once the honeymoon is over!

Here in Pakistan, I have suggested 3 mixed doubles exhibition matches at Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi:

Sania Mirza/Aqeel Khan Pak No. 1
Aisam Qureshi ATP Player/Sarah Mahboob Khan Pak No. 1

This idea is being perculated right now in the tennis circles.

Mahboob Khan

ksbh
04-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Hey Mandy! Haven't seen your moniker in here very often lately. Good to see you back :)

Remember, to give is just as bad as to accept. I wonder why people, upon being asked for dowry, cannot put on their finest, shiny pointed shoes and drive it into the rear-end of the wanna-be-groom?!

Yes,and since the Muslim law in India differs from the Hindu marriage law ,these acts can be done pretty openly.
Either way,it's a real shame to say the least.

mandy01
04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey Mandy! Haven't seen your moniker in here very often lately. Good to see you back :)

Remember, to give is just as bad as to accept. I wonder why people, upon being asked for dowry, cannot put on their finest, shiny pointed shoes and drive it into the rear-end of the wanna-be-groom?!

Certainly.This whole Shoaib-Sania affair is ridiculous.
For someone who has grown up in a generally progressive atmosphere Sania should've known better than to hand over 61 lakh rupees in dowry.

Mahboob Khan
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM

I do see some frustration on the part of Sania Mirza. We all know she has received tough time from religious extremists from both the aisles.. Hindus and Muslims.

Surprisingly, while Shoaib was in Sania Mirza's house, another Hyderabadi girl, Ayesha Siddiqui, claimed that she was the wife of Shoaib Malik and that he cannot marry Sania until and unless he divorces her. She also produced a "Nikkah Nama" which bore the signature of Shoaib Malik who stated that he was duped and Ayesha was not the woman he married. Anyway, once the Police took his passport, he realized the heat and "divorced" Ayesha. All this happened in front of Sania Mirza who supported Shoaib Malik in this difficult time. Anyway, both are married now. We will see more drama once both crosses the border into Pakistan where there is power outage 18 hours a day. Or will they settle in Dubai? For how long will they be able to sustain this type of royal spendings?

ksbh
04-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Agreed!

By the way, google Wasim Akram and you'll see in the google news section of reports that say there are rumours that Akram may be dating Sushmita Sen.

If true, all I can say is good for Akram ... Bengali girls are awesome! :)

For someone who has grown up in a generally progressive atmosphere Sania should've known better than to hand over 61 lakh rupees in dowry.

Mahboob Khan
04-14-2010, 08:57 AM

In case of divorce she will receive 61 lakh rupees.

mandy01
04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Agreed!

By the way, google Wasim Akram and you'll see in the google news section of reports that say there are rumours that Akram may be dating Sushmita Sen.

I don't get what's so interesting/great about Sushmita Sen :?
The guys probably know best though :lol:

ksbh
04-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Are you serious?! 18 hours a day? Boy, you folks shouldn't have let that imbecile Musharraf run your country for so long. He's gone now but I think the damage has been done :(

We will see more drama once both crosses the border into Pakistan where there is power outage 18 hours a day. Or will they settle in Dubai? For how long will they be able to sustain this type of royal spendings?

mandy01
04-14-2010, 09:01 AM
So she gets the money she gives for her maintenance...okkkkkk...

ksbh
04-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Couldn't agree more, Mandy! Sushmita Sen is as interesting as a sleeping tortoise!

I was speaking of Bengali women in general :)

I don't get what's so interesting/great about Sushmita Sen :?
The guys probably know best though :lol:

mandy01
04-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Are you serious?! 18 hours a day? Boy, you folks shouldn't have that imbecile Musharraf run your country for so long. He's gone now but I think the damage has been done :(It's not that much better in the rural areas of India ( probably a lot worse.) .Two incompetent governments running next to each other.What a joy :roll:

ksbh
04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
ROFL X 1000, Mandy! Funny, but sadly true.

It's not that much better in the rural areas of India ( probably a lot worse.) .Two incompetent governments running next to each other.What a joy :roll:

The-Champ
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM

I think Pakistan should worry more of about the taliban trying to take over peshawar, than some meaningless wedding. Ban the wahabbis once and for all. Expose the ideology.

Great Uncle Bulgaria
04-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Agreed!

Cheers ksbh; glad someone appreciates us :grin:

ksbh
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
GUB ... I was just stating a fact :)

Are you a Bengali lad or lass? If you're the latter, please update your profile with a pic! ;)

Cheers ksbh; glad someone appreciates us :grin:

Mahboob Khan
04-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Are you serious?! 18 hours a day? Boy, you folks shouldn't have let that imbecile Musharraf run your country for so long. He's gone now but I think the damage has been done :(

Well, in the rural areas there is no power, period.

In Lahore which is the second largest city after Karachi and where Sania's valeema will take place, there is electricity only 6 hours/day, rest is darkness. Wealthy people got their own generators but these generators run on diesel and diesel is more expensive than petrol.

Our leaders should have built dams about 20 years ago, they did not; they should have built coal-powered power plants but they did not. Pakistan has one of the largest coal and copper reserves, also oil, gas, and gold reserves, but alas our corrupt government does not do nothing. Even today whilst the masses are burning outside, our leaders have flats, palaces, in the U.K. and USA. Yes, it's that bad!

Our entire leadership/government is owned by the USA. In the socalled war against terrorism as an ally of the USA we have suffered a net loss of about $100 billion (lost revenue as a result of lost business) yet the USA has done nothing to help us. I suspect that in the near future our government will be taken over by the people .. angry people.

Mahboob Khan
04-14-2010, 06:12 PM
I think Pakistan should worry more of about the taliban trying to take over peshawar, than some meaningless wedding. Ban the wahabbis once and for all. Expose the ideology.

What's wrong with the Wahabis? We have no Wahabis here! Wahab is the name of a person whose teachings were to worship one supreme God. He was against taking graves and other wordly objects for God. He was a scholar who cleansed the religion of unnecessary fat added by the people through their own ignorance. I do not see any problem with the Wahabis. Basically, he said, "Qur'an and Sunnah (sayings/actions of the Prophet) are relevant, and the rest is not".

Please do not hijack this thread.

Mahboob Khan
04-14-2010, 06:14 PM
If both the Governments -- Indian and Pakistani -- want they can use this wedding as a bridge for betterment of relations!

Sentinel
04-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Couldn't agree more, Mandy! Sushmita Sen is as interesting as a sleeping tortoise!

I was speaking of Bengali women in general :)
oh yes, ksbh, for the second time our tastes match. Bengali women absolutely rock.

I am saddened to hear of Pak having power cuts for 18 hours. Here in Delhi even a one or 2 hour cut is frowned upon -- luckily we have battery run inverters which can last many hours. I was also suprised to hear that diesel is more costly - in India its subsidized quite a bit.

I suppose in places like Bihar we would have similar power problems.

Back on topic, I am sure (I hope) Sania's dad would have thought of these issues before deciding. Hope for her happiness (if there is such a thing after marriage!).

mindgrinder
04-15-2010, 08:01 AM
would somebody please close this thread, it is turning into a political discussion!