PDA

View Full Version : The GOAT of excuses in this era

TMF
04-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Which players do you think are most guilty for making excuses after a loss?

I mean not just the vast number of times in their career, but the weigh of their reason. For example, saying "the match was in my racquet" is worse than saying "He/she played great but I wasn't motivated enough".

GasquetGOAT
04-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Nadal - every loss is a disaster! no?

Leelord337
04-06-2010, 10:07 AM
where's henin?

AndyArodRoddick
04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Got to be Murray.

batz
04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Got to be Murray.

Care to list them?

phishua
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I think Jelena Jankovic has to be included i this discussion.

GasquetGOAT
04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Fed shouldn't be in this poll he doesn't make excuse, he's just arrogant!

AndyArodRoddick
04-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Care to list them?

After his loss to Verdasco:
ANDY MURRAY: Uhm, well, I mean, I could have started a couple of the sets better. You know, I went behind, played a couple of poor games early in the second and fourth sets to get behind. You know, if I sort of stayed on top there, that might have made a bit of a difference.

After his loss to Nadal in IW 09.
"You know, obviously today was not my best day"

After his loss to Fed in Cincy 09.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, I was just happy that I managed to keep it close in the second, because I returned poorly and served poorly.

And After his loss to Cilic in USO

ANDY MURRAY: I had a problem with it for a week or so. But regardless, I mean, you know, I just struggled today. I played poorly. You know, I'm obviously very disappointed. I mean, after, you know, the way that the last three Slams went I felt like I had actually played well and lost.
And today, you know, it didn't feel like -- didn't feel like I played well.

I mean players usually praise and say good things about other people or say he was just better, but not Murray.

TMF
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Care to list them?

I think Murray latest excuse was in Dubai. The excuse for the loss in Dubai was Andy didn't take the tourney seriously, but use the matches as an experiment..testing new shots, adding new tactics. Pretty insulting to the Dubai oraganizers, let alone no respect to the player he lost.

TMF
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM

B/c of a Federer fan, I added him in the poll just to be fair. Otherwise non-fed fans might think I'm biased.

mtr1
04-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Murray latest excuse was in Dubai. The excuse for the loss in Dubai was Andy didn't take the tourney seriously, but use the matches as an experiment..testing new shots, adding new tactics. Pretty insulting to the Dubai oraganizers, let alone no respect to the player he lost.

How do you improve if you don't try different things, in a match situation? Federer has done it in smaller tournaments over the years, and look at the success it has brought him. People are so quick to criticize Murray, especially on this US dominated forum.

TMF
04-06-2010, 10:44 AM
How do you improve if you don't try different things, in a match situation? Federer has done it in smaller tournaments over the years, and look at the success it has brought him. People are so quick to criticize Murray, especially on this US dominated forum.

The point is it STILL an excuse after a loss. Had Murray won, you think he would say those things? Losing in a 2nd round look bad and he covered up for that lame excuse(although he could have easily find a better excuse).

Sorry, Roddick and Serena gets a lot of heat too and they are from US. Not just player from Europe.

davey25
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Only 1 WTA player on the poll is already an epic fail.

PSNELKE
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=

ANDY MURRAY: I had a problem with it for a week or so. But regardless, I mean, you know, I just struggled today. I played poorly. You know, I'm obviously very disappointed. I mean, after, you know, the way that the last three Slams went I felt like I had actually played well and lost.

I mean players usually praise and say good things about other people or say he was just better, but not Murray.[/QUOTE]

yeah that thing with cilic was the most pathetic excuse i´ve ever heard he can´t praise his opponent because Cilic really kicked his ***.
This guy is a bad looser.

patty_mnouchkine
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM

honesty comes at a price

batz
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
ANDY MURRAY: Uhm, well, I mean, I could have started a couple of the sets better. You know, I went behind, played a couple of poor games early in the second and fourth sets to get behind. You know, if I sort of stayed on top there, that might have made a bit of a difference.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, I was just happy that I managed to keep it close in the second, because I returned poorly and served poorly.

I mean players usually praise and say good things about other people or say he was just better, but not Murray.

Re Verdasco at AO from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7850375.stm

0934: "If I say that I'm sick and it affected me, I know it's going to be like, 'Well, he's making excuses for losing'. I don't feel that was the reason why I lost. I definitely did have my chances, and he played too well."

0919: "I don't think it was anything to do with physical, concentration or my game. He played too good for me - that's what happens. I'm not here to try and make excuses for why I lost."
Andy Murray after losing to Fernando Verdasco

re Nadal at IW from http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jGJpRGn07r6vl_AGl-J3CmgSOq5Q

Murray, meanwhile, seemed unable to get to grips with the situation.

"I think I accpeted a little bit better than him the conditions today," Nadal said, and Murray agreed.

"Rafa dealt with it very well," Murray said. "He hit the ball cleaner and seemed to get himself in better positions than I did.

You would appear to be havering a load of p1sh.

AndyArodRoddick
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Re Verdasco at AO from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7850375.stm

0934: "If I say that I'm sick and it affected me, I know it's going to be like, 'Well, he's making excuses for losing'. I don't feel that was the reason why I lost. I definitely did have my chances, and he played too well."

0919: "I don't think it was anything to do with physical, concentration or my game. He played too good for me - that's what happens. I'm not here to try and make excuses for why I lost."
Andy Murray after losing to Fernando Verdasco

re Nadal at IW from http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jGJpRGn07r6vl_AGl-J3CmgSOq5Q

Murray, meanwhile, seemed unable to get to grips with the situation.

"I think I accpeted a little bit better than him the conditions today," Nadal said, and Murray agreed.

"Rafa dealt with it very well," Murray said. "He hit the ball cleaner and seemed to get himself in better positions than I did.

You would appear to be havering a load of p1sh.

I used www.asapsports.com

JimF
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
This isn't exactly an excuse, but that's why I like it:

After winning in Asia last fall Ernests Gulbis was asked whether it was his best match yet. He replied: "I've had many beautiful losses." :confused:

batz
04-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I used www.asapsports.com

I'm sure you did. I'm not suggesting that your quotes are incorrect. I'm suggesting that they are completely selective and as such, in no way support your contention that Murray makes excuses when he loses and doesn't give players credit. In the examples you cited, Murray clearly does both.

Every player who loses a match will come off feeling they could have done something better. That is not the same thing as saying "I only lost because..<insert excuse>".

If you can find me a bunch of quotes where Murray does that, then fair enough - you may be on to something. Good luck with finding them.

aphex
04-06-2010, 11:30 AM
ALTITUDE TOO HIGH, NO?

/thread

TMF
04-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Only 1 WTA player on the poll is already an epic fail.

Feel free to list other wta players that are beyond Serena's level. And give reasons, just don't list names and walk away.

TMF
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
honesty comes at a price

Was Murray honestly trying to lose in the 2nd round? Afraid not.

batz
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Was Murray honestly trying to lose in the 2nd round? Afraid not.

What is it with this forum and strawman arguments?

Nobody said Murray tried to lose. You are arguing a point that nobody has made. Murray said he was trying something different. That's not the same thing as trying to lose. It's not even close.

Mr_Shiver
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
How are we differentiating exuses from reasons?

TMF
04-06-2010, 11:51 AM
What is it with this forum and strawman arguments?

Nobody said Murray tried to lose. You are arguing a point that nobody has made. Murray said he was trying something different. That's not the same thing as trying to lose. It's not even close.

He tried new tactics but the point is he DOESN'T want to lose either.

Does this picture look like a player who doesn't care about winning?
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/2/27/1267295505561/Andy-Murray-001.jpg

Exactly!

batz
04-06-2010, 11:56 AM
He tried new tactics but the point is he DOESN'T want to lose either.

Does this picture look like a player who doesn't care about winning?
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/2/27/1267295505561/Andy-Murray-001.jpg

Exactly!

Apologies - I took the opposite meaning from your post. Of course he wanted to win. He even smashed a racket at the end - not something he does very often

jones101
04-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I think Jelena Jankovic has to be included i this discussion.

I picked Nadal, but JJ has to be the worst (and most hilarious), didnt she blame her period for her loss to Oudin?

BlackRacket
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Out of those mentionned : Serena then MonoFed

Spider
04-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Of course Federer. He just cannot accept defeat with grace.

okdude1992
04-10-2010, 10:41 PM
how is serena not WAY ahead in this poll. she NEVER gives her opponents credit.
after that its a tie between nadal's knee injuries and fed's mono

okdude1992
04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I picked Nadal, but JJ has to be the worst (and most hilarious), didnt she blame her period for her loss to Oudin?

thats awkward

CMM
04-10-2010, 10:51 PM

Q: A la fin du match, c'était quasiment obscur. Regrettez-vous que le match n'ait pas été interrompu ?

R: "C'était impossible de jouer. C'est dur pour moi, de perdre le plus grand tournoi du monde sur une question de lumière. Mais c'est comme ça... (...) Je ne voyais presque plus contre qui je jouais."

http://www.france24.com/fr/20080707-tennis-wimbledon-federer-finale-defaite-nadal
:rolleyes:............

davey25
04-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Feel free to list other wta players that are beyond Serena's level. And give reasons, just don't list names and walk away.

If it were indisuptable why bother having a poll. Some other WTA players though that also deserve inclusion on this poll would be:

Henin- using blatant acts of cheating to win some of her big slam matches, and quitting with a phony tummy ache while getting her *** kicked in another. Often doesnt give her opponent credit after defeats either, finding various excuses.

Jankovic- an array of silly injuries and drama both on and off the court. Often talks about such and such an injury after a loss, and sometimes even blames the chair umpire for her mental breakdowns (eg- 2007 U.S Open).

Schnyder- she has actually confessed to tanking matches vs opponents she doesnt like, and uses that to excuse the losses. She has sometimes refused to shake hands with opponents she didnt like, namely Anna Kournikova and Conchita Martinez for starters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k71ezy5CC4k
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1291&dat=19990530&id=28cPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=M44DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4662,3441274
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19990410&id=W_AvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7fwDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2642,5475766

P_Agony
04-11-2010, 01:47 AM
For women, Serena, she never gives credit to the opponent. For the men, I have to say Nadal. While he does give credit to the opponent, Nadal has invented the pre-emptive excuse making method, which works for him like a charm. Instead of making post match excuses, he makes them before the match, and then if he wins, he's the almighty warrior who fought his way through injuries (and his opponent who lost looks even worse because of that), and if he losses, it's because he was injured, not because his opponent played well. A win-win situation for Nadal, no?

angiebaby
04-11-2010, 03:32 AM
For women, Serena, she never gives credit to the opponent. For the men, I have to say Nadal. While he does give credit to the opponent, Nadal has invented the pre-emptive excuse making method, which works for him like a charm. Instead of making post match excuses, he makes them before the match, and then if he wins, he's the almighty warrior who fought his way through injuries (and his opponent who lost looks even worse because of that), and if he losses, it's because he was injured, not because his opponent played well. A win-win situation for Nadal, no?

Too funny. :grin:

P_Agony
04-11-2010, 03:34 AM
Too funny. :grin:

Funny in a sad way, that was my main criticism of Nadal for the past year.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-11-2010, 03:57 AM
If it were indisuptable why bother having a poll.

Agreed. This serves no purpose other than to scream his preconcieved notion about S. Williams, under the paper thin excuse of a poll.

Henin- using blatant acts of cheating to win some of her big slam matches, and quitting with a phony tummy ache while getting her *** kicked in another. Often doesnt give her opponent credit after defeats either, finding various excuses.

...all true, but ignored by the OP.

Schnyder- she has actually confessed to tanking matches vs opponents she doesnt like, and uses that to excuse the losses. She has sometimes refused to shake hands with opponents she didnt like, namely Anna Kournikova and Conchita Martinez for starters.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1291&dat=19990530&id=28cPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=M44DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4662,3441274
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19990410&id=W_AvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7fwDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2642,5475766

All conveniently skipped over, but to anyone who really knows the history, the poll becomes quite silly.

VamosRafa10
04-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Nadal or Murray. Federer may be the goat of tennis but not for excuses. Djokovic is pretty good too like heat exhaustion in melbourne was a nice try

Anaconda
04-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Nadal: I've never heard Nadal say he's lost playing really good tennis. (and he has actually lost playing really good tennis) He compliments the opponent, but proceedes to say 'i must play my best to have chances to win.....today i didn't play my best so i can't win'. However you cannot play your best everytime - otherwise guys like Safin and Federer would have contested every slam final on hard. People can call me out but if you take a look at Nadal's post match interviews, then it's always because he didn't play his best. It never occurs to him that the opponent played an awsom match.

Actually guys like Murray are realistic. Murray actually said in an interview that he played good at the Australian Opem, French Open and Wimbledon but came up against three guys who played there best tennis. Murray even said he played good matches and was fair because the opponents he played were awsome on the day. He didn't give credit to Cilic but again Murrat was correct; anyone in the top 10 would have beaten Murray that day.

Does anyone take Djokovic's lame *** excuses seriously? They are just scary bad.

Federer CAN get away with giving excuses. Because if he did play his best against someone like Baghdatis of Berdych no matter how well those two are playing they still wouldn't win a set. Only guys like Nalbandian, Nadal, and Safin have beatn Federer when Federer is 'on'.

reversef
04-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Nadal: I've never heard Nadal say he's lost playing really good tennis.
Never?
"Este partido ni en mis mejores condiciones lo podría haber ganado. La forma en la que ha jugado Novak es imparable (...) Djokovic ha estado a un nivel inalcanzable para mí en esta superficie." ("Even at my best level, I couldn't have won. The way Novak played is unstoppable (...) Djokovic was at a level inaccessible for me on this surface." ) Bercy 2009
What more do you need?

Anaconda
04-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Never?
"Este partido ni en mis mejores condiciones lo podría haber ganado. La forma en la que ha jugado Novak es imparable (...) Djokovic ha estado a un nivel inalcanzable para mí en esta superficie." ("Even at my best level, I couldn't have won. The way Novak played is unstoppable (...) Djokovic was at a level inaccessible for me on this surface." ) Bercy 2009
What more do you need?

Ok i'm sorry. I take it back. It's rare to hear that though.

RoddickAce
04-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Serena makes the most excuses out of those in the poll imo. Fed and Nadal don't really make a lot of excuses, it's only their fans that make excuses for them mostly. Djokovic used to make excuses often, but in the recent 1 or 2 years, he almost always gave credit to his opponent.

Telepatic
04-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Serena, but I voted for men because I'm watching ATP more then WTA..Nadal's knees problem mentioning after a loss are getting kinda boring to me, I know its chronic problem but that is even more of a reason to not mention it..we know...Fed's "mono"/"he's all about slams" can be annoying as well..

*waiting for someone to quote me on Djokovic's sore throat..*

Li Ching Yuen
04-11-2010, 06:06 AM
Wasn't Djokovic depressed at some point last year?

sh@de
04-11-2010, 06:07 AM
ALTITUDE TOO HIGH, NO?

/thread

LOL I remember that. It was HILARIOUS, Nadal fans claimed that the ball bounced too high for Nadal's liking. And it was supposed to be Fed with his 1hbh who would be affected even more by the high bounce, but nooo, Nadal fans come in and say Nadal suffered more from it. Classic stuff from Veronique/N_F etc etc.

rovex
04-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Serena, but I voted for men because I'm watching ATP more then WTA..Nadal's knees problem mentioning after a loss are getting kinda boring to me, I know its chronic problem but that is even more of a reason to not mention it..we know...Fed's "mono"/"he's all about slams" can be annoying as well..

*waiting for someone to quote me on Djokovic's sore throat..*

I agree with you on the Federer mono garbage and "he's a different beast" in slams nonsense. When did Djokovic have a sore throat? Was it during USO 08 and Roddick made fun of it?

Li Ching Yuen
04-11-2010, 06:11 AM
LOL I remember that. It was HILARIOUS, Nadal fans claimed that the ball bounced too high for Nadal's liking. And it was supposed to be Fed with his 1hbh who would be affected even more by the high bounce, but nooo, Nadal fans come in and say Nadal suffered more from it. Classic stuff from Veronique/N_F etc etc.

Your sig is absolutely a classic.

What a legendary quote.

Anaconda
04-11-2010, 06:12 AM
I agree with you on the Federer mono garbage and "he's a different beast" in slams nonsense. When did Djokovic have a sore throat? Was it during USO 08 and Roddick made fun of it?

For once i agree with you. The monoglandular fever act is lame. Roddick ripped Djokovic for calling the trainer multipule times against Robredo in 2008.

PS: Djokovic retired against Federer with a sore throat.

dmt
04-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Federer easily, especially after Ao 09 when Nadal consoled him, yet despite Nadal being nice to roger, Federer acted like a complete sore loser in the post match conference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQbsTjtBbU&feature=related

CMM
04-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Federer CAN get away with giving excuses.

So it's ok for him to say that he lost the 2008 Wimbledon final because of the dark? Yeah, right... :rolleyes: Because Nadal was playing with a light bulb above his head.

Anaconda
04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
So it's ok for him to say that he lost the 2008 Wimbledon final because of the dark? Yeah, right... :rolleyes: Because Nadal was playing with a light bulb above his head.

But i'm talking about the quality. If Federer says 'I lost because i played bad' then that is acceptable, becasuse Federer Never loses playing his best tennis at Wimbledon. If you honestly think Federer was at his best then no. just no. Nadal doesn't get that luxuary of being able to say 'I didn't play well so i lost' because he's not a lock for any match other that RG if he plays his best.

CMM
04-11-2010, 06:28 AM
But i'm talking about the quality. If Federer says 'I lost because i played bad' then that is acceptable, becasuse Federer Never loses playing his best tennis at Wimbledon. If you honestly think Federer was at his best then no. just no. Nadal doesn't get that luxuary of being able to say 'I didn't play well so i lost' because he's not a lock for any match other that RG if he plays his best.

And I'm talking about this

Q: A la fin du match, c'était quasiment obscur. Regrettez-vous que le match n'ait pas été interrompu ?

R: "C'était impossible de jouer. C'est dur pour moi, de perdre le plus grand tournoi du monde sur une question de lumière. Mais c'est comme ça... (...) Je ne voyais presque plus contre qui je jouais."

http://www.france24.com/fr/20080707-tennis-wimbledon-federer-finale-defaite-nadal

Is this lame or not?

rovex
04-11-2010, 06:31 AM

Is this lame or not?

That sucks. Talk about being gracious in defeat. :roll:

Anaconda
04-11-2010, 06:32 AM

Is this lame or not?

I'm not French, but someone had to win in night conditions. I'm sure Nadal would have used the 'didn't play well on championship points' excuse.

CMM
04-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Nadal doesn't get that luxuary of being able to say 'I didn't play well so i lost' because he's not a lock for any match other that RG if he plays his best.

I hope you're not talking about every match that he loses, because there have been many matches where he played bad and if he would have said that he played good he would have looked like a total moron.

CMM
04-11-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm not French, but someone had to win in night conditions. I'm sure Nadal would have used the 'didn't play well on championship points' excuse.

Right... ...........

Mortifier
04-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Federer easily, especially after Ao 09 when Nadal consoled him, yet despite Nadal being nice to roger, Federer acted like a complete sore loser in the post match conference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQbsTjtBbU&feature=related
I like Roger more than Rafa, but that was pretty classless stuff. He insulted Rafa's victory in like five different ways, not even remotely okay in my book.

I rarely see these postmatch interviews if they don't have something extra in them, a funny happening or just Roddick speaking his mind. But obviously they contain some heavy sh-t. :)

reversef
04-11-2010, 07:00 AM
How could "I didn't play well, so I lost" or "I didn't play well at the important moments" be an excuse?

jackson vile
04-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Which players do you think are most guilty for making excuses after a loss?

I mean not just the vast number of times in their career, but the weigh of their reason. For example, saying "the match was in my racquet" is worse than saying "He/she played great but I wasn't motivated enough".

So are we counting the excuses direct from the players or does that include sources that claim to represent them?

TMF
04-11-2010, 08:28 AM
If it were indisuptable why bother having a poll. Some other WTA players though that also deserve inclusion on this poll would be:

Jankovic- an array of silly injuries and drama both on and off the court. Often talks about such and such an injury after a loss, and sometimes even blames the chair umpire for her mental breakdowns (eg- 2007 U.S Open).

First, Henin won the match against Serena, so there’s isn’t excuse coming from Henin. Nobody was claiming cheating, only Serena did after a bitter loss. In fact, it’s Serena who was making all the excuse due to Henin’s cheated during the post match interview. Second, Henin did not cheat. The rule doesn’t say a player has to say ANYTHING when an umpire missed a play. It’s the umpire’s job and he/she is the responsible to make the decision. It’s always been the case…“you don’t call it if you don’t see it”. A team sports(nba, soccer, or nfl) work the same. When was the last time you see any player from a team that asked the referee to overruled a call(to favor the other team) b/c he made a mistake? Almost never!

NamRanger
04-11-2010, 08:32 AM
First, Henin won the match against Serena, so there’s isn’t excuse coming from Henin. Nobody was claiming cheating, only Serena did after a bitter loss. In fact, it’s Serena who was making all the excuse due to Henin’s cheated during the post match interview. Second, Henin did not cheat. The rule doesn’t say a player has to say ANYTHING when an umpire missed a play. It’s the umpire’s job and he/she is the responsible to make the decision. It’s always been the case…“you don’t call it if you don’t see it”. A team sports(nba, soccer, or nfl) work the same. When was the last time you see any player from a team that asked the referee to overruled a call(to favor the other team) b/c he made a mistake? Almost never!

It was blatant cheating. Sorry, can't defend Henin here. This is about as bad as Gonzalez saying the ball didn't touch his racquet.

TMF
04-11-2010, 08:35 AM
how is serena not WAY ahead in this poll. she NEVER gives her opponents credit.
after that its a tie between nadal's knee injuries and fed's mono

Fed's mono was in 2008, and the back problem started in October. Nadal's knees play a role since 2006! I wouldn't equate his mono to Nadal's knees.

angiebaby
04-11-2010, 09:44 AM

Federer just could not bring himself to say Rafa outplayed him on the day could he? Very sour grapes indeed. :sad:

Gorecki
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Fed's mono was in 2008, and the back problem started in October. Nadal's knees play a role since 2006! I wouldn't equate his mono to Nadal's knees.

you are the king of excuses, as you always come with some excuses for Fed's flaws....

\thread...

mandy01
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM

For the record, Nadal ALSO complained about the light after Wimbledon.He said he would've stopped playing had he lost his serve.

But carry on.... :wink:

P_Agony
04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
It was blatant cheating. Sorry, can't defend Henin here. This is about as bad as Gonzalez saying the ball didn't touch his racquet.

Yep, I love Henin and her game, but that was cheating. Nobody's 100% clean though, not even Federer.

Ossric
04-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Saying you didn't play well over "I was injured" or "not feeling well" is not making an excuse.

Think logically for a second here people.

If Murray plays badly he loses. He says he plays badly because he did. That's not an excuse. That's a reason.

I'm willing to bet every top player gets very upset with himself/herself when he/she loses a match and goes back over every point/shot they should have won/made. In his/her mind it's his/her match to win every time.

Let's say he goes "humble" and says "So and so played better than me." Why did So and so player better than him? Because he played like crap. Saying someone played better than you is the same as saying I didn't play well.

Bottom line, it's not an excuse, and I don't see a need for every player that loses to become the leader of the person that beat them's Fan Club and start laying praise. It's a highly competetive, "individual" sport.

They aren't going to hold hands after the match and sing Kumbaya.

If Andy started praising everyone the same folks complaining he doesn't would start calling him fake.

Just learn the definition of excuse and explanation before coming to the forums.

P_Agony
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Federer just could not bring himself to say Rafa outplayed him on the day could he? Very sour grapes indeed. :sad:

Did you even watch the match? Rafa was outplayed for the first 4 sets and won two of those due to Federer's choking and his poor BP ratio. Federer had many chanses to win each of those four sets, he was leading by a break in the 1st, and he was leading 0-40 on Rafa's serve in the 3rd and 15-40 in the next game.

Markov
04-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Excuses aren't that important. The only places where I have seen people even noticing them are tennis forums :) I think it's a good thing, if you lose people are just going to think about the fact that you lost, not what you have said. One can never be absolutely certain about who's lying when they are telling all this post-match stuff, but Nadal's been telling me the same story so many times that I'm starting to doubt...

jackson vile
04-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Then Roger had the ankle problem, then he lost because Murray was a pusher, etc.

And here is the kicker, when Roger is not using injury excuses he can only lose because he did not play correctly.

Roger never gives the other player credit for out playing him, just like Serena.

Roger claims he is injured and still plays, listen if you are injured or sick that bad then you should be sitting out like Nadal did.

Furthermore, no one in the history of tennis is a physical as Nadal. So if anyone is going to have an injury it is going to be him.

Roger is just as bad as any other player at excuses and egos end of story, deal with it.

Chadwixx
04-11-2010, 05:54 PM
LOL, its obvious when fed plays bad. He misses easy shots early in the point or after constructing it, not your average mid ralley stuff like serena (who often makes 50+ ue in a 2 out of 3).

Its like karlovic serving 30% on the first and saying he had a bad serving day, its obvious.

Tough call between nadal and serena. Serena just says she played bad, nadal though points to reasons, so i gotta go with nadal.

Justdoit10
04-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Then Roger had the ankle problem, then he lost because Murray was a pusher, etc.

And here is the kicker, when Roger is not using injury excuses he can only lose because he did not play correctly.

Roger never gives the other player credit for out playing him, just like Serena.

Roger claims he is injured and still plays, listen if you are injured or sick that bad then you should be sitting out like Nadal did.

Furthermore, no one in the history of tennis is a physical as Nadal. So if anyone is going to have an injury it is going to be him.

Roger is just as bad as any other player at excuses and egos end of story, deal with it.
What a load of BS. Never? I can unload a truck ful of quotes where he gives opponents credit. Every now and than he does say bitter things after losses but hey guess what? So does Nadal. How about these rich quotes after the ljubicic beatdown?....
“That was an accident today,” Nadal told reporters after failing in his bid to win a third title at Indian Wells in four years. “That’s my feeling, because I was playing (well) enough to win the tournament.

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=reu-menindiannadal_pix

Bottom line, everyone in the poll loves using excuses.

flyinghippos101
04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Djokovic, he doesn't even wait till the match is over to start making excuses...

Chadwixx
04-11-2010, 06:04 PM
If the tour let him take his medication im sure he wouldnt have to, but when you cant breathe its kinda hard. Still amazing how players are allowed cortizone shots (a steroid) but djok cant take his asthma medication.

One of the reasons i give him a pass on taking so damn long to serve.

Semi-Pro
04-11-2010, 06:42 PM
This order:

Serena(obvious reasons)
Nadal(the ****** knees excuse isn't going to cut it all the time, so stop it)
Federer(a lot of the times doesn't give full credit)
Djokovic(his excuses for retiring are one of a kind)

abraxas21
04-11-2010, 06:54 PM

i'm not a murray fan but thouse aren't excuses, imo.

an excuse is when you name outside and/or un-normal internal factors to explain your defeat. for example, the wind, the sun, family problems, injuries, etc.

Tony48
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM
1. Serena
2. Federer
3. Murray
4. Nadal
5. Djokovic

angiebaby
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Did you even watch the match? Rafa was outplayed for the first 4 sets and won two of those due to Federer's choking and his poor BP ratio. Federer had many chanses to win each of those four sets, he was leading by a break in the 1st, and he was leading 0-40 on Rafa's serve in the 3rd and 15-40 in the next game.

Yeah yeah yeah. You would say that though wouldn"t you? At the end the day, Federer lost and whether you want to admit it or not, Rafa was the better player on the day. Federer saying things like " the best player doesn't always win" is a very graceless thing to say imo.

LameTennisPlayer
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Djokovic, he doesn't even wait till the match is over to start making excuses...

he doesn't even wait till the match has started, and he has excuses....
its djokovic for me

davey25
04-11-2010, 07:51 PM

The idea Henin did nothing wrong in that Serena French Open semifinal is so comical and ridiculous I am not even going to bother. That was not the only time Henin resorted to cheating and trickery in a big match though. There was that Australian Open final vs Clijsters and that finger and big acting job on a crucial break point at 3-4 on the Clijsters serve. Kim hits a swing volley that nicks the back line. Justine was right in front of it so obviously saw it. However goes into this big acting job that the ball was way out which probably influences the chair umpires overrule as Henin was almost blocking the ball from her sight. Keep in mind chair umpires or only supposed to overrule on a clear wrong call too. Then when it comes up on the jumbotron the ball was actually in, the crowd begins to boo and Justine is smirking the smuggest grin before beginning her game to serve out the match. What could be more blatantly obvious that she was not only cheating but she knew full well she was cheating, and she was proud of doing it to gain an edge. I am sure you will find some ridiculous excuse how she did nothing wrong just like you did with the Serena-Henin French Open semi, but just laying out the facts.

I notice you also said nothing about her fake tummy ache in the Australian Open final with Mauresmo, a true embarassment to just quit while getting thumped with some phony non illness. Wrong in any circumstances, but taking away from the moment of a supposed good friend (Amelie speaks how they used to be good friends before then) who is also one of the nicest and best liked players on tour, who finally had her moment of triumph of a first major win, yet has it tarnished by the historic sour grapes act of Henin.

I also notice you did not even address my examples of Jankovic and Schyder. Funny how that is.

Starting a poll with only Serena amongst WTA players was pointless. Lets face it this was nothing more than an excuse for you to continue your anti Serena crusade, and since you couldnt start a poll with only Serena you mixed her with a bunch of men. To suggest that Serena is the only known current WTA player who exhibits questionable sportsmanship at times, or is noted for excues making in defeat, is comlpetely blind rational.

The-Champ
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM

you have many excuses in this post!! :)

dmt
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Nadal barely mentions his knees, its uncle toni who says alot of garbage. I cannot understand how someone can say Nadal, just look at the US OPEN semi finals post match conference from last year, he was dominated by delpotro and yet he refused to blame the abdominal strain for it, he just said Del Potro played much better then him. The majority of the fans in this forum are federer fans so its obvious that many of them have a hatred for Nadal and its obvious that they are going to say alot of crap about him.

abraxas21
04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
When Nadal loses: his knees, too many matches played on hardcourts, his wisdom tooth, his knees, the crowd and did I mention his knee?

When Federer loses: mono, his back, respiratory illness, mono, the babies don't let him sleep and mono too.

aldeayeah
04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Djokovic in 2006, undisputed.

He retired 2 sets down and then he said he was "in control".

reversef
04-12-2010, 12:16 AM
^^ Henin is probably the queen of excuses, but also an awful cheater. She's not even mentioned in the poll. Of course.

Tony48
04-12-2010, 12:37 AM

Er....there's a much higher level of etiquette in tennis than basketball, football and soccer. You don't "have" to do anything but a player is expected to keep the match as fair as possible even when it isn't in their favor. Players concede points all the time.

reversef
04-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Nadal barely mentions his knees, its uncle toni who says alot of garbage. I cannot understand how someone can say Nadal, just look at the US OPEN semi finals post match conference from last year, he was dominated by delpotro and yet he refused to blame the abdominal strain for it, he just said Del Potro played much better then him. The majority of the fans in this forum are federer fans so its obvious that many of them have a hatred for Nadal and its obvious that they are going to say alot of crap about him.

He so didn't want to look like he was making excuses at the USO that he insisted twice before confessing that he had the stomach injury "He played better than me, and for that reason he won". There is no excuse at all. But he couldn't hide the injury. Impossible.
And for the knees, it's chronic and the problem will put an end to his career sooner or later. If Nadal says so often "Sorry, I don't want to talk about injuries" in his press conferences, it's because the journalists ALWAYS want to talk about it, and there are reasons for that : it's worrying. I can't understand why it's so difficult to admit. One can be sceptical, but after some time, one has to admit that the player really has a problem, whatever it is. I was sceptical for Del Potro's injury for example. He started playing crappy tennis after the USO, so I thought he couldn't handle the new pressure and was making excuses. Well, I changed my mind. Del Potro has always been injury prone and his injury is not fake.
For Nadal, everyone who has seen his match against Ferrer some years ago at the USO, knows that the knees problem is really serious. And he was still very young, it's not getting better as he's growing older.

That being said, Nadal is NOT THE ONLY PLAYER whose career is plagued by injuries. Many players are in the same situation, and there are much worse cases than his. But he's one of the very best and has always managed to maintain a top ranking despite the injuries. So, of course, people talk more about his injuries.

P_Agony
04-12-2010, 01:28 AM
you have many excuses in this post!! :)

I'm allowed to have excuses, I didn't play in that match, I'm a 3rd party. I also forgot to mention that despite barely winning any points in the 5th set, Federer still won more total points in the match than Nadal.

P_Agony
04-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Yeah yeah yeah. You would say that though wouldn"t you? At the end the day, Federer lost and whether you want to admit it or not, Rafa was the better player on the day. Federer saying things like " the best player doesn't always win" is a very graceless thing to say imo.

He shouldn't have said that, but it is true. Nadal was not the better player for a large portion of the match, his win was mostly based on Fed's mental failure than anything.

The-Champ
04-12-2010, 03:59 AM
He shouldn't have said that, but it is true. Nadal was not the better player for a large portion of the match, his win was mostly based on Fed's mental failure than anything.

you should be in the poll!! :)

dropshot winner
04-12-2010, 04:17 AM
you should be in the poll!! :)

How so? Federer was absent in the fifth set and still won more overall points, that fact alone tells you a lot about the match.

CMM
04-12-2010, 04:21 AM
How so? Federer was absent in the fifth set and still won more overall points, that fact alone tells you a lot about the match.

Stop making excuses. :roll:

angiebaby
04-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Stop making excuses. :roll:

It's actually quite amusing to read how Federer "lost" that match. :lol:

So the player who held his nerve, didn't lose focus, won amazing points, held his serve and foced tiebreaks (which he won!) and eventually ran away with the fifth and final set wasn't the better player on the day eh? Hilarious.:grin:

The-Champ
04-12-2010, 04:40 AM

It tells you that Federer played like crap on the important points. Thus, didn't deserve the win!!

dropshot winner
04-12-2010, 06:05 AM
It tells you that Federer played like crap on the important points. Thus, didn't deserve the win!!
Sure, no one deserves to win a match they lost (unless the umpire fu**s up), that much should be obvious.

Still, Federer kind of clowned that title away, but in the end even they most die-hard Federer fans shouldn't be too ****ed about it. It really was a pyrrhic victory for Nadal.

TMF
04-12-2010, 06:31 AM
I notice you also said nothing about her fake tummy ache in the Australian Open final with Mauresmo, a true embarassment to just quit while getting thumped with some phony non illness. Wrong in any circumstances, but taking away from the moment of a supposed good friend (Amelie speaks how they used to be good friends before then) who is also one of the nicest and best liked players on tour, who finally had her moment of triumph of a first major win, yet has it tarnished by the historic sour grapes act of Henin.
There’s no evidence to prove that she doesn’t have pain in her stomach. Although I think she should try her best to finish the match since it’s a GS. In any case, that was not an excuse as to why she lost. Henin NEVER said she would have won if she didn’t have a stomach ache . You sound like some anti-Fed fans who think Roger’s mono was all fake. Hilarious.

I also notice you did not even address my examples of Jankovic and Schyder. Funny how that is.

I never rejected your claims but their roles are not even close to what Serena have done on a massive scale. You can list countless of players whom were guilty for one or few times in their career, but the goat of excuses in the WTA is clearly belongs to Serena!

If I were to replace Serena with Jankovic or Henin in this poll, you think one of them would received 53 votes as of now? No way, not even close!

davey25
04-12-2010, 06:41 AM
There’s no evidence to prove that she doesn’t have pain in her stomach. Although I think she should try her best to finish the match since it’s a GS. In any case, that was not an excuse as to why she lost. Henin NEVER said she would have won if she didn’t have a stomach ache . You sound like some anti-Fed fans who think Roger’s mono was all fake. Hilarious.

Lets cut the BS, we both know Henin did not have anything wrong with her. She was seen soon after the match carrying two very heavy tennis bags on her own as her coach and then husband followed behind her. Surely in such dire state of illness that she supposably had to take the monumental act of retiring during a slam final she could have gotten some help carrying heavy equipment to her limo.

You are also wrong on Henins statements. She said in interviews a day later that Mauresmo did nothing special at all, it was all how sick she was and nothing to do with Mauresmo, and she would have been able to win easily if she were healthy.

And you still havent gotten to the 2004 Australian Open final. After your comical explanations for excusing her 2003 French Open and 2006 Australian Open disgraces, that should be interesting indeed.

I never rejected your claims but their roles are not even close to what Serena have done on a massive scale.

That is your opinion. The purpose of a poll is to let others decide their opinions. Having a poll with a bunch of men and just one women based solely on what you think is slanted and incredibly biased.

I would say someone like Schnyder tanking matches vs certain opponents, acting like a spoiled brat during matches vs certain opponents, then claiming to papers she only loses to those opponents since she cant stand them and their slow play or other things, not because they beat her, is certainly on a scale with anything as far as excuse making.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-12-2010, 09:48 AM
The idea Henin did nothing wrong in that Serena French Open semifinal is so comical and ridiculous I am not even going to bother.

Agreed...but TMF will develop selective amnesia when she's on her usual anti-Serena campaign.

That was not the only time Henin resorted to cheating and trickery in a big match though. There was that Australian Open final vs Clijsters and that finger and big acting job on a crucial break point at 3-4 on the Clijsters serve. Kim hits a swing volley that nicks the back line. Justine was right in front of it so obviously saw it. However goes into this big acting job that the ball was way out which probably influences the chair umpires overrule as Henin was almost blocking the ball from her sight. Keep in mind chair umpires or only supposed to overrule on a clear wrong call too. Then when it comes up on the jumbotron the ball was actually in, the crowd begins to boo and Justine is smirking the smuggest grin before beginning her game to serve out the match. What could be more blatantly obvious that she was not only cheating but she knew full well she was cheating, and she was proud of doing it to gain an edge. I am sure you will find some ridiculous excuse how she did nothing wrong just like you did with the Serena-Henin French Open semi, but just laying out the facts.

Starting a poll with only Serena amongst WTA players was pointless. Lets face it this was nothing more than an excuse for you to continue your anti Serena crusade, and since you couldnt start a poll with only Serena you mixed her with a bunch of men. To suggest that Serena is the only known current WTA player who exhibits questionable sportsmanship at times, or is noted for excues making in defeat, is comlpetely blind rational.

Quoted for eternal truth.

TMF
04-12-2010, 09:54 AM
^^
Carrying a tennis bag is FAR less physical demanding than being on court. The constant running and hitting a ball on both wings at full stretch can put more stress on your body. She’s not handicapped for god sake! Your analogy is the same for Roger’s back problem or Rafa’s tendinitis are all fake simply b/c they are capable of carrying their own baggage.

You compared the career of Schnyder’s excuses on par with Serena is laughable.

That is your opinion.

Same to you if you think Henin’s stomach ache was a lie.

Henin-Hardenne apologized to her opponent, the tournament organisers and a disappointed crowd of 15,452 people. "I’m feeling very disappointed for sure to end the tournament this way. I am feeling very sick and couldn’t stay longer and continue," she said.

TMF
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Agreed...but TMF will develop selective amnesia when she's on her usual anti-Serena campaign.

Review the poll results and let see who’s experiencing amnesia.:oops:

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Same to you if you think Henin’s stomach ache was a lie.

Henin-Hardenne apologized to her opponent, the tournament organisers and a disappointed crowd of 15,452 people. I’m feeling very disappointed for sure to end the tournament this way. I am feeling very sick and couldn’t stay longer and continue, she said.

It's known as a story, not intended to be taken as the truth.

pjonesy
04-12-2010, 07:18 PM
In the past it had to be Connors or McEnroe. Currently, it is Serena on the women's side and probably Nadal on the men's side.

Lsmkenpo
04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
knee,altitude,parents, French crowd,Carlos Ramos, Soderling is mean ,hit too short,knee,Soderling doesn't say "Hi",court too fast,court too slow, balls too fast, balls too slow,too much drug testing,knee,Soderling doesn't apologize for netcord, water bottles touched, banana in throat,stomach muscle strain,level too low,wisdom tooth,knee

CMM
04-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Does this count as an excuse since it's not Nadal the one who says it? :)

Spain’s Fernando Verdasco said in Monte Carlo that his compatriot Rafael Nadal wasn’t at one hundred percent strength in Miami, where the six-time major champion lost to Andy Roddick in the semis.

“For sure in Miami he was not fit, he was on antibiotics for his wisdom tooth and he was not right the whole week,” Verdasco said.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=4929&zoneid=6

namelessone
04-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Does this count as an excuse since it's not Nadal the one who says it? :)

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=4929&zoneid=6

Hey man,don't you know that verdasco bowns down before Nadal,he is another spanish clown. Toni probably threatened tabasco to say this to make another excuse for Rafa.:)

On a sidenote,it is not true to say Rafa wasn't completely healthy in Miami. He was healthy when he entered,just like in all the other tourneys this year. His problem is that his knees can't take playing consecutive days on HC after so many years on tour playing a grueling style and after having so many stops. That's why Nadal was looking to his box,pounding his left knee and saying "I can't,the knee,the f***ing knee". Rafa also said in his post match interview that "he was not ready "to play better in the third set when he should have stepped it up(after being surprised by Roddick's change of style in the second). And Rafa is a guy who knows by which type of player he can be outplayed,he said that about Nalbandian,quote "that he makes you feel like nothing on court when he is on",admitting that there isn't much he can do when Nalby is on fire(which is true).

I just hope he can manage the knees into clay season,sacrifice ALL for RG I say.

pame
04-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Review the poll results and let see who’s experiencing amnesia.:oops:

Sorry TMF, but the poll results with only Serena out of the women there, is akin to the loaded question "Have you stopped beating your husband?" Really easy to slant something when you want to, isn't it? The very fact that you could even TRY to defend Henin's actions at the French Open speaks volumes.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Really easy to slant something when you want to, isn't it? The very fact that you could even TRY to defend Henin's actions at the French Open speaks volumes.

QFT x 1000.

drakulie
04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
The very fact that you could even TRY to defend Henin's actions at the French Open speaks volumes.

What did Henin do at the French Open?

TMF
04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
What did Henin do at the French Open?

That’s what I like to know too. What did Henin do that violates the rule? The anti-Henin have no answer.

TMF
04-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Sorry TMF, but the poll results with only Serena out of the women there, is akin to the loaded question "Have you stopped beating your husband?" Really easy to slant something when you want to, isn't it? The very fact that you could even TRY to defend Henin's actions at the French Open speaks volumes.

You don’t have to be sorry b/c the results of the poll back up my position. Had Serena end up with very small number of votes, then I can admit I should have included other wta players on my poll. The reality is most fans DO agree Serena is the queen of excuse maker in her sport. Only a few minority like Davey and thundervolley blindly defending them.

The part I defended Henin is she didn’t violates the rule, period! And the only person who made excuse after a loss was who? Serena.

drakulie
04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
The idea Henin did nothing wrong in that Serena French Open semifinal is so comical and ridiculous I am not even going to bother.

Asking for time from her opponent, and not getting it, does not equate to her cheating. She put up her hand, Serena saw it, yet continued to serve, and when she missed the serve, asked for a let.

How did Henin cheat in this circumstance??

Chadwixx
04-13-2010, 09:34 AM

Aside from venus (who points to her physcial injuries) the wta doesnt have many excuse makers, thus you dont see them on the list.

Chadwixx
04-13-2010, 09:36 AM
In the past it had to be Connors or McEnroe. Currently, it is Serena on the women's side and probably Nadal on the men's side.

After watching that 1992 us open link, i gotta say connors is the goat of all time in excuse making.

He was/is a scumbag too :)

T1000
04-13-2010, 09:36 AM
knee,altitude,parents, French crowd,Carlos Ramos, Soderling is mean ,hit too short,knee,Soderling doesn't say "Hi",court too fast,court too slow, balls too fast, balls too slow,too much drug testing,knee,Soderling doesn't apologize for netcord, water bottles touched, banana in throat,stomach muscle strain,level too low,wisdom tooth,knee

This man speaks the truth

Slazenger07
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
oops didnt see Serena's name on there at first and went with Djokovic. Serena by a landslide..........

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-13-2010, 03:00 PM
You don’t have to be sorry b/c the results of the poll back up my position. Had Serena end up with very small number of votes, then I can admit I should have included other wta players on my poll. The reality is most fans DO agree Serena is the queen of excuse maker in her sport. Only a few minority like Davey and thundervolley blindly defending them.

You have already had your well-known venomous hatred of Serena agenda called out for the total bullsh*t it is in this "poll," then you leave Henin off--the woman who pulled the most glaring, controversial excuse of any woman in the Open Era with her fake illness vs. Mauresmo at the AO. You are exposed...again and again, girl.

Don't feel so defensive and cornered because others exposed your true purpose here.

TMF
04-13-2010, 03:29 PM
oops didnt see Serena's name on there at first and went with Djokovic. Serena by a landslide..........

One mistake hardly have an impact on the poll. Thanks for being honest.:)

TMF
04-13-2010, 03:33 PM
You have already had your well-known venomous hatred of Serena agenda called out for the total bullsh*t it is in this "poll," then you leave Henin off--the woman who pulled the most glaring, controversial excuse of any woman in the Open Era with her fake illness vs. Mauresmo at the AO. You are exposed...again and again, girl.

Don't feel so defensive and cornered because others exposed your true purpose here.

You don’t need to prove it to me, but prove it to yourself if Henin’s stomach ache was a fake. Go search for evidence where Henin was lying. Your opinion means NOTHING. For the record, it was Serena kept on complaining(making excuses) for her lost to Henin after the match. You want me to post her quotes???

Unless you can’t read, the poll is right there at the top for you to review. Anyone who’s cornered is you(and Davey).

Atherton2003
04-13-2010, 03:35 PM
I'd like to know how anyone sitting on a sofa in the comfort of their own home, can know if a player is injured or not?

P_Agony
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
It's actually quite amusing to read how Federer "lost" that match. :lol:

So the player who held his nerve, didn't lose focus, won amazing points, held his serve and foced tiebreaks (which he won!) and eventually ran away with the fifth and final set wasn't the better player on the day eh?

Exactly :twisted:

P_Agony
04-13-2010, 03:40 PM

Yep, but he was still better at "most" points, and he really had that match in the bag. At some points even Nadal looked a little lost and beaten. Unlike at their W08 final (where Nadal was the dominating) at the AO final it was Federer's racquet which lost it for him, IMO, more than Nadal's performence that day.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
You don’t need to prove it to me, but prove it to yourself if Henin’s stomach ache was a fake.

I've challenged you with this some time ago: you buy Henin's enormously fake excuse, yet you cannot prove her theatrics were true--particularly since this mysterious "illness" vanished immediately after the AO. Great timing.

Once again, the omission of this most garing act exposes your agenda--no matter how much you deny it.

britbox
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM

I think she said she was in a "right bloody mess". Interprete that how you will.

Atherton2003
04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
when a man has a period, then he can talk.

Atherton2003
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I never faulted any player with an injury - I still can't see how a person sitting on a couch from the comfort of their home can accuse someone of not having a legitimate injury.

TMF
04-13-2010, 05:12 PM
I've challenged you with this some time ago: you buy Henin's enormously fake excuse, yet you cannot prove her theatrics were true--particularly since this mysterious "illness" vanished immediately after the AO. Great timing.

Once again, the omission of this most garing act exposes your agenda--no matter how much you deny it.

Why do I have to prove anything? I didn’t say Henin was faking, you did!! You keep coming back with garbage b/c you got nothing to hold on is really killing you inside.

Now close your mouth!

Chadwixx
04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
"You have already had your well-known venomous hatred of Serena agenda called out for the total bullsh*t it is in this "poll," then you leave Henin off--the woman who pulled the most glaring, controversial excuse of any woman in the Open Era with her fake illness vs. Mauresmo at the AO. You are exposed...again and again, girl."

Actually that would be agassi when he said he hurt his little toe sleeping after having to play a day match when he requested a night match.

Followed closely by venus's excuse at indian wells allowing serena to be well rested for the final. Tendonitious with no proof whatsoever and winning a tournament a week later with no signs. Anyone who has had tennis elbow (most commmon form) knows it doesnt show up and disappear within weeks.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-13-2010, 05:44 PM
"Actually that would be agassi when he said he hurt his little toe sleeping after having to play a day match when he requested a night match.

Followed closely by venus's excuse at indian wells allowing serena to be well rested for the final. Tendonitious with no proof whatsoever and winning a tournament a week later with no signs. Anyone who has had tennis elbow (most commmon form) knows it doesnt show up and disappear within weeks.

Excuses are exactly that--excuses for Agassi & Venus, but a certain someone fantasizes that Henin's unforgettable bullsh*t AO excuse was no excuse at all--despite the fact he cannot prove Henin's condition was real.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Why do I have to prove anything?

You have defended Henin's alleged honesty about her BS "illness" in several threads, girl. That is the reason why.

Oh, boy.

Now close your mouth!

Oh, don't you wish, Ms. Serena Hater! You post this crap to many members, yet no one accepts this nonsense. Heh.

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Excuses are exactly that--excuses for Agassi & Venus, but a certain someone fantasizes that Henin's unforgettable bullsh*t AO excuse was no excuse at all--despite the fact he cannot prove Henin's condition was real.Nor can you prove it's false.

Seems like a moot point to me.

Chadwixx
04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Excuses are exactly that--excuses for Agassi & Venus, but a certain someone fantasizes that Henin's unforgettable bullsh*t AO excuse was no excuse at all--despite the fact he cannot prove Henin's condition was real.

She showed up and lost, "why" only matters to her. She can justify all she wants to herself, its not gonna give her the trophy.

Excuses are just that, meaningless to anyone but the excuse maker.

Mauresmo was the better man that day :)

TMF
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
You have defended Henin's alleged honesty about her BS "illness" in several threads, girl. That is the reason why.

Oh, boy.

My head hurts when I have to explain to this child. Listen, you are the one who disagree with Henin, not me. I repeat, not me. If you really want to know the truth, ask Henin herself so she can prove to you. Other than, close your mouth!!!

Justdoit10
04-13-2010, 06:11 PM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5456/screenshot20100413at101.png

TMF
04-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Nor can you prove it's false.

Seems like a moot point to me.

Thundervolley is a funny one....ask for evidence when the fact are written on the wall!

Enlightened Coelacanth
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Yes...."funny" is the word, all right.

THUNDERVOLLEY
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Thundervolley is a funny one....ask for evidence when the fact are written on the wall!

Oh...you mean the fact of an illness which you cannot prove occured yet argue in favor of the incident's existence? Ah, yes, that one. It is of little wonder members rip into you for your endless rants about SW--the latest being this thread designed for one, disturbed, obsessed reason....AKA the typically shattered TMF reason.