PDA

View Full Version : How about some doubles and women's singles?

Rodzilla
05-08-2005, 12:28 PM
I know there are some threads on here on doubles and women's singles, but I don't think there is enough. Other than being a big time Andy Rodduck fan, I am also a fan of the Bryans. I love how they play doubles and even though they only won one title this year, there other results are far from being bad. I would love to see them win RG again. How are the women's doubles team of Stubbs/Raymond doing? I remember seeing them a while back but how are they doing at the moment? If I'm correct, Suarez and Pascual are still at the top of the women's doubles game. On to women's singles, I'm hearing that Clijsters, Kuznetsova, and Henin-Hardenne are hot right now. What has been going on with Serena, Lindsay, Sharapova, and Mauresmo? It would be amazing to see Serena win the first two legs of the Grand Slam.

Rodzilla
05-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Too bad the Bryans just lost 64 62 to Llodra/Santoro in the Rome finals

aj_m2009
05-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah, they don't seem to be doing as good as they used to. I know they have gotten to like 4 finals this year and then won Scottsdale too but other than that they haven't done much.:(

And Sharapova has been doing pretty good too. She did get to the semis of Berlin losing to Henin and then she got to the final of Miami. And she also has a chance to get to #1 in Rome so I wouldn't say that she is doing badly.

PS
Thanks for starting a thread about Doubles and Women's singles, you don't tend to see a lot of these around here.:(

Camilio Pascual
05-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Not many WTA fans here. Well, the 100+ UE Petrova-Jankovic match was high quality and entertaining.
The point here being, the assertions of ATP fans that great matches must have low UE's is just not true.

aj_m2009
05-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Not many WTA fans here. Well, the 100+ UE Petrova-Jankovic match was high quality and entertaining.
The point here being, the assertions of ATP fans that great matches must have low UE's is just not true.

You're right, it's not true, but it sure helps lol.