PDA

View Full Version : TOP 10 Pro's racquets

film1
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
How many of the men in the top ten use the same racquet retailers and manufactures lead people to believe?

OKUSA
04-07-2010, 01:24 PM
roddick, djokovic i know both use what they sponsored for (babolat puredrive and head youtek speed)

film1
04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
roddick, djokovic i know both use what they sponsored for (babolat puredrive and head youtek speed)

When did Roddick start using cortex?

Jchurch
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
When did Roddick start using cortex?

I believe last year after he hooked up with Stefanki he decided to change to it.

Jchurch
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
As far as I know, Federer still uses the BLX. I haven't really noticed a difference between the K Six and the BLX

rk_sports
04-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I think racquets made for players.. ala Pete, Fed, Novak, etc use stock ones.. others have to customize to their needs

Xenakis
04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
OP has this all wrong.

The apostrophe should go here....Pros'....not here....Pro's.

Can anyone tell me why?

Re the actual thread topic, discussed to death all over the place. Use the search function. In some cases, like Fed, no one seems to know for sure exactly what the model is, also Djoker definitely doesn't use a stock YouTek. It's all on the forum already.

Kick Serve 14
04-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I believe last year after he hooked up with Stefanki he decided to change to it.

Bull crap. Look at the thread that has his GT racket pics, its the same Pure Drive Team that he's been using since the begining of his career...

Mdubb23
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM

Simply not true. I've five of Roddick's PJ frames (4 GT, 1 Cortex), and the Cortex is painted on on all five.

Kick Serve 14
04-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Simply not true. I've five of Roddick's PJ frames (4 GT, 1 Cortex), and the Cortex is painted on on all five.

Lucky! How did you get these?

fedifed
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I believe Djokovic uses the real racquet and so does Roddick, I think. Maybe Federer does? murray uses the youtek.

film1
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Fed is not using the blx, please.

Kick Serve 14
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I believe Djokovic uses the real racquet and so does Roddick, I think. Maybe Federer does? murray uses the youtek.

No, none of them actually use the sticks they market. Djokovic uses a custom Radical mold. Roddick uses the Pure Drive Team without Cortex. Federer uses a custom frame similar to the BLX but without Basalt or Karophite black, (basically a pure graphite frame) and Murray uses a TGK. If you're going to say who uses what racket, that GET IT RIGHT!!!

film1
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
OP has this all wrong.

Can anyone tell me why?

Re the actual thread topic, discussed to death all over the place. Use the search function. In some cases, like Fed, no one seems to know for sure exactly what the model is, also Djoker definitely doesn't use a stock YouTek. It's all on the forum already.

I will ask any question I feel like asking, you dig?

film1
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
The point here is I don't think one player in the top ten uses the frame the manufacturers and the retailers claim they use, not a single one.

T1000
04-07-2010, 05:51 PM
OP has this all wrong.

Can anyone tell me why?

Pros is plural so the apostrophe goes after the s. Any more questions smart one?

roger nadal
04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Either way u cant get the pros racquets. Because that wud b stealing.

agassi fan
04-07-2010, 05:55 PM
its pros' not pro's because of the reference to more than one pro.
pro's racquets=singular
pros' racquets=plural
:)

bastorm0720
04-07-2010, 05:55 PM
What's a TGK?

felipao007
04-07-2010, 06:08 PM
rodickk has the bigger paint job.

felipao007
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
check this post

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=318125

you will see.....

jemsiter
04-07-2010, 06:11 PM
TGK is the code for Head pro stock frames

Murray does NOT use a TGK. Murray uses a PT57A with 16x19 drill pattern
Djokovic uses a custom mold with custom layup and everything
The closest to retail is Federer's

Mdubb23
04-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Lucky! How did you get these?

Connections, man. :)

I've been meaning to post pics in Jemister's thread, but my camera broke the other day, and I've not had time to purchase another.

dantheman
04-07-2010, 07:38 PM
mhmm lets see

Federer:ps 90
novak:head radical tour
nadal:apd
murray:head prestige mp
delpony:POG. lol jk hps 95 18x20 extended
davydenko:ozone
roddick:pdt
soderling: i radical
cilic:microgel radical
tsonga:apdgt

dr325i
04-07-2010, 07:42 PM
mhmm lets see

Federer:ps 90
novak:head radical tour -- not exactly, special mold
nadal:apd
murray:PT57A 16x19
delpony:POG. lol jk hps 95 18x20 extended
davydenko:ozone
roddick:pdt
soderling: PT57A
cilic:microgel radical
tsonga:apdgt

Corrected it for you...

Mdubb23
04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
^^Ah. That's better. Also, just wanted to clarify that Cilic uses the TGK231.3, or the 16x19 pattern in an MG Radical mold.

film1
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Corrected it for you...

This looks pretty close to what I think they use except for a couple, including Murray. I was not aware he used a 57A with a 16m but that sounds like a racquet I would love to have.

Anyway, regardless of how many times this has been discussed, it's not enough in my opinion because countless millions of dollars are spent by people every year who are fooled into buying a frame they honestly believe is used by a top pro.

It's fraudulent advertising and I expect we will see it go before the FTC and class action law suits will be followed by some changes of the way the industry operates.

big bang
04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
damn theres still ppl around here thinking guys like Djoko and Roddick use stock frames:shock: christ! search the forum before posting BS:mad:

Rabbit
04-08-2010, 03:18 AM
OP has this all wrong.

Can anyone tell me why?

This is funnier than hell. I am surprised you got a proper response.

dr325i
04-08-2010, 04:41 AM
This looks pretty close to what I think they use except for a couple, including Murray. I was not aware he used a 57A with a 16m but that sounds like a racquet I would love to have.

Anyway, regardless of how many times this has been discussed, it's not enough in my opinion because countless millions of dollars are spent by people every year who are fooled into buying a frame they honestly believe is used by a top pro.

It's fraudulent advertising and I expect we will see it go before the FTC and class action law suits will be followed by some changes of the way the industry operates.

Do you believe that Bode Miller used stock skis winning his medals? Do you believe those Nascar cars are stock with only engines/tranny replaced? You think Tiger uses stock clubs in his game? SHould Nike be sued too for making Nadal's shoes different from the rest?

I don't think so. It's been like that for years and no one took it to the court, obviously it is not "a problem".

chancep2120
04-08-2010, 08:24 AM
This thread is just too funny, an absolute CLASSIC!

MethodTennis
04-08-2010, 08:38 AM

roddick doesnt there is someone on here who has pair of hi ao rackets and he doesnt use the cortex still just an extended length pd swirl

MayDay
04-08-2010, 08:48 AM
So much knowledge here. Is there anything that the board doesn't know?

Anyone challenged the board with identifying top 10 pros' underwear brand, type and size? :)

a-naik.1
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM
its pros' not pro's because of the reference to more than one pro.
pro's racquets=singular
pros' racquets=plural
:)

I completely agree. Well called ;)

Xenakis
04-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Well done on the apostrophe question chaps. Those who answered it correctly please give yourselves a pat on the back.

Those who saw fit to put forward dubious unsourced opinions about pros' racquets are all in detention.

See me.

vsbabolat
04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Do you believe that Bode Miller used stock skis winning his medals? Do you believe those Nascar cars are stock with only engines/tranny replaced? You think Tiger uses stock clubs in his game? SHould Nike be sued too for making Nadal's shoes different from the rest?

I don't think so. It's been like that for years and no one took it to the court, obviously it is not "a problem".
Nike was sued over the ball Tiger Woods uses.
Woods Uses, Endorses Different Golf Balls
Tiger Woods Doesn’t Use
the Balls He Endorses
Shortly after being sued by a nonprofit consumer action group for unfair business practices, Nike admitted the golf ball Tiger Woods uses on the links is not the same one he endorses for the company.

Woods endorses the Nike Tour Accuracy golf balls in print and TV ads. But Mike Kelly, marketing director of Nike Golf, admitted Tuesday the world’s No. 1 player uses a custom-made ball with a harder inner and outer core that produces drives of 300 yards or more. That ball is not available to everyday duffers.

Nike’s admission came after the company was sued in federal court in San Francisco. The group Public Remedies filed the suit on Tuesday claiming, in essence, that Nike has dropped the ball on truth in advertising.

Common Practice?

The group accuses Nike of unfair business practices by misleading the public into believing the Nike ball they’re buying is the same one Woods uses. Woods, who used to endorse Titleist balls, has won three straight majors this year.

The Nike Tour Accuracy balls can cost $4 or more each, and the nonprofit group wants Nike to return money to the public.

Kelly contends slight equipment changes for a pro are common in the industry. He calls them minor specification changes — not just to balls, but to irons and putters, as well. However, other golf companies say they sell the same products their endorsing players use.

Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg, didn’t return a call requesting comment.

Making the Switch

After using and endorsing Titleist balls since turning professional in 1996, Woods this year ended that endorsement deal to instead become a pitchman for Nike’s Tour Accuracy balls. He has used the Nike ball since May and formally made the equipment switch two weeks before the U.S. Open in June.

Nike executives said in July that sales of Nike’s golf ball jumped immediately after Woods won the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach by a record 15 shots. Woods went on to win the British Open in July and the PGA Championship last weekend.

Woods signed with Nike immediately after turning pro, agreeing to a five-year deal worth $40 million. He is reportedly negotiating a new deal with Nike worth an estimated $100 million.

ABC’s Steffan Tubbs and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=100737&page=1

You are also comparing apples and oranges. In tennis we all play using the same rules, same court dimensions, same net height, hell even the same balls whether you are playing on the ATP World Tour, WTA Tour, local Public court, or swank private club. So you are saying because Sodreling hits a better ball than me I should not be able to go to my local Tennis Store or Online Retailer and buy a Pro Tour 630?

Or better yet listen to Jay Schweid: "Clearly it's not a great strategy to deceive the public," said Jay Schweid, a longtime stringer who customizes rackets for players He often is asked by players to verify that the rackets are indeed theirs after they have been painted to meet manufacturer's specifications. "The sport would be better if this would go away."

film1
04-08-2010, 12:13 PM

Your Nascar point is simply awful for obvious reasons but I am not surprised you brought Nascar into the debate.