PDA

View Full Version : Monfils Ends partnership with Nike?

rovex
04-08-2010, 01:27 AM
According to TWE, there have been rumours that the vibrant Frenchman will not be wearing Nike clothing next time he plays. Anyone have more news on this matter?

Babolast
04-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I dont think this is true.

rovex
04-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Well if it's true, what do you think he will be in?

OMGOAT
04-08-2010, 02:06 AM
probably fila or something

rovex
04-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Seems a random time why this rumour would pop up now if it's not true.

Babolast
04-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Adidas will snap him up but he is still with Nike.

rovex
04-08-2010, 02:32 AM
I thought about Lacoste. But Adidas would be better.

AllDownTheLine
04-08-2010, 02:50 AM
I thought about Lacoste. But Adidas would be better.

Adidas has more sleeveless shirts. I've never seen him wear anything with sleeves.

rovex
04-08-2010, 02:51 AM
Adidas has more sleeveless shirts. I've never seen him wear anything with sleeves.

To be honest, whoever he switches to i doubt he'll be wearing sleeveless shirts.

Babolast
04-08-2010, 03:12 AM
He is not switching.

rovex
04-08-2010, 03:14 AM
He is not switching.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4546606#post4546606

"Hello everyone

We heard that Gael Monfils would no longer play with Nike shortly, information or brainwashing???

As you are aware of everything, do you have any news about his future clothing brand???"

Babolast
04-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Time wil tell I guess.

skyzoo
04-08-2010, 04:50 AM
This would be great for The Lacoste brand if they can design a line bright and vibrant enough for him, but only if they release it to the public.

rovex
04-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Delete post

Teyko
04-08-2010, 06:09 AM
It would be awesome to have Monfils go to FILA...could you imagine a Monfils line.

MAX PLY
04-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Maybe he can endorse a line of clothing that looks great for one match but fades and doesn't fit too well for the next match.

OKUSA
04-08-2010, 09:19 AM
he better stay sleeveless, those deltoids are something to behold

Fee
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
What is TWE?

Sixone
04-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Tennis Warehouse Europe

Sixone
04-08-2010, 10:36 AM
i hope he stays with Nike

Fee
04-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Tennis Warehouse Europe

Thanks. :)

rovex
04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
People should pay attention to his twitter.

skyzoo
04-08-2010, 01:05 PM
http://twitter.com/gaelmonfilss

rovex
04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
http://twitter.com/gaelmonfilss

That's not it.

rovex
04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
http://twitter.com/monfilsgael

dantheman
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
he might be switching with lacoste hope lacoste comes out with good sleeveless shirts

Bhagi Katbamna
04-08-2010, 08:27 PM
When is he going to end his relationship with standing too far back and playing too passively?

Strober
04-09-2010, 06:21 AM
According to TWE, there have been rumours that the vibrant Frenchman will not be wearing Nike clothing next time he plays. Anyone have more news on this matter?

he has signed with K-SWISS, an odd one but that's the word on the tour

rovex
04-09-2010, 06:23 AM

Why thank you for confirming. Didn't expect this but a great coup for K-swiss.

Babolast
04-09-2010, 06:42 AM

Strober! How you been my man!? Have not seen you in a while.

What other good news do you have for us? Anything on 2011?

himynameisNIKE
04-09-2010, 06:50 AM

WTFFFF :shock:

are you fo real???

Babolast
04-09-2010, 06:52 AM

are you fo real???

Yea he is legit and I trust him.

Strober
04-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Strober! How you been my man!? Have not seen you in a while.

What other good news do you have for us? Anything on 2011?

very well thanks, been doing some travelling so not been on the forum for a while, did you see the Tsonga shoe test thread in IW, that's the new shoe I mentioned before, the info on the thread was wrong though, i hear that verdasco had already tested them, they are very cool from what I saw and Tsonga seemed really happy with them when he was hitting with monfils

Strober
04-09-2010, 06:56 AM

are you fo real???

believe me i was as surprised as you mate, but remember they have a lot of cash left over from missing out on murray and nole, look at the cash they threw at querry and bryans, mental....

Babolast
04-09-2010, 07:25 AM
very well thanks, been doing some travelling so not been on the forum for a while, did you see the Tsonga shoe test thread in IW, that's the new shoe I mentioned before, the info on the thread was wrong though, i hear that verdasco had already tested them, they are very cool from what I saw and Tsonga seemed really happy with them when he was hitting with monfils

:) Have you heard any more info and Adi clothing for 2011?

Strober
04-09-2010, 07:30 AM
:) Have you heard any more info and Adi clothing for 2011?

some.... its the best range they have done in years, if not ever, especially the edge range, mad colours and lightweight fabrics, plus comp range very classy

Babolast
04-09-2010, 07:37 AM
some.... its the best range they have done in years, if not ever, especially the edge range, mad colours and lightweight fabrics, plus comp range very classy

Do you know any of the colours yet?

Strober
04-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Do you know any of the colours yet?

not specifics, just know they are impactful

rovex
04-09-2010, 07:41 AM
I can't wait to see what "Adizero" will be like.

Babolast
04-09-2010, 07:50 AM
not specifics, just know they are impactful

Can you somehow have a look for us?

dantheman
04-09-2010, 08:18 AM
i find it really sad that players are signing with kswiss
the clothes they make are truely disgusting and their shoes are terrible
idk why players are signing with them just for a tiny little bit of extra cash i know forsure that nike is paying monfils alot
since he's the highest freshman wearing nike right now and he's in the top 20

genius24
04-09-2010, 03:12 PM
idk why players are signing with them just for a tiny little bit of extra cash i know forsure that nike is paying monfils alot

agrees 100%- kswiss stuff is nasty as hell in my opinion as well. but, money talks. if it is a marginal amount of money i def stay with nike if i were him. however, if its a significant diff maybe k swiss.

gino
04-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Wow this sucks... looks like Nike is gonna make Del potro stick with the sleeveless since Monfils is gone. I have always seen Monfils as a Nike or nothing kind-of-guy (Ala... Federer, Nadal, Moya, Sampras)

This could be a very James Blake like move... possibly disastrous lol

Oh well....

roger nadal
04-09-2010, 06:45 PM
monfils wont look good in anything but nike. he'll switch back in a couple of years

Vyse
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
I am not sure I believe this. This has to be a joke

THESEXPISTOL
04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Prime Monfils is gone, so did Nike.

They did the same with Blake, Hewitt among others.
Nike are really a bunch of *******s. When a player ranking goes down they don't renew.

blaby
04-09-2010, 07:53 PM
why k swiss? hes gonna look horrible in it.

Swagger
04-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Everytime I hear K-Swiss I think of those dirty old short and thick white shoes that are worn by high school students in a public school. K-Swiss is grotesque with their stripes and shield logos.

The stripes on all their clothes are so random and go in completely random directions.

dantheman
04-10-2010, 11:42 AM
i hope he signs with lacoste or adidas or fred perry.
but i rather have him stay with nike :/

Shaolin
04-10-2010, 12:08 PM

I agree. I'm all for the underdog/smaller companies but K-Swiss just plain sucks. I hope he stays with Nike or goes with a company like Under Armor that makes something halfway decent.

PTFC
04-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Agreed that its hard to see Gael in anything other than Nike.

Would've been nice to see him in Lacoste.

Dorian Grey
04-11-2010, 11:47 AM
He's signed, will playing at the French in Kswiss. They have several sleeveless shirts he can use but it's not def he will wear them. Board shorts look like his choice in shorts.

He has tried and likes the new Glaciator 4 shoe - out in July. It will come in black b/c that's his fave color? and other bright colors. Very similar to Cage and Breathe design he said?.

He also said they are about to sign a top 10 female in the upcoming months.

He did say that they had Murray but Adidas came in with more money at the last minute. It was a done deal apparently?

rovex
04-11-2010, 11:51 AM
He's signed, will playing at the French in Kswiss. They have several sleeveless shirts he can use but it's not def he will wear them. Board shorts look like his choice in shorts.

He has tried and likes the new Glaciator 4 shoe - out in July. It will come in black b/c that's his fave color? and other bright colors. Very similar to Cage and Breathe design he said?.

He did say that they had Murray but Adidas came in with more money at the last minute. It was a done deal apparently?

Nice, I reckon the female player is Azerenka.

marinou
04-11-2010, 11:51 AM

I wonder who she is...:confused:
I hope not dinara.
Maybe Radwanska? Or Venus?

rudester
04-11-2010, 11:55 AM

I guess if the shoe fits......... I am one who actually likes their shoes and prefer them to Nike

rovex
04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
It's either

Radwanska

Azarenka

or

Venus

Capt. Willie
04-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Everytime I hear K-Swiss I think of those dirty old short and thick white shoes that are worn by high school students in a public school. K-Swiss is grotesque with their stripes and shield logos.

The stripes on all their clothes are so random and go in completely random directions.

Public school students wear "dirty old short and thick white shoes"? At what school?...I've never seen this. :confused:

As for random stripes, once again, what are you talking about? I see worse random striping on other brands. K-Swiss has the five stripes incorporated into the clothes much like adidas with their three stripes. If you are talking about the Signature polo and crew, look again. The pattern is clearly based on five stripes.

Capt. Willie
04-11-2010, 01:01 PM

agrees 100%- kswiss stuff is nasty as hell in my opinion as well. but, money talks. if it is a marginal amount of money i def stay with nike if i were him. however, if its a significant diff maybe k swiss.

I agree. I'm all for the underdog/smaller companies but K-Swiss just plain sucks. I hope he stays with Nike or goes with a company like Under Armor that makes something halfway decent.

K-Swiss has gone to great lengths to improve thir product line so they can compete with adidas and Nike. I think you people are still looking at them as a casual lifestyle brand. They are much more than that now.

Capt. Willie
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Lots of great signings by K-Swiss of late, too bad they didn't land Andy Murray too.

Not that it relates to tennis but the Jillian Michaels signing the other day will help them a lot too.

Dorian Grey
04-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Just to add to my last post, they have on board ex-Nike tennis designers to appeal to more tennis players and not just 'lifestyle' buyers...

He was very excited about the new designs coming down the pipeline in the next six months....

He added that the new Glaciator 4 pre-sales have been so well received by the big tennis stores, it has sold out until Sept? Watch TW review for the new shoe in July....

Shaolin
04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
K-Swiss has gone to great lengths to improve thir product line so they can compete with adidas and Nike. I think you people are still looking at them as a casual lifestyle brand. They are much more than that now.

Well maybe they'll start putting their $$ into r&d instead of sponsoring Anna Kournikova.

Vyse
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Just to add to my last post, they have on board ex-Nike tennis designers to appeal to more tennis players and not just 'lifestyle' buyers...

He was very excited about the new designs coming down the pipeline in the next six months....

He added that the new Glaciator 4 pre-sales have been so well received by the big tennis stores, it has sold out until Sept? Watch TW review for the new shoe in July....

Where do you get your info? Just curious

DanaKz
04-11-2010, 11:13 PM
OMG, when I try to imagine Gael in these disgusting checkered pants, my head is about to blow, and I cannot find any decent words for it.

It will be awful.

Dorian Grey
04-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Where do you get your info? Just curious

The local K Swiss Rep is a friend.

rovex
04-12-2010, 04:31 AM
The local K Swiss Rep is a friend.

Do you have any insight on why the switch is happening now? Did Monfils decide to quit Nike or Nike drop him?

Gorecki
04-12-2010, 04:32 AM
idk why players are signing with them just for a tiny little bit of extra cash i

:confused:

There there Karl Lagerfeld...

they do it because it's a job and not a fashion statement...

Dorian Grey
04-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Do you have any insight on why the switch is happening now? Did Monfils decide to quit Nike or Nike drop him?

He said that his contract expired and Nike didn't want to renew, I'm sure money played a part? K-Swiss apparently want to have more presence not just big names - his words not mine...

coloskier
04-12-2010, 05:54 AM
With the way Monfils has been playing lately, it is more likely that Nike is dumping Monfils at the end of his contract and not the other way around.

Strober
04-12-2010, 11:16 AM

Glad i hadnt given duff info out,

Strober
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM

i heard they fell out a while back, plus if we are honest he hasnt taken his world conquring junior form to the senior stage, yes at times he is awesome on court but very rarely plays a lot of tennis at the weekend.....

Capt. Willie
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Any idea as to who this is?

I'm assuming it would have to be someone with no clothing/shoe contract or whose contract is about to expire.

Dorian Grey
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Any idea as to who this is?

I'm assuming it would have to be someone with no clothing/shoe contract or whose contract is about to expire.

He didn't know?? I'm sure the tennis expert's on here would make a very good guessimation...

dantheman
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
lets see what monfils will wear next week at Rome.
i hope this kswiss scandal is all a rumor

bezs
04-12-2010, 10:35 PM
He didn't know?? I'm sure the tennis expert's on here would make a very good guessimation...

My guess would be Agnieszka Radwanska

Babolast
04-13-2010, 12:18 AM
My guess would be Agnieszka Radwanska

Seems like a good guess to me.

ngtaj88
05-06-2010, 06:56 AM
I guess Monfils really did switch to K Swiss. I think he is wearing their jacket with the K Swiss badge on it from this page.

http://www.estorilopen.net/News/Tennis/2010/Tournament/Thursday-Monfils-Ljubicic-Pull-Out.aspx

JoelDali
05-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Monfils is a clown.

ajs72us
05-06-2010, 07:33 AM
http://tennisconnected.com/home/2010/05/03/monfils-to-leave-nike-for-k-swiss/

phishua
05-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Monfils is a clown.

Outstanding contribution to the thread.

http://dewdude.net/files/2010/03/STFU_and_GTFO.jpg

Tour90
05-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Outstanding contribution to the thread.

http://dewdude.net/files/2010/03/STFU_and_GTFO.jpg

haha, nice

phishua
05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
haha, nice

Thanks! Enjoy it while it's there, I have a feeling the mods will delete it soon enough... :(

dantheman
05-06-2010, 06:52 PM
major lost for nike.

coloskier
05-07-2010, 09:23 AM
major lost for nike.

If Monfils is leaving, it is more than likely because Nike doesn't want him, not the other way around. I highly doubt Monfils will be getting more money from someone else than Nike was paying him.

hollywood9826
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Nike doesnt throw huge cash at everybody. Its very possible Nike wasnt paying him a whole lot, hes not one of theier main guys IMO. A company will make Monfils one of there main guys, pay him a bit more, and let him have a bit more say on what happens with his stuff.

Thats essentially why Blake went with Fila.

Blake did a similar deal with Fila.

coloskier
05-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I guess I should restate that Nike didn't think that Monfils was worth the money that he wanted.

Dave M
05-07-2010, 02:18 PM

I first had some SI18s back in the early mid 90's I used to use them again when coaching and being on court all day, we were supplied with head shoes (awful) FOC, and had discounts on Adidas and Nik but i coul never fiund anything as comfy as K swiss. Their half sizes were avaliable too but the i think they were called 7.0 series with that cooling stuff in them were nice too.
I guess it comes down to how important image is but the shoes are comfortable and the clothing lasts well.
Nike doesnt throw huge cash at everybody. Its very possible Nike wasnt paying him a whole lot, hes not one of theier main guys IMO. A company will make Monfils one of there main guys, pay him a bit more, and let him have a bit more say on what happens with his stuff.

Thats essentially why Blake went with Fila.Blake did a similar deal with Fila.

I was thinking that's likely to be the case, big fish smaller pond kind of thing!

himynameisNIKE
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Can anyone honestly say they buy something because this semi-nobody wears it? Call me when the dude wins something or moves some product! It takes more than skinny arms and fluffly hair to sell goods!!

i would buy the sleeveless because of monfils but they dont sell them in USA. semi-nobody? right. call me when you make the semis of the french open.

blaby
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
is he still gonna wear asleeveless shirt for fila?

himynameisNIKE
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Semi is semi nothing just like this bum

right. the semifinals of his home SLAMis nothing.

ricflair
05-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Current world No. 18 Gael Monfils will reportedly leave his long time sponsor Nike to join forces with K-Swiss this week.

Recently signing the likes of Sam Querrey, the Bryan Brothers, and Mardy Fish, K-Swiss has made a significant impact on the North American tennis market with their flashy yet classic designs.

skyzoo
05-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Current world No. 18 Gael Monfils will reportedly leave his long time sponsor Nike to join forces with K-Swiss this week.

Recently signing the likes of Sam Querrey, the Bryan Brothers, and Mardy Fish, K-Swiss has made a significant impact on the North American tennis market with their flashy yet classic designs.

Flashy Designs?

ricflair
05-08-2010, 08:14 AM
http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/sport/kswiss,65b1b2ce47ece2d7e8b96003ad147b5d.bmp.html

ricflair
05-08-2010, 08:15 AM
http://free0.hiboox.com/images/1810/65b1b2ce47ece2d7e8b96003ad147b5d.bmp (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/sport/kswiss,65b1b2ce47ece2d7e8b96003ad147b5d.bmp.html)

Murray_Fan
05-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I think hes a great Player for Nike and i how they dont let him go

Murray_Fan
05-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Also hes a good role model which nike would like to have

Murray_Fan
05-08-2010, 08:23 AM
http://free0.hiboox.com/images/1810/65b1b2ce47ece2d7e8b96003ad147b5d.bmp (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/sport/kswiss,65b1b2ce47ece2d7e8b96003ad147b5d.bmp.html)

Hes gone to K-Swiss according to the picture

great upload thanks for sharing

gino
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I've just lost all respect for him. What a shame

chicken nugget
05-09-2010, 12:01 AM
you can't respect someone for what he wears

Terre Battu
05-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Prime Monfils is gone, so did Nike.

They did the same with Blake, Hewitt among others.
Nike are really a bunch of *******s. When a player ranking goes down they don't renew.

Mofils didn't leave Nike. NIke DROPPED Monfils. This is very typical of Nike, we've seen it over and over again. It's all about the $$$ w/ Nike.

baseline_monster
05-09-2010, 01:03 AM

How can you lose all respect for a guy for switching clothing brands, are you nuts?

skyzoo
05-09-2010, 05:28 AM

That's quite ugly, definitely not flashy enough for Gael.

gino
05-09-2010, 07:36 AM
How can you lose all respect for a guy for switching clothing brands, are you nuts?

It's called sarcasm my friend. Don't worry, I still love the guy's game.

West Coast Ace
05-09-2010, 02:47 PM
It would be awesome to have Monfils go to FILA...could you imagine a Monfils line.Don't you have to WIN something to get your own signature line?

I guess I should restate that Nike didn't think that Monfils was worth the money that he wanted.I concur - they have JMDP (wrist permitting) to wear the sleeveless. And he WON something. And Nike has those two other Europeans - Roger something and a kid from Spain.

I would have guessed Adidas (but like coloskier said, he probably threw a number at them, they had a good laugh, and said 'no'). K-Swiss has definitely been active.

chicken nugget
05-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Man, there's no sarcasm whatsoever in this

JoshDragon
05-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Then clearly, you are not a tennis fan. If you were, you wouldn't lose all of your respect for a player because he changes brands.

It's called sarcasm my friend. Don't worry, I still love the guy's game.

Eh, didn't seem like sarcasm but ok.:/

christos_liaskos
05-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Well if anyone doubted any of the 'talk' on these boards then the time for wondering is over. Monfils is on court this very minute wearing a blue K-Swiss t-shirt (no sleevless top)

darrinbaker00
05-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Don't you have to WIN something to get your own signature line?
Like James Blake, you mean?

himynameisNIKE
05-10-2010, 06:47 AM
It doesnt look that bad. Actually its kind of nice, i just dont like the shoes

Babolast
05-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Cant wait to see what K-Swiss has in store for the US Open.

dirtballer
05-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Monfils just had to change his shorts during his match with Robert. Either the drawstring broke or the elastic broke. Not a good advertisement for the new sponsor.

Dave M
05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
It seems funny to see some people saying they are thought of as a leisure wear company, i know around here you have only recently (last couple of years)been able to get the non tennis gear.It's starting to look a bit chavy in some regions but it seems seperate nough from the proper sporting goods to still be ok to wear!

innoVAShaun
05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b7/fullj.bb1d1c546a689cdc4e3933115a4d57c0/bb1d1c546a689cdc4e3933115a4d57c0-getty-98299770jj022_mutua_madrile.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/5e/fullj.2a2769590048340c164c632258f3d160/2a2769590048340c164c632258f3d160-getty-98299770cb030_mutua_madrile.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/6e/fullj.9ea3931b9cd7f778326a5807251f440d/9ea3931b9cd7f778326a5807251f440d-getty-98299770cb029_mutua_madrile.jpg

gino
05-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Actually looks sweet on him. I love the blue

OliverSimon
05-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm actually digging the K-Swiss on him, and their entire line year.

decades
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
if anything Nike ended their partnership with MonFEE because, well he never wins nothin.

West Coast Ace
05-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Like James Blake, you mean?Yeah, he's no Rod Laver either - but up 10 to 2 in titles - and some are bigger than Metz and Sopot (Monfils' two). Would be interesting to know how much each is getting out of K-Swiss.

Capt. Willie
05-10-2010, 07:38 PM
K-Swiss Signs French Tennis Star Gael Monfils
Monday 05/10/2010 7:17 PM ET - Pr Newswire Europe

Related Companies
Symbol Last %Chg
KSWS 9.05 -1.20%

As of 4:00 PM ET 5/10/10
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, California, May 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --

Iconic footwear and sportswear brand K-Swiss Inc. (Nasdaq: KSWS) is proud to announce the addition of Gael Monfils, the second highest ranked French tennis player and current ATP Tour World No. 18, to its tennis roster. Under the multi-year deal, Monfils will represent K-Swiss footwear and apparel. He will be the highest ranked men's singles player on the K-Swiss team.

At 23 years old, Monfils has two career ATP titles and is a seven-time ATP Tour finalist. Monfils has maintained his Top 20 ranking since October 2008, with a career-high No. 9 in 2009, spending 14 weeks in the Top 10. Since 2007 he has advanced to the third round or better in every Grand Slam he's played in, including a spectacular run to the semi-finals at the 2008 French Open. In 2009, Monfils won his second career title at Open de Moselle in Metz, France, was a finalist at the BNP Paribas Masters, and won a personal best of 42 matches.

"Gael is, without question, one of the most exciting players on the tour. He has a flair for the game that is hard to ignore and he is a title-winning threat on all surfaces," said K-Swiss Sports Marketing Director, Erik Vervloet. "We are very excited to have him with our brand and think he will deliver some real punch to K-Swiss. He will be a big part of our marketing efforts, not only in Europe, but globally as well. He is young, talented, and is only going to get better as the years go on. We are anxious to see how he continues to develop into an extraordinary athlete."

"I am thrilled to join such an iconic tennis brand with a great reputation for athlete collaboration," said Monfils. "I am looking forward to working with K-Swiss on developing my own line of clothes to launch next year and growing our relationship in the years to come."

About K-Swiss:

K-Swiss is a publicly traded company founded more than forty years ago in Van Nuys, California. K-Swiss introduced the first all-leather tennis shoe, the K-Swiss "Classic" in 1966. Since its inception, K-Swiss has rooted itself in California Sport with an aim to be the most inspiring and innovative sports brand in the market. Today the company offers performance and lifestyle footwear and apparel for several categories under its California Sports umbrella including Tennis Heritage, California Fit (Running, Triathlon and Fitness) and California Youth. For more information about K-Swiss, visit http://www.kswiss.com.

dmseon
05-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Gael is wearing KSwiss clothing and shoes at the Madrid Open. I guess he has signed with that company.

Shaolin
05-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Gael is wearing KSwiss clothing and shoes at the Madrid Open. I guess he has signed with that company.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FHd0F0zCLp0/SvLkfVA-llI/AAAAAAAAAtc/hniwvnIXE50/s400/master_obvious.jpg.gif

100Inch
05-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe he can endorse a line of clothing that looks great for one match but fades and doesn't fit too well for the next match.

I like Monfils and don't care what anyone wears, but that's very funny!

the mania
05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
K-Swiss Signs French Tennis Star Gael Monfils
Monday 05/10/2010 7:17 PM ET - Pr Newswire Europe

Related Companies
Symbol Last %Chg
KSWS 9.05 -1.20%

As of 4:00 PM ET 5/10/10
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, California, May 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --

Iconic footwear and sportswear brand K-Swiss Inc. (Nasdaq: KSWS) is proud to announce the addition of Gael Monfils, the second highest ranked French tennis player and current ATP Tour World No. 18, to its tennis roster. Under the multi-year deal, Monfils will represent K-Swiss footwear and apparel. He will be the highest ranked men's singles player on the K-Swiss team.

At 23 years old, Monfils has two career ATP titles and is a seven-time ATP Tour finalist. Monfils has maintained his Top 20 ranking since October 2008, with a career-high No. 9 in 2009, spending 14 weeks in the Top 10. Since 2007 he has advanced to the third round or better in every Grand Slam he's played in, including a spectacular run to the semi-finals at the 2008 French Open. In 2009, Monfils won his second career title at Open de Moselle in Metz, France, was a finalist at the BNP Paribas Masters, and won a personal best of 42 matches.

"Gael is, without question, one of the most exciting players on the tour. He has a flair for the game that is hard to ignore and he is a title-winning threat on all surfaces," said K-Swiss Sports Marketing Director, Erik Vervloet. "We are very excited to have him with our brand and think he will deliver some real punch to K-Swiss. He will be a big part of our marketing efforts, not only in Europe, but globally as well. He is young, talented, and is only going to get better as the years go on. We are anxious to see how he continues to develop into an extraordinary athlete."

"I am thrilled to join such an iconic tennis brand with a great reputation for athlete collaboration," said Monfils. "I am looking forward to working with K-Swiss on developing my own line of clothes to launch next year and growing our relationship in the years to come."

About K-Swiss:

K-Swiss is a publicly traded company founded more than forty years ago in Van Nuys, California. K-Swiss introduced the first all-leather tennis shoe, the K-Swiss "Classic" in 1966. Since its inception, K-Swiss has rooted itself in California Sport with an aim to be the most inspiring and innovative sports brand in the market. Today the company offers performance and lifestyle footwear and apparel for several categories under its California Sports umbrella including Tennis Heritage, California Fit (Running, Triathlon and Fitness) and California Youth. For more information about K-Swiss, visit http://www.kswiss.com.

Monbum "thank god i got this company to throw some money at me, i mean, i don't win anything and tennis players only get paid when they win, hair gel is not cheap, thanks k-dawg, i mean, k-swiss"

Capt. Willie
05-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Why all the hate for K-Swiss? They have made serious efforts to improve their tennis and running shoe lines. The clothes are very nice looking and up to the same quality standards as Nike and adidas. And they are signing athletes that will give them exposure to certain key markets and demographics. I believe this is the next big up and coming sports brand.

the mania
05-13-2010, 09:24 PM
I agree the Swiss is not bad, it's just funny these guys all freak out over monbum leaving Nike as if Nike needs him in it's stable. Anyone ever hear of that fed or rafa guy? Nike will be fine, monbum will cash in, kswiss gets exposure and the fans don't have to see those skinny arms anymore. Well done everyone!

volleynets
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Kswiss is doing well! They got Fish, Querrey and the Bryans from Adidas and they got Monfils and Haas(not sure what he is wearing now) after Nike. The clothes also are nice. It's just going to take time to get used to not seeing Nike signs on Monfils's shoes but other than that he looks good in Kswiss.

Dorian Grey
05-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Kswiss is doing well! They got Fish, Querrey and the Bryans from Adidas and they got Monfils and Haas(not sure what he is wearing now) after Nike. The clothes also are nice. It's just going to take time to get used to not seeing Nike signs on Monfils's shoes but other than that he looks good in Kswiss.

His new shoe is the Speedster...part of a very cool line coming out soon...if you want to see the new Glaciator 4 go to the website and check under coming soon..

aceX
05-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Monfils looked good in the k-swiss against Nadal.

I was laughing so hard in the second set of him against Nadal, Monfils is so funny.