PDA

View Full Version : Head Radical Tour Trysis v Head Radical Tour twin tube

Meaghan
04-09-2010, 09:55 AM
What are the major differences between these two rackets in make up, play and spec??

Is one better than the other in your opinion..........?

Bud
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
What are the major differences between these two rackets in make up, play and spec??

Is one better than the other in your opinion..........?

I think the racquets are pretty much identical in specs and composition... starting with the bumblebee (c. 1993)... and two iterations later - zebra (c. 1995) and then the 3rd version (c. 1997).

The Trisys 260 (and Radical Tours) all incorporated twintube construction, IIRC.

MichaelChang
04-09-2010, 10:37 AM
The TwinTube feels more muted/dampened feel.

Bud
04-09-2010, 10:40 AM
The TwinTube feels more muted/dampened feel.

IIRC, All of the Radical Tour (also Trisys 260) racquets from 1993-1997 incorporated TT construction and the specs were virtually identical... approximately 12.4 oz and 4-5 points HL.

jimbo333
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
IIRC, All of the Radical Tour (also Trisys 260) racquets from 1993-1997 incorporated TT construction and the specs were virtually identical... approximately 12.4 oz and 4-5 points HL.

Yes this is what I thought as well:)

I do have an OS Trisys 260 that I'm sure feels lighter than 12oz, but it is quite headlight, so maybe just seems lighter than it actually is?

I will weigh it when I can find it:-?

vsbabolat
04-09-2010, 12:30 PM

The Original Radical Tour 630 (Trisys 260 in USA) bumble bee black/yellow from 1993-1995 were not TwinTube.

Meaghan
04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
The Original Radical Tour 630 (Trisys 260 in USA) bumble bee black/yellow from 1993-1995 were not TwinTube.

was that made with twaron fibres ??

also what is twin tube exactly and how does it differ from a normal Head racket of the time ??

Meaghan
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Is this an original trysis?

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/rmeaghan/BqDrz6wBWkKGrHqIH-EQEuiHUlMBLuKCwqr.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/rmeaghan/BqDsJUQmkKGrHqUH-CUEuOkD5jMEBLuKDfK.jpg

MomentumGT
04-09-2010, 01:06 PM

This would be correct. I had 4 Trisys 260 MP's when I was a junior and it had no TwinTube technology. When the TwinTube version came out I thought it would be so awesome but was greatly disappointed. TT was so muted and felt ultra soft not like the crisp solid feeling of the 260's.

-Jon

Ross K
04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Meagan,

Never got my hands on one but the Bumblebee supposedly plays a bit stiffer and is a real felt-ripping ball-crusher (ahem) :shock::) .

The Twin Tube I can confirm is VERY soft and flexy... uniquely so I'd say as the ball is not so much pocketed but made a cup of tea, given a newspaper to read, and then quite a while later is sent back on its merry way! :lol: You get the point Rich?!... it holds the ball on the strings in a particularly distinctive manner (the serve feels pretty different all right)... people tend to love or hate it I think... I've actually changed my mind rather dramatically on this. I'd add that the frame has a wonderful solidness, control, feel and responsiveness (especially as regards b-line play)... oh - and the pj's brilliant imo too!

R.

TheRed
04-09-2010, 01:26 PM
2nd that. the Original Rad was not TT. TT was the beginning of adding technology to the Rad. I used the original, my friend used the TT. the 1998, 3rd iteration was also TT. The 3 racquets also played differently, despite people claiming that the 2nd and 3rd iterations were the same except for paintjob. the 3rd version had a lower swingweight and was slightly less muted. Power was fairly close in all 3 versions.

Ross K
04-09-2010, 01:27 PM
This would be correct. I had 4 Trisys 260 MP's when I was a junior and it had no TwinTube technology. When the TwinTube version came out I thought it would be so awesome but was greatly disappointed. TT was so muted and felt ultra soft not like the crisp solid feeling of the 260's.

-Jon

Interesting... I know many, including Doc Hollidae who started the great Radical club on TT were/are of the opinion that in fact the Twin Tube (and especially the '98 version (yellow, silver, black, red cosmetic) was the greatest and most highly prized of them all... this is of course highly subjective but none-the-less...

R.

Meaghan
04-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Meagan,

Never got my hands on one but the Bumblebee supposedly plays a bit stiffer and is a real felt-ripping ball-crusher (ahem) :shock::) .

The Twin Tube I can confirm is VERY soft and flexy... uniquely so I'd say as the ball is not so much pocketed but made a cup of tea, given a newspaper to read, and then quite a while later is sent back on its merry way! :lol: You get the point Rich?!... it holds the ball on the strings in a particularly distinctive manner (the serve feels pretty different all right)... people tend to love or hate it I think... I've actually changed my mind rather dramatically on this. I'd add that the frame has a wonderful solidness, control, feel and responsiveness (especially as regards b-line play)... oh - and the pj's brilliant imo too!

R.

That kind of answers my question in a way. The bumblebee im thinking prob plays like my vantage. I was looking for something flexier to try out with the muted feel of my graphite pro or pt600 so I will pick up th twin tube to have a play with.

Anyone know what modern 18x20 bumper/grommet would fit this racket ??

Fed Kennedy
04-09-2010, 02:35 PM
The black and yellow 260 is an absolute ball killer. One of the most solid sticks I ever hit. The other ones play softer and have less power, less crispiness. All are sweet.

vsbabolat
04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Anyone know what modern 18x20 bumper/grommet would fit this racket ??

If You would like to put C.A.P. Grommets the LM Prestige Midplus or MG Prestige Midplus will both fit. If you like traditional grommets the Intelligence i.Prestige XL Mid+ Grommet will fit perfectly. In the U.S. the i.Prestige Midplus XL was sold with traditional grommets.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-GROMHEAD.html

Meaghan
04-09-2010, 03:32 PM
If You would like to put C.A.P. Grommets the LM Prestige Midplus or MG Prestige Midplus will both fit. If you like traditional grommets the Intelligence i.Prestige XL Mid+ Grommet will fit perfectly. In the U.S. the i.Prestige Midplus XL was sold with traditional grommets.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-GROMHEAD.html

what about any of the radical grommets VS ??

jimbo333
04-09-2010, 03:42 PM

I'll answer that one (VS was my teacher):)

The new radicals are a different mold. The radical tour 630 that you have is the same mold as PT630 and very similar to i prestige 630 and LM prestige MP!

(Actually I might have that wrong, VS will explain better:))

Meaghan
04-09-2010, 03:51 PM
just bought.....

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/rmeaghan/340522206_o1.jpg

Fed Kennedy
04-09-2010, 03:55 PM
So awesome!

jimbo333
04-09-2010, 03:56 PM
^^^^^^Really nice racquets mate:)

You'll really like them!

lightflow
04-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi, I was looking at these 2 particular rackets today & trying to decide which to buy. I went for the Radical Tour Oversize (Bumblebee) as I owned one when first released and had fond memories, paid $38, is this a good price?

MichaelChang
04-09-2010, 05:10 PM
To people who interested in these old radicals.

They are indeed not the same racket. The Radical 260 Midplus is 57A, and Radical Twintube Midplus is 57B. The TwinTube is more muted.
Here are my rackets with pallets removed, so you can see the code on the hairpin:
http://i38.tinypic.com/kas1vb.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2hgek5h.jpg

I liked the 260 MP better. And I think it is the same as today's so-called PT57A. Regarding the grommets, the 260 and Twintube share the same mold as the PT630 (which is the same mold as the Prestige MP), and the beam width a slightly less than the new modern radicals, that is why you can use Prestige MP grommets to perfectly fit those old radical MPs.

The Radical 260 OS is the one Agassi endorsed. Paying 38 bucks for (a good condition )one sounds like a good deal, I would take that any day.

Thepowerofchoice
04-10-2010, 12:51 AM

MG Radical midplus would fit perfect.

jimbo333
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM

They are indeed not the same racket. The Radical 260 Midplus is 57A, and Radical Twintube Midplus is 57B. The TwinTube is more muted.
Here are my rackets with pallets removed, so you can see the code on the hairpin:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2hgek5h.jpg

I liked the 260 MP better. And I think it is the same as today's so-called PT57A. Regarding the grommets, the 260 and Twintube share the same mold as the PT630 (which is the same mold as the Prestige MP), and the beam width a slightly less than the new modern radicals, that is why you can use Prestige MP grommets to perfectly fit those old radical MPs.

The Radical 260 OS is the one Agassi endorsed. Paying 38 bucks for (a good condition )one sounds like a good deal, I would take that any day.

Excellent info:)

I wonder if the second Twin Tube Radical MP (the second zebra) is actually a 57C?

Anyone know?

jimbo333
04-11-2010, 11:16 AM
MG Radical midplus would fit perfect.

So do the MG Radical MP grommets definitely fit?

I really thought they wouldn't fit this racquet!

MichaelChang
04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Excellent info:)

I wonder if the second Twin Tube Radical MP (the second zebra) is actually a 57C?

Anyone know?

I think it is also 57-B, though I don't have a picture to prove it. I have never seen a 57C or 57D.

btw 57-E is the I.Prestige MP, which I have seen on its hairpin. Makes good sense to be today's so called PT57E.

Thepowerofchoice
04-11-2010, 07:33 PM
So do the MG Radical MP grommets definitely fit?

I really thought they wouldn't fit this racquet!

Yes. I have them on my Zebra right now.

Meaghan
04-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Yes. I have them on my Zebra right now.

Thanks, that makes things easier.......:)

MomentumGT
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Interesting... I know many, including Doc Hollidae who started the great Radical club on TT were/are of the opinion that in fact the Twin Tube (and especially the '98 version (yellow, silver, black, red cosmetic) was the greatest and most highly prized of them all... this is of course highly subjective but none-the-less...

R.

Yes definitely subjective. I personally feel the MP 260's were the best Radicals ever :) and none come close so far. The Youtek Rad is pretty good but I think no where close to the 260's. The Zebra's weren't so bad, to me it was just a let down as I was so hyped in buying those versions thinking they would be that much of an upgrade compared to the 260's. To each his own I guess.

-Jon

Meaghan
04-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Anyone know the spec of the rad TT ??

I found this on another thread (for the zebra) but my strung weight is 330g ?????

Head size: 97 sq. in. / 626 sq. cm.
Balance: 7pts Head Light
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Swingweight: 339
Weight: 12.2oz / 346g
Stiffness: 58 (0-100)
String Pattern: 18 Mains / 20 Crosses

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/rmeaghan/RIMG0059.jpg

frekcles
04-14-2010, 08:27 AM
That's the same specs found in TW racquet finder.

The zebra is a little bit heavier than the 1998 twin tube Radical.

Off topic: Would you like to buy another 1998 TT Radical and a zebra? I'm trying to sell mine.

I found this on another thread (for the zebra) but my strung weight is 330g ?????

Ross K
04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Yes definitely subjective. I personally feel the MP 260's were the best Radicals ever :) and none come close so far. The Youtek Rad is pretty good but I think no where close to the 260's. The Zebra's weren't so bad, to me it was just a let down as I was so hyped in buying those versions thinking they would be that much of an upgrade compared to the 260's. To each his own I guess.

-Jon

I tried for ages to get hold of a Trysis 260 (or bumblebee)... I really wanted to experience some of that felt-ripping power for myself, but to no avail though, and moved on... ah well, along with a PC600, I'll hopefully have the opportunity to hit with 1 of these legendary frames 1 day! ("Wipes tear from eye". :roll:)

R.

Meaghan
04-15-2010, 12:11 AM
I tried for ages to get hold of a Trysis 260 (or bumblebee)... I really wanted to experience some of that felt-ripping power for myself, but to no avail though, and moved on... ah well, along with a PC600, I'll hopefully have the opportunity to hit with 1 of these legendary frames 1 day! ("Wipes tear from eye". :roll:)

R.

One just went real cheap on the bay, missed it, got engrossed in a film and missed it by 10 mins! :(

TheLambsheadrep
05-29-2010, 08:03 PM
I have 3 Head Radical Tour TT OS (yellow, grey, black, red 1998 version) but none of them have the L5 swing rating on the inside of the racket's neck. They are labeled XL, but measure 27" long- I have asked about this before on the forum and people think they were probably shortened at some point by the previous owner I had bought them from. did the XL version of the Radical Tour TT OS not have a swing rating label? that would clear up the original length question, along with the confusion of why its not labeled

pshulam
05-30-2010, 08:00 AM
The black and yellow 260 is an absolute ball killer.
The ball instantly becomes dead after the bumble-bee racket hit.

pshulam
05-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi, I was looking at these 2 particular rackets today & trying to decide which to buy. I went for the Radical Tour Oversize (Bumblebee) as I owned one when first released and had fond memories, paid $38, is this a good price?
If it is made in Austria and in condition of 8 or higher, $38 is a good price.

Don't Let It Bounce
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
The ball instantly becomes dead after the bumble-bee racket hit.Also, scientists have examined the Bumblebee and determined that it is physically impossible for it to crush a tennis ball. The Bumblebee, however, does not know this, so it crushes the ball anyway.

Is the reference too obscure?

TheLambsheadrep
05-30-2010, 04:56 PM
anyone know my question instead of being silly?

vsbabolat
05-30-2010, 05:11 PM
anyone know my question instead of being silly?

Why don't you post some photos of your racquets so we can see what is going on.

TheLambsheadrep
05-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Why don't you post some photos of your racquets so we can see what is going on.

i will try to get some pics up, but all there is is that where the standard swing rating label should be there is nothing. i will take some pics of the butt cap too to help determine if the length was altered. thanks for the help vsbabolat

TheLambsheadrep
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
here are the pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38221599@N05/sets/72157624174695444/
as you can see theres no swing rating, and the other side just has the tension recommendations and stuff like that. all 3 rackets are like this.

and if you look at the butt cap on the left side, you can see grey between the edge of the sticker and the black cap. is that added due to shortening of the handle? ive never seen it on normal handles, so im assuming it was added.

vsbabolat
05-31-2010, 12:37 PM
here are the pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38221599@N05/sets/72157624174695444/
as you can see theres no swing rating, and the other side just has the tension recommendations and stuff like that. all 3 rackets are like this.

and if you look at the butt cap on the left side, you can see grey between the edge of the sticker and the black cap. is that added due to shortening of the handle? ive never seen it on normal handles, so im assuming it was added.

My Radical Tour TwinTube 630 has no swing style rating either. If the racquet was shortened by the previous owner. The person would:
1. Take the grip off
2. remove butt-cap
3. remove pallets
4. cut racquet to desired length
5. cut pallets to length if they did not have shorter pallets
6. put all back together
There is no extra glue needed. You are not gluing anything. That is more than one hologram butt-cap sticker that was put on at the factory. I have quite a few Prestige Classic 600 like that.

TheLambsheadrep
05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
do you know why the swing style rating isnt labeled on our rackets but is on others? there are pics of other Radical Tour TT's on this forum that have the swing style rating labeled.

so the grey thing under the sticker is another sticker? and why is the length 27" if it says XL, maybe a misprint?

pshulam
05-31-2010, 03:15 PM
I have 3 Head Radical Tour TT OS (yellow, grey, black, red 1998 version) but none of them have the L5 swing rating on the inside of the racket's neck. They are labeled XL, but measure 27" long- I have asked about this before on the forum and people think they were probably shortened at some point by the previous owner I had bought them from. did the XL version of the Radical Tour TT OS not have a swing rating label? that would clear up the original length question, along with the confusion of why its not labeled
It appears that the Radical Tour Tour XL version (TT, Zebra) does not have the "L5" swing label inside the throat (see Item number: 260552041137 at bay). Another thing I notice is that even some standard length (non XL) version has no "L5" swing label (see Item number: 180508727010).

Your rackets are either shortened or mislabeled (wrong paint job).

pshulam
05-31-2010, 03:18 PM
do you know why the swing style rating isnt labeled on our rackets but is on others?
That's just inconsistency by Head - nothing more.

TheLambsheadrep
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
thanks for bringing up _bay; I looked at the other TT tour's and none of them had the swing style rating. makes me feel better.

do you think, by the pictures, the rackets were shortened or mislabeled with XL?

ManuGinobili
05-31-2010, 11:19 PM

The Radical 260 is the one with the red dampener right? How does the OS version play? I found a disinterested owner on another forum...

TheLambsheadrep
06-01-2010, 09:42 AM
no, the 260 is the other one

MichaelChang
06-02-2010, 07:31 AM
the radical 260 OS (the Agassi racket) or the radical TT OS are both excellent OS rackets. in the same league as the POG OS. the best OS rackets you can find.

MomentumGT
06-02-2010, 05:06 PM
the radical 260 OS (the Agassi racket) or the radical TT OS are both excellent OS rackets. in the same league as the POG OS. the best OS rackets you can find.

Yes they are really good rackets. I'm a midplus guy and had 4 of them in HS and loved them. I just picked up a 8.5~9/10th 260 Oversize for $20 from one of my teammates on my 4.0 team. He bought it back in 96' and it gave him TE (his strokes aren't that good) so I picked it up. It even has the original strings he strung it with.

-Jon

pshulam
06-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Yes they are really good rackets. I'm a midplus guy and had 4 of them in HS and loved them. I just picked up a 8.5~9/10th 260 Oversize for $20 from one of my teammates on my 4.0 team. He bought it back in 96' and it gave him TE (his strokes aren't that good) so I picked it up. It even has the original strings he strung it with.

-Jon

That's a great deal for $20.

Don't Let It Bounce
06-08-2010, 05:36 PM
For those who use the off-hand at the throat of the racquet, remember the unusual feel of the Twin Tube's surface? It felt somehow 'softer' than the surface of the Bumblebee, almost as if one could scratch it with a fingernail. Was that just its unique paint job, or did the polyamide outer layer of the frame have anything to do with it?

MomentumGT
06-08-2010, 05:41 PM
For those who use the off-hand at the throat of the racquet, remember the unusual feel of the Twin Tube's surface? It felt somehow 'softer' than the surface of the Bumblebee, almost as if one could scratch it with a fingernail. Was that just its unique paint job, or did the polyamide outer layer of the frame have anything to do with it?

I'm guessing that was the outer Twin Tube layer. LOL. My Head TT Premiere Tours were like that. It's like a thin clear film that wraps around the racket. Mine have all but scratched off on the hoop.

-Jon

jimbo333
06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Also, scientists have examined the Bumblebee and determined that it is physically impossible for it to crush a tennis ball. The Bumblebee, however, does not know this, so it crushes the ball anyway.

Is the reference too obscure?

Nice one:)

(I got it)

TheLambsheadrep
06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
so get this-if you look at the pics i put online and see the one of the butt cap, you can see the sticker and the grey ring around it. well, the grey ring is a thin and bendable metal disk, and i know this because it fell off my racket the other day. ive had the racket for 3 years and this is the first time its happened. i tried to stick it back on with a sealing glue today, but it kept shifting and wouldnt stick. it weighs a little less than a nickle, so no more than 5grams (.18 ounces)-would I feel a difference in the swing weight with that not on the racket? and are there more hologram stickers I can buy like the one I had to stick on the racket?

nicuo
07-08-2010, 08:29 AM
I tried for ages to get hold of a Trysis 260 (or bumblebee)... I really wanted to experience some of that felt-ripping power for myself, but to no avail though, and moved on... ah well, along with a PC600, I'll hopefully have the opportunity to hit with 1 of these legendary frames 1 day! ("Wipes tear from eye". )

R.

Sorry to say than that I've picked my old 630 radical and took it for a spin the other day :) Indeed an almost new tin of wilson us open balls have been carried on to their next lives. I was stupid/excited enough to not consider that the racquet had spent the last 15 years or so in the closet and went with the original leather grip (it's a 4 5/8) which has been somewhat bruised as a result, painting my hands black. The reason I had not liked the racquet the first time around had had to with playability, and although much older now I still feel that when carrying a larger grip size this stick will twist your arm on a less then carefully executed forehand. The double backhands are a blaze no matter what you do though, courtesy of the longer grip.

By the way, does anyone know if the YT prestige pro/mp match up to the original radical? I am in the market for one and since I did not like the beam on the YT radical I spotted the other day (too much like a babolat), I'd like to find out. Any advice appreciated.

My Best.

ace0001a
07-23-2010, 03:33 AM
just bought.....

Wow, those look in mint condition...nice find. I have a pair of those in OS size as I prefer 100-107 headsizes (yeah yeah, I suck, blah blah). To me, the original Radical Tour 260 (Bumblebee) has the best feel...it was made of of Graphite/Twaron construction and not Twin Tube and I absolutely love the crispiness of it has. The next closest to those would be the Blue/Black Pro Tour 280 model, which seems to be even more rare, especially the 690/OS version. I also own a Pro Tour 690 (Pro Tour 280 OS) and it feels like my Radical Tour 260 OS, but a little more flexy...more "smooth and buttery" as some would say. Though actually, I do often see the Pro Tour 630 pop up for sale here and there and so you might want to give those a try too.

hrstrat57
08-01-2010, 06:51 PM
just bought.....

Extremely jealous am I......

mad dog1
09-23-2010, 10:48 AM
i've been messing around w/ the Radical Tour OS (made in china bumblebee version) and a Radical Tour OS TwinTube (made in austria version). both very solid sticks. i agree that the bumblebee is a serious ballcrusher. the TT definitely has a softer, more muted feel to it. kinda similar to the newer YT Radical OS except w/o the tinny hollow feel. love both racquets. in fact, i'm liking them so much, they're now getting more use than my beloved POG OS and mids. my wife loves hitting w/ the bumblebee so much that i don't get to use it much since she reaches for that one first when we go hit. but hey, i can't complain. after all, she's allowed me to acquire a collection of over 50 racquets and hasn't given me any crap over it. :D

AlpineCadet
11-17-2011, 02:55 PM
just bought.....

Curious, is this the Radical Tour Twin Tube Zebra? If so, what year did they come out and how much do they sell for? The specs seem awesome.

vsbabolat
11-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Curious, is this the Radical Tour Twin Tube Zebra? If so, what year did they come out and how much do they sell for? The specs seem awesome.

The Radical Tour TwinTube 630 in that photo is the 1998. The "Zebra" was grey, light grey, and yellow and that came out in 1995. The only difference was cosmetic.

AlpineCadet
11-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks, vsbabolat!

Cesare
12-03-2011, 08:09 PM
The Radical Tour TwinTube 630 in that photo is the 1998. The "Zebra" was grey, light grey, and yellow and that came out in 1995. The only difference was cosmetic.

Just bought today one zebra midplus in mint conditions for 20 euro. The frame looks great. I have one question for you Vsbabolat:it's the head size of this frame exactly the same of the prestige intelligence mp, or it is slighty wider? thanks.

vsbabolat
12-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Just bought today one zebra midplus in mint conditions for 20 euro. The frame looks great. I have one question for you Vsbabolat:it's the head size of this frame exactly the same of the prestige intelligence mp, or it is slighty wider? thanks.

Head size is the same as i.Prestige MP. The Radical Tour TwinTube 630 is from teh same mold as the Pro Tour 630.

goldenyama
02-01-2012, 06:21 PM

Actually, if the 630s follow the example of the 690s, the difference between the 'Zebra' 1995 and 'Candycane' 1998 is not only cosmetic.

The Candycane has a slightly lower static weight and a considerably lower swingweight than the Zebra. I have two Candycanes and have been playing primarily with Zebras for the last few years and I notice a large drop in power, swingweight and awesome when I switch to the Candycane.

treblings
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Actually, if the 630s follow the example of the 690s, the difference between the 'Zebra' 1995 and 'Candycane' 1998 is not only cosmetic.

The Candycane has a slightly lower static weight and a considerably lower swingweight than the Zebra. I have two Candycanes and have been playing primarily with Zebras for the last few years and I notice a large drop in power, swingweight and awesome when I switch to the Candycane.

is that a zebra in your avatar?

goldenyama
02-02-2012, 02:51 PM
is that a zebra in your avatar?

Heh actually no it's a Candycane! I switched briefly to the 1998 version for it's lighter swingweight - I must have set my avatar during that period. I soon began to miss the plowthrough and power of the Zebra though and switched back - I should get around to doing the same with my avatar.

AlpineCadet
02-02-2012, 05:08 PM
How much is the Candycane worth used?

treblings
02-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Heh actually no it's a Candycane! I switched briefly to the 1998 version for it's lighter swingweight - I must have set my avatar during that period. I soon began to miss the plowthrough and power of the Zebra though and switched back - I should get around to doing the same with my avatar.

i am more familiar with the prestige line, but i got a radical made in austria in vg condition and i guess itīs a candycane. i have to search the forum for a picture of a zebra to confirm. do they look very different?