PDA

View Full Version : Who misses Nole Besides me ?

NoleDjoko
04-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I mean he hadn't played for amonth or something
i really miss his play hope he will do well at monte carlo

volleynets
04-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Miss the way he played in late 2007 early 2008. He doesn't seem to have that fire anymore. Saw him warm up for 15 minutes at Indian wells 2008 while Nadal was hitting for what seemed to be an hour and a half. He then beat Nadal 3 and 2 very quickly. He was smiling, relaxed, and very confident.

NoleDjoko
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
But we will see that nole again
that is what i hope so

volleynets
04-09-2010, 10:45 AM
But we will see that nole again
that is what i hope so

In clay season, he has to defend Monte Carlo and Rome finals as well as Madrid SF. Its hard for him to add points to his ranking in the clay season he may lose even more confidence if he fails to do so. FO is a good chance because of the loss last year.

NoleDjoko
04-09-2010, 10:48 AM
sure he has to do well in RG to get good points

Ocean Drive
04-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Noel Edmonds is a great TV host, don't really miss him tough as he's on Deal Or No Deal.

DRII
04-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Definitely. ..

Please come back with a decent serve and challenge the top again!

NoleDjoko
04-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Noel Edmonds is a great TV host, don't really miss him tough as he's on Deal Or No Deal.

Funny heh smart one
i meant novak djokovic and you know that

BallzofSkill
he thought he would just replace federer as the number 1 without having to work constantly at it. oh well, we know who the real champion is.

Ocean Drive
You mean Novak Djokovic, then.

rovex
04-09-2010, 11:03 AM
You mean Novak Djokovic, then.

Does it matter? And Djokovic's nickname is spelt different from the guy you mentioned anyway.

ronalditop
04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I miss him and his old game. His strokes have changed quite a lot, specially his forehand.

NoleDjoko
04-09-2010, 11:12 AM
ya his forehand even his backhand we don't see that backhand down the line winners any more hope he will get back soon and win RG

OKUSA
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
i don't miss 25 ball bounces and then double faults from a serve that is uglier than sin

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Does it matter? And Djokovic's nickname is spelt different from the guy you mentioned anyway.

Yeah, how dare he make a joke about a person with a name whose spelling is slightly different.

And as long as we're nitpicking, "spelt" isn't a word

rovex
04-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, how dare he make a joke about a person with a name whose spelling is slightly different.

It was a crap joke.

And as long as we're nitpicking, "spelt" isn't a word

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spelt

Spelt:

The past tense of spell

Dummy.

RCizzle65
04-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Yes I do miss him, I don't know why his game goes up and down whenever it feels like, I guess it has to do if he feels like playing or not. He played his best when he was aggressive in 2008, and played a bit smarter, now it seems he just grinds the ball, and his second serve isn't one of the greatest right now like it used to be.

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 11:56 AM
It was a crap joke.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spelt

Spelt:

The past tense of spell

Dummy.

Yeah, I don't really get my spelling tips from Urban Dictionary. You do realize Urban Dictionary isn't an actual dictionary, right?

And the past tense of "spell" is "spelled".

Dummy

rovex
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't really get my spelling tips from Urban Dictionary.

You might want to consider it, since your vocabulary appears to be falling short

Spelt:

A past tense and a past participle of spell

Ha, you really are ignorant.

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 12:05 PM
You might want to consider it, since your vocabulary appears to be falling short

Spelt:

A past tense and a past participle of spell

Ha, you really are ignorant.

You really don't believe "spelled" to be the proper past tense of "spell"? Wow, just wow.

In any case, we're both ******** for arguing on an online forum, so cheers

Travis Fong
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I don't really get my spelling tips from Urban Dictionary. You do realize Urban Dictionary isn't an actual dictionary, right?

Dummy

Win. Epic Win.

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Win. Epic Win.

I thought so :)

But at the same time, epic fail for arguing on the internet.

rovex
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
You really don't believe "spelled" to be the proper past tense of "spell"? Wow, just wow.

You are contradicting the source i posted. I never said "spelled" wasn't right, but you saying "spelt" is wrong makes you ignorant.

In any case, we're both ******** for arguing on an online forum, so cheers

Oh dear, the one calling someone ******** argued that "spelt" was not a word even though he was provided a link that proved otherwise. Wow, just wow.

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
You are contradicting the source i posted. I never said "spelled" wasn't wrong, but you saying "spelt" is wrong makes you ignorant.

Oh dear, the one calling someone ******** argued that "spelt" was not a word even though he was provided a link that proved otherwise. Wow, just wow.

Well done (10 char.)

rovex
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/spelt?view=uk

Another source, I wonder if Commando fail will argue this one as being wrong too.

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
A link showing that 9/11 was an inside job: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE

It's a link, so it must be true

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Ah, the Oxford!!

rovex
04-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for giving me a gem of a sig Commando Fail!

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 12:27 PM
A sad day for the English language indeed, Mr. Rovex

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for giving me a gem of a sig Commando Fail!

You sure showed me. However can I show my face again on this online tennis message board? :roll:

BallzofSkill
04-09-2010, 12:33 PM
You know you're irrelevant when a thread dedicated to you boils down to a spelling contest.

Djokovicfan4life
04-09-2010, 12:52 PM
First of all, yes, I hope Djokovic sorts his serve out and gets back to winning ways.

I hate to contribute to this whole nerd fest we've got going here, but aren't endings like "spelt" and "learnt" just a difference between British and American english?

tangerine
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I miss his old serve. The new one blows.

Vyse
04-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Eh, I like his groundstrokes alot, not much other than that.

Telepatic
04-09-2010, 01:30 PM
I think his racquet and low confidence pretty much changed his stokes and are likely to stay as they are currently, but still hoping for top serve to come back, current one is Safina like.

rovex
04-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I think his racquet and low confidence pretty much changed his stokes and are likely to stay as they are currently, but still hoping for top serve to return, current one is Safina like.

He's still using the same mold he had with Wilson. In other words, he never switched racquets.

Ballbashing Grinder
04-09-2010, 04:09 PM
He's still using the same mold he had with Wilson. In other words, he never switched racquets.

Is this definately true? I know his racquet is different to the one they advertise in stores as being his racquet but I also think it's somewhat different to his Wilson one.For one the frame looks much thicker-I've even seen expert commemtators do a split screen demonstration during some tourny last year of his forehand swing with both racquets,they said the new frame was thicker(and you could clearly see that) and that he had lost some "bite" on his shots or whatever.He also made a pretty big deal about his "adjusting period" at the start of last year-I know he can sometimes be a bit of a dramatist but I don't think he would have felt comfortable saying all that if he knew himself he had made no change whatsoever.He also went into a bit of detail in a presser during IW 09 of how he had spent a lot of time the previous year with Head developing a racquet specific to him.I really don't think this is a paint job,does anybody else not notice the difference in thickness at least?

And spelt and spelled are both perfectly correct Commander

volleynets
04-09-2010, 04:55 PM
You are contradicting the source i posted. I never said "spelled" wasn't right, but you saying "spelt" is wrong makes you ignorant.

Spelt I think is British English and spelled is American English. That said, spelt looks like something a 2nd grader would write. I have not seen it spelled that way since I was in 2nd grade. But I am in the US.

rommil
04-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I only miss Nole if he doesn't do the million bounce serve, he plays well and mostly he promises to leave his mother at home. Most of the other mother's are fine, even Judy is tolerable. But that mother(Djokovic) is one annoying mother.

CanadianChic
04-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I mean he hadn't played for amonth or something
i really miss his play hope he will do well at monte carlo

Wasn't he just in Miami. I could see someone missing Sampras, or Agassi, or Borg, or Connors, or McEnroe, etc., but it's been like two weeks.

What round was he taken out in again and wasn't it Djokovic that stated something along the lines of the only players worth watching are the top three? Good times.

Semi-Pro
04-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I miss his old serve. The new one blows.

Same here. Good thing the serve isn't as big as factor on clay than it is on other surfaces.

Sentinel
04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Who misses Nole ?

Everyone in p_agony's sig !

forzamilan90
04-10-2010, 09:33 AM
yeah i miss djokovic, fun player he is

angiebaby
04-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Actually spelled is American English and spelt is British English. I would have thought that would be obvious?

So they're both right. Now folks, was it really worth arguing about? :)

Re: Novak, I hope his game comes together and soon. I used to be a big fan and though that time has passed, I wish he'd play better than he has done this year.

rovex
04-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Actually spelled is American English and spelt is British English. I would have thought that would be obvious?

So they're both right. Now folks, was it really worth arguing about? :)

Re: Novak, I hope his game comes together and soon. I used to be a big fan and though that time has passed, I wish he'd play better than he has done this year.

Ask Commando Fail, since he said "it isn't a word". :)

NoleDjoko
04-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Ask Commando Fail, since he said "it isn't a word". :)

Ya that Commando guy is dumb

OJ ROD
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I thought so :)

But at the same time, epic fail for arguing on the internet.

I thought of it as more a debate than an argument, don't you think?

OJ ROD
04-10-2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spelt

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spelt

is webster's for the whole of the english speakers, regardless of nation?