PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick Endorses new Sports Beverage

ChevyTennis
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Just found this on MSNBCs website... interesting. Can't wait to give Aqiss a try.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36328461

JRstriker12
04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
A I the only person that thinks that brand has an unfortunate name that rhymes closely with type of liquid that you wouldn't want to drink?

Just switch the "q" to a "p" - LOL!!!

sureshs
04-09-2010, 01:19 PM
A I the only person that thinks that brand has an unfortunate name that rhymes closely with type of liquid that you wouldn't want to drink?

Just switch the "q" to a "p" - LOL!!!

LOL. A taste of bottled Roddick.

gino
04-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Looks pretty legit, too bad 2 ounces costs $3... thats crazy

spacediver
04-09-2010, 04:28 PM
AQUISS(TM) features the Company's Instant Nano Hydration and Cell Armor
technologies, providing instant, direct delivery of rehydration and
cell-repair-and-protection payloads into the bloodstream beginning through
the membranes of the mouth. These Instant Nano Hydration and Cell Armor
technologies help provide sustained wellness necessary for life's
performances and vigorous longevity. In addition, the Company's
nano-encapsulation technology prevents the destruction of its active
payloads in the stomach.

This sounds like a load of absolute crap.

Chevy, why are you so keen on trying this drink? Because Roddick endorses it? Do you actually think that means anything with respect to the drink's efficacy?

A simple gatorade will do you fine. Hell, you can even make your own isotonic drink by mixing the right concentrations of salt, sugar and water.

JRstriker12
04-09-2010, 06:07 PM
From the article in the OP:

"Aqiss is essentially an oral IV."

OUCH!!! Nothing like an IV needle administered orally to get you refreshed for your tennis match....

LOL!!!

Also not confident that drinking a drink featuring nano-technology is smart right now...

Andy does get the props for getting the cash though.

volleynets
04-09-2010, 06:16 PM

Chevy, why are you so keen on trying this drink? Because Roddick endorses it? Do you actually think that means anything with respect to the drink's efficacy?

A simple gatorade will do you fine. Hell, you can even make your own isotonic drink by mixing the right concentrations of salt, sugar and water.

Its ok if he wants to try the drink just if Roddick endorses it.

At least he is not one of the guys I have seen that have Roddick's shoes, Roddick's racket, Roddick's walk, Roddick's oversize Lacoste shirts, Roddick's exact cap, Roddick's stroke technique and grip, Roddick's exact service motion, Roddick's ankle braces, and to top that off, serve only 40 miles per hour and shank every ball trying to hit Roddick's forehand.

Vyse
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Its a 3oz pounch of powder. You fill it with water to around 20 oz. Who knows, it may be good.

ChevyTennis
04-09-2010, 07:06 PM

I'm interested in it because of this:

"Company officials say that they have a patent-pending biotechnology that involves something called nano-encapsulated “payloads,” filled with electrolytes and antioxidants, that deliver the drink’s nutrients faster than any other sports beverage."

I want to see if it'll actually works.

Larrysümmers
04-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Seems like Gatoraid with a paint job. Is that why Roddick
has been drinking from a blacked out bottle since the US open last year?

ollinger
04-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Chevy
What part of this nonsense makes any sense to you? Encapsulating things usually means they're absorbed more SLOWLY as the molecules are absorbed individually and would first have to leave the "capsule," whatever that is. Ane why do you want ANTIoxidants in an energy drink? When you exercise you OXIDIZE nutrients, something counter to the effect of antioxidants.

BobFL
04-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm interested in it because of this:

"Company officials say that they have a patent-pending biotechnology that involves something called nano-encapsulated “payloads,” filled with electrolytes and antioxidants, that deliver the drink’s nutrients faster than any other sports beverage."

I want to see if it'll actually works.

There is NO way you can see if it works or not...

Commando Tennis Shorts
04-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I wonder what it tastes like.

I'm interested

ChevyTennis
04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
There is NO way you can see if it works or not...

I'll see if I feel more hydrated :)

Raindogs
04-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I'll stick to my Crunk Juice, thank you very much.
http://nodeli.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/bpg03il2.jpg

PTFC
04-11-2010, 06:46 PM
CRUNK JUICE is the leading beverage on tour right now...

md_tennis_guy
04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
if crunk juice is popular, then you might as well try "BootySweat"

OliverSimon
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know when this might be coming out?

Big_Dangerous
04-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Its ok if he wants to try the drink just if Roddick endorses it.

At least he is not one of the guys I have seen that have Roddick's shoes, Roddick's racket, Roddick's walk, Roddick's oversize Lacoste shirts, Roddick's exact cap, Roddick's stroke technique and grip, Roddick's exact service motion, Roddick's ankle braces, and to top that off, serve only 40 miles per hour and shank every ball trying to hit Roddick's forehand.

Lolz, yeah I like him because he's American, but honestly everything else I kind of hate. His game is kind of ugly as is what he wears. I really don't care for Lacoste at all.

1540tennis
04-12-2010, 05:30 AM
I'll just stick with water... I have never found sports drinks to be more effective

Slazenger07
04-19-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll stick to my Crunk Juice, thank you very much.
http://nodeli.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/bpg03il2.jpg

LOL.

Official slogan of Crunk Juice: "What!??.... OK!!!... YEEAAHH!

everard104
04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
well before everyone jumps on the pessimist/hater/whiny wagon...he was using it for some time on his own because of the amount of fluids he loses while playing. even haters would know (maybe) that people sweat at different rates. roddick is a crazy sweaty dude. he has sweat dripping from the bill of his hat usually by the 2nd game. anyway, there was a time when people doubted the benefits of drinking gatorade, etc.