PDA

View Full Version : The Saint Lucia Prostaff

AM95
04-10-2010, 07:22 AM
So I was having a lesson with my coach, and we got into this conversation about what he said was pretty much the best Prostaff made...

He said that like, on the buttcap, it said like some tropical island name, Saint Lucia he thought. Along the frame were like, airholes. He also said that Wilson closed down that plant, and those rackets were pretty much discontinued..

Does anyone have a picture, model, or have this racket?

roger nadal
04-10-2010, 07:49 AM
never heard of it but it sounds cool. what do u mean by air holes, like O ports?

wangs78
04-10-2010, 07:55 AM
You sure he's not talking about St. Vincent?

AM95
04-10-2010, 08:17 AM
never heard of it but it sounds cool. what do u mean by air holes, like O ports?

no not that big. smaller ones. but i gusse so.

You sure he's not talking about St. Vincent?

could be saint vincent...like i said he wasn't sure. was that plant closed down?

Jchurch
04-10-2010, 09:34 AM
It was St. Vincent. The plant has been closed down for a number of years now.

Young Pete
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
your coach's knowledge about the history of st. vincent ps is very limited and inaccurate i might add!

AM95
04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
your coach's knowledge about the history of st. vincent ps is very limited and inaccurate i might add!

so tell us about it.

SamSung
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
So I was having a lesson with my coach, and we got into this conversation about what he said was pretty much the best Prostaff made...

He said that like, on the buttcap, it said like some tropical island name, Saint Lucia he thought. Along the frame were like, airholes. He also said that Wilson closed down that plant, and those rackets were pretty much discontinued..

Does anyone have a picture, model, or have this racket?

The island would be St.Vincent and the airholes would be called...grommet holes.

DudewithBabolat
04-11-2010, 12:21 PM
The island would be St.Vincent and the airholes would be called...grommet holes.

Your coach got owned by somebody over the internet. You might want to have him read up on some TT treads, the St. Vincent racquets are legendary on here.

drakulie
04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Well, if your coach is referring to the St. Vincent, I would agree it is hands down the best pro staff, if not best racquet ever made.

PTFC
04-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Looking to trade 2 Wilson Dora the Explorer racquets 9/10 for a legendary St. Lucia PS 7/10 or greater...

Anyone?