View Full Version : What kind of grip is this?

Arch Stanton
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
I just received a demo racquet from TW (Tour 90) that has an overgrip on it. I'm assuming it was put on by the previous person to demo it. I really like the feel of it and I'm trying to figure out what overgrip it is. It's dark gray (faded black maybe?), has a soft cloth-like feel, and appears to have very slight grooves in it. It's taped with some Gamma finishing tape but I don't think it's a Gamma overgrip. I think it's Babolat Symbio Overgrip based on the grips I looked up on TW, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

04-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Probably Wilson Cushion-Aire, my friend uses something that fits your description we'll probably play on Friday, I'll ask, probably not gamma but I think he has gamma tape on it too, not sure.

Arch Stanton
04-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks. I posted in the racquet section as well on the off chance that the person who last demoed the Tour 90 might get back to me.

04-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Demo... Im demoing also, what if I break the strings? Im a string breaker and multis break very fast... how do you like that Tour 90? Im demoing the H Tour MP.

Arch Stanton
04-14-2004, 06:09 PM
There's no charge for broken strings if that's what you mean. You just return the racquet to TW and they'll restring it before they send it out again. I don't know if they'll send it back to you -- that's probably a question for them. I haven't hit with the Tour 90 yet. I normally play with the PS 85. I've heard mixed things about the Tour 90 so I thought I'd see for myself.

04-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Nevermind, he uses a H2O grip, weird... :P I still think the Pro rocks! :)