PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so....

vwfye
04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
... but I'm gonna try Big Hitter Blue in my PK Pro Boron this week. My last coil of Head Rip Control just popped. Sure hope I don't hate this choice.

Anyone trying modern poly in their classic stick?

retrowagen
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM

Nope; tried some in a Fischer Vacuum Pro Classic and concluded it nullified much of the most valued attributes of the classics.

Let us know how it works out in your Boron frame. And remember, ibuprophen before and after you play should help the elbow and shoulder! (just kidding)

ericsson
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
... but I'm gonna try Big Hitter Blue in my PK Pro Boron this week. My last coil of Head Rip Control just popped. Sure hope I don't hate this choice.

Oh yes i had great fun with polystar in my old Donnay's but keep the tension as low as possible...

vwfye
04-15-2010, 11:48 AM
I fudged... I went with Big Hitter Gray on the mains and Ashaway Liberty on the crosses. I just couldn't do it.

vwfye
04-15-2010, 08:37 PM
i think i made the correct choice. played fantastic today!!! nice volley touch, good kick on the serve and solid groundies!

vwfye
04-19-2010, 10:52 AM
went back to a 4 7/8 grip size too! man, what a difference :) I don't get the 4 1/4 grip craze... too unstable in my paw and too much wrist involved in the shots! i guess if you hit 4 hours per day, you would get use to it, but i don't.

Tennis Man
04-19-2010, 11:37 AM

I've been using Luxilon and Pro Supex Big Ace on some of my classics, usually concurrent with Nat Gut set-ups and there is no comparison - Nat Gut is the king of the string. I'm slowly moving to full gut on all of my classics, especially 85-90 sq inch Pro Staffs and Head Prestiges.