PDA

View Full Version : White Rossignol F200 Carbon

Rock Strongo
04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I was at a second-hand store a long time ago after practice and i found two racquets. One old Tretorn graphite (not the one i've already posted, that was steel) and this. I bought the Tretorn first, and after i made some research on the Rossi i found out that the white one was quite rare. So i ran back to the shop, shelled out the equivalent of 4 dollars and here it is. However, it's not in great condition. I think there are two cracks at the yoke, however i hope that they're just in the paint(see pic and decide for yourself)
http://i41.tinypic.com/2s9zp86.jpg

Also, it's been worn down to the graphite at 12 o'clock by the looks of it
http://i40.tinypic.com/2w4k3l3.jpg

And here it is, Dino Lagaffe style (apologies for the large pictures)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ce19gn.jpg

Ignore the awful pink strings. Feels nice and flexy.

mad dog1
04-15-2010, 01:01 PM
hard to say if the crack is in the frame or paint, but it looks like it's been strung incorrectly. my f200 only has 17 crosses. i count 20 on yours. there's 2 extra crosses at the top and 1 extra at the throat.

galain
04-15-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm almost certain this was a release for the Asian market, (or for women players). It's considerably lighter than the original F200 and plays quite a bit differently. There's another white version as well - without the inverted "yoke" above the handle. They both feel a lot closer to the 230 to me than they do to the original grey or later green 200's.

Still though, any Rossi is a good Rossi!

Dino Lagaffe
04-16-2010, 12:17 AM

Or to paraphrase another saying; "A bad day with a Rossi beats the daylight out of a good day with another racquet." :wink:

Rock Strongo
04-17-2010, 02:52 AM
hard to say if the crack is in the frame or paint, but it looks like it's been strung incorrectly. my f200 only has 17 crosses. i count 20 on yours. there's 2 extra crosses at the top and 1 extra at the throat.

I found a picture and mine has indeed been strung incorrectly. However I don't dare having it strung up correctly. Meybe I should just cut the strings out and leave it alone for collection purposes?

This shucks because I really wanted to try it with gut......

galain
04-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Or to paraphrase another saying; "A bad day with a Rossi beats the daylight out of a good day with another racquet." :wink:

Amen brother!

vsbabolat
04-17-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm almost certain this was a release for the Asian market, (or for women players). It's considerably lighter than the original F200 and plays quite a bit differently. There's another white version as well - without the inverted "yoke" above the handle. They both feel a lot closer to the 230 to me than they do to the original grey or later green 200's.

I don't know about that. I knew a person from S.A. who was a very good player who went to France and came back with 4 of those white F200 with the inverted yoke in LM weight.

joe sch
04-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Wonder how many diff f200 carbon models there are ?
I was just looking thru some rackets today and found a new, never strung blue f200 carbon model :) Really a good looker, will try to get a pic for this thread ...

Rock Strongo
04-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb. I'll cut the old strings out, save money for cheap gut and a stringer, then string it up at a loose tension. And Joe, I wanna see youe blue Rossi!

Edit: After cutting out the strings i noticed how ingompetent the old stringer was. He had tied off SIX(!) times! The grommets are shot too, so it's going to require a WHOLE lot of nylon tubing.

vsbabolat
04-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Wonder how many diff f200 carbon models there are ?
I was just looking thru some rackets today and found a new, never strung blue f200 carbon model :) Really a good looker, will try to get a pic for this thread ...

Starting in 1989 there was a Blue, Red, and I think one or two other colors.....

Dino Lagaffe
04-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Green

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy282/dinolagaffe/Rossignol/DSCN0988.jpg

Blue

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy282/dinolagaffe/Rossignol/DSCN0989.jpg

Grey

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy282/dinolagaffe/Rossignol/DSCN0982.jpg

Dino Lagaffe
04-17-2010, 10:03 AM
White

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy282/dinolagaffe/Rossignol/DSCN1005.jpg

Grey (Mats Wilander)

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy282/dinolagaffe/Rossignol/DSCN1006.jpg

Rock Strongo
04-17-2010, 10:17 AM
All pictures

Nice looking frames! I see that you're a Rossi fan:) 3 questions: How much did your white one cost? Which one is your favourite and do you know where you can get replacement grommets?

Dino Lagaffe
04-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Nice looking frames! I see that you're a Rossi fan:) 3 questions: How much did your white one cost? Which one is your favourite and do you know where you can get replacement grommets?

You've got mail.

Rock Strongo
04-17-2010, 11:33 AM
You've got mail.
Well, so do you:)

galain
04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
I don't know about that. I knew a person from S.A. who was a very good player who went to France and came back with 4 of those white F200 with the inverted yoke in LM weight.

Could well be VS. I only have my own experience to go on. I have 4 of these white ones as well, from different countries, and they all play and feel a lot lighter than the original, but 4 is hardly a representative sample.

anirut
04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
My F200's, orginal blue grey and pink

http://www.tennisenjoy.com/en/museumbrands/rossi/f200/

jimbo333
04-20-2010, 06:53 AM
I have a white F200, but it's different to the one in the photo!

It has open throat, no "inverted yoke" above handle, and is same weight as my other grey F200, it is much heavier than my later red F200!

Bud
04-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I have a white F200, but it's different to the one in the photo!

It has open throat, no "inverted yoke" above handle, and is same weight as my other grey F200, it is much heavier than my later red F200!

Hi Jimbo... the JC shirt arrived yesterday :)

jimbo333
04-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Jimbo... the JC shirt arrived yesterday :)

Superb thanks:)

Have been away for about a week, will email you tomorrow when I get home!

Rock Strongo
03-12-2012, 06:43 AM
2 years have gone, still haven't been able to fix the imploding grommets, some are still stuck in the racquet...

However, I came across another white Rossi, however I have no idea what this one is. I'm contemplating buying it because it's within walking distance of where I live.

http://213.132.112.105/images/09/0989719299.jpg

Any ideas?

If it's not that sought after I might be able to use it as an organ donor.

galain
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
If it's a 210, then yes, I'd buy it if I had one within walking distance. Of course, I am also slightly Rossi deranged. I have one back home in Oz. Not as good as the 200, better than the 230.

Did Rossi ever make a 220? It's a gap in my collection!

Rock Strongo
03-12-2012, 10:36 AM
If it's a 210, then yes, I'd buy it if I had one within walking distance. Of course, I am also slightly Rossi deranged. I have one back home in Oz. Not as good as the 200, better than the 230.

Did Rossi ever make a 220? It's a gap in my collection!

Well then! I'll send her an email and hopefully pick it up tomorrow!

Actually, when I say walking distance, I literally mean like 300 metres from my apartment. Only thing though is that she demands 200 Swedish kronor for it!

Fearsome Forehand
03-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Good rackets but like many of that era they do tend to suffer from BGS (Brittle Grommet Syndrome) which is similar to osteoporosis. Try feeding the racket some Tums. :)

I am also a fan of the white Rossi 200's and 200 Carbons in general.

Plastic tubing is your friend.

6-2/6-4/6-0
03-12-2012, 06:23 PM
As far as I know there was no F220.

I have a spate of F200s and just acquired my first 250. I also have a small collection of C-12s, a Kriek, and a R40. Still need to keep the collection growing, but that will just take time... Hesitated on a 200 Carbon that was on the auction site - never strung, in a 3/8ths - should have picked it up for the $80 they were asking, but it was gone by the time I went back for it...

Fearsome Forehand
03-12-2012, 06:49 PM
As far as I know there was no F220.

I have a spate of F200s and just acquired my first 250. I also have a small collection of C-12s, a Kriek, and a R40. Still need to keep the collection growing, but that will just take time... Hesitated on a 200 Carbon that was on the auction site - never strung, in a 3/8ths - should have picked it up for the $80 they were asking, but it was gone by the time I went back for it...

$80 for a never strung 200 is a steal. That is a $200 racket easy. If you see a deal like that, you have to jump on it because it will be gone in a flash.

Edit: The $80 racket was a Graphite 200 not a Carbon 200; a different animal. And the seller sounded like he wasn't a tennis guy and said he wasn't sure if the racket had been strung, etc. $80-ish is about right if it had not been strung. If it was a never strung Carbon F200, it would be worth a lot more as they have a much bigger following.

Rock Strongo
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
And it is an F210 Graphite!

Forgot though to send her a mail yesterday... I'll do that now.

Baxter
09-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I picked up a really nice grey "R" version F200 today. I will hit with it tomorrow. $4.00 plus tax at GW.

Rock Strongo
09-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I picked up a really nice grey "R" version F200 today. I will hit with it tomorrow. $4.00 plus tax at GW.

Sweet! I remember mine as being absurdly soft. Max 200G-ish, but without the witchcraft stiffness. It's a very good deal you've got there.

I wish mine didn't disintegrate after cutting the strings out...

Baxter
09-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Sweet! I remember mine as being absurdly soft. Max 200G-ish, but without the witchcraft stiffness. It's a very good deal you've got there.

I wish mine didn't disintegrate after cutting the strings out...

I didn't play with my 200G today, but I got to hit against a backboard and serve with it. This feels like no other racket I've ever hit with. It really vibrates and flexes all over the place. After I got used to it, it was fun hitting with it, especially slices. Serves seemed about normal for me and were easy to place. Another fun stick in my playing collection. If you collect rackets to play with, you have to grab one of these.

galain
09-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Baxter

Swing it hard! You can't be tentative with these sticks - the more you swing the better they feel (less flutter).

have fun!

Baxter
09-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Baxter

Swing it hard! You can't be tentative with these sticks - the more you swing the better they feel (less flutter).

have fun!

I hit with it today in doubles. Great fun to play with. One of the players today used to string for Wilander, who gave him one of his rackets. He said it's the same as mine (gray) but with gut strings and a Fairway grip.

Rock Strongo
09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
I didn't play with my 200G today, but I got to hit against a backboard and serve with it. This feels like no other racket I've ever hit with. It really vibrates and flexes all over the place. After I got used to it, it was fun hitting with it, especially slices. Serves seemed about normal for me and were easy to place. Another fun stick in my playing collection. If you collect rackets to play with, you have to grab one of these.

I've rocked the Max 200G for a few years now. It's... different! That's what it is. Love using it as a main stick because it has the ability to be very powerful (I hit a monster backhand return winner off of a second serve. Just waited for the ball to come and BOOM!) yet very controlled. I feel like I need a bit more margin for error now though, so I've moved straight from that to the Prince Precision Mono (I have a Graphene Speed at home too, but it's unstrung. Chose to restring the Mono instead). Immediately I noticed that my backhand had gone to poop, but that'll come back. Didn't care much for the F200 though. Did say it felt nice, but it was kind of meh.

On a different note (going by very flexible racquets), I don't care much for the Yonex RQ-180 either, but the strings in it are horrible and should be replaced. Sounds really weird when you hit the ball. Like a "fluff" type sound.