PDA

View Full Version : new addidas; Barricade III or a3's???

lendl lives
02-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Which shoe do you like better and why?

Hawaii 5.0
02-23-2004, 11:09 PM
I like both and prefer both in certain ways. I like the 3's because they have more rubber that goes up further,newer softer plastic side inserts,better leather,better EVA,more comfortable side padding,wider base.I prefer the B2's becuase they had a more snug fit and had more leather(no plastic connectors) and better lacing,cheaper,lighter,more comfy tongue.

mattlikovich
02-24-2004, 04:37 AM
I like the a3. The barricades seemed to tight, and got really hott in the summer. The A3 have really good flex and have last a lot longer than I thought they would have. I'm going to buy anyother pair of them.

Matt

lendl lives
02-24-2004, 04:37 PM
tks guys,

just ordered the a3's may end up with both though. If the a3's are cooler than thats great.

Hawaii 5.0
02-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Sorry guys I totally misread the question.I was comparing the Barricade 2's and Barricade 3's and not the B3's versus the A3(cubed)

I much prefer the B3's because of the warrantied outsole,stability and it's designed to be work hard.The A3's suspend your foot and are comfy, but don't hold up and don't hold or support your foot as well.I say the A3's are good for walking and teaching and general play, but not practice and matches.I didn't think much of the A3's and they were overpriced more so than other shoes,plus no warranty,I say that despite the Adiwear rubber Nike performance shoes like the Breathe's might suit better.

smoothasmecir
02-25-2004, 07:44 AM
I've had both. The A3's lasted me about a month before I tore through the sole, the B3's are going on two months with no wear whatsoever. As for overall comfort and fit, the A3's are a lot nice, but the barricades are indestructable.

jayserinos99
02-26-2004, 03:11 AM
Hawaii, have you worn the Nike Air Court Motion Intls? And if you have, how do they compare to the A3s durability wise? I have the ACMIs and I've tried on the A3s and they felt good, but was kinda skeptical about the pricing of them.

Hawaii 5.0
02-26-2004, 07:43 AM
ACMI's are my match shoes right now.I have about 5 pairs left and in the summer they last about 3 weeks for the shoe, but the toe about 2.The A3's use the same rubber as the B3's, but not in the same areas or same amount.I prefer the ACMI's because they are low to the ground,supportive,very suportive,light.The A3's aren't worth the price and imo they could have used the cushioning system better.I heard they tested it up in Pepperdine with the mens team and they loved it, but when you give free stuff away people might give too good a review.If you can still find ACMI's I'd go for them,I stocked up in black and white and am set for few months.

lendl lives
03-01-2004, 10:27 AM
When I first got back into tennis four months ago I was playing with some cheap big 5 sale shoes. Then I got some addidas ascensions. I noticed an increase in comfort and support. But after playing with the a3's I noticed a big difference in my game. Can shoes make you a better player?? I was chasing everything down. It was like I was gliding. I took down the clubs best singles player for the first time -2-2.. It was so funny caus inbetween sets he was just staring at my shoes and actually reached down to see how they fit! Maybe it was just psychological, but It felt like more than that. Thanks addidas.

failurebydesign
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
I was interested in A3's earlier this year... before the original colors were discontinued, and we were left with the disgusting silver and red versions. Disgusting.

tnkGod4tns
03-02-2004, 09:38 PM
i tried the a3's once did not like them, but of course i only tried them once for fit in the store, i like the barricades better.