PDA

View Full Version : baghdatis and pacific

Jeewalk
04-16-2010, 06:39 PM
would baghdatis switch to pacific since their racquets are basically fischer rackets?

Bogie
04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
not unless they make him a better offer than he already has from tecnifibre. he hasn't switched sticks over the past however many years....only paint, from fischer black and yellow to tecni red and black

LPShanet
04-19-2010, 03:04 PM
would baghdatis switch to pacific since their racquets are basically fischer rackets?

I'm pretty sure Tecnifibre picked up his old Fischer mold when putting together the current 315, meaning he could keep using his old frames while using a current 315 paintjob, and it would be pretty hard for any parties involved to tell the difference. So no reason to switch, as he's currently under contract to Tecnifibre.

everard104
04-19-2010, 04:24 PM
..anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor of tecnifibre closing up shop on their racquet business?

Gaab
04-20-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm pretty sure Tecnifibre picked up his old Fischer mold when putting together the current 315, meaning he could keep using his old frames while using a current 315 paintjob
They did this for the previous model (Marcos' previous TFlash 15, red and black) but for the last model they did a pretty bad job. Marcos is advertising the TFlash Speedflex 315 (16/19 pattern, speedflex on the throat) and plays with this paintjob, yet the racquet he uses has a 16/20 pattern and no speedflex on the throat. His current racquet also sports the old Fischer bumpguard, whereas the retail Speedflex 315 has a different one.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08PS01TcrcdAV/610x.jpg

But, to answer the OP, if TF continues to provide Baghdatis with the frame he wants, I don't see why he would switch to Pacific—unless they offered him a better deal, or TF stopped producing racquets, as the rumor goes.