PDA

View Full Version : what kind of paintjob is that???!!

david aames
04-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Just for the laugh...

agassi.jpg

Kevin6447
04-14-2004, 08:15 PM
those intellifibers look so lifelike

Hewittfan22
04-14-2004, 08:21 PM
so what kind of racqet is agassi really using?

david aames
04-15-2004, 05:17 AM
so what kind of racqet is agassi really using?

Easy. It's a wood Borg Pro. You can do wonders with a can of orange paint.

Swan Song
04-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Looks like an old radical or twin tube with glossy i. radical paintjob.

BreakPoint
04-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Looks like a box beam Wilson PS 6.0 95 to me. I believe all the real Head Radicals had roundish beams, no?

jmckinney
04-16-2004, 05:07 AM
I looks like the radical trisys 260 with a i.radical paintjob.

@wright
04-16-2004, 05:41 AM
I agree, jmckinney, I have always thought agassi still used the trisys. You could always tell by the different headshape. It may be something else now that he is experimenting with headsize.

bsandy
04-16-2004, 07:38 AM
WOW . . . that's a great pic . . . I'd like to see one that closely from the last nine months.

I wonder if he's really married to Steffi, or is that a paint job too ???

I really like the Vibration Dampener !!!

. . . Bud

Rabbit
04-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Whatever it is, it's got an 18X19 string pattern.

I just checked the specs on the Radical OS....and wait....it's got an 18X19 string pattern as well! How can this be? Agassi can't be playing with a racket that is anything similar to one they sell can he? Surely he would have a different string pattern than the one they sell. :shock:

8)

Foo4Everlong
04-16-2004, 03:41 PM
I always thought that it was interesting when Andre played night matches that the black part or throat area always shinned brightly, where on the i. radical that we got had a very dull finish. That brought up a lot of red flags to what racquet he was actually using. But, david aames, great photo, it's always cool to see those really upclose shots of the pros racquets. I've seen a few close-ups on Andre's new racquet, but nothing close enough to actually see anything that well. Nothing like the one you have here. Later

Ronaldo
04-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Box beams rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keeping it Old School for the 04

david aames
04-16-2004, 06:52 PM
I'd like to see one that closely from the last nine months.

No fun here. They got their act together...

lm.jpg

Swan Song
04-16-2004, 07:40 PM
The shaft is sort of round like the LM Rad, but the corrugations of the LM's looks like they're painted like Radical Junior. One side says LiquidMetal and one side says Head. Surprisingly, the Head looks rounder on this "LiquidMetal". This is not a conclusion, but an assumption. This is a custom LiquidMetal frame without the bumps or corrugations.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
04-16-2004, 09:17 PM
On the LM, his racquet has grooves from throat to head, not on the old one. It also looks like a less boxy beam to be honest. Did he actually change racquets at all?

vishente
04-16-2004, 09:47 PM
That is the LM by far... or at least one with customized specs

BreakPoint
04-16-2004, 11:44 PM
I heard (I think Johnny Mac mentioned it during last year's US Open), that Andre did indeed change his racquet when he switched from his i.Radical paintjob to the LM Radical. We all know that what he is using now is a customized racquet. Whether or not it is anything like a real LM Radical is unknown unless you can get a hold of one and hit with it and compare the two. All we know for sure is that he went from one customized racquet with an i.Radical paintjob to another new customized racquet with a LM Radical paintjob. The two photos in this thread I think prove that. They are obviously different racquets. The first one has a box beam and the second one has a rounded beam with those triangular indentations at the top of the "V" of the throat.

touchytennis
04-17-2004, 02:58 AM
has anyone strung agassi's racquets before? itd be interesting to get first hand info

BreakPoint
04-17-2004, 10:23 AM
I haven't strung Agassi's racquets before but I did talk extensively with his personal stringer. He said Agassi's current racquet that looks like a LM Radical is a fully customized racquet. It has a headsize in between the MP and the OS, weighs about 13.2 oz., close to even balance, and has a custom handle. I've never hit with either a stock LM Radical nor Agassi's racquet so I can't tell you what the similarities and differences are.

Swan Song
04-17-2004, 11:55 AM
BTW, was his Radical always 18x19 or was it something crazy like 20x21?

ibemadskillzz
04-17-2004, 07:15 PM
David, where do you get these pictures, I like them. What website?

D. Nelson
04-18-2004, 07:19 AM
....that 'box-beam' picture is EXCELLENT, thanks for sharing it !!!! It sure is a 'mystery', though... It would be great to SEE a corresponding picture of the trisys 260....!!!

Deuce B
04-18-2004, 08:36 PM
I'd like to see one that closely from the last nine months.

No fun here. They got their act together...

http://www.rdausse.com/misc/lm.jpg
WTF is wrong with his right ear?!?

Is that a paintjob on his head?

dander
04-19-2004, 07:51 AM
looks like he got cauliflower ear from boxing a few rounds with his dad

@wright
04-19-2004, 08:08 AM
LMAO cauliflower ear

ProStaffTour90
04-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Well the first one clearly can't be a ProStaff 95, you can still tell that the head is much bigger than that!

And i agree, the second picture does look like a different racquet, much rounder frame!!!

Foo4Everlong
04-20-2004, 06:40 AM
It's quite obvious that the "Liquidmetal" areas are smooth, where as on the retail racquets they are bumpy or they protrude out from the frame a little bit. And it says "Liquidmetal" on one side of the frame instead of just "Head." Later

@wright
04-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Check out the difference in where the throat meets the head on the two racquets, completely different. It's more flat on the i variety, whereas there is a little groove on the lm. THe top one really looks alot more like a trisys.

david aames
04-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I haven't strung Agassi's racquets before but I did talk extensively with his personal stringer. He said Agassi's current racquet that looks like a LM Radical is a fully customized racquet. It has a headsize in between the MP and the OS, weighs about 13.2 oz., close to even balance, and has a custom handle. I've never hit with either a stock LM Radical nor Agassi's racquet so I can't tell you what the similarities and differences are.

I don't buy the theory that Agassi has his own mold. If he had Head design a frame from scratch, he wouldn't need the lead tape.

vishente
04-23-2004, 11:46 PM
David, where do you get these pictures, I like them. What website?
http://www.rdausse.com/misc/agassi.jpg

That is the webpage, it seems to be blocked though.... I was trying names, replacing agassi but i could just find this one....

http://www.rdausse.com/misc/sampras.jpg

hope that helps....

Morpheus
04-24-2004, 03:33 AM
It's clearly a paintjob. AA's never changed rackets since he was 3. Check out the below pic for the real AA racket...

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/tfj/Image%20de%20tennis/Agassi%207ans.JPG

Kevin T
04-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Ah, Morpheus, the political jab. What is the quote about if you are not a liberal in your 20's you have no heart and if you're still a liberal in your 30's you have no brain? Just kidding of course. A true independent like myself thinks Dems and Repubs are both idiots.

Morpheus
04-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Don't insult a fellow independent like that! Liberal does not equal Democrat (although "Dubya" does equal "Dimwt.")

Not all Dems and Rep are inherently bad or dumb, they just are. Same with fraternities and sororities--some people just need to join clubs and follow the pack. I was a GDI in school and I'm a GDI today.

Actually the full quotation comes from KARL ROVE, Bush's long-time political guru and White House advisor:

"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans...
...unless they have too much education and vote Democratic,
which proves there can be too much of a good thing."

Pretty outragious thing to say.

bsandy
04-25-2004, 06:57 AM
maybe cauliflower ear from Steffi's thighs ?

tarheelbornjohn
04-28-2004, 05:15 AM
Looks like the radical to me, not sure about the bumps in the LM. The bottom gromments look right. I do like the LUX ALU, you can tell because the stincel is wearing off on new strings. It looks like there may be little notches in them like the rough versions.

bsandy
04-28-2004, 09:02 AM
It's not ALU . . . It's Ashaway Liberty, with a paintjob.

Praetorian
05-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Holy crap!! Someone bumped a 7 year old thread to post some kind of random comment? This has to be some kind of record