PDA

View Full Version : Blue Gear from Pro Supex - My observations

Tennis_Monk
04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Finally i got to hit with this string. Strung my Babolat Pure drive + with this string at 55 lbs. I used Lux ALu rough in the past.

I didnt play a match with it but used it against ball machine as thats all i could arrange for now.

Excellent Spin, Great control. There is a definite Kick on the ball.

Serves were great too. Its almost like i got an extra foot or two of height because of the strings.

I personally felt Lux Alu Rough was much easier on the shoulder than Blue Gear but that could also be because i was pushing myself a lot because of the insane spin this string is generating. I will confirm after playing a few more sessions and perhaps 1 or 2 matches.

Clearly this string has got my attention. I also want to try out Kirschbaum Spiky Shark 1.25 and see what it got to offer.

Has anyone used Lux Alu Rough, Blue Gear , Kirshbaum SPiky Shark before? if so i am interested in your observations.

Ambivalent
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I prefer Alu rough in those three. I've always wanted to like blue gear - the color is just beautiful and goes well with any racket. But unfortunately, blue gear just feels too mushy to me, and does not hold tension well at all. As well, the texture wears off after an hour of hitting.